• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think it's more so that every character after E3 has had a game link at the bottom. With Marth there are three options. Promote Shadow Dragon, a really old DS game. Promote SMT X FE, which has no information revealed yet. Or promote Awakening. Awakening is the only game link that makes sense.
Peach has no link at the bottom of her pro-

DA FUQ?!?!

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/peach.html

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!?

She's now advertising 3D World!

What's going on?!?

courte

Smash Lord
the kirby and mario franchises and even pokemon gave us the opportunity to play as characters for the most part never before playable. meta knight dedede bowser and mewtwo. hell we played as the bosses. not to mention ganondorf. i'm just kinda bummed out that the franchise nintendo has with perhaps more characters than any other, i've got to deal with marth again, a character who damn near half of the lords in FE's history could fight identical to just by holding the sword Falchion! if i never played a single fire emblem i'd never feel this way, but speaking for my endgame myrmidons, lyndis and hector and spellcasters, i feel a weird storm of outrage and familiar disappoint.

the kirby and mario franchises and even pokemon gave us the opportunity to play as characters for the most part never before playable. meta knight dedede bowser and mewtwo. hell we played as the bosses. not to mention ganondorf. i'm just kinda bummed out that the franchise nintendo has with perhaps more characters than any other, i've got to deal with marth again, a character who damn near half of the lords in FE's history could fight identical to just by holding the sword Falchion! if i never played a single fire emblem i'd never feel this way, but speaking for my endgame myrmidons, lyndis and hector and spellcasters, i feel a weird storm of outrage and familiar disappoint.

only because brawl came out, and melee had introduced me to some many other franchises i'd never known about and characters i'd hadn't heard of, will this roster be perhaps personally the most disappointing. that's ok though. i thought i'd play this game like i did melee, with that fervor. but i'm ok with getting this as a diehard nintendopehead

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

DA FUQ?!?!

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!?

What's going on?!?
Sakurai is not going to reveal any new newcomers this year... maybe not until E3 2014... so even if Toad is not confirmed when Super Mario 3D World comes out, it does not mean he is 100% deconfirmed.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I have a theory. Sakurai wanted to reveal Peach near the release of 3D World, but he also wanted to reaveal Zelda for the release of A Link Between Worlds, problem was they had the same realese date. Not wanting them both to be revealed back to back he choose to reveal Peach on her anniversary instead, and will reveal Zelda when a Link Between Worlds comes out.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well I'll be damned! I had a hunch that we would see a veteran reveal today. Did I expect Marth? Hell no!

Looks awesome, though, and I'm thrilled they added him. Also, was there any reason they added him today? Any special occasion?

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace

DA FUQ?!?!

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!?

What's going on?!?

Well, it appears we have a mystery to solve, gang.

My instinctual reaction is that any promotional advertisement (or lack thereof) can be subject to change at any point and time, as long as it is apropos.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
When did the 3D World website go up? Maybe it just wasn't ready until recently so they couldn't link to it...

Well this confirms we won't be getting a new Mario character tie in for 3D World(which many of us presumed we weren't getting any newcomers this year anyway), and it seems to also mess up the cross promotional releases of characters meaning a character can be revealed without a game having just come out;
My previous thought on Wario being the character reveal for Mario Kart 8 has just flown out the window now he might just as well be advertising Game and Wario.

Also how many guys has Peach been fawning over now? Mario, Link, Marth...Fox?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
My previous thought on Wario being the character reveal for Mario Kart 8 has just flown out the window now he might just as well be advertising Game and Wario.
Riddle me this: if we see Wario being promoted for Mario Kart 8, would you find it plausible that there could be a new Wario character?

But yeah, I doubt we'd see any new Mario character now. I mean, we could see Paper Mario or Bowser Jr., but that'd be oddly placed. Granted, I feel like there is a good chance we'll see a newcomer, just not in this month. Maybe he's saving up for Zelda.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Riddle me this: if we see Wario being promoted for Mario Kart 8, would you find it plausible that there could be a new Wario character?
Hmmmm...

I'm honestly finding it hard to picture another Wario character in the game outside Assist Trophies, even though I do quite like Captain Syrup(and obviously Waluigi doesn't count)...I wouldn't hold my breath however.

It's funny how something as small as this throws a spanner in the works. Even though Marth was basically guarenteed, the fact he's cross promoted with a game that didn't get released at that exact moment makes newcomers harder to judge too. We're now questioning if Chrom's such a sure thing, what it means for future newcomer/veteran reveals since they could essentially be whenever. When Peach was first revealed it was the anniversary of Super Mario brothers wasn't it?

Is today relevent to Fire Emblem at all, or is this seemingly just to get some obvious picks out the way?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Maybe Marth is advertising Awakening, so Chrom can advertise Shig Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Maybe Marth is advertising Awakening, so Chrom can advertise Shig Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
That's quite possible. I'm expecting at least to hear more about it in a January Direct, which would be one year after its announcement if I'm not mistaken. Definitely not expecting Chrom before that.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
For Roster Maker.

the kirby and mario franchises and even pokemon gave us the opportunity to play as characters for the most part never before playable. meta knight dedede bowser and mewtwo.
How to Mewtwo fit that description?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
lol at the people on /v/ crying that their precious waifu Lucina wasn't revealed first. There's still hope for an alt skin if it won't be Roy.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

DA FUQ?!?!

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!?

What's going on?!?
THAT'S IT. NOTHING IS SACRED. HE FIGURED US OUT. EVERYTHING HAS GONE TO ****!

Seriously though, back to bed for me. I'll discuss this with you all later. Great to see Marth. He looks like a ****ing badass.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
My predictions have been going very great so far, actually, I was expecting a somewhat different character in early November.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
just woke up to see marth's fabulous face. in HD . . . . .
who the H*** saw him coming? whats his reason of being revealed?
well anyway its good to see another one of my mains return, along with a bad*** design to boot

Knowwuh

Smash Cadet
Well I'll be damned! I had a hunch that we would see a veteran reveal today. Did I expect Marth? Hell no!

Looks awesome, though, and I'm thrilled they added him. Also, was there any reason they added him today? Any special occasion?
The first Fire Emblem game released outside of Japan hit North America on November 3, 2003...but that's a bit of a stretch when it comes to finding a pattern.

When did the 3D World website go up? Maybe it just wasn't ready until recently so they couldn't link to it...
I believe the Super Mario 3D World website went live yesterday.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well this came out of nowhere. Again, it shows just how erratic Sakurai is this time around.

Marth was pretty much obvious to return.

Aside from Marth's page having a link to FE13, does anyone else think Marth's face this time around is eerily similar to Chrom's, particularly the eyes?

Sakurai deciding to use Peach to retroactively promote 3D World has greatly hindered my hope of us seeing Toad two weeks from now.

Still, very happy to see Marth confirmed to return.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well we do have an array of anniversaries this month:
- Little Mac (though maybe too soon for a newcomer)
- Captain Falcon
- Diddy Kong

We also have the release of Super Mario 3D World (though again newcomers might be too soon), and A Link Between Worlds (Zelda).

However, its possible Marth is our only character for this month, and Zelda is being saved for December to tie in with A Link Between World's Japanese release.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't think the Awakening advertisement thing de-confirms Chrom, and I still think he has a decent shot for Smash 4.

However, I do think it de-confirms the whole "Chrom needs to be in because he would help advertise FE13", since apparently, Marth does that just fine.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Wooo Marth!

Hmm that is sorta wierd.
Want to know more about Marth? Visit this game that doesn't actually feature Marth>

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Aside from Marth's page having a link to FE13, does anyone else think Marth's face this time around is eerily similar to Chrom's, particularly the eyes?
The Japanese site links to FE12 page instead, curiously enough. Then again, FE12 is Japan-only...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom