• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Of Blades

Smash Apprentice
The bottom of Mariana's trench. Come visit!
3DS FC
2123-0105-9733
Right now, Impa and Tetra/Toon Zelda are really the only Zelda characters that have a significant chance. Vaati is unlikely, but still has a bit of a chance (as DLC, but it's something). Most other Zelda characters that are brought up a lot (Girahim, Skull Kid) really have next to no chance whatsoever (even before Skull Kid was deconfirmed). That my stance on Zelda ATM.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I thought Tom Nook would be the one Animal Crossing character reveal, but it had to be the main character Villager. ;-;
Although Megaman was an easy prediction, Wii Fit Trainer easily killed my predictions.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Right now, Impa and Tetra/Toon Zelda are really the only Zelda characters that have a significant chance. Vaati is unlikely, but still has a bit of a chance (as DLC, but it's something). Most other Zelda characters that are brought up a lot (Girahim, Skull Kid) really have next to no chance whatsoever (even before Skull Kid was deconfirmed). That my stance on Zelda ATM.
You, my dear sir have quite a good and realistic stance on Zelda.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I actually was thinking WFT had some chance, but the male one at first. Did not call Megaman, but I called the Villager.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really didn't know much about Wii Fit at all. But it was pretty big I remember. Just didn't play any Mii related game any attention after Wii Sports basically.

Personally would like to see Impa over Sheik or Starfy, and Paper Mario over Bowser Jr, but other than that, nice roster. Especially like your choices in the DKC and Pokémon department. Don't think Ridley is likely anymore though, but I really like the additions of Isaac and Mach Rider.

Master Of Blades

Smash Apprentice
The bottom of Mariana's trench. Come visit!
3DS FC
2123-0105-9733
I WOULD post my roster, but the site "can't match the picture with the selected file" so I guess I can't just take my word that it was like this:

Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Paper Mario
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong
Yoshi: Yoshi
Wario: Wario
Zelda: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Impa, Toon Link
Metroid: Samus/ZSS, Ridley
StarFox: Fox, Wolf, Falco
Kirby: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Mother: Ness, Lucas
Kid Icarus: Pit, Palutena
Fire Emblim: Marth, Ike, Chrom
Pokemon: Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Grovyle
F-Zero: Captain Falcon
Animal Crossing: Villager
MISC: Olimar, Issac, Shulk, Little Mac, WFT, Mii
Retro: Ice Climers, Mr.G&W, R.O.B., Lip
Third Party: Sonic, Snake, Mega Man, Pac-Man
Also a random option

What do you guys think?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Man, Diddy is going to be extremely disappointed when Impa does not show up.
If Diddy is right though, that is much more impressive than predicting Wii Fit Trainer. I admire his conviction and ability to acquire a large cult following for his Impa movement. I think he needs a symbol for his organization.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Just finished my Nope Roster. It believes in the lack of cuts, and a ridiculous character size.

Thoughts? (Note that I switch Impa and Vaati Daily)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If Diddy is right though, that is much more impressive than predicting Wii Fit Trainer. I admire his conviction and ability to acquire a large cult following for his Impa movement. I think he needs a symbol for his organization.
I'd admire it more if it wasn't for the fact that it's always shoved in our faces. I admire Chandelure more since he's so dedicated to Bandana Dee and shows it in a way that isn't trying to force other people unto his bandwagon, even if Bandana Dee isn't as unlikely as Impa I still think it's cool.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Vaati seems to be a bit more likely now than I used to think he was. I still doubt they would throw him in over Toon Zelda, or even Tingle at this point. This is assuming that Zelda will get a newcomer, however.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It would be interessting to see reactions of people to Impa being confirmed as a playable character to say the least.
I'd admire it more if it wasn't for the fact that it's always shoved in our faces. I admire Chandelure more since he's so dedicated to Bandana Dee and shows it in a way that isn't trying to force other people unto his bandwagon, even if Bandana Dee isn't as unlikely as Impa I still think it's cool.
I like Chandelure to. However, he doesn't have the controversiality with Bandana Dee as I have with Impa. And honestly, I still see Impa as more likely than Bandana Dee at this point. Purely cause I'm expecting major changes in Zelda and Ganondorf. And one of these changes in Zelda could easily be her losing her Sheik transformation, which gives room for Impa.

Reason of the face-shoving has a lot to do with earlier heavy opposition of the idea. It was blasted off immediately. 'Oh Impa? NO!' 'Impa? No, Sheik' 'NO SHEIK!? IMPA INSTEAD!?!? ************ I'LL MURDER YOUR FACE!!!1`11 :mad:'

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Vaati seems to be a bit more likely now than I used to think he was. I still doubt they would throw him in over Toon Zelda, or even Tingle at this point. This is assuming that Zelda will get a newcomer, however.
But why do you think that way though? What makes Toon Zelda and Tingle over Vaati in your mind?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
@DiddyKong
Bandana Dee is slightly controversial, I give you that. I'm almost right behind Chandelure as one of Bandana's bigger supporters on Smashboards. On the point of big changes, I think Ganondorf will likely recieve some. Too skeptical about Zelda though. I think Impa would appear as a solo character specifically because Impa and Zelda are different people. I'd love to have Sheik and Impa in one game, without having cuts.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hell, a year and half ago, we didn't even have the SSB4 forums. Most content, to my knowledge, was centered around the user blogs.

I have yet to decide what's worse: pre-SSB4 or pre-Brawl. Pre-Brawl got pretty bad fr what I remember.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Hell, a year and half ago, we didn't even have the SSB4 forums. Most content, to my knowledge, was centered around the user blogs.

I have yet to decide what's worse: pre-SSB4 or pre-Brawl. Pre-Brawl got pretty bad fr what I remember.
I wasn't around during pre-brawl, but from what I've been hearing from others it must've... been quite an experience.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Tingle >= Tetra > Toon Zelda > Impa >= Classic Ganon >= Vaaty.

Bandana is the most likely kirby character, the only controvesity will be him over isaac or something xD

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I WOULD post my roster, but the site "can't match the picture with the selected file" so I guess I can't just take my word that it was like this:

Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Paper Mario
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong
Yoshi: Yoshi
Wario: Wario
Zelda: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Impa, Toon Link
Metroid: Samus/ZSS, Ridley
StarFox: Fox, Wolf, Falco
Kirby: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Mother: Ness, Lucas
Kid Icarus: Pit, Palutena
Fire Emblim: Marth, Ike, Chrom
Pokemon: Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Grovyle
F-Zero: Captain Falcon
Animal Crossing: Villager
MISC: Olimar, Issac, Shulk, Little Mac, WFT, Mii
Retro: Ice Climers, Mr.G&W, R.O.B., Lip
Third Party: Sonic, Snake, Mega Man, Pac-Man
Also a random option

What do you guys think?
I think you're kissing up to Diddy too much.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But why do you think that way though? What makes Toon Zelda and Tingle over Vaati in your mind?
Vaati will probably not even be considered. His biggest roles where in Four Sword Zelda games, which haven't been featured at all and are kind of the Super Mario Land of the Zelda franchise. It's about as niche as Zelda 2 is. Not many people hold it in high regard, and it was never much advertised as the other main games.

He also has nearly no abilities outside of his monster form, besides being a Wind Sage. Given this does give him a lot more viability than say, Sheik ever did...

There's also Ghirahim. Who's a far more fitting second Zelda villain. And that other feminine looking mage dude from ALBW. Vaati has started a sort of 'semi-villain' archetype, and he's yet to make an appearance in a highly advertised Zelda game. He becomes a lot more likely if say, he'd be the main villain of Zelda Wii U. But I doubt he'll ever get to that level.

Toon Zelda is simple, as we have Toon Link. Link + Zelda, Toon Link + Toon Zelda. It's easy logic. Yet boring easy logic. Tetra is cool though, would prefer her alone over Toon Zelda. In fact, I wouldn't mind this scenario either: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Tetra, Impa. Because **** the system.

Tingle has a hate-base. Also, Villager seems to have Balloon Fighter's Up B. I doubt Tingle will be added as another character that basically relies on heavy gimmicks to work. He choose Villager to do this, and Villager is the only one with this sort of playstyle in my opinion. Tingle misses recent, strong appearances to. With his most influential role in a main Zelda game being a ridiculous greedy ******* with insane prices for Triforce Charts. Spin-offs? Yeah ok... Didn't even reach European shores, did terrible in the US... Tingle was even downrightly put out of Twilight Princess cause Nintendo wanted to appeal the game to a Western market. Need more reasons?

I say it's between boring addition of Toon Zelda or Impa. Both can also work I guess if Sheik is scrapped and Toon Zelda has no transformation, or Impa and Tetra are both spiritual replacements of Sheik.

In all actuality, this is what I'm gonna support then: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Tetra, Impa. Awesome cast of characters if I say so myself.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

Back when I had no account and I just perused the forums, I would have to argue for pre-Brawl. One of the reasons I didn't get an account was because it was pretty nasty.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054

We aren't through pre-SSB4 yet, I have a feeling things will get worse closer to release :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom