• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Whats the obsesion with palutena anyways? more females?
Most likely because she is a very appealing character choice thanks to her role/personality in Kid Icarus Uprising. She was a very likeable character overall (Then again so were basically all the main characters, Pit, Palutena, Viridi, Magnus, Hades, Medusa, etc.) and she would be fun to play as. Not to mention, while this has no overall connection to the games, her anime shorts were quite humorous.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Ummmm..........what? :p
You read my claim correctly.
Just like Mario's continuous series is only because of his popularity?
You said that we shouldn't consider Wolf's popularity and uniqueness when he compared him to Lucario. It's only fair that we do the same to Lucario for Wolf, right?
And no, I'd argue he's very recurring, plays an important movie role, plays an important role in Pokemon X & Y, and other games in a series more popular than Star Fox.
An important movie roll, yeah sure. But then again so did Mewtwo, Mew, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Lugia, Entei, Unknown, Suicune, Celebi, Latios, Latias, Jirachi, Groudon, Deoxys, Rayquaza, Manaphy, Kyogure, Darkari, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Shaymin, Arceus, Zoroark, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Terrakion, Coballion, Keldeo, Kyurem, and Genesect. Let's not forget the next 5 movies we'll be seeing for this Gen's Legendaries. Movies help a bit sure, but in the grand scheme of things they still don't help that much when the movie was released years ago.
This "important" role in X and Y is very miniscule. Being a tutorial for a game mechanic isn't exactly "important".
So then I guess all 700 Pokemon are insignificant. I mean they are all only one out of 700.
A lot of them are. I've never seen anybody talk about Carnivine for Smash Brothers, or anything really.
---
How bout characters from more retro franchises like Prince Sable, Muddy Mole, or even Wild Gunman.
Those too.

The Giz

Smash Rookie
I know is a cliche, but moveset?...
New princess zelda is going to be just like her if everything goes well.
Shes the goddess of light, it's new and original. We've never had a goddess in smash bros before. Sakurai will be able to come up with something.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Whats the obsesion with palutena anyways? more females?

I don't see why if a potential character prediction happens to be a female gender, it suddenly means they are only predicted because they are female.

They can have other merits as well, and in Palutena's case, she happens to be widely popular for a variety of reasons; mainly, for her likable and humorous personality, offering a unique game-play style to the overall balance of the roster, and to further increase the exponential-exposure of her own respective series (among other reasons).

?????????????

Smash Master
Sigh, like it or not chrom's chances have taken a hit, with the clone like moveset/appearance, plus now this, it's safe to assume that he is now unlikely. not 100% deconfirmed because some people gasp at straws, but again his chances have taken a hit, gamefaqs are in full denial mode/we want alts...
Um...no? I really, LEGITIMATELY don't see how Marth's appearance hinders Chrom whatsoever. Didn't most people expect Marth to return REGARDLESS of whether or not Chrom was a newcomer? And Marth's moveset looks pretty much the same as it ever was (from the little we can see of it from screenshots).

There's PLENTY of reasonable doubt that this makes Chrom "unlikely" even one bit. For instance...the Japanese site promoting Marth's game as opposed to Awakening. Or the fact that Marth's sword looks nothing like Chrom's.

This isn't "gasping" at straws...it's nothing. There's no reason to doubt Chrom when we already expected Marth in the first place.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
My only real thought about her was because of pit: he doesnt use the sacred treasures anymore, so, palutena could.
I honestly dont care that much if the characters are beloved, just the gameplay pls.

I love kirby, luigi and zelda because of their attitude anyways.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Well, it's been a while since I've designed a roster, let alone see anyone post one. So, I decided to make one since Marth was released today.

Full Roster: 48 characters

Returning Characters: 37 (Brawl Veterans Plus Mewtwo and Roy)
Newcomers: 11 (Bowser Jr., King K.Rool, Ridley, Takamaru, Little Mac, Villager, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii, Mega Man, Pac-Man)

Starting Roster: 26 characters
Locked Characters: 22 characters

Thoughts?
HOLY CARP! YOU PUT ROY IN YOUR ROSTER? Yay, another Roy supporter

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Well, he's kind of being ganged up on.

When you start problematic conflicts with everybody (over a TheDivineDeity-inspired roster, no less), you going to have to deal with everybody about those problematic conflicts.

wow your cool bro. Have fun with your internet friends.

Have an enjoyable time with your obvious lack of them (or any sort, for that matter), foolish troll.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
He's really not doing anything bad enough to warrant this uncalled for treatment.

Have an enjoyable time with your obvious lack of them (or any sort, for that matter), foolish troll.
I don't recall him calling you names and saying you don't have any friends. You're one of the more intelligent users on this thread, so it really disappointing me to see you acting like this.

D

Deleted member

@AEM:
I don't think comparing importance of a Pokémon to importance of a character to a different series is that fair of a comparison.
In a way, it's comparing apples to oranges. I mean, even Pikachu, who serves as the mascot of the franchise, isn't really that important to the games outside its own spin-offs.

?????????????

Smash Master
I like Roy, but I still don't see how he even has a chance over Chrom.

I'm open to being wrong about that, though.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
He's really not doing anything bad enough to warrant this uncalled for treatment.

I don't recall him calling you names and saying you don't have any friends. You're one of the more intelligent users on this thread, so it really disappointing me to see you acting like this.

Perhaps my words were overly harsh, and for that I must apologize sincerely to all involved, especially the inflicted. It is unbecoming of myself. I was only displeased over the treatment the user gave to others, yet I acted no differently in such acrimonious disposition. I have some confrontational issues I should deal with immediately.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You read my claim correctly.
What an incredibly (forgive me) dumb claim.
You said that we shouldn't consider Wolf's popularity and uniqueness when he compared him to Lucario. It's only fair that we do the same to Lucario for Wolf, right?
I didn't say that actually. I'm implying Wolf's popularity and uniqueness doesn't make him an unlikely cut, yet people revolve ONLY on that when considering Wolf being cut and act like having this feature alone makes you an unlikely cut when so many other characters have it. I'm not saying we shouldn't consider popularity, we should consider there are more popular characters than Wolf and there should be other factors taken into consideration besides JUST having popularity and uniqueness at all.

This "important" role in X and Y is very miniscule. Being a tutorial for a game mechanic isn't exactly "important".
What tutorial? They gave you a Lucario with a Mega Stone, there was a statue of him, and he is partners with a gym leader. It's about as miniscule as Mewtwo's role in the game which is just waiting for you to arrive.

A lot of them are. I've never seen anybody talk about Carnivine for Smash Brothers, or anything really.
Now we're comparing Lucario to Carnivine? WTF?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well, I've been playing Fire Emblem Awakening more and trying to think of ways to change up Roy thanks to playing Melee, so I'm starting to like the idea of his inclusion more...
I pick Roy because he's more iconic, popular, requested, unique, and also he had that prequel starring his direct identical relative which happened to be the first North American Fire Emblem game. Oh, and that recognition from Melee.

I just don't see what's so special about Chrom other than recency and being a great selling game. I'd actually prefer Sakurai look for past Fire Emblem lords as they are more beloved and would be less lazy than "Oh, he's teh newest! Slap that one in!"

?????????????

Smash Master
I pick Roy because he's more iconic, popular, requested, unique, and also he had that prequel starring his direct identical relative which happened to be the first North American Fire Emblem game. Oh, and that recognition from Melee.
We've already had this conversation, but...

I'd be fine with Roy for most of those reasons. The ones that don't make sense to me are the "first NA FE game" and "melee" things. Ike already won out over Eliwood, Lyn, or return of Roy after FE had been introduced internationally, and Roy was cut between Melee and Brawl, and has yet to do anything significant that makes him stand out as a potentially returning candidate.

I think Chrom still has the edge. But I would not be opposed to Roy.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I like Roy, but I still don't see how he even has a chance over Chrom.

I'm open to being wrong about that, though.
Well there is the big talk of his games being remade, and maybe he'll be one of the big characters marketed with Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, it's all up in the air at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom