• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

?????????????

Smash Master
I don't think Marth's presence effects Chrom's/any other new Fire Emblem character's chances whatsoever. Not a bit.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
And I silently wait for Ike to be revealed.......Also, I guess Marth is cool and junk too.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Guys I think the reason Marth was linked to the Awakening website is because Sakurai wanted us to listen to the awesome music while seeing that our favorite swordsman has returned.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't think the Awakening advertisement thing de-confirms Chrom, and I still think he has a decent shot for Smash 4.

However, I do think it de-confirms the whole "Chrom needs to be in because he would help advertise FE13", since apparently, Marth does that just fine.
My sentiments exactly.

I'm really enjoying all the shocked reactions of the "relevance" crew. It's as if they hadn't stopped for even a moment to consider the possibility that a critically important veteran wouldn't be replaced by a similar-looking one-off.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
My sentiments exactly.

I'm really enjoying all the shocked reactions of the "relevance" crew. It's as if they hadn't stopped for even a moment to consider the possibility that a critically important veteran wouldn't be replaced by a similar-looking one-off.
Who thought Marth would be going anywhere?
Nobody on this blog I can tell you that.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ugh, I hate those guys. Such idiots. They also say K. Rool won't be in, and "Trixie Kong" will.
You heard me. "Trixie Kong."
Well, to be fair, it's not just them saying that...although you'd think they'd get Dixie's name right after she appeared in all those baseball games that make her so important.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well, to be fair, it's not just them saying that...although you'd think they'd get Dixie's name right after she appeared in all those baseball games that make her so important.
Right, K. Rool never played baseball, so he doesn't deserve to be in.
Oh wait...

D

Deleted member

So, how about dat pretty boy Marht.
For some reason he seems more manly to me with this appearance....

EDIT: Isn't it obvious, BKupa? Trixie Kong is the new Kong that will be in Tropical Freeze. :troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Would totally not be surprised to see Sakurai comment on Marth's more bulky appearance in a future pic, or even reference people taunting Marth for being feminine (like "People tend to make fun of Ganondorf for [not using his sword]").

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Would totally not be surprised to see Sakurai comment on Marth's more bulky appearance in a future pic, or even reference people taunting Marth for being feminine (like "People tend to make fun of Ganondorf for [not using his sword]").
They could say something to Marth about a sword too, but I won't go into detail...
:awesome:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It's a really good thing we got a reveal, because this thread was heading down the crapper. Now hopefully we can get Captain Falcon in a little while, and we'll see what happens then...

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I watched up to the Pokemon Trainer part and I barfed everywhere. Those two are complete idiots and clearly have no idea what they're talking about.
That's where I stopped watching, even though cutting Fire Emblem and Lucas made me already sick. This is the only place I trust with predictions about the game, and why I don't bother even talking about cuts, let alone putting them on my roster. No one from Brawl really deserves to be cut, the only reason I would see any of them being cut is time constraint.

No, it's the Male My Unit/Avatar character from FE13.
Most likely making a joke an=bout how similar he is to Ike in appearance.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Yeah, to be honest, and I don't know if this is a good thing or not...
But here at Smashboards we're the best at predicting rosters and cuts.
We're a lot smarter than YouTube, IGN, and GameFAQS, and I don't really bother with any other places.
That's why I'm here, we have common sense.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
We're a lot smarter than YouTube, IGN, and GameFAQS, and I don't really bother with any other places.
And even then we suck at predicting Sakurai. But at least we aren't making wild claims like saying Marth will be cut or that Shadow has a chance to be in the game. At least not the majority of us.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Basically, at Smashboards, we're great at determining the most obvious course of action Sakurai could take with these timed veteran reveals (e.g. revealing Luigi to coincide with Dream Team, Toon Link to coincide with WW:HD). It's then up to him whether he follows this course or goes off on a different one that we aren't expecting. So we're not horrible at guessing the reveals, though the Sakurai variable is larger than a lot of us seem to think.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
That's where I stopped watching, even though cutting Fire Emblem and Lucas made me already sick. This is the only place I trust with predictions about the game, and why I don't bother even talking about cuts, let alone putting them on my roster. No one from Brawl really deserves to be cut, the only reason I would see any of them being cut is time constraint.
Yeah, I mean I don't like PT, but he ain't gettin' the boot. ESPECIALLY with Charizard lumped into the mix
Now all we need is Ike and people can finally shut the **** up about him getting cut.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, today is truly a glorious day. Marth is confirmed in an awesome new look and I found a Shiny Metang in White 2 that I took the liberty to nickname "Burl Ives" Silver and Gold after all...today is simply GLORIOUS!

Anyways, to move onto the game discussion with Marth's return, I don't see any problems for Chrom's inclusion.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Here is my typical "think about it" post.

So far, we've seen 15 veterans (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Link, Toon Link, DK, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Pit, Olimar, Sonic, and now Marth)

There are 35 veteran characters in all if we're basing this off of Brawl's roster slots. So essentially, we have 20 slots left. Considering we have no diea when the game will be out, let's give it a hypothetical date of November 2014. That's 12 months to reveal anywhere from 20 to 22ish characters (counting Sheik and ZSS as seperate). I would assume that Pokemon Trainer would be shown with all three of his Pokemon, so we won't count all three.

If Sakurai intends to cover all of them, then there is going to have to be some months where we get two, and then some where we get one reveal. However, at the current moment, i'm too lazy to do the math to find the ratio.

D

Deleted member

Actually, I'm not sure if that isn't just the translator poking fun (much like the "Real Men Use Items" thing).
The original Japanese page seems to be saying something completely different, but I can't make it out in proper context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom