• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Snake won't be a low priority character. Either he's in, or for some reason, he would be cut. Which while possible, doesn't seem probable. He's not even my favorite character by any means. But I see no reason to cut him unless Sakurai or Kojima/Konami wish for it to happen. And how likely is that?

Going a bit off topic here for one second. Does anyone know some kind of way to delete Google+ WITHOUT deleting an Email account or ESPECIALLY a Youtube account? It seems like I can't do that anymore. I really don't want an account to a website I don't plan on using.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Marth has a "Visit the official site for Fire Emblem: Awakening!" link at the bottom of his profile.

Thoughts?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Marth has a "Visit the official site for Fire Emblem: Awakening!" link at the bottom of his profile.

Thoughts?
Sakurai read my thread...

He was just angry I figured him out...

I'll figure out this new strategy soon..

Hueh Hueh Hueh....

So... Don't mean to double post, but I feel this is worth mentioning...

Marth's page is advertising Awakening.

No Awakening character?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Really though, his character model looks amazing.

No Awakening character?
Well Marth(?) is a major character in Awakening and was to be expected to return by a majority of the fanbase. My guess is that he's just a safe reveal to pass the time and he fit the bill for Fire Emblem Advertisement.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

No Awakening character?
I was hoping to call attention to that. The odds of us getting someone from Awakening aren't necessarily dead, but Chrom's stock as being the super obvious shoo-in whose sole value is advertising a "new" game has taken a tumble IMO.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Seems like they want to confirm as many sure-fire characters (and toon link) for promotional purposes and everyone else will be either right before the game comes out or unlockables.

So I'd imagine Roy/Ike/Chrom/MyUnit will appear closer to a Fire Emblem announcement next year or be in the game as unlockable

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

No Awakening character?
I'm not certain it means anything for an Awakening character. A few other characters have recent games of their series advertised on their page (like the WW HD on Toon Link's page) but it is worth pondering.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Well I'm pretty happy for the reveal of Marth and the new design is amazing I hope the other Fire Emblem characters that will be playable receive the same love.
.n_n.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35

No Awakening character?
I wouldn't go that far just yet, but seeing Marth look so good I would be hyped to see what Roy would look like.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Marth's such a heartbreaker.

I'm hesitant to say that his connection to Awakening really hurts Chrom's chances, rather I think the idea is that he's important to the storyline and could help advertise it while Chrom would be a newcomer so he'd hold off on him.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
It's kind of weird that Marth's advertising a game he's only in as DLC. Though I guess he is referenced quite a bit in the main game. What's also weird is that this is the first time a character is advertising an older game.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
People need to start realizing that a game that has been for even less than a year is not old especially because the life of the games and in many cases the Nintendo ones can last long in the market and continue selling (<.<), just saying.
.n_n.

courte

Smash Lord
i've known probably for a month what this game was going to be, but still i hold out hope for something new to change things up.
the redesign does look quite nice though

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
People need to start realizing that a game that has been for even less than a year is not old especially because the life of the games and in many cases the Nintendo ones can last long in the market and continue selling (<.<), just saying.
.n_n.
The game is older than other games previously advertised. That's all I was saying.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

No Awakening character?
It could definitely hint at it. Chrom definitely doesn't seem like such a sure-fire character anymore. Seeing Marth on the 3DS Awakening stage on his profile 3DS picture seems a bit iffy too. It certainly doesn't help Chrom.

This is why I feel as if Snake isn't going to be cut. Especially because the circumstances of his inclusion are essentially the same as they were for Brawl quite honestly. There aren't any truly good reasons to leave him out, but I've already typed my walls o' text about all that.
Taking a sidestep away from Marth for a second. Another thing worth mentioning is that Sakurai stated that in June or July that no characters had been cut yet, which means that he has the rights to work with Snake, since you'd want to get those rights early on in development, or else you'll end up with another Brawl Sonic situation. Once you get those rights, you don't just back out, which means that Snake is most likely in, and probably of higher priority than most would guess, just like Sonic's early reveal Snake is likely much further along than we'd expect.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Marth looks amazing. I had a good feeling for today, I just woke up from an anxious dream. Can anybody tell me which stage is it in the picture with Peach? Venus OtDB and others posted it earlier. I can't figure out where it is, but it shouldn't be a new stage, there'd be at least another picture on it. Also, I don't think this affects any FE characters chances.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Marth looks amazing. I had a good feeling for today, I just woke up from an anxious dream. Can anybody tell me which stage is it in the picture with Peach? Venus OtDB and others posted it earlier. I can't figure out where it is, but it shouldn't be a new stage, there'd be at least another picture on it. Also, I don't think this affects any FE characters chances.
I think it's Skyloft.

courte

Smash Lord
.n_n.
everyone knows. i don't think that theres a single person who isn't aware. this issue lies with the fact that this, as well as pokemon x+y, fly in the face of any sakurai prediction theories or patterns anyone has tried to construct or follow. people are better off trying not to figure it out. every other character with a game was revealed when their new title launched. pokemon got nothing for x+y and this is months late.
You don't chart the Sakurai. You simply wait for his divine benevolence

Espio264

Smash Ace
I think it's Skyloft.
Now that you say it, those leaves in the back do look like Skyloft. Thanks.

If this hurt any other FE characters chances, especially a newcomer's, wouldn't there likely be a FE Wii U stage reveal with him? If Sakurai is saying with the Awakening link, "hey, this is for the most part, all there is to be excited about FE wise", what would be the point of holding it off until later? Though I guess that brings up the fact that the last FE home console game if I'm not mistaken was one of the 2 with Ike in it. A stage based on that would make sense to reveal with Ike down the line, if this indeed was where the proposed stage is based from.

courte

Smash Lord
Probably Fire Emblem will end with three playable characters, the thing is with who?
.n_n.
now that marth is in it, sadly i don't care who else will be in it. but for me it's always been more of what i don't want.
i've moved from i don't want marth to i don't want three blue haired swordman, or two for that matter. i know that those desires of mine will be destroyed

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Okay, I am not sure why some people thinks that Marth deconfirms Chrom... Sakurai is not revealing any newcomers at this time... that's why Marth is advertising Awakening.

Sakurai is not going to reveal any more newcomers till maybe next year... so even if Sakurai doesn't confirm Toad when Super Mario 3D World doesn't mean he is deconfirmed.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

No Awakening character?
I think it's more so that every character after E3 has had a game link at the bottom. With Marth there are three options. Promote Shadow Dragon, a really old DS game. Promote SMT X FE, which has no information revealed yet. Or promote Awakening. Awakening is the only game link that makes sense.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I want Marth and Ike for the third Fire Emblem character, Sakurai can surprise me, three of three Fire Emblem characters that have been playable in Smash have been fun for me, so I don't hold any grudge against the series.
.n_n.

courte

Smash Lord
I think it's more so that every character after E3 has had a game link at the bottom. With Marth there are three options. Promote Shadow Dragon, a really old DS game. Promote SMT X FE, which has no information revealed yet. Or promote Awakening. Awakening is the only game link that makes sense.
every character but megaman? or they can't put his last game because it was too long ago? i think street fighter x megaman should count. or maybe megaman xover... Capcom f#cking up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom