• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
You know which Pokemon needs more popularity? Stoutland! He's easily the best Normal type in existence. Seriously, he was pretty damn useful in Black and White, a good jack of all trades. Whenever I get Pokemon Y, I'm breeding one for the team I'm planning.
I've always liked Linoone, I don't know why, I just did.

?????????????

Smash Master
Oh, well **** the new Anime about Red and the fact that the Brawl starter Pokemon are starters in X & Y!
Yeah. Even BEFORE X&Y and the anime special, I never thought Red would ever be cut or replaced with a different trainer. Now I REALLY don't. It'd be weird.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Then there is an abnormal amount of hesitance to reveal a mere stage hazard. You'd think for a stage hazard they would reveal the big gimmick of a stage ASAP, but that's clearly not the case.
Probably because it's not that freaking important? What's so majorly important about a simple Stage gimmick?

By that logic, no original newcomer would be prioritized over a clonier counterpart. Dixie being cloney is a boon in terms of her getting attention for that role, not for edging out an original, more wanted, and more important character.
By what logic!?

Yes, more important, because appearing in a trio of sports games
Diddy Kong Racing DS. And you seem to be bias about this as she can be seen more important from other points other than just the only one you mention, of view which I will mention in the next quote.

that still only put her appearance count one higher than K. Rool's does not equate to those throwaway appearances contributing more to her overall stardom than K. Rool's main villain appearances do to his.
I don't know, there is still being part of the main hero trio and starring in her own installment. Even if it happened less, that alone is pretty significant.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Watch it turn out to be that Sakurai was just referencing Samus's battle against Ridley on the Pyrosphere in Other M and nothing else. :awesome:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Probably because it's not that freaking important? What's so majorly important about a simple Stage gimmick?
Well, aside from actually talking about what the stage does. You know, like every other time a stage was revealed they revealed some sort of detail about it. Don't know why this is apparently the exception now, but okay you're Sakurai now can't argue with our "lord" and "savior".

?????????????

Smash Master
Dixie Kong is not without her merits. But I do think K. Rool would offer more...and would be more fun to play as.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well, aside from actually talking about what the stage does. You know, like every other time a stage was revealed they revealed some sort of detail about it. Don't know why this is apparently the exception now, but okay you're Sakurai now.
Because I say something probably isn't important and question it's importance...I'm Sakurai now??? :rolleyes:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Dixie King could bring a lot to the table. But compared to K. Rool, its obvious who has the most uniqueness out of the 2. I personally support both. They both have their merits and reasons to be included.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well, aside from actually talking about what the stage does. You know, like every other time a stage was revealed they revealed some sort of detail about it.
Like...

Super Mario Galaxy: Pretty much nothing
Kid Icarus Stage: Pretty much nothing
Pikmin Stage: OOOOOOOOH!!!!!!! PRETTY SHIP IN THE BACKGROUND!!!!
Metroid Stage: Lava that shoots out!

Dafug u talking about?

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Because I say something probably isn't important and question it's importance...I'm Sakurai now??? :rolleyes:
There's a difference between thinking something is unimportant, and saying something is probably or definitely unimportant. One is an opinion, and one is not. Since you never seem to clarify your opinions from your facts, it looks like you're giving your opinions as though they're certainties, which just won't do.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not going to bother quoting multiple fragments...

By the logic that "if one character from one series is easier to develop than another from that same series, the easier character is getting in." That logic would result in Melee's clones taking the place of the original Melee newcomers in Sakurai's original plan, or, on a roster-wide scale, Brawl's last minute clones not being, well, last minute. Bump up Dixie's throwaway sports appearances to four if you want to count ports (which I overlooked on both of their counts); my point regarding the magnitude of those appearances in comparison to K. Rool's still stands. Being part of a main hero trio might matter if said trio weren't a fictitious creation of message board users, like the Plumber Quartet, or the Princess Duo, or the Original 8 Mario Karters, or whatever. Also, it's telling that Dixie is now being heralded as important through an imagined grouping with Donkey and Diddy, rather than the individual credentials she possesses (which, as pizza. said, exist, just not on the level of K. Rool's).

@pizzadudemanguy Nice work, but I have to say, the more enticing photoshop would be of a cross-dressing ponytailed K. Rool.

D

Deleted member

Derp.

That's what's up.

EDIT: Wait.

Super Smashed Potatoes?

UNCLE PHIL CONFIRMED!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I finally found somethign Smash-related to be hyped about again.

Taters confirmed for Smash Bros Wii U/3DS.

Here's a hypothetical question.

Let's say Sakurai cuts Lucario and Ike, but plans them for the game, and they end up with data leftover. Will Sakurai bring them back via DLC?

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601

Let's say Sakurai cuts Lucario and Ike, but plans them for the game, and they end up with data leftover. Will Sakurai bring them back via DLC?
Possibly, but I don't think he would. IMO, I think it would make more sense to just take another month to finish them off. If the 3DS couldn't handle it, though, I'd say that's a different story.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I'm glad that my post about King K. Rool and Ridley has influenced a conversation about the characters that now has pass the three hour mark, I feel proud about it :troll:.
.n_n.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054

Sakurai being a perfectionist will take his time to finish the game and, I would assume, that includes characters. But I was thinking because of the state the Wii U is in right now, he may be pushed to release the game as soon as possible. DLC may be the answer to the missed or forgotten characters not put in the game. It may also be the opportunity to add characters that are major Nintendo property that make an impression leading up to the games release (such as the rumors about a new IP Miyamoto is creating)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

So basically like the forbidden 7? If it's only those two, I can see them being added to the roster as DLC later on. Because unlike the 7, these two already have their movesets more or less set in stone. And the obvious reason that they would have 5 less characters to deal with adding.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Hypothetically, it's possible if it's Ike and Lucario with leftover data. However, if it's just Snake, like some have been hypothesizing (with varying degrees of sense), no, because he won't have any data if he's excluded due to his special circumstances.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will say, if a third party character is planned, it will most assuredly be a high priority character.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hypothetically, it's possible if it's Ike and Lucario with leftover data. However, if it's just Snake, like some have been hypothesizing (with varying degrees of sense), no, because he won't have any data if he's excluded due to his special circumstances.
This is why I feel as if Snake isn't going to be cut. Especially because the circumstances of his inclusion are essentially the same as they were for Brawl quite honestly. There aren't any truly good reasons to leave him out, but I've already typed my walls o' text about all that.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I can already see the intro for King K. Rool where he is dressed like that but the first shot will only be in the back of his head, and then the voice of the announcer "The character for who you were waiting" and then King K. Rool turns his face to the camera "It was me". :joyful:
.n_n.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This is why I feel as if Snake isn't going to be cut. Especially because the circumstances of his inclusion are essentially the same as they were for Brawl quite honestly. There aren't any truly good reasons to leave him out, but I've already typed my walls o' text about all that.
So long as Kojima gives the thumbs up, Snake's in, and we have no reason to believe he won't give the thumbs up. More importantly, Sakurai isn't going to decide out of the blue that Snake "doesn't fit" or whatever great mighty poos his detractors have blessed us with due to still not having gotten over his inclusion in Brawl, or perhaps due to having predicted that third parties would not return for god knows what reason. It makes me wonder, if Ridley does become playable, will the toobigots return next sequel to talk about how, because the character models appear a bit larger or smaller, that Ridley would be cut?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So long as Kojima gives the thumbs up, Snake's in, and we have no reason to believe he won't give the thumbs up. More importantly, Sakurai isn't going to decide out of the blue that Snake "doesn't fit" or whatever great mighty poos his detractors have blessed us with due to still not having gotten over his inclusion in Brawl, or perhaps due to having predicted that third parties would not return for god knows what reason. It makes me wonder, if Ridley does become playable, will the toobigots return next sequel to talk about how, because the character models appear a bit larger or smaller, that Ridley would be cut?
When it comes to Snake, most people like to believe that friendships in business mean nothing, when that is simply asinine. Realistically, because Kojimas character is in the game, Sakurai asked him the big question, which was most likely, "Making a new Smash Bros. Still want Snake in the game? Or would you rather me not keep him", which logically, Kojima would reply, "Yes. Thanks again for the favor".

It's basic marketing. Obviously there would be negotiations and the like, as it isn't simply a question and answer deal. But if Kojima gives the approval, there are other things that will be taken care of shortly after. For the people who don't think 3rd parties get priority over 1st party character, you're dead wrong.

We already have two 3rd party reveals in the 4th month of marketing. Sonic had room made for him most likely in place of several others. Snake was prioritized to be the "big reveal" at E3. I mean think about it.

Another point about Snake. He WAS the first 3rd party character EVER in Smash Bros. It just wouldn't feel right to me if Sonic was in Smash 4/5, but Snake wasn't. But i'll probably seem biased because he's my home slice.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd also like to point out that I had about 1700 posts since Sonic was revealed. If I hit 2000 before the next reveal, then there's something wrong with Sakurai's strategy.

Another topic to discuss. I think it's safe to assume that we're getting a Smash Trailer next month in the Nintendo Direct, as it most likely will be pertaining to 2014 releases (and we haven't seen much to be excited about besides Smash and "X").

So if it is a nice trailer and reveal, who gets revealed and why? A nice list of anniversaries or releases may clarify.

Also, i'd like to point out that there is a possibility that Pac-Man, Little Mac and Miis aren't necessarily all in the same trailer. Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer all have seperate trailers on their own. We may only get one of those three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom