• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How can I access the backtoom? I don't want to be stuck with all these cut-happy people and terrible character requesters. Don't leave me aloooone.... D:

Yeah, we won't know what is going to happen, it is quite assuring that he is going to try and bring back as many characters as he can though. ^_^
You have already been invited to be in the backroom, actually. Did you accept it?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
How can I access the backtoom? I don't want to be stuck with all these cut-happy people and terrible character requesters. Don't leave me aloooone.... D:

Yeah, we won't know what is going to happen, it is quite assuring that he is going to try and bring back as many characters as he can though. ^_^
I'm still with you.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Well looks like this thread will lose steam...

Its called censorship usually.

Still. With 40-45 characters. Even with no cuts, that means that we have 39 + 3 already new. So roughly 2 extra spaces for the unknown.

Ridley would be good, but I am hoping for bosses. Yellow Devil would be wasted as an Assist or a stage Hazard. A personalized story mode for each series/character would be great.
If not Ridley as a boss, then Mother Brain.

If I had to pick new characters, not many would come to mind.
Dillon would be cool. He could take sonics moveset I think. Not to sure because I have no idea about him.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
If you guys are discussing stuff in the backroom, I guess invite me, because like I said this thread will die without the usual posters. (Ive already posted my rosters so really I just post in response to others currently.)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
What happens in the backroom?

It will be a continuation of this topic, except a place where everyone can agree on the same things.
That is the general idea. A place to avoid those who disagree with them.

Still, I fail to see why a roster of 40-45 is such a bad thing. People getting their hopes up to much. Still, if Nintendo joins the future and supports DLC the roster of 40-45 could easily jump to 55-60. Depends on what Nintendo really wants to do with the game.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
You're not fooling me guys.. :p

It will be a continuation of this topic, except a place where everyone can agree on the same things.
That is the general idea. A place to avoid those who disagree with them.

Still, I fail to see why a roster of 40-45 is such a bad thing. People getting their hopes up to much. Still, if Nintendo joins the future and supports DLC the roster of 40-45 could easily jump to 55-60. Depends on what Nintendo really wants to do with the game.
Because Smash attracts people with the characters, and if there are not enough new characters, people won't buy it.
I prefer that there were no cuts at all to relief some Smash fans.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Because Smash attracts people with the characters, and if there are not enough new characters, people won't buy it.
I prefer that there were no cuts at all to relief some Smash fans.

40-45 characters is still more than Brawl and Melee. The characters are there.
It is not like the game is completely lost if Ike gets cut. People still survive Brawl. I mained Roy, Mewtwo and Dr. Mario in Melee. That did not transition over. I moved to King Dedede and Random.

Characters are still there.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The formes are going to have their own distinct pros and cons. For example, Normal Forme Mewtwo would be much heavier than its Awakened Forme, along with have a stronger shield resistance, albeit not being as powerful offensively.

The scenario is not too different from that of Zelda and Sheik, with Sheik being much more nimble, while Zelda has more attacks that pack a bigger punch.
Eh, I still think it makes more sense to just have it as the new form the whole time. By the way why do you have Skyward Zelda and Ocarina Ganondorf?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Not if you count them individual from form to Pokemon. That would be about less than 5 newcomers in variety.

That is the 39 of brawl. About 6 new comers fit in that space of 45. We have 3 new ones so far.

Still, The whole point of mentioning cuts is to make sure people are not spamming as many characters as possible. We will not get 50-55. At most, I see 50. But that is pushing it. Sakurai and his team have roughly a year and a half to finish off the game and alot can happen during that time. (or in case of character, not alot meaning in cuts.)

I made a list of 40. Someone said safe. That is fair. I think it is realistic. That does not mean I am open to more. Just not more than 45.

In fact, I had a large debate on PT. I think he would get cut, but the opposing person argued that Sakurai was to fond of the character. So I am thinking he might not. I was thinking of cutting Pacman from my list to put PT back in (that or Lil mac.) That would make my list 42 characters strong. Which is reasonable.

Eh, I still think it makes more sense to just have it as the new form the whole time. By the way why do you have Skyward Zelda and Ocarina Ganondorf?
But Old form Mewtwo looks so much cooler. That and it could be an interesting gameplay mechanic to have him transform. Could really add something to the game if done correctly.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't think anyone is expecting more than 50 characters, at least I hope not. That is definitely pushing it and likely setting yourself up for disappointment. I can see the roster have about 45 characters at most not including transformations. Maaaybe 50 IF we are lucky... which we likely won't.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I don't think anyone is expecting more than 50 characters, at least I hope not. That is definitely pushing it and likely setting yourself up for disappointment. I can see the roster have about 45 characters at most not including transformations. Maaaybe 50 IF we are lucky... which we likely won't.

Sounds about right to me. The key is to figure out who will fill each spot.

I am not so on the up with the newer Nintendo IP's. So I am not sure who is good anymore.
I know who I wanted in Brawl.

Starfy, Ray 01, Diskun and Andy.

Now I hear about Dillon. He seems interesting. And Skunk I think it was.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Based on numbers and increase for each game, I can see a number around 53 including transformations, etc. That will be an increase of 14 characters.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In a way to make the reasoning more sense, Skyward Sword Zelda is the very first incarnation of the goddess Hylia, while Ocarina of Time Ganondorf is the very first incarnation of Demise's hatred towards Hylia, along with her chosen hero.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
In a way to make the reasoning more sense, Skyward Sword Zelda is the very first incarnation of the goddess Hylia, while Ocarina of Time Ganondorf is the very first incarnation of Demise's hatred towards Hylia, along with her chosen hero.

If Link is from TP/SS. Zelda should represent OoT/MM. Then Ganondorf could represent Toon games. He looked the most awesome in those games and duel blading would be cool.

Why would I be disappointed if there were more than 50 characters, with Namco Bandai easily helping out the balancing?

more than 45 is unreasonable given time and such. Pray for DLC if we want more.
I say 40-45.
The other dude said 45-50.

So those are the ranges that make most sense.
More than 50 is just not probable.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Don't think people realize that Namco Bandai helping with the game isn't going to magically make 50+ characters more likely. Balance has nothing to do with it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I remember hearing that Sakurai had mentioned Mewtwo recently. Not sure if it's true though. Here's the link. Though I suggest not bothering with the comments honestly. But basically, Mewtwo is also being considered for the new Smash game, now the question is whether or not Sakurai will have the time to add most if not all of the characters that he wanted in a Smash Bros game.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Yeah, I remember hearing that Sakurai had mentioned Mewtwo recently. Not sure if it's true though. Here's the link. Though I suggest not bothering with the comments honestly. But basically, Mewtwo is also being considered for the new Smash game, now the question is whether or not Sakurai will have the time to add most if not all of the characters that he wanted in a Smash Bros game.

And if not, will we get DLC. Thanks for the link.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
They're not gonna do that. It's gonna stay the way it is. That's just not how they choose what versions.

I can't invite people. Only the group owner can.

It's entirely out of my influence. Kikwi had already been invited before.
Tell him to invite me. I have a new roster that people will like and I'm sick of the discussion on this thread.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
They're not gonna do that. It's gonna stay the way it is. That's just not how they choose what versions.

Most likely, what will happen is everyone will end like they did in Brawl. A hybrid.
Zelda will be a mixture TP and SS. Shiek will be all new again unless they wish to change her to something else.
Ganondorf will look like his newest form.

And if we get Toon Link, he will be Toon Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom