• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's a poll for characters on Nintendo platforms IIRC, not Nintendo characters, Uprising was very recent hence Pit's popularity, DK hadn't had a recent game to inflate his popularity, Japan likes Waluigi, and Ghirahim's height of popularity already passed when this came out in spring 2012 (he probably wouldn't have been that high anyway, SS didn't do great in Japan).

The results are actually pretty understandable when you consider which series in Japan typically have a lot of popularity (Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, FE) and which games were new/recent at that point (Uprising, Awakening).

Somewhat related while also not, but since the poll thing reminded me, I wanted to tell you something: I made a second Awakening file, and this time I didn't accidentally kill Gaius and Olivia. I felt I should tell you that since they were apparently some of your favorites. :troll: And ironically enough my avatar S-Supported Olivia...irony, I tell ya.
But yeah, it's interesting to see that poll come up again.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Somewhat related while also not, but since the poll thing reminded me, I wanted to tell you something: I made a second Awakening file, and this time I didn't accidentally kill Gaius and Olivia. I felt I should tell you that since they were apparently some of your favorites. :troll: And ironically enough my avatar S-Supported Olivia...irony, I tell ya.
But yeah, it's interesting to see that poll come up again.
Awesome, everyone knows Olivia is the most valuble unit anyway. :awesome::troll:
Did you get any deaths?

Either way, next you should do a Chrono run. That's where you let Tharja die, you let Nowi die, and none of your units procreate. :troll::laugh:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just random thinking, what do you guys think are the chances of getting an advanced wars character or a character from the Mario and luigi RPGs (namely fawful)
Very low. Advance Wars deserves a rep and all, but as it hasn't been seen since pre-Brawl and has very little popularity and demand for a rep (especially in Japan), it's pretty unlikely we get one. For SSB4 at least. And there are several other Mario characters that would get in before a M&L character would.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Very low. Advance Wars deserves a rep and all, but as it hasn't been seen since pre-Brawl and has very little popularity and demand for a rep (especially in Japan), it's pretty unlikely we get one. For SSB4 at least. And there are several other Mario characters that would get in before a M&L character would.
That's around what I was thinking. It makes me kind of sad though especially because its not like those Mario and luigi games weren't popular... But it seems like the awesome characters (namely fawful which would be awesome) are completely forgotten in terms of popularity. It honestly doesn't make a lot of sense to me but whatever :(. Paper mario is cool too. But seeing toad would make me grouchy and seeing waluigi would make me enraged.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

FINKRATS!

One day I'll have my sweet revenge on you all!
They shall know of the greatness that is Fawful!

I HAVE FURY!!!

Seriously Oasis reminds me a little of Fawful :D

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Seriously Fawful would hype me up SO BADLY! He's easily my most wanted extremely unlikely addtion. But with a new Mario & Luigi game coming, there might be SOME chance we'll see him in Smash. Not as a playable character, but hopefully as a AT, or at least a trophy.

It's a cool note that Fawful has a reference in Brawl though. One of the random names one can put in is called 'FWFUL'.

So that's pretty kool.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Fawful could be voice acted to spout all of his funny dialogue during combat, you know? Now, who would be the ideal actor for a wacky character like him... that's another question.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Awesome, everyone knows Olivia is the most valuble unit anyway. :awesome::troll:
Did you get any deaths?

Either way, next you should do a Chrono run. That's where you let Tharja die, you let Nowi die, and none of your units procreate. :troll::laugh:
No deaths this time, thankfully. That, and I managed to recruit all of the six Spotpass characters and the children characters this time, as well as Donnel, who I didn't the first time, while still managing to max out a few of the characters stat-wise (my Avatar, Chrom, Kellam, Tiki, Lon' Qu, and Olivia).

Seriously, my Olivia this time was a champ. Astra and Lethality for the win. For a while, she was, ironically enough, my best unit.

lol at a Chrono run. :laugh:

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Seriously Fawful would hype me up SO BADLY! He's easily my most wanted extremely unlikely addtion. But with a new Mario & Luigi game coming, there might be SOME chance we'll see him in Smash. Not as a playable character, but hopefully as a AT, or at least a trophy.

It's a cool note that Fawful has a reference in Brawl though. One of the random names one can put in is called 'FWFUL'.

So that's pretty kool.
Beef? I am lacking in beef. Fawful is beefless.

But seriously the thing is I don't understand why he is so unlikely seeing that the Mario and Luigi games were extremely popular and he was in all three of them, two of them as an important antagonist... I think he has a better chance than people think. Or at least I hope he does. I mean man if him and the black knight were to make it I would be content with life.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Did he said finkrats?

Cause he'll need to say finkrats a lot.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The tone is kinda fitting for the little green character, indeed...

The performance wasn't the best in my opinion, but the voice suits Fawful quite well.
Maybe the sound pitch could have been a bit more balanced so he would sound a bit more clear but I thought the guy did a pretty good job though.

That's the only guy I've seen so far who tried to voice act Fawful though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No deaths this time, thankfully. That, and I managed to recruit all of the six Spotpass characters and the children characters this time, as well as Donnel, who I didn't the first time, while still managing to max out a few of the characters stat-wise (my Avatar, Chrom, Kellam, Tiki, Lon' Ku, and Olivia).

Seriously, my Olivia this time was a champ. Astra and Lethality for the win. For a while, she was, ironically enough, my best unit.

lol at a Chrono run. :laugh:
Hoo, not bad for your first FE game. And good to hear about Olivia, she doesn't get enough attention. I mostly like her for her hair though. And her son. Embarrass;)

I ran through it without deaths as well, but honestly didn't do much extra stuff. The grinding kinda burnt me out, but I think it was mostly the non-stop FE discussion on here that did me in. :laugh::urg:

Oh well, I'll have renewed energy for SMTxFE, whenever that ends up coming out. (I will need a Wii U for that though, lol)

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Hoo, not bad for your first FE game. And good to hear about Olivia, she doesn't get enough attention. I mostly like her for her hair though. And her son. Embarrass;)

I ran through it without deaths as well, but honestly didn't do much extra stuff. The grinding kinda burnt me out, but I think it was mostly the non-stop FE discussion on here that did me in. :laugh::urg:

Oh well, I'll have renewed energy for SMTxFE, whenever that ends up coming out. (I will need a Wii U for that though, lol)
I'll be buying a wii u for smtXfe or ssb4 whichever comes first.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Olivia's Critical Hit quotes and eye-catch are the best. That is all. :laugh:

Same, I really need a Wii U. I'm definitely going to get more into FE now after Awakening. It's too bad that PoR and Radiant Dawn are so hard to find, from what I've heard. I'd love to give them a shot.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Olivia's Critical Hit quotes and eye-catch are the best. That is all. :laugh:

Same, I really need a Wii U. I'm definitely going to get more into FE now after Awakening. It's too bad that PoR and Radiant Dawn are so hard to find, from what I've heard. I'd love to give them a shot.
Mhmm, despite it's flaws I think Awakening was a good game for people to get into the franchise, and now with the GBA and the Gamecube (it'll happen) coming to the VC hopefully people will be able to access FE7, 8, and 9 (and hopefully 6) easier. Plus, with the success of Awakening, it's pretty likely IS will probably start working on FE14 sooner than normal. It's probably already in development, especially if it does feature Priam. But yeah, if you manage to find other FE games, VC or not, and liked Awakening, I'd definitely recommend trying them out.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's kinda funny though how FE9 has anti-racism as a main point in the story, and also introduce a black dude for the first time in the series.

Seriously, Devdan is awesome.

And so is Danved.

It's kinda weird how they're statistically complete opposites though. Devdan has high Strenght, low Skill and Speed, and Danved has low Strenght, but high Skill and Speed. I used Danved in the End Game last time. He had Adapt and all that good ****. I wasn't dissapointed, but it's a shame that Nephenee is still SO much better.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
If I remember right I considered danved but left him out. But seriously my team in the end game was absolutely unstoppable. The lion kings being outrageous, gatrie being impenetrable, Haar being insanely strong, and then Shinon with the ability to attack from 1 2 or 3 spots away. I could've won the entire endgame with them alone.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
\

I can understand killing off Tharja and Nowi, but why would refusing to pro-create be part of that run. Isn't the purpose of marriage to create a suitable environment to raise and bring children into the world? :troll:

I think that statement probably has to do with my distaste for the "confession" images, a lot of which I thought were awkward.

I don't have any problem with pro-creation/breeding in FE games (FE4 is among my personal Top 5 for the series), I just did not like certain kinds of fanservice in FE13.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Dude, have you played a Fire Emblem game before? The world the people live in is pretty messed up.

Then again, what video game world isn't messed up? Not even Animal Crossing gets away with it.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Especially path of radiance. Great characters, great animation, and in my opinion the best story of the fire emblems released in America (the racism will tug your heart strings)
I agree best story. But moving from the GBA's awesome over the top animations to path of radiance was sort of disappointing when I first played it. I got used to it but I still don't like how pegasus knights attack.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I agree best story. But moving from the GBA's awesome over the top animations to path of radiance was sort of disappointing when I first played it. I got used to it but I still don't like how pegasus knights attack.
Okay absolutely nothing beats the gba versions battle animations (the general class attacking was the most brutal thing... And the sword master, and the assassin, and hector. Oh and the warriors were sick. Some of the monsters in 8 had sick animations too) but I guess the gamecube games tried to be a bit more realistic. I guess I was more referring to the graphics and the fact that every unit you get has its own model (the main thing that enraged me about shadow dragon. And awakening had issues with that too. I kind of wish they out the reclassing features into the fire emblem games...)

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I think the new form of Mewtwo will most likely make it to the SSB4 roster, it's what the pokemon fans want the most.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
What?

Most Pokémon fans want the classic form of Mewtwo, actually.
Well we both have no absolute proof of that. However, the new form of Mewtwo will have a higher chance of entering the roster for being well... New :p . Or, they can do a character switch between the classic form of Mewtwo and his new form by either Down-special like Zelda and shiek or Press the Shield button and start the game to access the classic form ( Samus and Zero Suit Samus).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom