• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The sudden interest in Jumpman is stupid.
Same with the interest in Classic Ganon.
And this is mostly directed towards Blue, but you've got to stop believing every leak you see.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
And this is mostly directed towards Blue, but you've got to stop believing every leak you see.
To be fair, I don't think many people are actually expecting the characters. I think most just think they'd be interesting (it's where I personally stand on Pig Ganon).

Louie G.

Smash Hero
To be fair, I don't think many people are actually expecting the characters. I think most just think they'd be interesting (it's where I personally stand on Pig Ganon).
Me too. But I'm just saying, Blue especially is very quick to show interest in rumors very likely to be false.
I only believe the leaky three LittlePacMiis that one leak from that guy who predicted WFT.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't really expect Jumpman though. :p
He would definitely be a interesting character to have if you look closer.
I don't really believe every rumor out there, except for Little-Pac-Miis.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Me too. But I'm just saying, Blue especially is very quick to show interest in rumors very likely to be false.
I only believe the leaky three LittlePacMiis that one leak from that guy who predicted WFT.
I think he's just trying to spark conversation most of the time.

I could very well be wrong, though.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I've always taken This piece of Logic. "Always assume rumors are false!"

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Jumpman is a horrendous idea. Please don't do it Sakurai. You already have evil Mario. Wario. And you already have Mario. Mario.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054

Well what else are we supposed to talk about? :p

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't really wanna bring them up, cause they are (apparently) sapped subjects now.
Don't get me wrong Blue: You're one of my favorite people here.
You certainly make this thread fun and interesting, whether your expectations are too high regarding some characters or not.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd still like Paper Mario to. Even if he'd only be a semi-clone. Which I don't expect though. Am actually getting worried how many newcomers we're getting this time.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I'd still like Paper Mario to. Even if he'd only be a semi-clone. Which I don't expect though. Am actually getting worried how many newcomers we're getting this time.
Worry? Like, as in too little or too many newcomers?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I would legitimately be disappointed if a character with as much potential as Paper Mario was turned into a semi clone.
It's harder to make him a clone than it is to make him his own character.

PS: I was serious about the moveset discussion.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ten newcomers seems about right. If people weren't so afraid of cuts, maybe we would get more additional characters that have yet to be played in Smash.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
To be fair, after 1531 pages of discussion, it's hard to find new subjects.

How about Fire Emblem :troll: ?

In all seriousness...I have no idea what else to bring up.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Newcomers:
K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Palutena, Chrom, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Takamaru, Mii, Mega Man, Pac-Man

I'm expecting 12. And Mewtwo doesn't even count.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Newcomers:
K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Palutena, Chrom, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Takamaru, Mii, Mega Man, Pac-Man

I'm expecting 12. And Mewtwo doesn't even count.
Do you expect cuts? If so, who?
Make a moveset for yourself.
Not really on topic in the roster prediction discussion thread.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mii seems like a shoe-in to me at this point.

I want King K. Rool the most.

Pac-Man seems like he has 50 percent or above on odds getting in. And I do want him in the game.

Mewtwo would surprise me if he did not return.

If Mii and Pac-Man get in, the rumor of 6 seems like it would be true. Which means Little Mac would be very likely (not that I want him).

Ridley, I gave up on.

Toad, I gave up on.

Dixie seems very, very likely. It makes sense for her to borrow some things from Dixie. She is wanted and a resource saver (economical).

Chrom does not really offer anything in my eyes unless he has the tag-team mechanic with Lucina. (I don't think this is likely).

I would be somewhat perplex if neither Shulk or Dillon got in, when Sakurai was begging the moon for new IP's last time around.

I have no idea about the retro's.

Ganondorf deserves a make-over, at least to the extent that Bowser received.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I do think you may be setting yourself up for disappointment if you're expecting no cuts except Snake...
But I may be wrong. Sakurai might surprise me.
I don't see the NEED for any cuts.
They are likely going to happen anyway.
If it were up to me, I would only keep truly unique characters (or characters that are 2 time vets like Falco or Ganon).
I wouldn't mind losing the likes of Lucas or Wolf, among some others. It would be a little disappointing that we would be getting cuts for sure, but it's something I could get over.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Lucas would be such an easy cut for me.

Wolf would be also relatively simple as a cut, if no one wanted to change his specials.

Lucario would be a maybe. I think he is too popular to be axed.

I would have let Toon Link go, but alas he made it.

Snake, I like as a character, but would not be surprised if he was cut. I would be slightly more surprised if he returned, despite having a very dynamic and interesting moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom