• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think you're kissing up to Diddy too much.
You'd be surprised how many new users pop up and suggest Impa.

It's just you guys in particular and your Anti-Impa propoganda like this that's making people turn off of the idea.

Hell, check places other than Smashboards and nobody there with a sane mind is suggesting Ridley. Yet, Ridley is king of the Smashboards Smash 4 speculation rosters.

To end all:

stinging words.png

Gune

Smash Lord

It's just you guys in particular and your Anti-Impa propoganda like this that's making people turn off of the idea.

Hell, check places other than Smashboards and nobody there with a sane mind is suggesting Ridley. Yet, Ridley is king of the Smashboards Smash 4 speculation rosters.

To end all:

View attachment 5081
truth be told I don't mind Impa I just don't want her replacing sheik that's all.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
When people start getting confirmed and disconfirmed and replacement rumors start up thats when stuff is gonna get bloody...
It's probably gonna get bad when AT's start coming out a lot more, also when we get a few more newcomers... oh boy, it will be WFT all over again.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Toon Zelda was planned for Brawl.
My theory on that was because the Toon franchise and the Normal styled franchise were kind of seperate in the Zelda-verse at that time, and to show this, Sakurai decided to have both Toon Link and Toon Zelda, with Toon Zelda being one of those, extra, last-minute characters like how Falco, Pichu, Ganondorf, Roy, and Dr.Mario were. So, since times are a bit different then they were during Pre-Brawl, Toon Zelda might not even be considered any more.

Vaati will probably not even be considered. His biggest roles where in Four Sword Zelda games, which haven't been featured at all(besides his 2 recent, I guess you can call remakes, one being an anniversary edition and one being a 3DS ambassador. and are kind of the Super Mario Land of the Zelda franchise. It's about as niche as Zelda 2 is. Not many people hold it in high regard, and it was never much advertised as the other main games. It's pretty advertized compared to the other handhelds.

He also has nearly no abilities outside of his monster form, besides being a Wind Sage. Most of his attacks can easily be transferrable to his normal form. Given this does give him a lot more viability than say, Sheik ever did...

There's also Ghirahim. Who's a far more fitting second Zelda villain. And that other feminine looking mage dude from ALBW. I laugh at these statements. Vaati has started a sort of 'semi-villain' archetype, He started off as a main villain twice, yep, that's semi-villain. and he's yet to make an appearance in a highly advertised Zelda game. Like I said above, it's pretty advertised for a handheld.He becomes a lot more likely if say, he'd be the main villain of Zelda Wii U. But I doubt he'll ever get to that level. Seeing how I heard they wanted to make Zelda U multiplayer, I think he stands a good chance of at least being in the game.

Toon Zelda is simple, as we have Toon Link. Link + Zelda, Toon Link + Toon Zelda. It's easy logic. Yet boring easy logic. Tetra is cool though, would prefer her alone over Toon Zelda. In fact, I wouldn't mind this scenario either: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Tetra, Impa. Because **** the system. I'm fine with Tetra, Toon Zelda on the other hand, look at my reply to True Blue Warrior.

Tingle has a hate-base. Also, Villager seems to have Balloon Fighter's Up B. I doubt Tingle will be added as another character that basically relies on heavy gimmicks to work. He choose Villager to do this, and Villager is the only one with this sort of playstyle in my opinion. Tingle misses recent, strong appearances to. With his most influential role in a main Zelda game being a ridiculous greedy ******* with insane prices for Triforce Charts. Spin-offs? Yeah ok... Didn't even reach European shores, did terrible in the US... Tingle was even downrightly put out of Twilight Princess cause Nintendo wanted to appeal the game to a Western market. Need more reasons?

I say it's between boring addition of Toon Zelda or Impa. Both can also work I guess if Sheik is scrapped and Toon Zelda has no transformation, or Impa and Tetra are both spiritual replacements of Sheik.

In all actuality, this is what I'm gonna support then: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Tetra, Impa. Awesome cast of characters if I say so myself.
Responses in Red

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Multiplayer Zelda U? You think this means Four Swords style? If so, it could happen. I rather think that they'll go the multi player route with another character, or Zelda. Making the game for 2 players, not 4.

As said before, Vaati has no real big chance, and if he did Brawl was probably his best bet. If anything, blame Sheik for being in Brawl and Vaati not being in as an unique character.

Gune

Smash Lord
It's probably gonna get bad when AT's start coming out a lot more, also when we get a few more newcomers... oh boy, it will be WFT all over again.
You just made me think of something
Little Mac, Shulk and Isaac being confirmed as AT's think of the bloodshed.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I like Chandelure to. However, he doesn't have the controversiality with Bandana Dee as I have with Impa. And honestly, I still see Impa as more likely than Bandana Dee at this point. Purely cause I'm expecting major changes in Zelda and Ganondorf. And one of these changes in Zelda could easily be her losing her Sheik transformation, which gives room for Impa.

Reason of the face-shoving has a lot to do with earlier heavy opposition of the idea. It was blasted off immediately. 'Oh Impa? NO!' 'Impa? No, Sheik' 'NO SHEIK!? IMPA INSTEAD!?!? MOTHER****ER I'LL MURDER YOUR FACE!!!1`11 :mad:'
I didn't really bring up Chandelure to show an example of how to support a controversial character as much as just supporting a character a lot without it becoming tedious. Controversial or not, if you support a character at least don't push it so hard that people get incredibly tired of the idea, because if it actually happens then that character won't be met with a smile.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Little Mac, Shulk and Isaac being confirmed as AT's think of the bloodshed.

I believe Little Mac has enough of a chance where it's not likely as an AT. Issac and Shulk have to worry though...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If Zelda gets a fifth, I think Vaati is the most likely and important.

Am I the only person that thinks The Legend of Zelda is going to receive no new character whatsoever?
I'm with ya. There is really no need for another one. But, Sakurai might try to get one for filler like in Brawl. However I wouldn't expect that filler character to make the final cut.

Right now, Impa and Tetra/Toon Zelda are really the only Zelda characters that have a significant chance.
I disagree. I think Vaati has a great chance so long as Sakurai actually adds a fifth Zelda character just for the sole reason of filler and matching Mario and Pokemon like in Brawl. I think Vaati is more important than Impa even if he isn't as recent as her.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

It's cuz we're the smart ones. Notice how few Impa fans are out there, too.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I believe Little Mac has enough of a chance where it's not likely as an AT. Issac and Shulk have to worry though...
It would be the smarter idea to be more worried about Isaac then Shulk considering the circumstances being played out at the moment.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
As said before, Vaati has no real big chance
Way bigger chance than Impa, a character with literally no chance. Why is she even considered? Because the reasons you give don't matter when Sheik isn't going anywhere, Impa is a pure clone of her, and people wouldn't want her separate. Also she doesn't even have an important role, unlike Vaati who has a very important role and rivals her amount of appearances.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If we go by appearances in game. Impa beats Vaati by one game (or two if both the Oracles featured Impa, just can't remember), if we include the manuals and all that, count that as two more for Impa then. So not really no, both Vaati and Impa don't really rival each other in terms of appearances.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, Shulk is the character we should be worried about. He only had one game and little significance to Nintendo's history. Even "X" which isn't confirmed to be Xenoblade was revealed after Smash 4.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'd admire it more if it wasn't for the fact that it's always shoved in our faces. I admire Chandelure more since he's so dedicated to Bandana Dee and shows it in a way that isn't trying to force other people unto his bandwagon, even if Bandana Dee isn't as unlikely as Impa I still think it's cool.
Thank you :)
...Support Bandana Dee or die!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Golden Sun series as a whole stagnating (especially in Japan).
Golden Sun not exactly being on the radar at all.
The strong possibility of Isaac being an Assist Trophy again.
I personally think that series like Starfy, Sin & Punishment, and Golden Sun are pretty much in a middle position to the point Sakurai may not consider these characters.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Golden Sun series as a whole stagnating (especially in Japan).
Golden Sun not exactly being on the radar at all.
The strong possibility of Isaac being an Assist Trophy again.
Xenoblade only having one game
Not being popular everywhere or a whole lot if I recall
The strong possibility of Shulk being an Assist Trophy

But, yeah I worry about Issac too.

Since when are the masses the smart ones? ;)
Lol! He got you there!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I personally think that series like Starfy, Sin & Punishment, and Golden Sun are pretty much in a middle position to the point Sakurai may not consider these characters.
Well, mainly I'm just saying that there is still a real possibility of Isaac being skipped over for whatever reason.

But, do I need to seriously remind all of you about what happened in the Brawl speculation times? How Isaac being revealed incredibly late into development as an Assist Trophy disappointed a lot of people, despite there being quite a handful of people that wanted the character and were confident he was going to be included.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
hey mates, back after getting around my neighborhood, what's the current topic?

well seeing how I already do that with wolf (and on a minority the other starfox characters)
trust me its kinda fun at times:troll:
I could honestly shove down a certain Megaman duo down everyone's throats, but I won't. ;)

@Saturn and Xenoblaze
This is possible, but Remember that Starfy has mostly been Japan-Only. Less popular in the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom