• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I don't think anyone would put this beyond the realm of possibility.
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, ever since Sakurai said, everyone won't just keep saying that. What's so hard about saying "it's not impossible" or something like that?

Oh, err, sorry about that. Hello and welcome to the boards, Liquid! (inb4 being responded with "BROTHER!")

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oy. Why the hostility? Who is being obnoxious? Why does my beard itch so much?!? Find out in the next episode of Smashingball Z!!!

Wait! You have a beard! Also, which one of us is the Goku of "Smashing Ball Z"? And who gets to be the Gohan?

Also
honestly, if any brawl cuts happen (except snake, mainly because the only way he'll be cut is unchangeable) I'll be disappointed,
in brawl we got some of the more or less important characters, and as such I don't want them cut just so we can have time to put in some underwhelming newcomer
Yeah, I just hope that the new characters that are added end up being interesting.

Also, hey new guy.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only guy on here who hasn't blocked anybody...

----
I hadn't blocked anyone, I'm only here to speculate, i don't have much of a problem with anybody on Smashboards really.

Do you guys have possible disappointments (if a character is included or left out)?
If all my wanted characters become deconfirmed as the weeks go on, then yes. ;-;

Morbi

Scavenger
I hadn't blocked anyone, I'm only here to speculate, i don't have much of a problem with anybody on Smashboards really.

If all my wanted characters become deconfirmed as the weeks go on, then yes. ;-;
Same, I do not even see the point of blocking someone. I suppose I have a problem with Saturn, he always seems to argue with me. I didn't actually mind him that much, I still don't, but he seems to not like me very much. In any event, the only reason I am here is to discuss Smash. So it seems counter-intuitive to block a potential debater. Especially one that is so committed to disagreeing with you. :awesome:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, hope you're doing well. Well, today's been a full day of Christmas shopping and other random jazz, so what're we talking abou-

Since Sakurai dropped that hint of Ridley being a hazard awhile back, I only expect him to show up as a boss (again). Same with K. Rool.
Uuuuuuuhhhh...Oh damn, I forgot to finish the road creation of my town in Animal Crossing so...yeeaaahhh...have fun with dat. :p

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Chrom - Marth is the poster boy veteran, both Roy and Ike are outdated. The only ways I can see Chrom being excluded are if Ike and Roy both return or if another Awakening rep is favored (Lucina, Robin)
Word of advice - be cautiously wary of any and all discussions pertaining to the Fire Emblem series, especially if it concerns Chrom. These are typically the most controversial aspects of our general discourse, considering how fiercely acrimonious both camps are towards one another (particularly, Chrom versus Roy supporters/detractors). While I will not persuade you from discussing this topic freely, I will urge discretion.

Fire Emblem topics-at-hand are usually the most bitterly unpleasant on these threads, so do take care. As I said, be cautiously wary when speaking of the series, or at least when speculating character inclusions.

Also, Ike and an Awakening character can easily co-exist just fine.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Same, I do not even see the point of blocking someone. I suppose I have a problem with Saturn, he always seems to argue with me. I didn't actually mind him that much, I still don't, but he seems to not like me very much. In any event, the only reason I am here is to discuss Smash. So it seems counter-intuitive to block a potential debater. Especially one that is so committed to disagreeing with you. :awesome:
It's almost as if you'll be disagreed immediately if it's not one of Saturn's predictions.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Word of advice - be cautiously wary of any and all discussions pertaining to the Fire Emblem series, especially if it concerns Chrom. These are typically the most controversial aspects of our general discourse, considering how fiercely acrimonious both camps are towards one another (particularly, Chrom versus Roy supporters/detractors). While I will not persuade you from discussing this topic freely, I will urge discretion.

Fire Emblem topics-at-hand are usually the most bitterly unpleasant on these threads, so do take care. As I said, be cautiously wary when speaking of the series, or at least when speculating character inclusions.

Also, Ike and an Awakening character can easily co-exist just fine.
I do practice discretion. Because of Awakening, we got stuff like RTC Fire Emblem Week, which turned into Salty Madness. Seriously, why do we have big fights about Fire Emblem? It's worse than newcomers for us. People get really angry about Fire Emblem specifically just because they want "Their Specific Character" or Robin, and frankly, I see it being a completely ridiculous and fruitless arguement when we could be debating about other characters. Yes, it's likely we are getting 3 slots for Fire Emblem, but that doesn't mean we should be blocking each other and going ham because someone's roster doesn't include Robin, Chrom, Roy, or Ike.

On the other hand, I have no problems with 5th Zelda Rep discussion, unless it involves cuts. I'd love to see a character like Impa or Vaati join the ranks of the Zelda Reps. But that's my opinion, I think that's not very likely.

Morbi

Scavenger
I do practice discretion. Because of Awakening, we got stuff like RTC Fire Emblem Week, which turned into Salty Madness. Seriously, why do we have big fights about Fire Emblem? It's worse than newcomers for us. People get really angry about Fire Emblem specifically just because they want "Their Specific Character" or Robin, and frankly, I see it being a completely ridiculous and fruitless arguement when we could be debating about other characters. Yes, it's likely we are getting 3 slots for Fire Emblem, but that doesn't mean we should be blocking each other and going ham because someone's roster doesn't include Robin, Chrom, Roy, or Ike.

On the other hand, I have no problems with 5th Zelda Rep discussion, unless it involves cuts. I'd love to see a character like Impa or Vaati join the ranks of the Zelda Reps. But that's my opinion, I think that's not very likely.
I would personally love to see Toon Zelda or Tingle. It is all I truly want really. I used to hate the idea of Toon Zelda, but Neon kind of convinced me that it wouldn't be so bad.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I do feel newcomers should add something to the game. The games are only made once every five to six years or so.

Ike added an immensely strong sword character which was a nice stark contrast to Marth.

Chrom could add an element such as a Chrom/ Lucina tagteam. A mechanic abandoned in Brawl. Maybe Sakurai wants to try again with this vision. Otherwise, Chrom does not offer enough (to me) to warrant taking a spot.

Morbi

Scavenger
I do feel newcomers should add something to the game. The games are only made once every five to six years or so.

Ike added an immensely strong sword character which was a nice stark contrast to Marth.

Chrom could add an element such as a Chrom/ Lucina tagteam. A mechanic abandoned in Brawl. Maybe Sakurai wants to try again with this vision. Otherwise, Chrom does not offer enough (to me) to warrant taking a spot.
The Chrom-Lucina tag-team notion is one of pure dream to me. I wish it was the case, but I doubt Sakurai will implement such a masterful notion.

When it comes down to it, I really don't care who gets in the game anymore. I like all of the potential candidates. The only one I will adamantly support is Tingle I suppose. I wouldn't really mind any other Zelda representative though. I like them all.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Tingle has the potential to be fun. But I doubt his inclusion. Villager already took his balloons. That is not a death sentence, but I still would be surprised (but possibly delighted) if Tingle made the cut.

A Tingle versus Wario match makes this inclusion worth it.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
The Chrom-Lucina tag-team notion is one of pure dream to me. I wish it was the case, but I doubt Sakurai will implement such a masterful notion.

When it comes down to it, I really don't care who gets in the game anymore. I like all of the potential candidates. The only one I will adamantly support is Tingle I suppose. I wouldn't really mind any other Zelda representative though. I like them all.
I had an idea of how the Chrom-Lucina tag-team could work, it's pretty simple though:
Pressing A will have Chrom attack while pressing B will have Lucina attack, pressing A+B will have the tag-team use their special moves.
I honestly prefer Chrom-Lucina over just Chrom alone, at least it brings something actually new other than another sword character.

I think Tingle has the potential to be fun. But I doubt his inclusion. Villager already took his balloons. That is not a death sentence, but I still would be surprised (but possibly delighted) if Tingle made the cut.

A Tingle versus Wario match makes this inclusion worth it.
Villager deconfirming Tingle, well that's new.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
What if he puffed himself up like a balloon and had a string dangling from his ass for his Up B?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Do you guys have possible disappointments (if a character is included or left out)?
Any Brawl cuts would be disappointing to me, some more than others.

If Mewtwo didn't return, I'd be downright angry. Same goes for Little Mac since there is even a boxing stage in this game. They both seem to be very likely to get in at this point.

I'd be upset if Mii or Dr. Kawashima got in. (though the Mii has a decent chance, and I don't hate the idea of it nearly as much as I do the idea of Kawashima being playable, so I could live with the Mii)

I'd be disappointed if Ridley didn't get in, but I suppose I could live with it. Lastly I'd be seriously upset if we didn't get a DK newcomer at all, but the chance of not getting one is so low that I have no need to be concerned for that possibility.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Pac-Man - Come on, Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, developed by Bandai Namco. Will Sakurai pass this up?It's very possible, yes. Hopefully he does too.

Chrom - Marth is the poster boy veteran, both Roy and Ike are outdated. The only ways I can see Chrom being excluded are if Ike and Roy both return or if another Awakening rep is favored (Lucina, Robin) Ike and Roy are outdated,hmm sounds like another recency argument, hold me back people, Let me at 'em!

Little Mac - Also has retro value, one of Nintendo's unrepresented franchises that had a revival. (just like Kid Icarus)Okay

Mii - Would make for a unique addition, used in plenty other Wii/3DS games, and after WFT I don't think anyone would put this beyond the realm of possibility. No, just no. Please no.

I don't think every veteran will return, like I said it would be strange to me if Roy and Ike are both in. I have very little hope that Pichu or Doc will ever see the light again either. Mewtwo though, along with Lucario, may get their Mega forms included. Of the Brawl cast, I think the least likely to return is ROB.How is ROB the least likely?! Alright, I'll admit, he's as unlikely as Mr.G&W

Since Sakurai dropped that hint of Ridley being a hazard awhile back, I only expect him to show up as a boss (again). Same with K. Rool. Oh, hex no. I also expect the likes of Waluigi and Isaac to be doomed forever as ATs, and Shulk, Custom Robo, maybe even Paper Mario as well. Shulk? Assist Trophy. I shall laugh in your face.

I don't expect Palutena to be playable, but I won't be surprised if she is. Sakurai doesn't like to over-represent his own work, remember? After the addition of MK and Dedede, though, it's hard to say if KI will get another rep. Pretty much my stance on this.
Responces in Red.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'm pretty sure that Sakurai didn't create Palutena or the Kid Icarus franchise so why would people think the fact he worked on Uprising would be a disadvantage towards Palutena.

And even though I would not particularly want Miis in this game, I do expect them.

Also R.O.B, a character who is incredibly important to Nintendo history getting cut? Yeah right.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Pre-Brawl there was a sizable amount of people that thought G&W would be cut.
Sakurai likes his out-there choices. I am sure R.O.B will stay. Get rid of that side B though.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm only going to include disappointing inclusions if they have half a hope in hell of getting in(so take it as a backwards compliment to the fans of the below):

Chrom being added would be disappointing to me, especially if he replaces Ike for no reason at all.
Sometimes it's hard enough as it is to discern Marth and Ike apart on Brawl in the thick of action with items flying everywhere, I honestly think Chrom being a cross between the two will only further confusion. Also I think Robin's a more interesting Awakening rep and Roy's blade is a little more interesting than two Falchions if we're looking specifically for someone between Marth and Ike.

Lucina is an even worse choice than Chrom IMO. Having two 'Marths' seems like something Sakurai might do though.

I'm also anti Takamaru. Just because Pit got a new game doesn't mean Takamaru will which seems to be the main reason people are clamouring for the dude. Also I don't think a Samurai is necessarily as unique a choice as everyone says he is.

Maybe I just hate blue haired swordsmen in general.

Except Ike. Ike's cool.
Although I merely tolerate Marth.

Disappointing exclusions:
Pac-Man's denial would be disappointing I guess, especially after Namco worked hard on this game and considering Pac is actually worthy of legendary status being the first commercially successful video game character.

No new Mario newcomer would be pretty disappointing to me too, even if it's one I'm not partial to.

No new DK newcomer would be jaw-droppingly confusing at this point.

Everything else I'm fine with. Helps a lot of my wants are just a little less than 50% likely.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Responces in Red.
Careful ScatsmanWorld, the person writing this just joined today, we don't want to rush him out, let him stay on the boards a while and learn the other members way of speculation.

Things I would be disapointed if not included: Ike, Things I would be disapointed if included Chrom. Like my usual quote "if Chrom replaces Ike, Nintendo better Prepare themselves, Cause They'll get No Sympathy From Me" :awesome:
You think we'll see another newcomer like R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch?
Isn't Wii Fit Trainer that?

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I would only be disappointed if there is a clone character that should NOT have been a clone. For example, if Dixie was included, it makes sense that she would at least be a semi clone of Diddy, given that they have a similar body type (same monkey type) and the monkey moves would carry over well. It would frustrate me immensely if someone like, say, K Rool just adopted Bowsers old moves or if Robin was a Zelda clone. I'm pretty confident that these wont happen tho, they aren't similar enough to warrant.

But this is Sakurai, and we have Ganondorf as a Falcon clone. Didn't see that coming.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wii Fit might be considered a historical aspect. She represents Wii Fit which is an accessory.

Or maybe Sakurai was just going for shock value with G&W and R.O.B and the historical part was a coincidence.

In any case, I think Wii Fit may be the shock character that was revealed soon in order to avoid disappointment. People were disappointed with G&W and R.O.B because they were one of the last characters of their Smash game to be announced. In many people's mind, G&W and R.O.B were the ones that replaced popular, neglected choices like Ridley.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Will we have another R.O.B. or Mr. G&W? Probably. Who should it be?

You know you want it. Or maybe...
No pictures of 3DS Camera Parrot? Aw...

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Fixed it. You know who would be an interesting third party?

Edward Richtofen, COD Zombies. Now, before the **** storm, I have a moveset:
B: Ray Gun Shoots a few glowing, green balls from the infamous gun. Does 2% on contact per hit.
Side B: Wunderwaffe DG-2 Shoots an electric chain from the Wonderwaffle, causing small amounts of damage that can be chained to other fighters or items.
Up B: Paralyzer Shoots it down, pushing himself upward with the air. No damage.
Down B: Thundergun Shoots a wave of compressed air at the opponent, pushing them back and damaging them.

Begin the COD grumbling, folks.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Fixed it. You know who would be an interesting third party?

Edward Richtofen, COD Zombies. Now, before the **** storm, I have a moveset:
B: Ray Gun Shoots a few glowing, green balls from the infamous gun. Does 2% on contact per hit.
Side B: Wunderwaffe DG-2 Shoots an electric chain from the Wonderwaffle, causing small amounts of damage that can be chained to other fighters or items.
Up B: Paralyzer Shoots it down, pushing himself upward with the air. No damage.
Down B: Thundergun Shoots a wave of compressed air at the opponent, pushing them back and damaging them.

Begin the COD grumbling, folks.
Nah it should be Nikolai Belinski, we need more Russians in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom