• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Miis are important Wii history.
Done.
Just because you don't think a character would be interesting doesn't make them any less likely.
I didn't say they weren't interesting, quite the opposite actually. But they really aren't very likely, hence there are a lot of characters in Nintendo games whom are more likely to be included, and would actually blend in.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The priority list Sakurai did back in Brawl, deciding which characters should be done first and last.
Can you please post this priority list in order. Because I don't believe a copy of it has ever been released to the public. Only the assumption that they were low priority because they had no role in SSE. Which means nothing about their priority as a playable character, but rather their priority of significance to a completely different mode of the game. I guess Mewtwo was pretty low priority. He wasn't even in Adventure Mode in Melee.

I understand PilotWings, but the rest were more like side games that you'd buy to play with a family.
Says you. As if that even matters. Wii Fit was more like an exercise app and ROB was more like not even a ****ing game. So what exactly is your point?

Also notice the title Wii in all of them, showing they were along side the console, not independent games.
What does that even mean? How are they not independent games? Was Mario Kart Wii not an independent game? I also don't remember Nintendo Land having the word Wii in it. And they were the star of that game.

You really need to come up with a valid excuse to your Mii bias otherwise you're really just posting a bunch of bull crap.

R.O.B. is important Famicom history.
Like Louie G. said: Miis are important to Wii, Wii U, and 3DS history. They are important to Nintendo and it's future. They're like secondary mascots of the company and it's consoles.

But they really aren't very likely, hence there are a lot of characters in Nintendo games whom are more likely to be included, and would actually blend in.
Until you come up with an actual valid reason why. I say you are wrong.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Trainer, I'm not sure you really understand the impact of Wii Sports on the gaming community.
It is the best selling game of all time.
It revolutionized motion controls.
Those two factors alone make Miis worthy, but there is a lot more.
Wii Sports alone didn't define motion controls, the world is still very much defining them as we speak. And just because Zelda sold so much doesn't mean it put Link in the game. Nor Mario, Donkey Kong, Samus, Fox, Kirby, or anyone else.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Wii Sports sold good on the Wii? Mine CAME with my Wii.
That's why the game sold so well, the Wii sold over 100 million or something around that. But it was bundled from the beginning. They didn't bundle it because it sold well, and people didn't go out and buy it because they wanted to. They had no choice.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Wii Sports sold good on the Wii? Mine CAME with my Wii.
I love to burst your bubble, but that wasn't really you. It was a Mii that looked like you. :shades:

That's why the game sold so well, the Wii sold over 100 million or something around that. But it was bundled from the beginning. They didn't bundle it because it sold well, and people didn't go out and buy it because they wanted to. They had no choice.
Why is this relevant? Are you still desperately trying to come up with reasons why Miis are bad and unimportant? Because you are failing miserably.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
So, if LoZ didn't sell well, Link wouldn't be in Smash?
My point, they put Link in for a reason, not sales.

I love to burst your bubble, but that wasn't really you. It was a Mii that looked like you. :shades:

Why is this relevant? Are you still desperately trying to come up with reasons why Miis are bad and unimportant? Because you are failing miserably.
I never said Mii's were bad or unimportant, I think the opposite. I just think they aren't the most likely.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Here's a secret: That's WHY it sold so well.

No, it would have sold well even if it didn't come with the Wii. Remember the Wii catered to all people, not just gamers. My grandma has the Wii. Wii Fit, Wii Sports, and Just Dance are her jams.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
hey mates, whats the topic? mii?
personally I hate the idea of mii being in the game, someone's going to exploit the customization factor to troll us all, along with that if miis are customizable, that probably means the actual characters will not, and I want a customizable link:sadeyes:
though I can't doubt how likely they are, they certainly have a chance, one that is bigger than a lot of other characters

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I never said Mii's were bad or unimportant, I think the opposite. I just think they aren't the most likely.
TrainerLITTLER, please avoid double posting. If you want to comment on another post, simply go to Edit on the bottom of your previous post and clock on it to edit that post. If you would like to quote a poster, select Reply and copy the quote, and go to the Edit section to edit in the quote to your previous post. Or simply wait until someone posts after you.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
If anything, Miis are more important/deserving to be in over Ice Climbers, regardless if I even want them. They are pretty much the face of the Wii. The fact that their games aren't core doesn't mean anything. So what if they are mindless minigame side games? Look at WarioWare and Wii Fit.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mii's really could just have the face as customizable.

Remember the 3DS might have a feature to make every character have some sort of customization (I think Sakurai mentioned changing the direction of the move).

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As for Mii's being playable, I'm down with it. They are important to Nintendo and would offer for an interesting experience. Mii Parade as an FS would be sick. Though move of stay customization would be horrid and confusing. Just let people customize their appearance.

I'd prefer them as an Assist though, personally.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I just saw the pic of the day. I swear to god it cats aren't an AT I'll end my life. Sakurai, you love cats.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If Mii is in the game, I just do not understand why Villager has a bowling ball. The bowling game of Wii sports was the best.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Remember the 3DS might have a feature to make every character have some sort of customization (I think Sakurai mentioned changing the direction of the move).
Customization for every single character would probably take 45x longer than just giving Miis the true customization.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER

Changing the move direction as in buttons pressed or what?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Judging by from what I missed, we got into an arguement over our logic and reasoning, which, as usual, comes back to newcomers and why everyone else is wrong.

In my thoughts, Mii is slowly getting itself more and more likely. I hate having Miis in, but if it's in, I simply just won't ever use it. There's a lot more evidence that's pointing towards an inclusion somehow, I'm not denying it. Whether they are fully playable or they appear in another way is becoming a bit more likely. There's other characters I'd love to see more than them, but I'm just one guy, and if they have them, I'll suck it up and be fine with it.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
If Mii is in the game, I just do not understand why Villager has a bowling ball. The bowling game of Wii sports was the best.
This is an example of why they may not make it. Villager has a Balloon Fighter UP B, boxing gloves for Little Mac and a bowling ball for Wii Sports. Villager got the Nintendo related moves and is, an a way, already the Mii.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Changing the move direction as in buttons pressed or what?
Here is the translated quote from Sakurai.

“We’re planning for a level of customization to some degree and in some form,” Sakurai acknowledged. “It’s not completely decided at this point. But it’s very important to point out that we do this in a careful way that doesn’t affect the strength and balance of the characters. One thing we’d like to do is to be able to customize the direction of attacks. But not give characters a stronger jump or a stronger or weaker attack. You can consider customizations like that possible.”

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Here is the translated quote from Sakurai.

“We’re planning for a level of customization to some degree and in some form,” Sakurai acknowledged. “It’s not completely decided at this point. But it’s very important to point out that we do this in a careful way that doesn’t affect the strength and balance of the characters. One thing we’d like to do is to be able to customize the direction of attacks. But not give characters a stronger jump or a stronger or weaker attack. You can consider customizations like that possible.”
So you aren't really sure either? Well, I recall him Tweeting a pic of Ken from Street Fighter using moves, and it showed both hit-boxes and diagonal moves. Sakurai said he found it useful in some way.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have no idea why some people are down with Miis.
I'm down with it because they are actually pretty important figures to Nintendo.
Personally I don't really like the Miis, just giving them customization would make them at least interesting.
With the Little-Pac-Mii "leak" in addition, I'm extremely confident we'll get the Miis as playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom