• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Unconfirmed predictions
Dixie and diddy(replaces ice climbers, Can switch between the two on the fly, the one your not controlling will be ai like nana)
baby mario riding on yoshi(different moveset)
Tails or knuckles (one of the two)
dedede
paper mario (replaces game & watch)
Rayman
king k rool
pokemon with mega evolution( blazeikin maybe)
Pokemon trainer with 3 new starter pokemon

Characters I want but probably wont get
Ridlely
Shadowmario/baby bowser(irreleveant at this point)
krystal from star fox

Characters that probably won't return from brawl
Lucario
R.O.B.
Ness
lucas
wolf
snake
g&w
Ice climbers
captain falcon
jiggly puff
Do you have any reasoning as to why none of those characters will return?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
1. Toad
2. Toad
3. Toad
4. Toa-

Ok, I'll do it seriously. Who I want that has a semi decent chance/reasonable chance/should of been on the roster by this ****ing point list:

1. Toad
2. Lip
3. Pac-Man
4. Villager
5. Megaman
6. Little Mac
7. K. Rool or Dixie
8. Isaac
9. Wii Fit Trainer

(I'm guessing Roy doesn't count as he's a returning veteran)

Who I expect we'll get:

1. Chrom
2. Takamaru
3. K. Rool
4. Little Mac
5. Villager
6. Megaman
7. Wii Fit Trainer
8. Pac-Man
9. Mii

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Unconfirmed predictions
Dixie and diddy(replaces ice climbers, Can switch between the two on the fly, the one your not controlling will be ai like nana)
baby mario riding on yoshi(different moveset)
Tails or knuckles (one of the two)
dedede
paper mario (replaces game & watch)
Rayman
king k rool
pokemon with mega evolution( blazeikin maybe)
Pokemon trainer with 3 new starter pokemon

Characters I want but probably wont get
Ridlely
Shadowmario/baby bowser(irreleveant at this point)
krystal from star fox

Lucario
R.O.B.
Ness
lucas
wolf
snake
g&w
Ice climbers
captain falcon
jiggly puff

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Nine new characters, huh?
1) Villager
2) Mega Man
3) Wii Fit Trainer
4) Little Mac
5) Ridley
6) King K. Rool
7) Retro Character (Lip would probably be my choice)
8 / 9) Palutena / Isaac / Shulk

I feel like this is the best case scenario w/ Mewtwo of course.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Nine new characters... easy.

1. Villager
2. Megaman
3. Wii Fit Trainer
4. Little Mac
5. Miis
6. Dixie Kong
7. Palutena
8. Takamaru
9. Pac-Man

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
1) Villager
2) Wii Fit Trainer
3) Mega-Man
4)Paper Mario
5) Waddle Dee
6) Bayonetta
7) Miis
8) Palutena
9) Ridley

More a wishlist than a prediction, though.

DARKKNIGHT9

Smash Rookie
Do you have any reasoning as to why none of those characters will return?
Lucario(make room/time for new pokemon)
R.O.B.(1 game character)
Ness(not popular series, low priority))
lucas(not popular series, make room/time for new character))
wolf(3rd spacey, make room/time for new character)
snake(3rd party characters probably won't return to make room/time for new ones. Ex megaman)
g&w(been in 2 games as non current character, make room/time for new character))
Ice climbers (been in 2 games as non current character, diddy dixie idea replaces them))
captain falcon(been in 3 games, new game been shot down by dev low priority)
jiggly puff(been in 3 games low priority)

Espio264

Smash Ace
So if you could go back to just before the release of X and Y, and tell yourself that the next reveal would be Marth and it wouldn't be for another 5 weeks, would you have believed it?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
R.O.B.(1 game character)
snake(3rd party characters probably won't return to make room/time for new ones. Ex megaman)
g&w(been in 2 games as non current character, make room/time for new character))
Ice climbers (been in 2 games as non current character, diddy dixie idea replaces them))
The only one I agree with is Snake, to an extent. You play a lot of the recency card, which is horrid.

• Lucario kinda makes sense, but at the end of the day, he's one of the most popular Pokemon. Plus all the attention he's getting recently.
  • R.O.B. would not be cut for being a 1 game character. He would not be cut for any reason. He is an important character to Nintendo history who earned his spot on the roster.
  • Ness and Lucas: Hello, DivineDeity. Being from a small franchise doesn't mean you will be cut. Ness wasn't cut from Melee/Brawl, and they even added Lucas after Mother has virtually been decaying as of late. I can see Lucas go, as he may be low priority for being a clone, but not from being in an "unpopular series". Seriously, Mother is hugely popular.
  • Wolf getting cut? Being the most unique out of the three StarFox characters? Being the second most important character in the franchise? Sure.
  • Snake, maybe. He would be cut depending on whether Sakurai has time to add him in. But he would NEVER be replaced by another third party character, let alone someone like Knuckles or Tails, that ARE NOT NINTENDO CHARACTERS. SONIC IS A GUEST CHARACTER.
  • G&W and the Ice Climbers: Really? Recency? That's the most pathetic argument I have ever heard. And the Diddy/Dixie idea is terrible, I know it was planned for Brawl, but Diddy and Dixie both have their merits to get in separately.
  • Captain Falcon having low priority? Where did you hear that? Or are you nonsensically retorting things that YouTubers say? I'm guessing the latter.
  • Jigglypuff... just no. She was only low priority in Brawl, probably because she was extremely easy to program into the game. So, God no.
A lot of your cuts seem to be based on recency. And there are way too many. We are probably not getting a storm of newcomers, as Brawl's roster + Mewtwo would be perfect. Now we just need a few newcomers to fill up the tiny holes in it and it would be amazing. I suggest you actually think before you spout non-formulated ideals here.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
R.O.B.(1 game character)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Sigh, like it or not chrom's chances have taken a hit, with the clone like moveset/appearance, plus now this, it's safe to assume that he is now unlikely. not 100% deconfirmed because some people gasp at straws, but again his chances have taken a hit, gamefaqs are in full denial mode/we want alts....

Edit: oh great now this, i'm out for a bit.

DARKKNIGHT9

Smash Rookie
The only one I agree with is Snake, to an extent. You play a lot of the recency card, which is horrid.

• Lucario kinda makes sense, but at the end of the day, he's one of the most popular Pokemon. Plus all the attention he's getting recently.
  • R.O.B. would not be cut for being a 1 game character. He would not be cut for any reason. He is an important character to Nintendo history who earned his spot on the roster.He is?
  • Ness and Lucas: Hello, DivineDeity. Being from a small franchise doesn't mean you will be cut. Ness wasn't cut from Melee/Brawl, and they even added Lucas after Mother has virtually been decaying as of late. I can see Lucas go, as he may be low priority for being a clone, but not from being in an "unpopular series". Seriously, Mother is hugely popular.It is?
  • Wolf getting cut? Being the most unique out of the three StarFox characters? Being the second most important character in the franchise? Sure. Im no expert on starfox but im pretty sure he's nowhere near the second most important. Btw he's my favorite of the 3, I want him back too.
  • Snake, maybe. He would be cut depending on whether Sakurai has time to add him in. But he would NEVER be replaced by another third party character, let alone someone like Knuckles or Tails, that ARE NOT NINTENDO CHARACTERS. SONIC IS A GUEST CHARACTER. But they are currently developing a sonic game. Why is it far fetched that they would add another to promote sales? + the huge demand for them to add another.
  • G&W and the Ice Climbers: Really? Recency? That's the most pathetic argument I have ever heard. And the Diddy/Dixie idea is terrible, Why? If your so focused on formulated idea's on peoples opions.I know it was planned for Brawl, but Diddy and Dixie both have their merits to get in separately. Didn't even know that fact. I'd think it would be way cooler if they were working together rather then being seperate and having 75% of the same moves.
  • Captain Falcon having low priority? Where did you hear that? Or are you nonsensically retorting things that YouTubers say? I'm guessing the latter. He would be the last of these to be cut. No sakuari said it.
  • Jigglypuff... just no. She was only low priority in Brawl, probably because she was extremely easy to program into the game. So, God no. Didn't know that fact either.
A lot of your cuts seem to be based on recency. And there are way too many. We are probably not getting a storm of newcomers, as Brawl's roster + Mewtwo would be perfect. Now we just need a few newcomers to fill up the tiny holes in it and it would be amazing. I suggest you actually think before you spout non-formulated ideals here.
Chill out kid it's my list. They can't add 70 characters to the game. These are the most likely characters to be cut due to time/hardware limitations. No it came from my head I didn't even know half the stuff you said was a thing. Sorry if I could have choose a better title for that section, I wasn't expecting to get raged at by a fanboy.

The Giz

Smash Rookie
Hai. First and foremost, I would like to introduce my self. I am a friend of Louie G. He's been asking me for a while to get a smash boards so here I am I guess. We've been talking a lot about SSB4 predictions so I have a general outline of who I think will be in the next game. I'll probably be on a lot. Anyways, see ya around!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Hai. First and foremost, I would like to introduce my self. I am a friend of Louie G. He's been asking me for a while to get a smash boards so here I am I guess. We've been talking a lot about SSB4 predictions so I have a general outline of who I think will be in the next game. I'll probably be on a lot. Anyways, see ya around!
Welcome.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
R.O.B.(1 game character)
Yea...all of those are garbage reasons.

Lucario was and still is important/popular to the Pokemon series. He is in no way a definitive cut.

R.O.B and Game & Watch are historical characters who stand out entirely from the rest of the roster. They are in the game for a reason.

Ness and Lucas are from Mother, which is a critically acclaimed series that was fairly successful. Ness especially has a spot reserved for him in Smash Bros. and will most likely never be cut.

Wolf is questionable but is differentiated to an acceptable degree from Fox and Falco. Neither he or Falco need to be cut, but rather need their movesets differentiated even further.

Snake being a third aprty character will be given substantial priority if he is planned, simply based on the fact that if there is a deal to get him in, he will automatically be in the game. Sonic is already in, so your reasoning already falls flat.

Ice Climbers are a retro character similar to Pit, as in they're a representation of classic Nintendo titles, and have been in since Melee without any sort of problems. Already mentioned by Sakurai in an interview, so i'd say they're probably going to be back.

Captain Falcon is a memetic character for Smash Bros., is a standalone character for F-Zero, and is one of Sakurai's favorites. he's not going anywhere.

Jigglypuff is a 3 time veteran and like Ness probably has a spot reserved for her. The probably reason for her being low priority for Brawl was because she was fairly simple to make.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Hello and welcome to Smashboards.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Please, Mother of god don't be Divine Deity!

I can see Lucas go, as he may be low priority for being a clone.
Being a clone doesn't make you low priority. Sakurai won't cut the newest protagonist of the Mother franchise because he's a clone.

Wolf getting cut? Being the most unique out of the three StarFox characters? Being the second most important character in the franchise? Sure.
Okay, just for a second let's put Wolf's uniqueness and requests aside and really think about this. If there HAD to be cuts do you honestly think Wolf isn't expendable compared to the rest of the roster? I mean who could be more expendable than Wolf. I can sure as heck tell you it's not Lucario, Ike, or Lucas. I mean Mewtwo himself was cut, Wolf is not that important compared to the rest of the roster and while he's not really expendable, he's the most expendable next to Snake. These are reasons for him to stay, but not over other characters. Besides I thought clones were low priority. :troll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
R.O.B.(1 game character)
Lucario is still very popular.

R.O.B. had two games. Even if he had just one, that's no reason for him to be cut. Otherwise the Ice Climbers wouldn't have been in Brawl, now would they?

Ness and Lucas are unqiue characters, and the series not being popular is being a reason to cut them is garbage. Ness wouldn't have made it in any Smash games after the first one if that were the case. Do you really think Sakurai is going to kill a franchise is Smash by removing the only two playable characters it has? Theres no good reason to remove a franchise's content from Smash once it's been introduced to it.

Wolf. Yeah, it totally makes sense to cut the most unique Starfox character, a popular one at that, and one who is very important to the Starfox franchise.

As for Mr. Game & Watch, he is one of the most unique characters in Smash. Ever here of the term "Retro character"?

Ice Climbers are among the most unqiue characters, and introduced the idea of a team character. Again, theres a term called "Retro character". There is no good reason to cut them, let alone be replaced by two characters who differ enough to get in as seperate character. There is the issue of technical limitations, which at this point still doesn't prove to be much of a hinderance for the Ice Climbers, seeing as how Olimar with his multiple Pikmin got in.

Do you really think a unique and very popular character like Captain Falcon is going to be cut? You've used the recency argument a lot, which plays no role in choosing or cutting characters aside from Pokemon, seeing as how Sakurai chooses Pokemon based on their current popularity. This is ONLY the case for Pokemon.

Jigglypuff? A tiny bit more understandable, but still unlikely to be cut. She is still loved by a good amount of the community, and has a unique playstlye.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Welcome to SmashBoards! Can I get you anything? :)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Are you gizmo from Flipnote Hatena? Your avatar reminds me of him!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Chill out kid it's my list. They can't add 70 characters to the game. These are the most likely characters to be cut due to time/hardware limitations. No it came from my head I didn't even know half the stuff you said was a thing. Sorry if I could have choose a better title for that section, I wasn't expecting to get raged at by a fanboy.
Fanboy? No, I'm no fanboy, I'm someone who enjoys the game as much as anyone else on here, but gets pissed when people form subjective hypotheses. Let me make it clear for each character.

For ROB, he was the trojan horse in the 80s that saved video gaming in the West. No way they're cutting someone that important to Nintendo.

Yes, Mother is very popular in the east. And Sakurai obviously loves it, we've gotten a huge amount of Mother content in each game.

Wolf is the villain of Starfox, which basically makes him the second-most important character.

SEGA is developing a Sonic game, with Nintendo's console. And he is a guest, not a franchise. Sonic is fine on his own because no one else in the Sonic universe is not as important as him, not up to the same level of importance as Megaman, Pac-Man, or Snake.

Well, the Diddy/Dixie idea isn't terrible, but it's tasteless. It's taking the Ice Climbers and making a copy of it, it destroys the uniqueness factor.

Sakurai said that Captain Falcon would be the last player to be cut? Where is there a source for that?

Yeah, Jigglypuff was only low priority in Brawl. Probably due to the fact that she was extremely easy to program into it, but that's just guess and tell.

And if you think I'm bad, wait until you meet some of the other "user fanboys" here. I have nothing on them.

DARKKNIGHT9

Smash Rookie

Being a clone doesn't make you low priority. Sakurai won't cut the newest protagonist of the Mother franchise because he's a clone.

Okay, just for a second let's put Wolf's uniqueness and requests aside and really think about this. If there HAD to be cuts do you honestly think Wolf isn't expendable compared to the rest of the roster? I mean who could be more expendable than Wolf. I can sure as heck tell you it's not Lucario, Ike, or Lucas. I mean Mewtwo himself was cut, Wolf is not that important compared to the rest of the roster and while he's not really expendable, he's the most expendable next to Snake. These are reasons for him to stay, but not over other characters. Besides I thought clones were low priority. :troll:
My point exactly. Glad to see you contracdict yourself.... Won't be visiting this site anymore.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Nobody is suggesting they can. You can easily have a no-cuts roster and still have room for around ten or so newcomers, which is an ideal figure IMO.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
You must be new here, by the way most of us here, expect less than 50 characters, none of the Brawl characters actually deserve cuts, the only reason some would is time constraints like Mewtwo and Roy. Sakurai wouldn't just cut character for being not as widely popular or only has a few games from a dead franchise, then we wouldn't have even seem these characters. He already established that no character actually deserves to be or planned to be cut, the only reason why they actual would be not enough time to get them in.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

I never said Lucas would be cut. I said he may be saving clones for last. Let me add onto it: for example, Jigglypuff was one of the last characters programmed, easily since she was really easy to develop. That's what I'm saying. Sure, the presence of Toon Link destroys my argument, but Sakurai can also save characters that are easy copy-pastes for later. And, when push comes to shove, they may be cut if there isn't enough time.

Where did I say that Wolf would stay over other characters? I said being such a unique and well-deserved character, he has no right to be taken out. And we both know that Wolf is the furthest thing from a clone.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I like you. You can stay. I shall call you Gizmo for obvious reasons.

DARKKNIGHT9

Smash Rookie
Fanboy? No, I'm no fanboy, I'm someone who enjoys the game as much as anyone else on here, but gets pissed when people form subjective hypotheses. So why did you attack me for stating my opinion on a forum used to discuss opions?

For ROB, he was the trojan horse in the 80s that saved video gaming in the West. No way they're cutting someone that important to Nintendo.

Yes, Mother is very popular in the east. And Sakurai obviously loves it, we've gotten a huge amount of Mother content in each game.

Wolf is the villain of Starfox, which basically makes him the second-most important character. He's the rival not a vilan.

SEGA is developing a Sonic game, with Nintendo's console. And he is a guest, not a franchise. Sonic is fine on his own because no one else in the Sonic universe is not as important as him, not up to the same level of importance as Megaman, Pac-Man, or Snake.

Well, the Diddy/Dixie idea isn't terrible, but it's tasteless. It's taking the Ice Climbers and making a copy of it, it destroys the uniqueness factor.
The only thing being copied is the ai, they will play differently and have completely different attacks.

Sakurai said that Captain Falcon would be the last player to be cut? Where is there a source for that? No dumbass he said he's not making f-zero anytime soon. I said he would be the last of these to be cut.

Yeah, Jigglypuff was only low priority in Brawl. Probably due to the fact that she was extremely easy to program into it, but that's just guess and tell.

And if you think I'm bad, wait until you meet some of the other "user fanboys" here. I have nothing on them.
cya never.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So basically, let's just forget Wolf's popularity and uniqueness and then compare him to other characters like Lucario, Ike, and Lucas while we consider their popularity and uniqueness.

Double standards ahoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom