• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Nobody does.
Exactly. No one does. But, if there has to be cuts, Sakurai might cut out some of the less-unique characters. Been-there, done that. Characters like Lucas. Wolf isn't as "un-unique" (I know I made up a word) as Lucas, so he should have priority over him. I think saying low priority could have been worded better, but that's my stance.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So basically, let's just forget Wolf's popularity and uniqueness and then compare him to other characters like Lucario, Ike, and Lucas while we consider their popularity and uniqueness.

Double standards ahoy!
Argh, matey! I meant to imply that we shouldn't be like: Oh, Wolf is popular, unique! No cutz for hiM! I meant to say let's look at other factors aside from that.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Exactly. No one does. But, if there has to be cuts, Sakurai might cut out some of the less-unique characters. Been-there, done that. Characters like Lucas. Wolf isn't as "un-unique" (I know I made up a word) as Lucas, so he should have priority over him. I think saying low priority could have been worded better, but that's my stance.
I don't think uniqueness has ANYTHING to do with priority.

You seem easily rustled.

Am I too late?
stop picking on him.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So why did you attack me for stating my opinion on a forum used to discuss opions?
He didn't....

He's the rival not a vilan.
A rival CAN be a villain you know.

The only thing being copied is the ai, they will play differently and have completely different attacks.
Do you have any idea how broken that would be, not to mention how difficult it would be to program?

cya never.
You said you'd leave already. Yet you posted again after that. :troll:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Characters that probably won't return from brawl
Lucario(make room/time for new pokemon)
R.O.B.(1 game character)
Ness(not popular series, low priority))
lucas(not popular series, make room/time for new character))
wolf(3rd spacey, make room/time for new character)
snake(3rd party characters probably won't return to make room/time for new ones. Ex megaman)
g&w(been in 2 games as non current character, make room/time for new character))
Ice climbers (been in 2 games as non current character, diddy dixie idea replaces them))
captain falcon(been in 3 games, new game been shot down by dev low priority)
jiggly puff(been in 3 games low priority)

Lucario: Like who? Lucario is a very popular and important character to the franchise now. Also, here's the problem with the whole "lets replace Lucario with something new!" argument: There's no other Pokemon that comes anywhere close in popularity to him, or any of the other Pokemon characters in Brawl/Mewtwo for that matter. To replace him or any of the others with something new just because they're new rather then being a popular/important character is a waste of a spot.
ROB/G&W: Sheik, also both (especially ROB) are very important to Nintendo's history
Ness/Lucas: Like that has stopped character inclusions before...
IC: What makes you think that Diddy and Dixie are going to be a duo this time around? Regardless, having repeating mechanics has happened before, such as PT, ZSS and Shiek using the transformation gimmick.
Captain Falcon: No, just no.
Jigglypuff: At this point, she's a prominent veteran.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
STOP GAINING UP ON DARK NIGHT! HE'S NEW! STOP TELLING HIM TO LEAVE!
(inb4 "leave him alone" meme)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, it's been a while since I've designed a roster, let alone see anyone post one. So, I decided to make one since Marth was released today.

Full Roster: 48 characters

Returning Characters: 37 (Brawl Veterans Plus Mewtwo and Roy)
Newcomers: 11 (Bowser Jr., King K.Rool, Ridley, Takamaru, Little Mac, Villager, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii, Mega Man, Pac-Man)

Starting Roster: 26 characters
Locked Characters: 22 characters

Thoughts?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Argh, matey! I meant to imply that we shouldn't be like: Oh, Wolf is popular, unique! No cutz for hiM! I meant to say let's look at other factors aside from that.
Uh, isn't that the same reason we say we should keep Lucario, Lucas, and Ike?
Well, it's been a while since I've designed a roster, let alone see anyone post one. So, I decided to make one since Marth was released today.

Newcomers: 11 (Bowser Jr., King K.Rool, Ridley, Takamaru, Little Mac, Villager, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii, Mega Man, Pac-Man)

Thoughts?
I like it.
Takamaru and Roy were never really my top choices, but they're both acceptable in their own ways.
Naked Snake would also be an interesting change, but he would still probably be a mix of both Snakes under the name "Snake". So it's more of a name change than anything to me.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Ummm... no one said he should leave in the first place. He himself said he would stop visiting this site..
You're all encouraging him to. Clearly you all want him to leave and that will make people feel bad.

Thoughts?
No issues here.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Thoughts?
My only complaints are Pac-man and Mii, and the lack of Palutena. I'd love to see this roster otherwise.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
@Hotfeet444: I take that back! Replace Shulk, Bowser Jr, or Pac-Man with Palutena.
I don't feel that Kid Icarus is in any need of extra representation past that of Pit. It's a small franchise that isn't anything groundbreaking like that of Mother/Earthbound, I think Pit on his own is a fine representation of the franchise.

Hotfeet, I love dat roster. Only the lack of Palutena is hurting my insides.

Do you have any reason for not adding her?
Eeeyup (Points to comment above)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I don't feel that Kid Icarus is in any need of extra representation past that of Pit. It's a small franchise that isn't anything groundbreaking like that of Mother/Earthbound, I think Pit on his own is a fine representation of the franchise.

Eeeyup (Points to comment above)
Yeah... I figured, basically pizza's stance. Still, she has a decent chance of appearing. I think she has a good chance, but that certainly kicks her down a peg or two. I can only hope, though. She's moved up to my #1 most wanted character.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
@Hotfeet444: I honestly dont see the miis coming, they would be like villager but wihtout trees and that cool "pick projectiles" stuff.
But yes, good roster, chrome is really unnecessary.

Do you guys have real hopes for King K Rool? new DKC games had discard the kremlings (which is good for me, they where boring after 3 games) and bowser was redesigned, which means we already have a new lizard king coming.

The Giz

Smash Rookie

Thoughts?
Palutena would be a good addition.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Yeah... I figured, basically pizza's stance. Still, she has a decent chance of appearing. I think she has a good chance, but that certainly kicks her down a peg or two. I can only hope, though. She's moved up to my #1 most wanted character.
I don't doubt her chances nor do I wish for her not to be in, if she was in I'd be happy, the only thing I would accept with her inclusion is if Metroid and Donkey Kong got a new rep as well, it'd be only fair as they're both much larger franchises deserving of more characters. Then again, that's my opinion.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Uniqueness? No. Being more Important to their series than Wolf? Yes.

You've made a mistake there. I don't see how Lucario is of any real importance to the Pokémon franchise. You may argue that he's been a poster boy for advertisement, but that's only because of his popularity. Why would Wolf, the arguable second most important character in the Star Fox franchise be considered less important to his franchise over Lucario? He's just one out of over 700 Pokémon. Seems pretty insignificant to me.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
But yes, good roster, chrome is really unnecessary.

Do you guys have real hopes for King K Rool? new DKC games had forget about them (which is good for me, they where boring after 3 games) and bowser was redesigned, which means we already have a new lizard king coming.
I agree, Mozilla Firefox is a much better choice.

I have some hope for K. Rool to join, but I predict and want Dixie more. I'd still be thrilled if we get one or the other, though.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If Kid Icarus doesn't deserve 2 reps than I don't think XenoBlade deserves one character. Uprising was a big hit and Sakurai even advertises Pit along with the other 7 starters.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Thoughts?
This is assuming Palutena is not a worthy addition? :p

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I love how before anybody noticed Palutena missing from Hotfeet's roster everyone finds it great. Yet, when one person pointed it out, everyone started hounding Hotfeet about not including her.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
If Kid Icarus doesn't deserve 2 reps than I don't think XenoBlade deserves one character. Uprising was a big hit and Sakurai even advertises Pit along with the other 7 starters.
He advertises Pit along with the starters mainly because he's adopted the franchise, and even then that doesn't mean that being one of the main eight characters shown off is that big of a deal. It could have been Yoshi there, does that mean Yoshi needs another newcomer? No, of course not.

As for the addressing of Xenoblade...I don't see the connection, especially considering the overall success of Xenoblade was about a country mile ahead of Kid Icarus Uprising. Seriously, I don't understand how you overlook the success of this game, it's done enough to warrant a spot.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I can agree with that, as much as I love Palutena as a character. I'm starting to agree that Kid Icarus shouldn't be as high priority as most of would like it to be.

Perhaps not just for a new Metroid and Donkey Kong character, but maybe for more miscellaneous franchise characters as well. Isaac anybody?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You've made a mistake there. I don't see how Lucario is of any real importance to the Pokémon franchise.
Ummmm..........what? :p

You may argue that he's been a poster boy for advertisement, but that's only because of his popularity.
Just like Mario's continuous series is only because of his popularity? And no, I'd argue he's very recurring, plays an important movie role, plays an important role in Pokemon X & Y, and other games in a series more popular than Star Fox.

He's just one out of over 700 Pokémon. Seems pretty insignificant to me.
So then I guess all 700 Pokemon are insignificant. I mean they are all only one out of 700.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I love how before anybody noticed Palutena missing from Hotfeet's roster everyone finds it great. Yet, when one person pointed it out, everyone started hounding Hotfeet about not including her.
I found it great regardless. It just pained me a bit when Palutena wasn't on there.

Even I know she's no shoo-in. She is, however, on the likely side, and I will never stop supporting her, and I will never take her out of my rosters.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I can agree with that, as much as I love Palutena as a character. I'm starting to agree that Kid Icarus shouldn't be as high priority as most of would like it to be.

Perhaps not just for a new Metroid and Donkey Kong character, but maybe for more miscellaneous franchise characters as well. Isaac anybody?
How bout characters from more retro franchises like Prince Sable, Muddy Mole, or even Wild Gunman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom