• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
5th Zelda character right? Might as well pick a character that's actually important to the series all around.
In a way, I think Vaati is actually more important to the series than Impa. At least if we add his role to him being recurring. I think a major villain role with 3 appearances is more important than a minor role with 4 appearances. 3 if you don't count the newly released Zelda game which should have no influence in her inclusion. And I count both Oracles as one game.

Impa is easily the best choice all around for a new Zelda character.
Sheik 2, but separate. If we already have Sheik (which we do), then why another? It's not like Impa is nearly as important as you make her out to be for it to justify a second Sheik, but without Zelda. She's basically Zelda's hardly popular and not that recurring butler. So she fits best as an Assist Trophy if you ask me. She doesn't even have ANYTHING different from Sheik. She'd basically be Dr. Sheik, but without the shred of uniqueness and potential uniqueness.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
While recency by no means contribute to a character's inclusion; popularity and importance do. King K. Rool is at the point where he is at his peak of popularity and at the point where he is still the most important Donkey Kong character not playable yet. Both of these things are what makes him such a strong contender. If King K. Rool fails to show up for this game, he will drop in both popularity and importance as the generation anticipating Smash 6 or later will likely not be familiar with King K. Rool and as such won't care about him. Cranky Kong will also continue to play important roles and as such, will become a legitimate contender for SSB6. That being said, I find King K. Rool to be very likely and I expect him to show up as playable anyway (along with Dixie). And if King K. Rool does play an important role in DKCR3 even if he did fail to show up in SSB 3DS & Wii U, then that would make him a shoe-in for SSB6 as his popularity and importance would be restored and he would be in his own league.
I disagree with the bolded, because it implies that an entire new generation will appear in the five or so years between this game's release and the next game's announcement, entering the fanbase and entirely reshaping what it wants. Considering how many people came back from pre-Melee and pre-Brawl to support the same newcomers for this game, that'll probably remain consistent.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So this is my "Getco Plan Roster" if I had to have a fifth Zelda character which Ariand suggested might be a good idea.
Full Roster 7.2..png

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I disagree with the bolded, because it implies that an entire new generation will appear in the five or so years between this game's release and the next game's announcement, entering the fanbase and entirely reshaping what it wants. Considering how many people came back from pre-Melee and pre-Brawl to support the same newcomers for this game, that'll probably remain consistent.
I just want the King to return, and im not talking Dedede. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And that's where you are wrong. First of all, Impa has actual abilities, Sheik doesn't. She can cast strong barriers, do magic attacks, throw Deku Nuts, and canoncally she even cleared a few dungeons, even before Link did (in fact, she even mocks Link about this). Far more than 'Dr.Sheik' you seem to imply. If anything, she could play as a 'mix' of Zelda and Sheik's styles, provided she doesn't replace Sheik outrightly. Don't forget that Zelda was tutored to be a Sheikah by Impa. So if Sheik had any actual moves, she learned them from Impa.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Just prefer Paper Mario if it's gonna be Mario With A Hammer.
But Jumpman is probably alot better suited the hammer than Paper Mario if I had to be honest.

What's with the sudden interest in Jumpman?
To be honest I thought Jumpman had no potential, but once I realized the big importance and popularity of the original Donkey Kong arcade game, it clicked to me that he could be the next WTF character equal to R.O.B. and G&W.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So this is my "Getco Plan Roster" if I had to have a fifth Zelda character which Ariand suggested might be a good idea.
I've said this before, but do you have Dr. Mario on there, but not Pichu or Young Link?
Is it because Dr. Mario was in the Brawl files, but not Pichu? (and I assume Young Link would've been redundant with Toon Link)?

Dr. Mario is like, the cloniest of the clones. He's literally Mario in a different outfit as opposed to the others which are at least younger/pre-evolved versions.

----

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
See, I don't necessarily understand the addition of a lot of these characters over K. Rool.
You may want to consider the King of Krocs.
did you understand the addition of Wolf and Roy over King K. Rool in Brawl?

I've said this before, but do you have Dr. Mario on there, but not Pichu or Young Link?
What kind of question is that? Dr. Mario was planned to return, Young Link and Pichu weren't. Why would I predict two characters intentionally removed from Smash forever?

Dr. Mario is like, the cloniest of the clones.
So?

He's literally Mario in a different outfit
With Pills, Doctor Tornado (which would be unique assuming Luigi gets Poltergust), a unique final smash, different physics, and other potential abilities. And even when Sakurai plans characters from the start, he has to acknowledge his time limit and take advantage of the benefit of characters that take less time to develop.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
*comes in*
*sees Dr. Mario and "uniqueness" discussion, and SaturnGamer64 ranting on and on about Impa or soemthing*
*turns around*
*walks out door*
*goes miles away from here*

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
And that's where you are wrong. First of all, Impa has actual abilities, Sheik doesn't. She can cast strong barriers, do magic attacks, throw Deku Nuts.
Sheik has magic attacks too. Also I recall Toon Link having many of his own items and Ganondorf having his own abilities, the reason he didn't get it is because he is clone material. Usually when a character is clone material, they become a clone. Impa is a perfect example of someone Sakurai would clearly make a clone of Sheik regardless of her obscure cut scene abilities. Having your own abilities does not at all mean you will get them. So your point is invalid.

Don't forget that Zelda was tutored to be a Sheikah by Impa
All the more reason we don't need Impa and why she'd be a clone of Sheik.

So if Sheik had any actual moves, she learned them from Impa.
Once again, you just proved my point as to why Impa would have the same moves as Sheik.

But I do have to ask, why Dr.Mario?
Takes less time than Paper Mario and returns all veterans. Why not?

Oh God, Dr.Mario is deemed 'unique' now? I should go guys.
This is coming from the person trying to deem Impa unique. Epic fail! :laugh:

Um, Saturn...
I never said those things about Dr. Mario.
That was Treeko.
Sorry, typo. And no I'm not going back to edit it. You'll just have to live with people thinking you said something you never said just like me. :p

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
With Pills, Doctor Tornado (which would be unique assuming Luigi gets Poltergust), a unique final smash, different physics, and other potential abilities. And even when Sakurai plans characters from the start, he has to acknowledge his time limit and take advantage of the benefit of characters that take less time to develop.

If Dr. Mario is extremely similar to Mario, then I would expect him to be an alt. costume. If he's not, then he'll be a seperate character. I guess you're saying he won't be clone?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
*comes in*
*sees Dr. Mario and "uniqueness" discussion, and SaturnGamer64 ranting on and on about Impa or soemthing*
Here, let me get your coat for you. I'll walk you out. I'm so sorry you had to witness that simple disagreement about Impa before you ironically turned around and ranted on Dr. Mario. Let me get you some Hot cocoa!

If Dr. Mario is extremely similar to Mario, then I would expect him to be an alt. costume. If he's not, then he'll be a seperate character. I guess you're saying he won't be clone?
I didn't say he wouldn't be clone. He'd be semi-clone. That's not very hard to believe given he'd have the Tornado unlike Luigi supposedly, his own Final Smash, and his abilities he shares with Mario will likely be altered to function differently.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
*comes in*
*sees Dr. Mario and "uniqueness" discussion, and SaturnGamer64 ranting on and on about Impa or something*
*turns around*
*walks out door*
*goes miles away from here*

I think this plan might be better.

My Two Cents: Pills is a clone, that is all. Better off as an alt. I don't want multiples of one character ( :toonlink: Evades this Rule).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is a full clone, Dr.Mario a semi-clone.

I have no place in a society like this.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Here, let me get your coat for you. I'll walk you out. I'm so sorry you had to witness that simple disagreement about Impa before you ironically turned around and ranted on Dr. Mario. Let me get you some Hot cocoa!

I didn't say he wouldn't be clone. He'd be semi-clone. That's not very hard to believe given he'd have the Tornado unlike Luigi supposedly, his own Final Smash, and his abilities he shares with Mario will likely be altered to function differently.
I'm not saying Dr. Mario can't be unique, I'm saying that when ever people here are talking "uniqueness", or Dr. Mario, it's not safe.

I also made you a present.
image.jpg

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I think I will be the Cranky of this community but back in my day my first game believe it or not was this:

I was 4 year old or maybe even less and was 1990 when my Grand Uncle (he had 61 at that time, very old to be a person that like video games but hey I always though that he was young at heart) decide to play some Mario Bros after spending the afternoon with him seeing him play the game I told him to finish it again, after that I fell in love for video games, every time I visit his house he always played Mario and gave me the second controller so I was thinking I was the one playing it (when in reality he always was the one to played it), obviously when he was not there my uncles and my aunts connect the NES and give me the first controller, it was strange because I always thought that I was good with it but fail miserable even to pass the first level and only when my Grand Uncle played it with me I improve to even pass and finish the game, now that I'm older those memories are my favorites.

Sorry for the long story, I hope no one did get bored reading all that XD.

.n_n.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Impa is a full clone, Dr.Mario a semi-clone.

I have no place in a society like this.
Pills (My new nickname for Doctor Mario) has been Stated as a clone character, being "Based off of Mario's Moveset" and Impa can't be a clone if she hasn't even been playable!

D

Deleted member

First I was going to start trolling with Jumpman since he was brought up.

Then I saw Impa and anti-Dr. Mario ****.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
hey guys I was gone for an hour what I miss?
"looks to see dr. Mario discussion"
"sees posts that says dr. Mario is unique"
so were considering dr. Mario is unique now?
insta.gif

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
image.jpg

So I was bored.
This should be added to the OP.
Maybe later I'll make a video version with the music.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Anyways, I got a somewhat unique Dr. Mario moveset that makes sense.

B- Pills or Virus - he can throw one of these three things that is randomly selected. A pill that flies straight ahead, a fever virus that does fire damage, or a chills virus that does ice damage.

Side B- Stethescope - like Mario's cape, but with a shorter range but knocks things back farther.

Up B- ?

Down B- Dr. Tornado - the typical tornado attack, is different from FLUDD and the possible Poltergust.

Final Smash- Virus Frenzy - basically waddle Dee storm but with Ice as fire Damage.

Dr. Mario IS unique.
I am not talking to you, or replying to anything you say, as you are staring to scare me.
You don't sound like the Morbid I know.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
...I see this was edited, I don't want to know what examples were there.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
...I see this was edited, I don't want to know what examples were there.
"You all suck balls. Mega Bidoof's opinon"
21st Century Fox style.

Don't hurt me N3on.

Anyways, I got a somewhat unique Dr. Mario moveset that makes sense.
Would Dr. Mario keep his reverse sex kick?

B- Pills or Virus - he can throw one of these three things that is randomly selected. A pill that flies straight ahead, a fever virus that does fire damage, or a chills virus that does ice damage.
Sounds cool. Wouldn't mind. (too much)
The pills should bounce like they do in Melee, though. Luigi's fireballs already travel straight.

Side B- Stethescope - like Mario's cape, but with a shorter range but knocks things back farther.
Super Sheet? What's that?

Final Smash- Virus Frenzy - basically waddle Dee storm but with Ice as fire Damage.
I'd prefer a FS where he sends rows of pills raining down from the sky Tetris style.

-----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom