• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've never really had an issue with Prince Sable. The other characters Blue commonly brings up however......

Also, the Nintendog was always an annoying AT, in spite of how adorable it is.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I've never really had an issue with Prince Sable. The other characters Blue commonly brings up however......

Also, the Nintendog was always an annoying AT, in spite of how adorable it is.
I think that was the whole point of that assist trophy, acting like a real puppy. Both adorable and annoying, features of a real life puppy

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
okay mates I got this interesting theory of who was behind the Nintendo dog,
the victim is fox mccloud,
fox mccloud is a fox (go figure:rolleyes:)
fox's in real life hunt small critters, so it can't be any small character, otherwise it'll be fox hitting whatever it was, but I do have something else though,
fox's are hunted by specific creatures, wolfs to be exact:awesome:
so obviously a wolf would most likely hit fox mccloud, which in other words mean . . . . .
Wolf O'Donnell Confirmed!:awesome:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh so we are playing the "Who hit the Fox" game huh?

Well okay I'll join in.

The Nintendog is blocking a very large area so the character is probably big.
It may also be a very wanted character, I mean why else would Sakurai hide it?
Perhaps it may also be a bit on the skinny side.
I wonder if it's colour is purple too...

I know who it is!

IT'S RIDL--

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh so we are playing the "Who hit the Fox game" huh?

Welll okay I'll join in.

Perhaps it may also be a bit on the thin side.

I know who it is!

WALUIGI TIME!

I guessed Crobat, but your idea makes a little more sense.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sakurai should make pokeball pokemon DLC. He could release a Generation One, Two, Three, Ect package with every pokemon in that generation as a pokemon that comes out of the pokeball. So you can buy'em all.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Oh so we are playing the "Who hit the Fox" game huh?

Well okay I'll join in.

Perhaps it may also be a bit on the skinny side.

I know who it is!

IT'S RIDL--

insta.png

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
So Iggy from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is an assist trophy? Cool I guess. But seriously, I bet a character that we haven't seen yet is behind that dog.
Knowing Sakurai, there is definitely a newcomer we haven't seen yet behind that Nintendog. :troll:
"Pic of the day. You wanted him, you'll get him! For the first time in a long time, a newcomer enters the arena. It's none other that Li- BUSTER! I told you not ruin the picture, you darned dog!
... Aw, I can't be mad at you! Who's a wittle cwumsy dog? Who's a wittle cwumsy silly dog?"

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Wow, the "pics of the day" are pretty cool now,everyday we have something new!
Theyre clearly starting to push the envelope, which makes sense because we are inching closer to getting a release date/the game actually being released. I have a feeling that once the official date is announced, or at least the quarter in which its released, things will really start to pick up to hype the game

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Just for the record, the games have been in development for about 1 year, 10 months, and 1 day. For comparison, Brawl took about 2 years and 3 months, while Melee took about 1 year and 1 month. It's worth noting that Brawl had most of it's development time focused on SSE, and adding a lot more content from Melee, hence why Brawl took double the amount of development time then Melee. It's also worth noting that Brawl appeared to take longer to release because of delays and it being revealed much earlier then Smash 4 did (8 months vs. 1 year, 4 months for development time).

Basically what I'm saying is that the reason why we've gotten such an influx of information recently is because more or less everything is implemented and are currently being polished. It wouldn't surprise me if 80%-90% of the game is actually completed and is being cleaned up by removing bugs and adjusting the balance.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Just for the record, the games have been in development for about 1 year, 10 months, and 1 day. For comparison, Brawl took about 2 years and 3 months, while Melee took about 1 year and 1 month. It's worth noting that Brawl had most of it's development time focused on SSE, and adding a lot more content from Melee, hence why Brawl took double the amount of development time then Melee. It's also worth noting that Brawl appeared to take longer to release because of delays and it being revealed much earlier then Smash 4 did (8 months vs. 1 year, 4 months for development time).

Basically what I'm saying is that the reason why we've gotten such an influx of information recently is because more or less everything is implemented and are currently being polished. It wouldn't surprise me if 80%-90% of the game is actually completed and is being cleaned up by removing bugs and adjusting the balance.
Pretty much sums it up. It might also be worth noting that if they do decide to include patches, which has been considered by Sakurai, it may influence them to release it sooner because they can leave out certain features that can later be put in. (Probably not, Sakurai is a perfectionist.) Also, possible DLC...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Pretty much sums it up. It might also be worth noting that if they do decide to include patches, which has been considered by Sakurai, it may influence them to release it sooner because they can leave out certain features that can later be put in. (Probably not, Sakurai is a perfectionist.) Also, possible DLC...
Yeah with Namco's expertise on fighting games, the development of Smash may have been finished faster than we thought.

Also with returning ATs, some characters like Helirin and Starfy might return as ATs.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Yeah with Namco's expertise on fighting games, the development of Smash may have been finished faster than we thought.
Very Likely, IMO. Namco makes me feel very optimistic about the release date and polish of this game. They have so many good fighting titles under their belt (Not #1, i think that belongs to SF, but pretty much everything after that is Namco property, like Tekken, Soul Caliber, etc.)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
"sees posts that says dr. Mario is unique"
You must have bad eyesight because no post says Dr. Mario is unique, only that he would be more unique if rebooted in the next smash. I also fail to see why that is so painful to acknowledge to the point of leaving.

No offense, especially not to you lonekonwolf, but sometimes you people are just pathetic and irksome to deal with. I think it's time I abandoned thread for once.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Here, have a topic.

Suppose there are only 4 more newcomers (doesn't include Mewtwo, Roy, Doc or Pichu). Who do you think they should be?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Here, have a topic.

Suppose there are only 4 more newcomers (doesn't include Mewtwo, Roy, Doc or Pichu). Who do you think they should be?
King K. Rool, Pac-Man, Ridley, Takamaru

1. King K. Rool has personality and plenty of moves.
2. Pac-Man represents a gaming icon that was more recognizable than Mario. Pac-Man, Sonic, Megaman, and Mario should battle.
3. Ridley completes the Metroid series with its space dragon antagonist.
4. Takamaru is a retro representative that finishes the 1986 quadruplets. Plus a sword character for the audience that craves them.
* Takamaru could be replaced by Shulk, Dillon, or Mii (I don't favor them, but Mii make sense)

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Here, have a topic.

Little Mac
King K Rool
Ridley
Palutena

Honestly, the first 3 should be in Smash, the 4th one could be Isaac, Takamaru, Shulk, Pacman, the list goes on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom