• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is Nintendog we're talking about. Just because the AT doesn't look the same as in Brawl doesn't mean his chances are any more than slim to none.

that's just too dam much dogs, I'm pretty sure there would be a limit if there is already a stage and a assist trophy, he's not getting to playable status now mate, if he does, Nintendo really is in love with dogs, and all of our predictions are crap (except blue pikmins)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
You can never have too many dogs!

...except as playable characters, in which case one is too many.
Aren't wolves classed as part of the canis family?

Wolf deconfirmed. Sorry lonekonwolf.

Also possibly Lucario. He's vaguely canine.

(Foxes however are not canines, but part of the Vulpes family. Or at least 12 species are. McCloud safe)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Poor BluePikmin, he worked so hard to nominate Nintendog on RTC, only to have Sakurai crashing down on him. But we all knew he wasn't getting in, right? :p

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Aren't wolves classed as part of the canis family?

Wolf deconfirmed. Sorry lonekonwolf.

Also possibly Lucario. He's vaguely canine.

(Foxes however are not canines, but part of the Vulpes family. Or at least 12 species are. McCloud safe)
untitled.png

(by the way, yes wolfs are genetically part of the canine family, and are the closest relative to dogs)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
At least Sable isn't a floating head.

I'd rather have Sable than a lot of other characters to be honest, depending on what's done with the transformation mechanics.

?????????????

Smash Master
So the caption reads:
Pic of the Day. The breed of the Nintendogs Assist Trophy has changed to a French Bulldog. It looks so real! Tell me that doesn't bring a smile to your face.

Why did they change the breed?
NINTENDOG CONFIRMED.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wonder if we will get another Assist Trophy next Friday... we got Skull Kid last Friday... crap... the fact I predicted an Assist Trophy reveal next Friday now caused Sakurai to reveal nothing next Friday just to maintain his reputation of being unpredictable. :troll:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
if Nintendo dog does end up a playable character, an assist trophy, and a stage. . . .
I honestly would like it, its probably because I'm a dog/wolf person though:awesome:
I wonder if we will get another Assist Trophy next Friday... we got Skull Kid last Friday... crap... the fact I predicted an Assist Trophy reveal next Friday now caused Sakurai to reveal nothing next Friday just to maintain his reputation of being unpredictable. :troll:
or he'll just reveal something on another day of the week, you never know . . .
Edit:also I just now realized something, do you think all this dog focus points to a playable dog, and seeing as how Nintendo dog isn't likely to be it, do you guys think another dog could be playable that's not a Nintendo dog?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
also I just now realized something, do you think all this dog focus points to a playable dog, and seeing as how Nintendo dog isn't likely to be it, do you guys think another dog could be playable that's not a Nintendo dog?

Aside from Duck Hunt Dog are there even many Nintendo based dogs? Boney is the only other one I can think of right now...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
General Pepper from Star Fox... it would be funny if we did get Duck Hunt Dog as a playable character and his Red Team color gives him General Pepper's hat... as a joke about that fake name Mr. Peepers. :laugh:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh goody, Nintendog was the first revealed assist trophy for Brawl and now it's also the first revealed returning assist trophy for this game.... Neat I guess...

Knowing Sakurai, there is definitely a newcomer we haven't seen yet behind that Nintendog. :troll:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I don't think Nintendo is stupid enough to put Nintendog in smashb
Imagine what PETA will do.

A game with a man punching an innocent dog with a falcon that's on fire tied to his hand.

And quadrupeds don't seem like they will works
And don't say ivysaur because he used his vines on his back somewhat like hands.

And by the looks of it, we might get an assist trophy reveal every Friday.
Id say it's garunteed if it happens next Friday.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
And the second Disconfirmation via AT. RIP, Nintendog, 98% of us thought you weren't in anyways.

AT fridays seem like a thing, it could happen. This is a good as a character reveal to me, because we get to see who WON'T be playable.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Eh, how about we just wait for at least a few more Fridays before we declare an "Assist Trophy Friday" shall we?

Even though that still won't necessarily mean that we will see a new assist trophy every Friday since this is Sakurai we are talking about... :T

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Just anticipating more returning Assist Trophies, and something tells me at least one of them is going to lead to a large amount disappointment.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Oh please.

All this means is Blue will campaign harder for his number 1 and number 2 biggest wants. Nintendog was third on his list. Prince Sable and Dr. Kawashima, hooooo!
Meh, I haven't seen the stance on Kawashima yet. I'm waiting pretty patiently.
You guys are seriously harsh to Prince Sable, he has to face the cruelty while Lip and Takamaru don't.

inb4 the support moves to Nintencat.
Nah that doesn't feel realistic at all. :awesome:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I never really understood what some people have against Prince Sable either, I mean I understand why people throw a hissy fit against Nintendog and Kawashima, but why Sable? :/

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yeah I never really understood some peoples hate against Prince Sable either, I mean I understand why people throw a hissy fit against Nintendog and Kawashima but why Sable? :/
Maybe due to a lot of us believing there's only one space per roster for a newcomer retro, and with over half the board backing Takamaru, and nearly all the rest supporting Lip or Mach Rider there's not much room for Prince Sable...or Prince of Sables. Which is it?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Maybe due to a lot of us believing there's only one space per roster for a newcomer retro, and with over half the board backing Takamaru, and nearly all the rest supporting Lip or Mach Rider there's not much room for Prince Sable...or Prince of Sables. Which is it?
Oh that, well yeah in terms of "retro characters" he does seem to have quite the competition against the likes of Takamaru and Lip etc. Though I certainly wouldn't mind him join the fray one day as well.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah people back up Muddy Mole, but Sable receives harsh treatment because his game is not released globally. :ohwell:
I simply don't understand.
Most people call him Prince Sable.

Expect SaturnGamer64 to rant on me hard later about Nintendog being an AT. :awesome:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
So Nintendog is back, as an AT (thank you)

I dont think the breed really matters, theres not going to be a playable golden retriever methinks. Sakurai probably changed the breed (at least for the wii u version) to flex the muscles of the console. In other words, this breed allows for a more realistic looking dog and helps compliment the graphical capabilities.

The 3DS version will probably keep the golden retriever.

@bluepikmin11
I wouldnt worry about Saturn, people tend to gloat and take things too far when theyre correct. He will most likely say that he was right and that Nintendog stood no chance, when in reality Nintendog had a small chance of being playable :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So Iggy from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is an assist trophy? Cool I guess. But seriously, I bet a character that we haven't seen yet is behind that dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom