• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

His entire moveset is foreign to his game.
Err, hate to be that guy, but I just got through saying that his kick in TP is his Side Tilt. So that's not exactly foreign.
And it can be argued that his Flame Choke comes from his lashing at the Water Sage in the same game but "intensified".
And then there's Beast Ganon.....:troll:

EDIT: But if the point was that most of his moves are foreign (particular 3 of 4 Specials), then that would be accurate.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Cool it guys. Arguments are all fine and dandy but personal insults and flaming aren't. Keep things civil.

I would like to see snake return, but that means that any other 3rd party probably won't make it in, this means pacman(the most deserving and obvious choice from namco) would have less of a chance of appearing which makes me sad. But, snake's return chances seem low considering he hasn't been the mascot of his own series for years(and he has retired)
Snake's return does limit how many 3rd party newcomers but there are other factors (such as Pacman) that may result in them not appearing. However, with the veteran status, I would say Snake's chances are quite high compared to Pac-Man. He's immensely popular both in and outside the Smash community. He is one of the mascots of Konami (if not the most well known) and, despite of Metal Gear Rosing, still remains the face of the series. As well, his early retirement means zip in Smash Bros. where canon story lines jumps into a great abyss.

I do get where you are come from with Snake limiting 3rd party characters but I think he deserves his slot in SSB4, has a high chance of returning, and will still remain popular for years to come.

IMO, though, I would rather see him as just a guest character as too make Brawl more distinct compared to SSB4. But I would be still happy to see his return.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Cool it guys. Arguments are all fine and dandy but personal insults and flaming aren't. Keep things civil.

Snake's return does limit how many 3rd party newcomers but there are other factors (such as Pacman) that may result in them not appearing. However, with the veteran status, I would say Snake's chances are quite high compared to Pac-Man. He's immensely popular both in and outside the Smash community. He is one of the mascots of Konami (if not the most well known) and, despite of Metal Gear Rosing, still remains the face of the series. As well, his early retirement means zip in Smash Bros. where canon story lines jumps into a great abyss.

I do get where you are come from with Snake limiting 3rd party characters but I think he deserves his slot in SSB4, has a high chance of returning, and will still remain popular for years to come.

IMO, though, I would rather see him as just a guest character as too make Brawl more distinct compared to SSB4. But I would be still happy to see his return.
Yeah, you do have valid points, but pac-man is also the face of his company and the mascot of namco. His popularity is scattered however. I was born in the 90's and played around the pacman world era and still love him, but others don't and i don't know why. Some are stuck in the past believing only 80's pacman is pacman and others just hate him because of his popularity amongst casual folks who aren't even gamers. All the more reason he should be in the game however, to pull in old fans, the new kiddie fans that he now is aimed at, and even some casuals who will buy it for pacman (I'm not even a casual and i would buy it for his inclusion alone ).
But i do fail to see how lloyd will bring in any new fans

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I don't see how Ganondorf in Smash Bros is a good representation of him. It makes sense that he's a heavy hitter, but what is up with his flexibility? How is he able to do some of the stuff he does with his legs, was he a cheerleader in one of the Zelda games? It's just weird seeing this big evil dude performing such high kicks.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Everytime I see Layton in people's prediction rosters I smile a little, but then I'm bummed because I know he has a very small chance of making it in..... :c Especially as a 5th third party which we most likely won't even get.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'd say change it up to look more like my Project Bidoof Beta Roster
View attachment 3913
This roster is a joke, right? I sure hope so.
but if it was real
Too, many obscure characters I expect two more others the the most.
Fawful really doesn't seem like a plausible rep, he isn't "mainstream Mario" popular
Count Blec could be in Smash 5 if we do get Paper Mario, but not 2 paper mario reps in 1 installment
Jumpman is Mario, so he wouldn't be on here at all.
Skull Kid while loved by Zelda fans isn't worthy of a spot.
K. Harkinian is a CD-I character, it doesn't need a rep.
Yoshi is good by itself, so Kamek isn't needed. I'd see Kamek as a new AT though
Waluigi could be in, but isn't very likely even as Wario rep, since he never been in a Wario game.
Villager is all we need for this installment of Smash for AC
3 or 4 Kirby reps is all we need, I don't think we need Price Fluff.
F. Zero is debatable on a second rep, but I don't care either way.
Porky > Giygas, Giygas' moveset would be hard to determine unless a clone of Mewtwo.
Missingno is just a place holder pokemon glitch, it doesn't need a spot on the roster.
Reggie although having a very vocal fanbase, most likely wouldn't be in Smash.
How would N64 work in a Smash? I don't see it viable.
Even though I love Banjo, Microsoft, would never give the rights to Nintendo to use him.
Too, many 3rd partes no FF Heroes, Banjo, or Sugar Plumps, Pac Man is debatable, but like F-Zero, I don't care nonetheless

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
This roster is a joke, right? I sure hope so.
but if it was real
Too, many obscure characters I expect two more others the the most.
Fawful really doesn't seem like a plausible rep, he isn't "mainstream Mario" popular
Count Blec could be in Smash 5 if we do get Paper Mario, but not 2 paper mario reps in 1 installment
Jumpman is Mario, so he wouldn't be on here at all.
Skull Kid while loved by Zelda fans isn't worthy of a spot.
K. Harkinian is a CD-I character, it doesn't need a rep.
Yoshi is good by itself, so Kamek isn't needed. I'd see Kamek as a new AT though
Waluigi could be in, but isn't very likely even as Wario rep, since he never been in a Wario game.
Villager is all we need for this installment of Smash for AC
3 or 4 Kirby reps is all we need, I don't think we need Price Fluff.
F. Zero is debatable on a second rep, but I don't care either way.
Porky > Giygas, Giygas' moveset would be hard to determine unless a clone of Mewtwo.
Missingno is just a place holder pokemon glitch, it doesn't need a spot on the roster.
Reggie although having a very vocal fanbase, most likely wouldn't be in Smash.
How would N64 work in a Smash? I don't see it viable.
Even though I love Banjo, Microsoft, would never give the rights to Nintendo to use him.
Too, many 3rd partes no FF Heroes, Banjo, or Sugar Plumps, Pac Man is debatable, but like F-Zero, I don't care nonetheless
You obviously didn't read the first line,
It's for a fan game I'm making, so it's supposed to be obscure.
I'm asking people to rate it on creativeness for funness or something.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Hey Bidoof, you know you don't have to put all of your character ideas on your roster, right?
I made a Scrooge McDuck thread and a Ryu thread, neither of them are going on my roster anytime soon.
Read my previous response to FireEmblemeer

EDIT: unfortunately, I have no team to help me make the game or thing of ideas.
If anyone wants to join Team Bidoof, tell me

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Alright fine, lets talk Mario and most likely newcomers.
I think the only Mario characters with chances are Toad, Bowser Jr, and Paper Mario, although Waluigi and Rosalina aren't completely out of the question.
As for most likely newcomers, I can't see the final roster happening without Little Mac or Palutena.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Nobody. AFAIC all of the major Mario newcomers are on about equal footing. Plus a Mario newcomer isn't that likely IMO.
Agreed. Like Zelda, I feel like Mario has every character they need, so there isn't really a need to add a new character. But we still have characters that would help round out the Mario cast.

Paper Mario would be like Toon Link, a different version of Mario to represent those games. Toad would round off the franchise very well, as we would have the original five in the game. Bowser Jr. would add, as of late, the next most important character in the Mario franchise.

We don't need a Mario character, but I'd certainly be fine with it.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I have this feeling that we're going to see a newcomer (most likely just one), who is not among the widely accepted short list of newcomers, but who's also not among the crazy WTF characters. Based on the presentation if these games, the simpler, brighter renders, the colorfulness of the website, the fact that it will be on DS, and the inclusion of toonier characters so far, (Villager, Megaman) it doesn't feel too out of the box to get someone who's not on most of our rosters. One's we consider likely are Toad, Jr., Pacman, Dixie, etc. But I'm kind of beginning to accept the possibility of someone like Tingle, Krystal, Slippy, Waluigi, Birdo or someone like that. They're all widely recognizable and can be considered Nintendo stars, if not all stars. And none of them are really any more farfetched than your Starfys, Waddle Dees or Lips. I'd honestly take any of them before the Mii anyway. I'm not saying that this is a certainty, just that it's no more stupid than any other theory out there. So many of you think you've got the proable lineup down to a science, but if you really think you can predict what will happen better than Sakurai is planning it, then you're a bigger moron than you know. There's still a long way to go. Keep an open mind, accept everything we're given as a gift, and don't leave your ego out in the open to get its teeth kicked in.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I have this feeling that we're going to see a newcomer (most likely just one), who is not among the widely accepted short list of newcomers, but who's also not among the crazy WTF characters. Based on the presentation if these games, the simpler, brighter renders, the colorfulness of the website, the fact that it will be on DS, and the inclusion of toonier characters so far, (Villager, Megaman) it doesn't feel too out of the box to get someone who's not on most of our rosters. One's we consider likely are Toad, Jr., Pacman, Dixie, etc. But I'm kind of beginning to accept the possibility of someone like Tingle, Krystal, Slippy, Waluigi, Birdo or someone like that. They're all widely recognizable and can be considered Nintendo stars, if not all stars. And none of them are really any more farfetched than your Starfys, Waddle Dees or Lips. I'd honestly take any of them before the Mii anyway. I'm not saying that this is a certainty, just that it's no more stupid than any other theory out there. So many of you think you've got the proable lineup down to a science, but if you really think you can predict what will happen better than Sakurai is planning it, then you're a bigger moron than you know. There's still a long way to go. Keep an open mind, accept everything we're given as a gift, and don't leave your ego out in the open to get its teeth kicked in.
Agreed. I mean, I make roster predictions and predict what will happen. But I know I will never get it down 100%. And I always knew there would be one character totally out of left field that would throw off predictions. Not something like Villager or WFT: as shocking as they were, they made sense as Nintendo "all-stars".

I am hoping for a lesser-known, but still iconic Nintendo character. Someone like Tingle or Waluigi I would love. That's why I always support Ashley from WarioWare. She's iconic and popular enough, and I stand corrected, but I think she's the most popular Wario character after Wario himself. But she'd be a character people would never expect happening, I don't even expect it. That's why I support her, or rather any Wario character, as they can all easily fit the bill.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Giegue in his Mother 1 appearance move set would be easier to work with then Porky who is supposedly always in a spider mech.

People don't seem to notice that Giegue is the original antagonist of the Mother series, appearing as the main antagonist of 2 Mother titles and inspired Mewtwo. Giegue is more important then people realize.

If anything, Giegue should have been added into Super Smash Bros before Mewtwo. If not as a playable character, he is definitely more deserving of a Boss role then Porky.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Giegue in his Mother 1 appearance move set would be easier to work with then Porky who is supposedly always in a spider mech.

People don't seem to notice that Giegue is the original antagonist of the Mother series, appearing as the main antagonist of 2 Mother titles and inspired Mewtwo. Giegue is more important then people realize.

If anything, Giegue should have been added into Super Smash Bros before Mewtwo. If not as a playable character, he is definitely more deserving of a Boss role then Porky.
But he only appeared in one game. Porky appeared in two. His importance over Nintendo is great, but better-known and more frequent characters like Mewtwo and Porky should get in before Giegue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom