• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The decision is not his alone. We debate whom gets in and who doesn't. Currently, there are no plans to add people.
Just kick me out if you change your mind. I have a new roster you all will like. I just want to discuss character predictions. And I happen to have a lot of good ideas as well. I think I should be in.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just kick me out if you change your mind. I have a new roster you all will like. I just want to discuss character predictions. And I happen to have a lot of good ideas as well. I think I should be in.
Post here. Just because I'm in the backroom, it doesn't mean I will stop posting here.

You only get invited to the backroom if you prove yourself worthy of being invited. That's why backroom members still hang around here.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
We'll keep posting in this thread. I don't think there's many, if any, who will just move to the backroom. Sure, some of us may be posting in there more but I'm still going to give two cents here.
Also if we invited everyone to the backroom it wouldn't be the backroom, now would it? :awesome:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
We'll keep posting in this thread. I don't think there's many, if any, who will just move to the backroom. Sure, some of us may be posting in there more but I'm still going to give two cents here.
Also if we invited everyone to the backroom it wouldn't be the backroom, now would it? :awesome:
There is nothing to read here, now I have to actually go back to playing Links Awakening :awesome:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
My ALL NEW Roster!!!

Details:

Ninten - Most of you will disagree on this, and that's totally understandable. But, the reason I have him in is because we have the main protagonist of Mother 2 & 3 I think Sakurai will decide to reboot Ninten, give him a new look and add him to the roster. Other characters have been rebooted from the NES. Pit, Ice Climbers, Takamaru. Luigi use to look more like Mario than Ninten looked like Ness. and look at Roy's new look. Plus Ninten can have his own moves given the variety of PSI powers in the series. PK Beam, Hypnosis, Teleport, Ground, Brainshock, Counter. I consider it to be the next logical step.

Starfy- Starfy has become a recurring Nintendo character and has even had a game released in the west. He has a lot of potential in terms of moves as well. I'd honestly be surprised if he wasn't in SSB4.

Matthew- I think Matthew will get in over Issac for a number of reasons. Dark Dawn was the most recent Golden Sun installment. Most people say he's not a likely character at all and that Issac will no doubt be in his place. Well, Issac being the one is just as likely so don't take the choice of Matthew too personally. When SSB64 came out there were 2 Mother games. Both of their main protagonists were pretty much identical and the same, so logically they just went with the more recent one, plus Mother 2 was the only one released in the west. Although Issac appeared in all 3 titles (even though he was not the main of the third.) and they sold more and had better reception I don't consider Golden Sun to be popular enough for it to really matter which one they choose. And so I put Matthew in the roster because he's more modern and put Issac in the Alt. Choices section as he could just as well be in the game instead. A lot of characters will get in for being more recent. Much like Lucario, Lucas, Ike, and Toon Link.

Eirika- I think if Fire Emblem gets 4 reps that at least one of them will be a female hero. There are a lot of females in the series that fans enjoy. I believe that since Eirika is the only one who is a main character that she will make it in. But, we might just get 3 FE reps. If Eirika gets in it's possible she may be a Marth semi-clone, but she has her own uniqueness.

Sheriff- You can't really blame anyone for having him or not having him. He was the first Nintendo game and would be the first Arcade rep in the series (Not counting Mario Bros & DK) He could have a lot of moveset potential as well. I think he's very likely as a retro rep and seems to be a fairly popular candidate.

Shulk- I can't imagine him not being in the game. He would make SUCH a great fighter, and Xenoblade Chronicles was such a big hit. Monolith Soft is even coming out with a new video game for Wii U. Plus it's important that we have a character from a new Nintendo series. I say he's another guaranteed character.

Ridley- I still think it'd be akward and I think a bounty hunter is more likely (nobody's gonna agree with that.) I think Ridley is gonna get in because EVERYBODY wants him. There is so much demand for him. I still don't see it. Although he works better as a boss, he's probably gonna happen.

Newtwo- Not only would we have a new X & Y rep, we'd also be bringing back Mewtwo! One of the two characters people want most in SSB. And Sakurai wouldn't have to bring back an already removed character. If he gets new moves that will be awesome or at least if they get rid of Confusion. Again I say he is guaranteed.

Chrom- My concern is that there isn't really anything unique to him. He has the same sword of Marth, similar look, and is a descendent of him. If he had his own elemental sword attacks like Roy and his fire that would help. But, I'm sure Sakurai can think of a moveset for him. Is he guaranteed? Probably.

Takamaru- he is pretty much the most likely retro rep. He seemed popular enough to get into Nintendo Land and since people in the west know who he is that adds onto it because he's already popular in Japan.

Little Mac- Another almost guaranteed retro rep. It may be hard coming up with neutral moves that are all fist oriented, but it's not impossible.

Bomberman- Bomberman has only 1 single reason not to be in SSB. Because he was bought out by Konami. But Konami hasn't made any Bomberman titles since and didn't invent bomberman. They just own the rights to him. Bomberman has more of a history with Nintendo than Sonic, Snake, and Mega Man combined. So much he is often mistaken for a Nintendo character himself. He appeared in Nintendo comics, he appeared alongside Wario in a game, he originated on NES and is one of the most famous game characters ever. I think he is the most likely Third-Part rep.

King K. Rool- He's definitely gonna be in it. He's famous, has tons of moves, is the main antagonist of the DK series, and everyone seems to want him. Not appearing in Return & Tropical Freeze doesn't really mean anything.

Paper Mario- Bowser Jr. is just as likely, and if anybody even mentions him in their roster it should count because it's such an obvious choice. I put Paper Mario because I think he is just as likely. I also think there should be a Mario persona and Paper Mario is a requested character with a lot of moves. It's either him, Junior, or Toad.

Alternate Choices

Leif (Fire Emblem Series)- Leif appeared in 2 Fire Emblem games on Super Famicom. He seems fairly popular in the FE universe too. The assumption would be that he is a Marth semi-clone and that he uses the element of light with his sword attacks similar to how Roy uses the element of Fire. I guess in SSB it would be translated into Electricity. But, since he looks a lot like Marth and everybody would clearly want Roy instead (which is a better choice.) I did not add him in my roster.

Roy- Roy has been given a new badass look, now people want him more than ever and next to Mewtwo is the most requested character to return. He was a great idea then and people still love him today. I did not include him in my roster because I don't feel I'll be blamed if he appears and I don't have him. I think if Sakurai DOES do DLC he would be a great choice. He better return.

Sylux- I was going to have Sylux in my roster. I had him in the others. But, everybody wants Ridley and he is the most requested. I think it makes more sense to add a Bounty Hunter and keep Ridley a boss. People say it's kind of random, but he's kind of like the Wolf of SSB4. And Sylux does stand out more than the others. He has more of a hatred for Samus and appeared in more games.

Poke'mon Trainer B- If they add a 5th Poke'mon character I think it will be a second Poke'mon Trainer from either Gold/Silver or X/Y. The one in the roster is depicted as Gold/Silver with Totodile, Bayleef, and Typloshion. Plus it would give us an extra 3 Poke'mon. Plus there are so many trainers and pokemon we'd be getting more of both.

Issac- Again, may take the place of Mattew.

Skull Kid- I also believe he will be the 5th Zelda rep if we have one. Majora's Mask is remembered by everyone (and for good reason :urg: ). It is one of the most popular Zelda games ever and always will be. It doesn't really matter if it came out that long ago.

Snake- Will he return? I have no idea.

Paulatena- Paulatena actually works because even though she is a godess, in the Kid Icarus promotional anime short it shows she isn't all powerful. She was overrun by a herd of Carrots. But, I don't have her because even though it's Sakurai I don't see why Kid Icarus needs more reps. Pit seems okay on his own. But, she is a good idea for a rep so I put her in alternate choices.

Bowser Jr.- It's a fight between him and Paper Mario, and Toad is in the background hoping.

Dry Bowser- Activated through Final Smash. Whether it will just be for show or have his own moves I do not know. I consider this a guaranteed form.

Sonic- Unlike Snake it's kind of hard to imagine him not being in SSB after he appeared in brawl. Now that I think about if Bomberman appeared that would kind of make up for it. Maybe Bomberman will replace Snake?

Other Possibilities

9-Volt: He owns several Video Game peripherals. He would make a good fighter.

Metal Mario- A special character you can only get after achieving something great in the game after you have all other characters

So those are all the characters I predict. I'd love to hear feedback. If you have some problems with some character like Sylux or Ninten that's totally understandable. I'd love to hear what you like or have suggestions for. :colorful:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Guys, lets just drop the topic. I just read four or five pages (I'm not sure, it all blurred together) of arguments against an belligerent drag0n. We aren't going to be able to change his mind and vice versa so let's drop it in order to keep this thread going.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I do think Bomberman would be cool to play as. And Sakurai might even see him as a character that fits the Smash games, much like Megaman and Sonic have done. But I don't think his ties are any closer to Nintendo than Sonic(well maybe)or Megaman. Though that is definitely true for Snake, given he has so few Nintendo games. I'd be interested in Ninten if he used those PSI moves that you had mentioned. Along with the possible redesign that the Ice Climbers and Pit received. Sylux doesn't seem nearly as possible as Ridley. Given that Sylux had only made one appearance in the Metroid series, while Ridley is the series' Bowser. Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario are definitely up for debate if you ask me.

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice
My New Prediction:
Also I added my predictions for possible DLC. Obviously we won't get all of them, but I'm just saying that they are the likely candidates because of either popularity, recentness, or importance.

EDIT: I meant to add Toon Link and Young Link to the DLC list (because I put all cut characters under there)

Attachments

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So prediction time.

What do we know.

1. Sakurai will try and add as many as possible. This means that not all will get in depending on things.
2. New characters take longer to add than old characters.
3. He does not want to make cuts, but will have to given time.
4. He thinks brawls roster size was a decent size.

Given this, we will have 40-45 characters. The benefit of the doubt will be 45. So lets add.

Mario Series
1. Mario - Announced
2. Bowser - Announced
3. Luigi - He will be in. He was in SSB64. He will probably be based on the Luigi's Mansion series.
4. Peach - She will be in also. She might gather more emphasis from Super Princess Peach. I believe her Final smash will change also.
-No more mario characters. There is no one that is that important to add.

Legend of Zelda Series
5. Link - Announced
6./7. Zelda/Sheik - I think she will come back. Way to popular in Melee and this was one of the reasons Sheik returned in Brawl. Fan demand.
8. Ganondorf - No matter the look, he will also return. He completes the Trilogy. I expect Toon Ganon because he is just more awesome. He can have similar moves to Normal Ganondorf in Brawl, but with more Toon Styled moves.
-Other then that, Tingle is the only other character I see worth being in for the Zelda series. But given the character limit of 45. More series is better.

CUT: Young Link - Replaced by Toon Link in Brawl. No purpose now.
CUT: Toon Link - While cool. He does not add much unless is retooled heavily. He also showed up in a stage thus far.

Pokemon Series
9. Pikachu - Announced
10. Jigglypuff - Was in SSB64. Part of the uncutable 12.
11. Mewtwo / Newtwo X / Newtwo Y. - One moveset with three different stat variations would work. Also have different hit boxes, speed, float, attack strength and this could be a great moveset. Down B should change form.
12/13/14 - Pokemon Trainer (Ivy, Char, Squ) - I give him back his space. If I go with a positive roster space, he can have his fame back. Sakurai also really liked the idea enough to stress it in brawl.
-Other then that, It is just a pick your pokemon fest. People wanted Deoxys in Brawl, Zorock in this one, people want other starting pokemon, etc. Go with what we have plus newmew. It is most realistic.

CUT: Mewtwo (melee) - his Melee moveset could return, but given the transform mechanic, it would have to be retooled.
CUT: Lucario - He has fans. But there is nothing special about him. Even Mudkips has fans. Zorock was the star of a movie also and the newest star of a movie is .. Mewtwo. So he is low on the totem pole.
CUT: Pichu - Goodbye dan. I want him as DLC.

Donkey Kong Series
15. Donkey Kong - Announced
16./17. Diddy and Dixie - Diddy plays the same, but he has a follower that can be tagged in and out. It represents the Gameplay in DKC-R perfectly. Dixie has her own moves though.
-Other - King K Rool has a chance. But I think not. Nintendo seems to be loosening up on the Krimlins, but not enough in most regards.

Fire Emblem Series
18. Marth - Poster boy of the series
19. Lucina - Female.
-Other - Many.

CUT: Roy - He was cut in melee. He can stay cut. He is a lost hat.
CUT: Ike - He is ike. He is old hat also. Replace him with the newest lord and move on.

Yoshi Series
20. Yoshi - ITs Yoshi of course.
-Other - No. Even if people want to say Kamek, just no. It is diving into the barrel on this one.

Wario Series
21. Wario - Its wario. He and Super Wario were great. He will stay.
-Other - No. Same as with the Yoshi series.

OTHER (1 rep series)
22. ROB - He is a retro rep with a unique moveset.
23. Mr. Game and Watch - He was in melee and Brawl
24. Pikmin and Olimar - He is unique. With new pikmin type, he can have an expanded moveset.
25. Wii Fit Trainer - Best character so far. Announced
26. Villager - Announced
27. Ice Climbers - Unique and cool. I know Diddy and Dixie would remove some of the uniquness, but one could argue that PT took that from Zelda/Shiek.
-Other: To many to count. Takamaru, Lip, Dillon, Lil Mac (I cut him.)

Kid Icarus Series
28. Pit - Announced
-Other - Palutina maybe. Maybe. Other then that, not much to add.

Metroid Series
29./30. Samus / ZSS - Announced and cool feature in Brawl.
-Other - Ridley is most requested. I hope so, but probably not going to happen. if Yellow devil is a boss, then Ridley most likely will be a boss.

Mother Series
31. Ness - Part of the SSB64 group
32. Lucas - Can be made more original. He got a reprieve for the reason that sakurai seems to really like the mother series.
-Other. No.

Star Fox
33. Fox - Announced
34. Falco - Most popular Character aside from Fox
-Other: Maybe wolf or Krystal. depends on how much work Sakurai gets done.

CUT: Wolf - Its wolf. We have Fox and Falco in our bunch already. He is nothing more then a generic SF character.

Kirby Series
35. Kirby - Announced
36. Meta-knight - Sakurai created and in brawl. People like him, just not how broken he is.
37. King Dedede - Finish off the trio.
-Other. No. The rest is scraping.

F-zero series
38. Captain Falcon - in SSB64.
-Other. No. The series is not as popular as before. Black Shadow if anyone.

3rd Party Characters
39. Megaman - announced
40. Sonic - sega seems to be loving Nintendo right now
41. Snake - Sakurai's friend might go for the favor again
42. Pac-man - Could get it.

So, I end with 42. I am going to update my picture to reflect these changes, but only after I finish my programming work.

Since I am willing to goto 45. I will add.
Ridley.
and two other new Ips. I need to do some research on the new ones. But no more than 45.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Im gonna go oldschool.

Mario series:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
I think mario will get another rep. Just seems sensible, if not BJ, then PM.

Loz Series:
Link
Classic Link
Ganondorf
Zelda/Sheik
Pos. Tingle
I believe tooon link is cut, but I think we have to have two links. Its just...a formula I guess. Unless he wants to add Ghirahim or something, which I don't see plausable and would dislike alot. Tingle because obvious zelda rep.

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Pos. Rival Trainer
Mewtwo returns of course. Fixed. And I half expect another pokemon trainer to join with types counteracting the first, from a different region.

Kirby:
Kirby
Metaknight
King DeDeDe
Self explanatory

Donkey Kong:
DK
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool or other DK character
I expect DK to get another rep. It's just K. Rool has been in the shadows for a while. Poor guy...

Star Fox series:
Fox
Wolf
Falco
Self explanatory

Earthbound:
Ness
Lucas
The series is dead. No new people.

Metroid:
Samus
Ridley
Because its about fokkin' time.

Kid Icarus:
Pit
Palutena or Medusa
It'll get a new rep. I just don't know who it'll be before these two.

Pikmin:
Olimar
Pos. Alph
It's just complicated with the new pikmin and all. It's possible, but I really see them just revamping Olimar.

AC:
Villager
Self explanatory

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Chrom
Chrom will make it, but he has no reason to replace ike contrary to popular belief.

Wario:
Wario
Pos. wario ware character
Hopefully Jimmy T.

One rep series:
C. Falcon
R.O.B
Yoshi
Little Mac
Wii Fit Trainer
Mr. G&W
Pos. Dillon
Pos. Takamaru
Because little mac shoe in. Dillon = cool new IP sakurai has been looking for, plus a wtf for general audiances. Takamaru because retro.

Third Party:
Sonic
Megaman
Snake
Pacman
Because gaming icon.

Sorry abot the lay-man wording. Im exhausted.

D

Deleted member

When do we stop using the recentness argument against Ike and Lucario when they've clearly have made recent appearance (and in Lucario's case, has been heavily promoted)? And space isn't the issue here, we can get over fifty characters when all said and done (transformation included).
Acknowledging the possibility of cuts to make room for newcomers is hardly taking anything "to its extremes." Frankly, losing Toon Link, Ike, Lucario, Lucas, and even Wolf is a fairly modest cut, regardless of anyone's personal opinions on these characters. Doesn't mean its a sure thing, but the possibility is not insignificant.
Only Toon Link would work as a "modest" cut. Everyone else would result in a large back lash.

At worst I see three cuts. Four ONLY if time constraints requires it. And beside, how can anyone call Lucario, Ike, Lucas and Wolf easy cuts but Snake and Sonic? They're guests for crying out loud; they're going to get the lowest priority.
<3

Swear I'll PM you and SSBF soon with what I have ready for an update. I think Probable Character Roster is going to look really good soon. It's on my priority for things to do.
Looking forward to it. I'd like to see where this goes.
This is a... different post from the usual argumentation here.

This is a tier list of all veterans from Super Smash Bros.
I imagined myself in Sakurai's place regarding the veterans and started thinking on who should have more priority than whom.

Confirmed characters: Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Bowser and Pit

God tier characters - The ones that are very important to their series and to Nintendo overall. These are the least likely to get cut and, if I was Sakurai, I would give utmost priority to these characters.

Yoshi, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Peach, Zelda/Sheik, Marth, Ganondorf, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Diddy Kong and King Dedede

High tier characters - Not as important, but still highly iconic. This second batch contains lesser known characters from Melee and some Brawl newcomers that aren't as important to their franchises.

Ness, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, Mr. Game & Watch, Falco, Meta Knight, Pokémon Trainer, R.O.B. and Wolf

Middle tier characters - These have their share of popularity, but their importance is not as great as the ones above.

Roy, Lucas, Ike, Lucario and Jigglypuff

Low tier characters - The ones with least importance and third party characters. The latter have lower priority due to licensing issues. These would be the likeliest to not return.

Dr. Mario, Young Link, Pichu, Toon Link, Snake and Sonic

This list is, of course, biased, since it's an hypothetical situation where I was thinking "what priority would I give to the veterans, if I was Sakurai?"

If anyone wants to share any thoughts on this list, just fire away.
I like this list. Only thing I would do is put Lucas and Jigglypuff in High Tier. I doubt we will be seeing them going at all whereas Roy, Ike and Lucario at least have a chance of not showing up.
thethirdkoopa said:
Fixed.​
Alright, so here's my question: If you were doing the roster, what direction would you prefer? Let's say you have to pick only one. More new franchise characters, or more characters added to current franchises? Be minded, if you say pick more new franchise characters, a few (Very slim though) could be added to more characters with current franchises and vice-versa.​
I want to actually see some really interesting posts on this.​
If I had to pick, I would go with newer series.​
Really, at this rate, there are so few great existing series choices left. The confirmation of Mega Man, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are all from new series and if the leak is to believed, Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii are also in. That's six already and we have not even gotten a retro character yet (which we are going to get) and there are still plenty of good misc. Nintendo characters left (and I would expect one of Shulk/Isaac/Saki/Starfy to get in as well, possibly two of them). Existing series? Ridley, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong and Palutena are pretty much it for great newcomers for existing series. While there is Mewtwo and Roy, they're veterans, so they kinda don't count. Not to say there aren't good choices aside from those five, but it is clear that we are running out of existing series choices. Mega Man, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer all being from new series, while only three newcomers, is quite telling when we got no existing series newcomers along with it.​
Like I said before, 40-45 characters will be the limit.
You have no proof that this roster won't be above more than forty-five characters. Sakurai has not said anything about limiting the roster size recently, so you're just assuming.
He has also not once guaranteed that everyone will return.
That's not the same thing as announcing cuts. For all we know, he may just be saying that not all Melee cut veterans will return, which is possible.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would say that Sonic would still come back as a playable character, or at least I hope so. He's an iconic character and rather popular. Even if I'm not that big of a fan of his series, I can still recognize that. But certain improvements need to be made to his moveset. Snake might only comeback if Kojima wants him in again, otherwise Sakurai could dump him for any needed space.
(Also if Sonic gets cut you can only imagine the amount of negative backlash that some of the crazier fans will dish out all over the internet. Ugh.That would be annoying as crap)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Sounds slightly pretentious but whatever.

Huh?

If anyone can get into the backroom, then what is the point of a backroom? It is set aside for the purpose of avoiding clutter and nonsense. That isn't pretentious at all conceptually and it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
This is something I considered the other day:

SSB: Had 12 characters.
SSBM: Added 14.
SSBB: Dropped 4 characters, updated 3, and added 18.

Now it´s SSBU/3DS: If several drops are made, I can easily see 15-20 adds tops (20 so that it barely tops Brawl´s inclusions).
I don't think the roster will be less than 50 this time, unless a LOT of veterans are dropped. Let's say:

8 characters are dropped (Toon Link, Lucario, Ike, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Lucas, Snake ) ,
6 are updated (reworked) (Ganon, Bowser, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Mewtwo, Sonic),
and 20 characters are added (Mega Man, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, etc... Won't go into detail right now)

We´re left with a 49 character roster.. And a most likely RANDOM button.

I know it seems sort of vague, and completely pulled out of my ***, but this is how I estimate how the roster will look (without going into detail of the newcomers).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Why are we dropping eight characters again?

Just a "most extreme scenario". I considered that they would go for new franchises, balance between handheld-console characters, give priority to new material over old, and some other things.

Again, this is blowing the possibility proportions quite a bit. But in the end, I'm sticking with the 50 Slot spaces in the roster. It just seems right this time. (Especially trying to add just a tiny bit more Newcomers than in Brawl... Otherwise Sakurai wouldn't be THIS stressed, right?)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
My ALL NEW Roster!!!

I would be mostly fine with this to tell you the truth. However Ninten, an extra Mario character, and four Fire Emblem characters don't sit right with me. Especially since you're doubling what we already have for Metroid (and that is if you consider ZSS as a separate character). If you want my opinion, I'd either expand LoZ and Pokemon to equalize with Mario or switch off Paper Mario and a couple of your less supported existing character for other IPs not yet represented in Smash

ITS GETS A 7.7 OUTTA DAN FROM ME.

If I had to pick new characters, not many would come to mind.
Dillon would be cool. He could take sonics moveset I think. Not to sure because I have no idea about him.
This is the main reason why I'm beginning to dislike you.
You say: "I think this would be cool! Maybe they'd do this and that" or "They could have been more like this but they play too much like that" but you don't KNOW ANYTHING about said characters.

Earlier you said you thought Ike played differently than what Radiant Dawn portrayed him to play as, but you said BEFORE that statement, that you never even PLAYED Fire Emblem.

I can't take anything you say seriously unless you do the research on the gawd daym characters you put into your roster.

Check your profile -> Social Groups -> And you're done.
>You are not in any User Groups
...Forever Alone...

Clogon

Smash Rookie
I predict mewtwo will comeback:

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1970393/pokemon_in_super_smash_bros_how_theyre_selected.html
Given there's over 600 Pokemon, it isn't feasible to include everyone single one in Super Smash Bros, for obvious reasons.
So how are Pokemon selected for inclusion in the series?
"Well first of all, we talk with the Pokemon company," explained designer Masahiro Sakurai when we put the question to him. "What’s the hot Pokemon? What Pokemon are in the movies right now? And really do a lot of research on that front.
"For example, X and Y are coming out – of course, we haven’t done any market research because they’re not out yet, but we look at the animated series or movies and anything like that and again, find out which ones are going to be central to any of conversations in Pokemon going forward.
"But it’s not just that – going back to just what we talked about, what’s unique about them? Where do they fit in with the rest of everything else? What do they have? It’s a combination of those things."
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34700
After a brief moment of silence, Ishihara and Masuda answered by saying they don’t have anything to announce about the new Pokémon (Mewtwo’s new form) today, and that they can’t speak on its appearance in other games. Sakurai then shouted out, from the audience, “We are thinking about it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly, if anyone thinks that Dillon would be a clone of Sonic simply isn't paying attention to what he could do outside of spinning into a ball. At the very least he can borrow underground for one of his special attacks. And most of his A-attacks could be claw-based. He also has access to various weapons like dynamite and freezing crystals. He could even use the "Home" and "Shield" crystals too.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm talking about the whole deemed worthy bit. I also said slightly.

Well of course I am referring to the deemed worthy bit as well, what else would be my point? Since not everyone can get in, it necessarily becomes a matter of whether or not it is worth adding someone in. It can't be pretentious or even slightly unless you find the definition of a backroom pretentious or slightly pretentious.

Branman64

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9628-5739

Hi. New here. Got sick of /v/ being absolutely daft and looked up a good forum for Smash Bros.

I put the above together about a week ago...

Notes:

1) Roy is back because he was my favorite in Melee and I still (foolishly) hold out hope for his return. He played so differently from Marth despite the same moves, a completely different experience.

2) May works like Red does, but she's got a Snivy, Quilava & Swampert. This coupled with Lucario staying and Mewtwo's Final Smash turning him into his "Awakened" Forme, I've got all the Pokemon generations covered.

3) Masked Link also has a similar feel to Red (I loved the idea of Pokemon Trainer in Brawl, one of my favorites easily), but changes between the Deku, Zora & Goron masks, putting on the Fierce Deity temporarily for the Final Smash.

What do you guys think?
Thanks for redirecting me here. Anyways I agree with you with your reply but I don't think Beyonetta fits because of her design.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I would also like to know why you want Birdo in the game. I'm not judging your opinon i just want to know.
I think that (s)he's an interesting enough character that could be largely projectile based, perhaps the eggs hold a random item in them or something. I think it's something that could work, a unique character like MegaMan looks to be.

Branman64

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9628-5739
I think that (s)he's an interesting enough character that could be largely projectile based, perhaps the eggs hold a random item in them or something. I think it's something that could work, a unique character like MegaMan looks to be.
Yeah that sounds cool. I was just asking because your the only person I've seen who wants Birdo in it.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Honestly, if anyone thinks that Dillon would be a clone of Sonic simply isn't paying attention to what he could do outside of spinning into a ball. At the very least he can borrow underground for one of his special attacks. And most of his A-attacks could be claw-based. He also has access to various weapons like dynamite and freezing crystals. He could even use the "Home" and "Shield" crystals too.

I have no idea who he is, what he is in or why he is popular. I just know he exists and he reminded me of sonic when I saw him.
There is him and Shulk that I keep seeing around. No idea who either of them are.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just as a tip, you fellas may want to take this to the Discussion thread. You only get one post in the display thread, so a mod will likely move these posts. Just giving you guys a heads up!

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I have no idea who he is, what he is in or why he is popular. I just know he exists and he reminded me of sonic when I saw him.
There is him and Shulk that I keep seeing around. No idea who either of them are.
Dillon could possibly be a semi clone, as far as specials are concerned. they both do have rolling moves but they can be given different properties in order to differentiate from eachother. like Dillon has grinding and claw moves while Sonic obviously doesnt. Shulk, i've never been extremely sold on myself. ive played Xenoblade and while i think he'd be a fine addition to smash, there's nothing about him that really warrants an inclusion to me. Dillon could be past up as well but i think he does stand a slightly better chance. its just a feeling, take that for what it is.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Dillon could possibly be a semi clone, as far as specials are concerned. they both do have rolling moves but they can be given different properties in order to differentiate from eachother. like Dillon has grinding and claw moves while Sonic obviously doesnt. Shulk, i've never been extremely sold on myself. ive played Xenoblade and while i think he'd be a fine addition to smash, there's nothing about him that really warrants an inclusion to me. Dillon could be past up as well but i think he does stand a slightly better chance. its just a feeling, take that for what it is.

So, Shulk is from a boring RPG and Dillon will suffer the same fate as starfy. Good character, but no respect. Sucks. He sounds cool. What game is he from. I want to check it out.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
So, Shulk is from a boring RPG and Dillon will suffer the same fate as starfy. Good character, but no respect. Sucks. He sounds cool. What game is he from. I want to check it out.
Dillon's Rolling Western and Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger. they are Eshop games. plus from an astethic point of view Dillon is far more interesting i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom