• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
"I thought about it, but there are obviously some immensely overt differences."

Not exactly. "Sakurai OC" means "Sakurai Original Character" which means "Character Sakurai made".
Sakurai made Kirby, Meta Knight, and Dedede. Therefore, they are "Sakurai OCs".

Unless you meant Smash OCs, but then....

:troll:
I would actually love Giga Bowser as a full fledged playable character, kind of like how Project M sort of does it.

Morbi

Scavenger
"I thought about it, but there are obviously some immensely overt differences."

Not exactly. "Sakurai OC" means "Sakurai Original Character" which means "Character Sakurai made".
Sakurai made Kirby, Meta Knight, and Dedede. Therefore, they are "Sakurai OCs".

Unless you meant Smash OCs, but then....

:troll:
I missed this post, I was mostly referring to the notion that Kirby was an established franchise (for the most part) before Smash was conceived and that it is a notable Nintendo franchise (as opposed to a random villain Brawl that was invented for SSE). Just to clarify, that is why I do not think the two are comparable.

Giga Bowser is pretty lame too though. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I have always considered the two to be the same.
Unlike with Zelda and a certain disguise with a different name, I actually always think Ganon is capable of turning to Ganondorf whenever he wants.

#Zelda #HeadCanon

#****Hashtags

TOON IMPA IS BEST LORD!

D

Deleted member

@Xenoblaze: Same; though there will be the people that say that Giga Bowser in P:M "proves" that big characters don't work.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Unlike with Zelda and a certain disguise with a different name, I actually always think Ganon is capable of turning to Ganondorf whenever he wants.

#Zelda #HeadCanon

#****Hashtags

TOON IMPA IS BEST LORD!
No, # is best lord. :troll:

Anyways, yeah, they are the same since e transformed into Ganon multiple times in the games

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@Xenoblaze: Same; though there will be the people that say that Giga Bowser in P:M "proves" that big characters don't work.
Wait, what does Project M do with Giga Bowser?
And on the topic, how would you guys feel if Bowser got a new Final Smash and Giga Bowser returned as a boss?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
And on the topic, how would you guys feel if Bowser got a new Final Smash and Giga Bowser returned as a boss?
If you hold "R" or "-" when you select Bowser, you can play as Giga Bowser during the whole fight.

Bowser's FS wasn't that useful, so I wouldn't care.

Morbi

Scavenger
I would be fine with it. I actually want Mario to be the one to grow and... um... Smash stuff.

Bowser doing Mario's fire thing wouldn't be so horrific. If the two swapped Smashes, I would be content.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
#HashtagIsBestLord
#Logic
#Rekd
#Wut
#IDontEven

Big characters work because they can always just not play on small stages :troll:

D

Deleted member

@Louie G: Like what FireEmblemnier said, you can play as Giga Bowser permanently in a match using a special command (holding R while selecting Bowser).
They changed Giga Bowser's properties to where he functions like a normal character, being able to be hit and killed. He's also around Bowser's weight rather than super-deadweight like in regular Brawl. To make up for it, his moves were altered to function more viably as means to balance out the fact he's easier to kill than Bowser due to being near the same weight but larger size.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
If you hold "R" or "-" when you select Bowser, you can play as Giga Bowser during the whole fight.

Bowser's FS wasn't that useful, so I wouldn't care.
It's one my favorite things that they included. It allowed me to do this:
ggiga.jpg

Probably my favorite Smash moment from my childhood.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Im no idea who this guys are, but seems relevant.

They are in the new "goku vs naruto" game, and we know how big is nintendog in smash right? :awesome:
that is from the manga Gin Tama (or Gintama in Japan). That's Kagura and Sadaharu respectively.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
IMO

K. Rool >> Ridley >>>>> Black Shadow >>> Hades >>> Porky >>>>> Black Knight
Explanations:

--K. Rool is the top most wanted Nintendo newcomer across the globe and has been for years. He's also the most important character left from one of two series most people really want to see represented more in Smash, and up until a few months ago, was almost universally considered the next-in-line for said series (he still is by most reasonable speculators).

--Ridley has very similar credentials to K. Rool, with a few exceptions. Ridley is probably the most wanted Nintendo newcomer in America, and he's the most important character left from the other of those two series people want to see represented more in Smash. What's more, within his own series, he's a more important villain than K. Rool. However, his series is smaller, his fanbase is concentrated almost solely in the West due to Japanese toobigotry, and Sakurai has singled him out as a character who would require the team's "best efforts," making him seem like a more difficult addition between the two.

--Black Shadow is one of two potential newcomers from F-Zero, neither of which have a clear advantage over the other. Black Shadow is the more wanted of the two as a result of cries for him to replace Captain Ganondorf, and is by far the more popular character in Japan due to obsession over his voice actor (Norio Wakamoto). Samurai Goroh, on the other hand, has been referenced multiple times in Smash, and, if Ganondorf didn't have a horrid moveset or if Toon Black Shadow had a different voice actor, he'd be the favorite by far. And considering how so many people are content with just Captain Falcon as it is, both remain longshots.

--It's difficult to gauge the demand for Kid Icarus characters beyond Palutena because they're still relatively new, and because so much of the fanbase is unified behind Palutena that the others receive minimal focus. As of now, Hades, Medusa, and Dark Pit are on a similar level, and considering Uprising was essentially a one-off, none seem likely at all.

--Porky, on the other hand, is a cool idea, but is solidly behind Claus, based on Sakurai's Brawl journal, as well as Kumatora currently in Japan. What's more, until Ridley gets in, he'd be plagued by an epidemic of toobigotry if his support became noticeable. There's also that the Mother series is finished and has a boatload more content than it probably warrants with that in mind...

--Black Knight has no chance. Ike inherited hints of the guy's moves, and it's not even a given that he'll return at this point. There's also at least four characters who would come before him in the Fire Emblem pecking order, and the series isn't half as big as most people treat it.

Morbi

Scavenger
Project M looks like lots of fun. :(
Now I really wish I hadn't broke my Brawl disc.
Why did you break it? Did you really hate it that badly?

I am thinking about getting into Project M myself. I just don't know how to. I think you buy an SD card and download Project M from the site onto the card and use it with your Wii. I am not entirely sure, I will have to look it up.

D

Deleted member

@shrooby: Are you able to select a computer to be Giga Bowser the same way, or is it only limited to a player?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Why did you break it? Did you really hate it that badly?

I am thinking about getting into Project M myself. I just don't know how to. I think you buy an SD card and download Project M from the site onto the card and use it with your Wii. I am not entirely sure, I will have to look it up.
Seems that it was crushed back in 2009, I don't know who broke it though.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
All you do is download the hackless full set (i'm assuming you guys don't hack your wii) get a 2gb sd card stick it in your PC, download.

There ya go.

Also, if your using the installer, it won't work out. (due to the main site still being wonky) you should use the mediafire thing like I did.

In fact: here https://www.mediafire.com/folder/r4nca2sv6fcqx/3.0 Mirror [Off-Site]

Just pick the nohomebrew if you don't hack your wii. I suggest to start off with the full set instead of the wi-fi set, just to get your feet wet.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
>SD card 2GB or less
>Download Project M
>Delete all custom stages from Brawl
>Put in SD card
>Pick stage creator
Done.

I dont think it works on Wii U, or at least, I couldn't get it to work. it has to do with the memory type that the Wii uses.

It's one my favorite things that they included. It allowed me to do this:
View attachment 5021
Probably my favorite Smash moment from my childhood.
Please tell me Giga Bowsers FS is him turning back into regular Bowser :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
They're not exactly too far off actually.

Massive characters like Giga Bowser are very vulnerable to assaults due to their large frame making it harder to dodge. Ergo, the bigger you are the bigger of a target you are. This is of course disregarding that Giga Bowser was buffed in order to compensate for that fatal flaw.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Literally the easiest mod I've ever installed.
What didn't work out? Was your sd card too large?
I had a 2 gig SD card.
I don't know what it was. I downloaded it pre-unzipped, and the only thing that I could see messing it up would be that I put it in another folder. I don't know if that does anything.

Morbi

Scavenger
They're not exactly too far off actually.

Massive characters like Giga Bowser are very vulnerable to assaults due to their large frame making them harder to dodge. Ergo, the bigger you are the bigger of a target you are. This is of course disregarding that Giga Bowser was buffed in order to compensate for that fatal flaw.
Yes, the hit box discrepancies. That tends to happen in every fighting game though.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Does it work on Wii U? My Wii broke...
I dont think it works on Wii U, or at least, I couldn't get it to work. it has to do with the memory type that the Wii uses.

Please tell me Giga Bowsers FS is him turning back into regular Bowser :troll:
Taking from:http://www.ign.com/wikis/smash-bros-project-m/How_to_Install_Project_M

The method is virtually the same except that you must first go into the Wii mode. It has the obvious advantage of letting you play on a Wii U, but there are some things to watch out for.
1. The Wii U mode will attempt delete key Project M files. Putting the SD card in after booting Wii mode will prevent this deletion.
2. If your Project M files are somehow deleted, you can always just put them back. There are no consequences.

Morbi

Scavenger
Taking from:http://www.ign.com/wikis/smash-bros-project-m/How_to_Install_Project_M

The method is virtually the same except that you must first go into the Wii mode. It has the obvious advantage of letting you play on a Wii U, but there are some things to watch out for.
1. The Wii U mode will attempt delete key Project M files. Putting the SD card in after booting Wii mode will prevent this deletion.
2. If your Project M files are somehow deleted, you can always just put them back. There are no consequences.
Thank you.

The hackless version should still work with the Wii U, just note you probably need an adapter for a GC controller.
*sigh* I shouldn't have gotten the Classic Pro controllers. I knew I should have just gotten the GC adapter. That was a mistake...

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I had a 2 gig SD card.
I don't know what it was. I downloaded it pre-unzipped, and the only thing that I could see messing it up would be that I put it in another folder. I don't know if that does anything.
Yea, that's what happened to me, don't have it in a additional folder, also, make sure no custom stages.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054

Oh I had the SD in before, so thats probably why. No wonder my files got messed up after that lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom