• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Something tells me people being spoiled to death by Project M are going to severely disappointed with the next Super Smash Bros. game.

All of that fanservice and balance not implemented, much to the discord of fans.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Yeah, I did get rid of the stages.
Make sure you turn off the smash service too.

Your SD card file on your computer should have, only 6 icons: codes, private, projectm, background png., boot.elf, gameconfigtxt.

And obviously don't mess with those 3 folders, if you have those 6 everything should be fine.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Thank you.

*sigh* I shouldn't have gotten the Classic Pro controllers. I knew I should have just gotten the GC adapter. That was a mistake...
That will still work, it's just GC is prefered and Tournament regulated, also you can't use a Wii Motion Plus installed controller, as it prevents moving in the Gecko menu.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Something tells me people being spoiled to death by Project M are going to severely disappointed with the next Super Smash Bros. game.

All of that fanservice and balance not implemented, much to the discord of fans.
I'll still enjoy smash 4, I know that nintendo had time constraints while the PM team did not.

It'll be a fun game either way, plus better online that's a big plus for me.

Morbi

Scavenger

That is a good point, it is actually one of the reasons I was considering not trying it. However, Brawl is getting a little boring, so I want to try something new. I would certainly hate to attenuate the Smash 4 experience though.

Morbi

Scavenger
Confession time: I don't own Melee.
Getting Melee for Christmas would be better than any mod imaginable.
Have you... ever owned Melee?

I honestly think most people have nostalgia goggles on in regards to Melee though, it is clearly the better game; however, the balance isn't phenomenal and the cast will feel bland compared to Brawl. Just being real.

Louie G.

Smash Hero

I honestly think most people have nostalgia goggles on in regards to Melee though, it is clearly the better game; however, the balance isn't phenomenal and the cast will feel bland compared to Brawl. Just being real.
I've played it, and I am very much in love with it.
But I have never owned it. Shoot me down.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054

Theyll both be good for different reasons i would imagine. An actual online that works would be a good place to start

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

I feel the same way, I'm surprised I wasn't affected by this with Melee being the first Smash game I played.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I've played it, and I am very much in love with it.
But I have never owned it. Shoot me down.
Eh I don't think you were around during melee's release right? lol no probs, were not gonna shoot ya down.

Did you get PM working yet?

@morbid: Agreed, but obviously every smash hasn't been "balanced", 64 is close but ness just can't do it lol.

Melee: is the best tho, due to the play-style, and that huge leap taken from 64. Brawl was nice but just to slow and campy.

I think smash 4 will finally please everyone. (I hope)

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35

So far the game looks better than Brawl, and it looks like the characters that needed buffs are getting it. Smash 4 will probably disappoint me with who we get rather than the gameplay...

Still hope at least L-Cancelling returns.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
A large difference between Brawl and Melee is, IMO, air dodging. In Melee, you get a stiffer version, but allows you to do so much more movement wise. Brawl makes the actual dodging part of air dodging more useful. I was thinking, and this is a pipedream, that you would be able to do both in SSB4 so that the fanbase isnt split on which is better, you can just use the one you prefer.

Of course, then all the Brawl players would get destroyed :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Difference between Melee and Brawl was very simple: In Melee, anything could happen any second. In Brawl, nothing happens even if you try and do something any second.

If it wasn't for Diddy and his technical skill, I wouldn't nearly have played Brawl as much. Seriously, Brawl Diddy is awesome and he literally made the game worthy to play for me.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
People debating about a simple dodge? That's pretty silly if you ask me.

Youd be surprised how much metagame there is with the Melee version compared to Brawl. There is literally is no competition between someone who can tech properly and someone who cant in Melee. Even something as small as L-cancelling makes a huge difference (considering Link is my main, I'm very grateful for this because d-air lag is close to 3 times shorter when used properly.)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Youd be surprised how much metagame there is with the Melee version compared to Brawl. There is literally is no competition between someone who can tech properly and someone who cant in Melee. Even something as small as L-cancelling makes a huge difference (considering Link is my main, I'm very grateful for this because d-air lag is close to 3 times shorter when used properly.)
Ice Climbers are your main.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
@shrooby: Are you able to select a computer to be Giga Bowser the same way, or is it only limited to a player?
What I did was have a controller plugged into player 2, but had a CPU Bowser selected instead of a human one. I held the L Button on the player 2 controller just like I would normally, but a CPU was in control.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
All smash 4 needs is lower aerial lag, and the brawl dodge to NOT cancel out potential combo strings. plus a few other things like no magnet ledges, (which are gone by the looks of the developer direct).

I have high hopes for smash 4 to be a good well rounded game, that's suitable for both sides. (i have no idea what the topic is....)

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I was always curious as to how Link performs in Project M. He couldn't be worse I suppose.
His moves are more or less the same, the boomerang has a lot shorter range and has no gale effect, but i think it makes it better because of its power, plus you can chuck it about twice as often.

Link's speed is a lot better too, and the lag on some moves is reduced, which is, IMO, one of the few things he needed. Hes waaaaay too slow in Brawl to really do anything. His recovery is still bad, but they made TL's worse so i dont feel as bad.

Not top tier, but it is a HUGE step in the right direction. i never understood why he was so slow in Brawl when he is one of the most nimble characters on the roster.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Eh I don't think you were around during melee's release right? lol no probs, were not gonna shoot ya down.

Did you get PM working yet?
I was around, but I was way too young for video games.
In fact, I only started getting into games when I was around 8. You would never know it, I'm a gaming textbook nowadays.
And I don't know if I'm going to get Project M. Maybe after Christmas, I don't know. I'll stick with what I've got (or what I will be getting).
View attachment 5024
. . .
. . .
I play too much star fox . . .
I was playing 64 again yesterday. Really fun game, I should play it more.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Smash 4 will be like a fast Brawl.
It has multiple air dodges and probably will not have L cancel (hopefully).
It doesn't need to have L-cancel just lower the aerial lag.

As for the dodges, those are fine. As long as it can't be used to break hitsun. If that happens the game will have combos, and when a game has combos its usually good/fun.

My first game was some rugrats thing for the gameboy..... yep.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It doesn't need to have L-cancel just lower the aerial lag.

As for the dodges, those are fine. As long as it can't be used to break hitsun. If that happens the game will have combos, and when a game has combos its usually good/fun.

My first game was some rugrats thing for the gameboy..... yep.
Basically,Brawl Plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom