• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yeah... Pretty much.... So.... what character do you guys think would be revealed next? :T
Meowth. As a pokeball Pokemon.
Bowser Jr. As an Assist Trophy.
Zelda for veteran.

Here, have a topic.

Suppose there are only 4 more newcomers (doesn't include Mewtwo, Roy, Doc or Pichu). Who do you think they should be?
Two of the following: K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac, Takamaru
Pac-Man
Mii.

Actually that's who I think it'll be. Who I think it should be is a total different kettle of fish:

Toad: Personal bias, but Toad is hugely recognizable and of recent has had loads of game appearances, and frankly would finish Mario's Big 8 off. Also Mario newcomer basically prints money and Toad is arguably the next most important one. Pity about the whole Peach B move thing.
Meowth: One of the most famous Pokemon ever, yes popularity is from the anime, but the closest to a true antagonist Pokemon actually has(Mewtwo isn't really a villain). Like Mario, Pokemon's a big seller so including a Pokemon newcomer is never a bad idea.
Duck Hunt Dog/Lip for Retro: One's the most recognizable Nintendo retro character ever, the other is a very deserving retro representative.
Either K. Rool, Ridley or Dixie. All three are iconic Nintendo characters. All three deserve to be in.

Does Tails have a shot or is Sonic the only representation?
None at all. I'd be fine with him as the Sonic AT this time round though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here, have a topic.

Suppose there are only 4 more newcomers (doesn't include Mewtwo, Roy, Doc or Pichu). Who do you think they should be?

Ridley, K.Rool, Little Mac, and uh, Palutena I guess. I want to say Isaac, but he's not all that likely.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Mii or Classic Ganon, or just someone like Ice Climbers and King Dedede

What makes you think they'll get rid of human Ganondorf? I'm not talking of which you prefer, but do you really think it's likely?

I want to say the Ice Climbers or Zelda. But King Dedede isn't that bad of a choice either. Then again, we could randomly get Yoshi or the Pokemon Trainer.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
4 Newcomers?
K. Rool, Little Mac, Ridley, and Palutena.
Actually, if those are the only 4 newcomers remaining, I would be perfectly happy.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What makes you think they'll get rid of human Ganondorf? I'm not talking of which you prefer, but do you really think it's likely?

I want to say the Ice Climbers or Zelda. But King Dedede isn't that bad of a choice either. Then again, we could randomly get Yoshi or the Pokemon Trainer.
I'm not too sure, but at a hypothetical situation, Sakurai would be looking for something to refresh the Zelda cast, perhaps the trident and his moveset potential (along with his additional importance to the Zelda series) he could remove Ganondorf (still being a semi-clone of Falcon) for an original moveset with Ganon. Not that likely though, I personally want it to be a transformation for Ganondorf.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm not too sure, but at a hypothetical situation, Sakurai would be looking for something to refresh the Zelda cast, perhaps the trident and his moveset potential (along with his additional importance to the Zelda series) he could remove Ganondorf (still being a semi-clone of Falcon) for an original moveset with Ganon. Not that likely though, I personally want it to be a transformation for Ganondorf.

Hmmm. I still prefer beast Ganon being used for his Final Smash. I just want him to be further de-cloned. He doesn't need a weapon to do so either, but I wouldn't complain if he did use one. Keep all of the unique attacks from Brawl and give him the Tennis Ball of Doom. Make him all around better too, namely in the speed department.

I'd like to think that most people would be happy if that happened.

Morbi

Scavenger
4 Newcomers?
K. Rool, Little Mac, Ridley, and Palutena.
Actually, if those are the only 4 newcomers remaining, I would be perfectly happy.
I think pretty much everyone would be. I mean... there would be some disappointment at no Mewtwo, but we have all experienced that despondence before.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think it would be neat if Ganondorf was given the "tennis ball of doom," if two can shot after a few milliseconds, it could really help Ganondorf become actually annoying.
Also he needs a move that freezes the opponent so I can finally use Neutral-B properly.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ganondorf over Ganon. Really only his specials need adjusting. Primarily his Up B and B.

And if you want to change the Toward and Down Smash, go ahead.

Bowser received a new run, stance, new dodges, new Toward Smash, new dash attack, and what looks like a new neutral air.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
You guys read into Sakurai too much. Let him get stuff done, and we'll worry about it later. :)

My four newcomers would be Ridley, Little Mac, King K. Rool and Shulk. Feel like those four are in anyway.

Should I un-block Saturn?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Did Sakurai actually state such at any point in time?
I wonder if people go around taking reasonably confident statements and pointing out they aren't factually true or confirmed regardless that everyone is aware of it, just to be annoying. Everyone knows Sakurai never said that. I don't need to put disclaimers on the end of all of my comments saying "Note: Sakurai never actually said that, I'm just being logical." You pointing this out only wastes both of our time and serves to annoy me.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Here, have a topic.

Ridley
King K. Rool
Little Mac/Palutena
Pac Man

Ridley and King K. Rool because they're iconic villains that are very popular, Little Mac or Palutena due to the former being a popular choice in an unrepresented series (character-wise) while the latter's a popular character in a series that could get another character representation, and finally Pac Man to round out the third party characters.

Morbi

Scavenger
I wonder if people go around taking reasonably confident statements and pointing out they aren't factually true or confirmed regardless that everyone is aware of it, just to be annoying. Everyone knows Sakurai never said that. I don't need to put disclaimers on the end of all of my comments saying "Note: Sakurai never actually said that, I'm just being logical." You pointing this out only wastes both of our time and serves to annoy me.
It isn't logical (it is merely an assumption based on logical reasoning), we have no precedent to possibly entail that such a statement wouldn't actualize. Realistically speaking, Tails might be more likely than introducing another 3rd party company. It is just an opinion, just as I have my own opinion. I was actually curious by the way, I didn't know whether or not he stated anything in regards to how he treats a second 3rd party character from any given franchise. Pacman might be next in line, after that, I honestly think a second Sonic character has a good chance for Smash X.

My problem was that you stated it objectively.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If someone says that Worthless Protoplasm isn't getting in, I'm gonna constantly argue that there was no statement against that character and that they can't factually prove it won't happen. Just to be annoying.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I have already given up on Ridley (which allows Ridley to be a great suprise if he is included).

My biggest disappointment would be King K. Rool not being included. Pac-Man might be the only other character that would also be a disappointment if not represented.

I am very open minded to most other newcomers. Chrom would be the biggest disappointment if included. Little Mac is a distant second (but I think he has a fair shot of being included).

Do you guys have possible disappointments (if a character is included or left out)?

Morbi

Scavenger
If someone says that Worthless Protoplasm isn't getting in, I'm gonna constantly argue that there was no statement against that character and that they can't factually prove it won't happen. Just to be annoying.
I truly believe that come Smash X, that Sonic will have been a major 3rd party character in Smash. This might entail a second representative based on the notion that he might be a mainstay for Smash. There is no precedent that dictates that Sakurai wouldn't be willing to do it. I already stated that I do not think that Tails is likely in Smash 4, I am referring to the future. I just wanted to see if he actually said anything that contradicts my position.

Again, this is why I never state my opinions objectively. If you find it annoying, phrase your opinions properly.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It isn't logical (it is merely an assumption based on logical reasoning), we have no precedent to possibly entail that such a statement wouldn't actualize.
And yet you somehow find it necessary to point this out. It's about as necessary as me saying "Hey, just a reminder! Sakurai never said Goomba can't get in!"

My problem was that you stated it objectively.
That's your problem. Not mine. I don't mean to sound cranky (lol cranky), but that's just something that really annoys me. People are going to state objectively that things which have half a percent chance of happening won't happen. It's not something that needs to be argued.

If you find it annoying, phrase your opinions properly.
I won't because I shouldn't have to make accommodations just to please you and G0ldenL0tus.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Do you guys have possible disappointments (if a character is included or left out)?
Eh, I've pretty much accepted that most of the characters I like more (Such as Layton, Lip, Zoroark, Lyndis, Anna etc) are probably more than likely not getting in and that the ones I'm not interested in such as Chrom and Pac-Man (no offense for those who do like them, I'd still be happy for ya) will more than likely make it in.

Eh, I've got Toon Link and Villager (and most likely Mewtwo) I guess so I'm content I suppose... :T

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Except common sense plays a factor. Unlikely =\= impossible.

So while Tails is very very very unlikely, it is nowhere near impossible.

Worthless Protoplasm is totally different in that there are a handful of differences between it an Tails. There are no requests, no recent appearances, etc...

Overall bad comparison. But that's just my opinion on that.

Morbi

Scavenger
I have already given up on Ridley (which allows Ridley to be a great suprise if he is included).

My biggest disappointment would be King K. Rool not being included. Pac-Man might be the only other character that would also be a disappointment if not represented.

I am very open minded to most other newcomers. Chrom would be the biggest disappointment if included. Little Mac is a distant second (but I think he has a fair shot of being included).

When I joined Smashboards, I wanted three things.
1. SS Zelda (a costume would suffice).
2. Mewtwo's Return (not the movie).
3. Lucina to be represented in some way (playable character, partner to Chrom, assist trophy, background element, costume for Marth, it never mattered to me).

However, once I started speculating, I realized that one and three might not be as plausible. I found new characters that I enjoy, ones that happen to actually have merit for inclusion (although they are unlikely in their own right).
1. Tingle
2. Waddle Dee (Bandanna)
3. Meowth

These are three very worthy characters that don't have many things going against them aside from the progression of the Smash games per se. Meowth is obviously one of the most deserving Pokemon being the main antagonist of the popular anime and the spiritual rival of Pikachu (inverted Pokedex numbers alluding to cat and mouse). Waddle Dee is the next most important Kirby character, Kirby is one of the more successful Nintendo franchises and Sakurai is the creator. However, Sakurai tends to be a modest man (to an extent) and that attenuates Waddle Dee's likelihood. He is probably the most unique as he wields the fabled spear. Tingle is hands down the most likely Zelda candidate if we disregard Sakurai's intent to include Toon Zelda. He has his own series, he is a prevalent character, he has popularity in the East and notoriety in the West (very popular/not popular which yields exposure). He also has Smash relevance as a background element and an assist trophy.

Would I be disappointed if they didn't make it in? Not really, they aren't too likely despite having almost everything going for them. I would shed a tear if not one of them made it though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Depends on who is added in their place. I can say that I would be dissapointed that certain characters would not get to be playable again, but not so much so that I wouldn't play Smash 4 at all.

My most wanted character is already in, Megaman looks like he'll be alot of fun to use.

I just want some cool characters. We got that in both Megaman and the Villager anyhow, so as long as that's kept up, I will be happy with the roster. But to be specific, I'd dissapointed that both Ridley and King K. Rool would miss another game, I feel like those characters have more than made their worth to be added to Smash.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Here's my 48 Roster with a slight change. Yeah, I don't have Issac over Starfy, but overall Starfy's had more games an acknowledgement from Sakurai and he's pretty popular as well. I kept Palutena because of Sakurai giving her so much spotlight in Brawl combined with her other obvious reasons to be in. Yeah, no Issac. Wars Unit and Starfy instead, deal with it.
Full Roster 6.9..png

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'll be dissapointed if Ridley isn't in. Again.

The only character that'd dissapoint me if in is Chrom, and that's only if he takes Ike's spot, wouldn't mind otherwise. There are other characters I don't like myself, but I know that there are fans of those characters too, so I'll be happy for their fanbases if anything. The only newcomers I really want and hope for are Ridley and K. Rool anyways, so might aswell put that spare support into supporting characters for other people's sake.

Morbi

Scavenger
And yet you somehow find it necessary to point this out. It's about as necessary as me saying "Hey, just a reminder! Sakurai never said Goomba can't get in!"

That's your problem. Not mine. I don't mean to sound cranky (lol cranky), but that's just something that really annoys me. People are going to state objectively that things which have half a percent chance of happening won't happen. It's not something that needs to be argued.

I won't because I shouldn't have to make accommodations just to please you and G0ldenL0tus.
My point is that I think it is very likely that Sonic is now a mainstay that will return in Smash X. If he is indeed a mainstay, obtaining the license for Tails would be simple and practical over some obscure 3rd party character that no one cares about. Again, Scolosis (Booker) already explained why that example is somewhat poor.

I stated that it was my problem.

Prepare to get annoyed, I will continue to call out your fallacious methodology as long as you continue to spout your opinions objectively. I genuinely believe that Tails has a chance for Smash X, so I disagree with your proclamation (Obviously I wont disagree with menial characters like Protoplasm, but Tails is most likely next in line after Pacman). When I disagree with something, I make it overt and explain why I disagree with the notion. This is fairly common in an internet community such as this.

Morbi

Scavenger
Is this seriously still going?
It will most likely go on as long as you continue to address the issue. If you so desire for the conversation to cease, do not acknowledge its existence.

My point is that Tails is an under-rated 3rd party character for Smash X. To clarify, this means the Smash after Smash 4. The notion is more apparent when you consider that Sonic will most likely be returning for Smash X. Megaman is undetermined at this point.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

I'd be disappointed if any SF characters were left out. And if an obscure character is in like the Dr. i'd be disappointed. Or if chrom replaced ike. Or if shulk, takamaru, or palutena were left out krystal. I'd still buy the game though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oy. Why the hostility? Who is being obnoxious? Why does my beard itch so much?!? Find out in the next episode of Smashingball Z!!!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
honestly, if any brawl cuts happen (except snake, mainly because the only way he'll be cut is unchangeable) I'll be disappointed,
in brawl we got some of the more or less important characters, and as such I don't want them cut just so we can have time to put in some underwhelming newcomer

liquidstate

Smash Rookie
Pac-Man - Come on, Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, developed by Bandai Namco. Will Sakurai pass this up?

Chrom - Marth is the poster boy veteran, both Roy and Ike are outdated. The only ways I can see Chrom being excluded are if Ike and Roy both return or if another Awakening rep is favored (Lucina, Robin)

Little Mac - Also has retro value, one of Nintendo's unrepresented franchises that had a revival. (just like Kid Icarus)

Mii - Would make for a unique addition, used in plenty other Wii/3DS games, and after WFT I don't think anyone would put this beyond the realm of possibility.

I don't think every veteran will return, like I said it would be strange to me if Roy and Ike are both in. I have very little hope that Pichu or Doc will ever see the light again either. Mewtwo though, along with Lucario, may get their Mega forms included. Of the Brawl cast, I think the least likely to return is ROB.

Since Sakurai dropped that hint of Ridley being a hazard awhile back, I only expect him to show up as a boss (again). Same with K. Rool. I also expect the likes of Waluigi and Isaac to be doomed forever as ATs, and Shulk, Custom Robo, maybe even Paper Mario as well.

I don't expect Palutena to be playable, but I won't be surprised if she is. Sakurai doesn't like to over-represent his own work, remember? After the addition of MK and Dedede, though, it's hard to say if KI will get another rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom