• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gune

Smash Lord
I'll be honest though: I haven't played a Mega Man game until today: Mega Man Zero.
Damn, what a hard game! Despite that, I actually love it to death. I can't believe what I've been missing out on. Hopefully, Capcom bothers to make a Mega Man game for the 3DS. Doubt they'd bother to do it, though. DX
We were getting a mega man game on 3ds but...but...they cancled it and IT had been wanting MML3 for soooo long... Also I doubt that capcom will make any new mega man games soon a lot of the spinoffs are actually finished story wise, but I do reccomend the battle network series The Legends series and the X series they are really good.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So what would be your reaction if Jumpman and Dixie Kong were the only DK newcomers in the game?
This is far worse than only Dixie! FAR worse. It's like Sakurai saying: '***** I KNOW you want that K.Rool, but I'll just give you a 4th DK character in another Mario clone. Also, here's Dr.Mario! ENJOY MOTHER ****ERSSSSSS!'

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So what would be your reaction if Jumpman and Dixie Kong were the only DK newcomers in the game?
Why Jumpman?

And lol diddy wth is that vid?

@Gune, yeah they canceled that and that online game i heard was being worked on..... now all they are is street fighter.... yeah I hope the MM IP goes to Keiji.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool not getting into this game does not mean Cranky is going to rise up and inherit all of his fan desire. What, do people think supporting K. Rool is a fad that will go away entirely if he's not in this time? He's not Geno or Krystal. This game is basically the first one where he has a legitimate shot at getting in due to not being overshadowed by Diddy and god knows how many other more important newcomers. What's more, if K. Rool is in any role of significance in this game, be it a boss or an Assist Trophy, he'll be constantly on everyone's mind as such, regardless of him being in any new DK games.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My Gamecube finally started to wear out in 2010, a few days after Christmas.

The screen was blurry whenever I turned on the Gamecube, and it wouldn't read some discs (like my Super Mario Sunshine disc) so I decided it was finally time for it to retire. I still get to play Gamecube games on the Wii, fortunately. Amazingly, the Gamecube can still power up to this day, but I doubt it would work properly anymore.

I have only played like one Mega Man arcade game, that's it. I'd really love to try some actual Mega Man games out though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Jumpman would basically be the next best WTF historical character, representing the iconic arcade game that debuted in 1981.
He's basically a better Sheriff. :p
Can we please have Dr.Brain Trainer instead?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Jumpman would basically be the next best WTF historical character, representing the iconic arcade game that debuted in 1981.
He's basically a better Sheriff. :p
But jumpman is basically a racist animal abusing mario, who would want that? Jumpman isn't happening, if it did the internet would rage 1,000X harder than the cranky kong reveal.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I wanted clarification for the first point. Toon Zelda is too much...what? It's a run-on sentence, at least the way I'm reading it.
Having two incarnations from the same franchise is too many incarnations from that franchise. Shouldn't be that hard to understand.

Do you think Toon Link would have gotten the same courtesy if there WASN'T Wind Waker HD?
Are you suggesting Toon Link's chances would have been any different without that game? I think I'm gonna throw up.

Why are you suddenly putting a limit on the number of incarnations a series can have? This is an unwritten rule that you just made up because you don't like the way it looks.
I never said it was a rule. If I say "Pac-Man might not get in because he's uninteresting and lacks move potential." why would you assume I declared that as a rule? Honest to god. Reading into things that are so clearly not there seems to be a thing with you.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Adding Jumpman but not Cranky would be the worst crime in Smash history since the consideration of Toon Sheik, and the cut of Mewtwo.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Jumpman is obviously the best choice because a troll mentioned him less than a week ago in a GameFAQs thread that none of us would know existed if BKupa hadn't posted its content to the Leaks thread.

D

Deleted member

I'll be honest though: I haven't played a Mega Man game until today: Mega Man Zero.
Damn, what a hard game! Despite that, I actually love it to death. I can't believe what I've been missing out on. Hopefully, Capcom bothers to make a Mega Man game for the 3DS. Doubt they'd bother to do it, though. DX
In hindsight, I could understand why Capcom is putting Mega Man on hiatus game-wise. People can point to the bitter relationship between Inafune and Capcom or that Capcom for some inane reason "hates" the franchise, but I don't think it is either, else I feel as they would proceed to remove everything Mega Man-related and not have allowed Mega Man in Smash. My guess is that the franchise became so over-saturated with games that did mostly the same thing that it caused the franchise to be stagnate in sales and made it unprofitable. It is probably one of the most extreme cases of over-saturated of a franchise in a video game history. As a matter of fact, I even recall a few people complaining about how the Mega Man franchise was overdoing in in regards to games before 2011. I think Capcom had been intending to put the franchise on hiatus because of these issue, but because Keiji Inafune was still around and Mega Man was such an iconic figure at Capcom, games continued to be made. When Inafune left, that was when we started to notice that Mega Man was not invulnerable. Capcom could have easily put the franchise in a hiatus in a way that fans would raise an uproar about, but that was sadly not the case. Once Inafune left, management at Capcom went to the trash bin and Mega Man ended up being the most notable victim of the downfall.

Then again, I wouldn't want a Mega Man game made by today's Capcom. Another Rockman Xover would be awful. :sick:

Gune

Smash Lord
Why Jumpman?

And lol diddy wth is that vid?

@Gune, yeah they canceled that and that online game i heard was being worked on..... now all they are is street fighter.... yeah I hope the MM IP goes to Keiji.
Yeah capcom is making me sad these days they just aren't like they use to be but I have hope for that new game Mighty no 9 which looks promising not to mention Beck looks like a combination of all the megaman incarnations which makes it 10x more awesome.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone think Sakurai would add Vaati just for the sake of a 5th Zelda character? I do considering he added Toon Zelda just for a fifth Zelda character.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Does anyone think Sakurai would add Vaati just for the sake of a 5th Zelda character? I do considering he added Toon Zelda just for a fifth Zelda character.
Better Vaati than anyome else, IMO, because every other choice is one of these 3

- Clone
- Another incarnation of a character already in
- Tingle :troll:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Yes lets take someone's old name and make it a separate character.
Let's take another of someone's professions and make it a separate character. :drmario:
Let's take someone's younger form and make it a separate character. :younglinkmelee:

Are you implying Vaati would be low-priority for the sake of padding the roster? :p

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Adding Jumpman but not Cranky would be the worst crime in Smash history since the consideration of Toon Sheik, and the cut of Mewtwo.
Meh you guys don't give characters a chance, immediately jumping to conclusions, let's see what Jumpman could have for special moves:
B-Neutral: Hammer Smash: Jumpman slams his hammer to the ground, leaving a big knockback to opponents. A chargeable move.
B-Side: Oil Drum: Jumpman kicks out a big oil drum, leaving explosive damage if contacted by an opponent. Though the drums move pretty slow.
B-Up: Spring: Jumpman uses the famous purple and yellow spring to give him a high vertical recovery. Unlike Sonic's and Megaman's, this spring has the ability to KO an opponent at decent percentages if used in the air.
B-Down: Cement Pie: Jumpman places down a cement pie, any opponent that contacts gets stuck in the cement until they escape by moving the control stick or d-pad rapidly.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Let's take another of someone's professions and make it a separate character.
Let's take someone's younger form and make it a separate character.
I see nothing wrong with that nor do I see how that compares. But knowing the whiny, greedy smash fans, you'll probably get a million likes for that post.

Are you implying Vaati would be low-priority for the sake of padding the roster? :p
I guess so.

D

Deleted member

K. Rool not getting into this game does not mean Cranky is going to rise up and inherit all of his fan desire. What, do people think supporting K. Rool is a fad that will go away entirely if he's not in this time? He's not Geno or Krystal. This game is basically the first one where he has a legitimate shot at getting in due to not being overshadowed by Diddy and god knows how many other more important newcomers. What's more, if K. Rool is in any role of significance in this game, be it a boss or an Assist Trophy, he'll be constantly on everyone's mind as such, regardless of him being in any new DK games.
While recency by no means contribute to a character's inclusion; popularity and importance do. King K. Rool is at the point where he is at his peak of popularity and at the point where he is still the most important Donkey Kong character not playable yet. Both of these things are what makes him such a strong contender. If King K. Rool fails to show up for this game, he will drop in both popularity and importance as the generation anticipating Smash 6 or later will likely not be familiar with King K. Rool and as such won't care about him. Cranky Kong will also continue to play important roles and as such, will become a legitimate contender for SSB6. That being said, I find King K. Rool to be very likely and I expect him to show up as playable anyway (along with Dixie). And if King K. Rool does play an important role in DKCR3 even if he did fail to show up in SSB 3DS & Wii U, then that would make him a shoe-in for SSB6 as his popularity and importance would be restored and he would be in his own league.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
5th Zelda character right? Might as well pick a character that's actually important to the series all around. Impa is easily more worthy of that than Ganon's puppet nr.3. Or another Link, or another Zelda. Skull Kid is already out anyway, and if it isn't gonna be Impa, it'll probably be Skull Kid next time.

Impa is easily the best choice all around for a new Zelda character.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If King K. Rool fails to show up for this game, he will drop in both popularity and importance as the generation anticipating Smash 6 or later will likely not be familiar with King K. Rool and as such won't care about him.
How do you know? The only way to know that is if you had insight on future Donkey Kong titles. How do you know King K. Rool isn't in them? As if recent DK titles was a major cause of his popularity and importance.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Meh you guys don't give characters a chance, immediately jumping to conclusions, let's see what Jumpman could have for special moves:
B-Neutral: Hammer Smash: Jumpman slams his hammer to the ground, leaving a big knockback to opponents. A chargeable move.
B-Side: Oil Drum: Jumpman kicks out a big oil drum, leaving explosive damage if contacted by an opponent. Though the drums move pretty slow.
B-Up: Spring: Jumpman uses the famous purple and yellow spring to give him a high vertical recovery. Unlike Sonic's and Megaman's, this spring has the ability to KO an opponent at decent percentages if used in the air.
B-Down: Cement Pie: Jumpman places down a cement pie, any opponent that contacts gets stuck in the cement until they escape by moving the control stick or d-pad rapidly.
Just prefer Paper Mario if it's gonna be Mario With A Hammer.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
While recency by no means contribute to a character's inclusion; popularity and importance do. King K. Rool is at the point where he is at his peak of popularity and at the point where he is still the most important Donkey Kong character not playable yet. Both of these things are what makes him such a strong contender. If King K. Rool fails to show up for this game, he will drop in both popularity and importance as the generation anticipating Smash 6 or later will likely not be familiar with King K. Rool and as such won't care about him. Cranky Kong will also continue to play important roles and as such, will become a legitimate contender for SSB6. That being said, I find King K. Rool to be very likely and I expect him to show up as playable anyway (along with Dixie). And if King K. Rool does play an important role in DKCR3 even if he did fail to show up in SSB 3DS & Wii U, then that would make him a shoe-in for SSB6 as his popularity and importance would be restored and he would be in his own league.
If I dont see K Rool in this game, Tropocal Freeze or a potential DKCR3, I am convinced that Nintendo wants nothing to do with him and I wouldnt expect him back at all anywhere. It seems they want to forget that they made some of the best games with RARE.

Its unfortunate because putting in K Rool in would induce some major nostalgia for some, and would convince others to maybe buy a Wii U.

Either that or Nintendo is keeping that one in their pocket to save for a (really) rainy day.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What's with the sudden interest in Jumpman?
Another rumor everyone is wanting to believe cause there's been no news whatsoever.

Y'know guys, I really liked playing as Bowser Jr. and Ridley in Brawl, but kinda miss the Ice Climbers and Mr.Game & Watch at their expense though. Wish they could be back.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Another rumor everyone is wanting to believe cause there's been no news whatsoever.

Y'know guys, I really liked playing as Bowser Jr. and Ridley in Brawl, but kinda miss the Ice Climbers and Mr.Game & Watch at their expense though. Wish they could be back.
Well at least we got Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom