• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I agree best story. But moving from the GBA's awesome over the top animations to path of radiance was sort of disappointing when I first played it. I got used to it but I still don't like how pegasus knights attack.
Ike makes up for it though.

splat

Smash Lord
Mewtwo as a playable character.
Awakened forme (also "Newtwo") as his final smash.

EDIT: Guys, we're in the wrong topic here. This is just the Display thread, for discussion we should go to the, well, Discussion thread.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@ChozoBoy

What was the need for adding a ton of 3rd parties? (You can just keep Snake, Sonic, Pac-Man & MegaMan, and no one would complain)
Raichu? And no Lucario?
Egg Plant Wizard? What the hell? (The reason for cutting Palutena isn't a good reason, btw)

There are many other extremely questionable choices, but I'm not going into them. Too tired now.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Dude, have you played a Fire Emblem game before? The world the people live in is pretty messed up.

Then again, what video game world isn't messed up? Not even Animal Crossing gets away with it.
The amount of me saying "This world is messed up" when playing Symphonia must be countless...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Despite it being much of a dream roster, it's kinda cool to see ChozoBoy actually post here, as I think I know him from Wikitroid and other places. Hmm...

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Made a custom tile for Alexandra Roivas.

Some of these are a bit silly, but I wanted to make the rows even.

To answer a question from the last page that wasn't even directed at me, I love Palutena but don't see her working as a combatant. I hope she gets some funny dialogue as a Final Smash, though. That was really what made her character so likable.

Mach Rider should have her armorless appearance from the arcade game at some point.
Seems awesome, but I guarantee you that characters such as Raichu, Ryu, Plusly+Minun, and Monita won't be even considered as character nominees for SSB4. It's a cool dream roster though :p

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
Despite it being much of a dream roster, it's kinda cool to see ChozoBoy actually post here, as I think I know him from Wikitroid and other places. Hmm...
Hey, that's right. You might also know me from Nintendo Power. My three pixelated Super Metroid costumes were featured twice. (See my 11ft Ridley to the left.)

Yeah, I know it's crazy optimistic and largely inaccurate. I expect there to be only a few more characters total than Brawl. (Not counting DLC?) I'd really like to play Raichu, though. A powerful Pikachu with a sweetspot at the end of that long tail would be pretty awesome. You really don't think Ryu would be considered? He's like the Mario of fighting games. (Granted, Namco will probably pushing for some third party slots, so I doubt he has a good chance.)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just as a quick mention, the whole point of this thread is not to be the Roster Discussion thread.

Also Ike & Lyn have the best critical animations IMO.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just as a quick mention, the whole point of this thread is not to be the Roster Discussion thread.

Also Ike & Lyn have the best critical animations IMO.
>Makes allusion to the old Roster Discussion
>Continues off-topic discussion

Nice try to make it back on topic. :troll:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
>Makes allusion to the old Roster Discussion
>Continues off-topic discussion

Nice try to make it back on topic. :troll:
Personally I'd say I was ending the off topic discussion. My Opinion > Your Opinion. :troll:

Anyway I don't have a roster to show at the moment so you guys do what you want so long as it's on topic.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If only the Discussion Group was still around. After all, your roster was pretty much their Group Roster :p

Yes, I read the group despite not being part of it. Because when have I ever made sense?:awesome:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I dearly miss the groups. Are they ever coming back? Is having them back pre-E3 too much to ask? :sadeyes:

No, I don't have anything on-topic to contribute. :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
There are enough people on here to have a good group. I mean, we COULD have a group conversation maybe. I don't know

D

Deleted member

If only the Discussion Group was still around. After all, your roster was pretty much their Group Roster :p

Yes, I read the group despite not being part of it. Because when have I ever made sense?:awesome:
This. Would love to see it return. It'd be kind of disappointing if groups didn't return in time for E3...

But I guess it's time for me to make a write-up on my E3 prediction now that college is out. Maybe that'll get some discussion going.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I don't really miss that group that much, the Backroom group, however, was great. We really need to go spam the Xenforo thread until the admins start giving answers or something.

But if it'll help I'll go dig up some of those old Toise Super Money Pick essays. Don't necessarily have to agree with them, but they're a good read in general and would be good for the people who've joined in recent months.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah, the good old backroom...we talked about everything there. Heck, the old thread (note: not the old old thread or the old old old thread) probably wouldn't have gotten closed if the Backroom was still here.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Opossum: I'd would just call it the Roster Discussion Thread for now as to avoid confusion. ;)

Oh yeah! I'm putting Mario and Yoshi together whether people like it or not.

Obligatory reminder: This is all assuming a universal roster, which I've wagered large sums of money on as an inevitability.
If you're the type of clown who really thinks there's a chance that might not happen, make a new thread for it.

Toise's Super Money Pick:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
and Yoshi!

How's that for conservative?

----------------------

Mario in general: A lot of people seem to think this series really should have more characters on the grounds that it's Nintendo's... nay, gaming's biggest series. Thing is, Sakurai specifically DOESN'T want to arbitrarily load the roster with tons of Mario just because it's a well-known series. Too many hidden gems out there.

Oh yeah, here's why we won't see any new Mario characters: Sakurai had every reason add any pretty much any Mario character he felt like in both Melee and Brawl. Remember that this is Mario, the series where even the most garbage spinoff characters are more well-known to the masses than Samus Aran. Well, he went with the four (five!) listed above, plus Dr. Mario on something of a whim. Unless he's pulling a Kirby-in-Melee (really doubtful), he's content with this series.

*** Toad & Bowser Jr. ***

These are the only two Mario characters I've got in the "I might be wrong" category. I could talk for a while about how Sakurai might just think of Toad as a non-action supporting character or how Bowser Jr. isn't a very appealing character, but I'm too lazy.

Dr. Toise's Diagnosis: the bar for entry as a Mario character is extremely high. Sakurai seems to want only the absolute core characters, and we have those. Toad and Jr. can't even cut it. That's pretty damn exclusive.

**** Everything Else ****

Waluigi: Like Bowser Jr., only he never appears in main Mario games. Despite years of never amounting to anything, some people think he stands out because of... I don't know, being an AT, I guess. Or general ignorance of Wario's games, take your pick.

Paper Mario: Like Dr. Mario, only... well, no, it's just Dr. Mario #2. People who support Paper Mario tend to be pretty irrational about this guy, especially since their first response is inevitably "but he wouldn't be a clone!" Regardless of whether anyone gives a crap about clones/originals. Not that we can't have Paper Mario content in general, but if Sakurai really wanted another Mario, he'd go with...

Dr. Mario: I'm not putting much stock into Sakurai having seriously considered him for Brawl, but I think he'd make a good alt costume for Mario.

Geno: a-hyuk

Kamek: I like him, and if there were to be a Yoshi character, it'd be this guy. I just don't see Sakurai giving a crap, especially since no one else does.

The rest: Do you care? I know I don't.
Now discuss or post something else on topic lazy peoples!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I support Paper Mario because he honestly has a lot more going for him than Dr. Mario as far as being able to differentiate himself from the original. Granted, he is still Mario, but as long as he plays different I don't really care.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I haven't forgotten that Toise needs to eat his Toise wig should the new Mewtwo form end up playable. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

In about a month, E3 2013 will finally arrive. At that time, judgment day will finally begin in regards to characters. While there will be many hopefuls that will finally see the light in Smash, many more will unfortunately miss out for a variety of reasons. E3 is when we can begin to learn the fate of a few hopefuls that the Smash Bros. community has been missing out. Here are my prediction for E3 this year:
Ridley:
Ridley has been long overdue for a Smash appearance. One of the very few characters left to have been requested since pre-Melee, Ridley has the advantage of not only being massively popular but also being requested by fans for a very, very long time. He is Samus's worst nightmare that keeps coming around at the most unexpected times, waiting for the day when Ridley can finally kill Samus. Even death has failed to conquer Ridley for good.
Ridley is pretty much the best hype machine character for a Nintendo newcomer. He's still relevant and he's among the Top 5 most wanted characters (probably the fourth most wanted) with likely being the most wanted Nintendo newcomer in the West.
Normally, he seems suited to be an unlockable, but considering that fans have asked for him so long, he seems to work much better as an E3 reveal similar to how Meta-Knight worked as an unlockable very well but ended up being at E3. After all of these years, I think Sakurai wants to finally end those sleepless nights for Ridley fans. Granted, his appearance is dependent on Samus's return, but I still expect to see him at E3 nonetheless.
Palutena:
If there's going to be a female newcomer at E3 this year, no one else works better as a reveal than Palutena herself.​
Given that Sakurai has developed Kid Icarus: Uprising and that it's unlikely that he'll express the same fear about over-representation as he did with Kirby, I think there's a very strong chance of Pit showing up at E3 this year. If Pit does show up at E3 this year, I feel that it's only natural that Palutena also tags along with Pit as well, showing her transition to playable status. Palutena also has the benefit of being by far the most wanted female character and being only slightly behind Pit in importance (the franchise is even named after her in Japan). She has a very good chance at being revealed at E3 this year.
Little Mac:
Pretty much a "duh" choice at E3 at this point. He's the main character of the biggest misc. franchise left that Sakurai hasn't ruled out yet and like Ridley, is also among the Top 5 most wanted characters. Little Mac is one of the most likely potential newcomers not playable yet and pretty much nothing holds him back outside of lack of Japanese popularity (which even then is countered by his massive Western popularity). What makes an E3 appearance even more likely is that he's not dependent on any character getting in, which bodes well for him. I'd be surprised if Little Mac failed to show up at E3 this year.
Takamaru:
We're getting a retro character no matter how people view the situation and we are going to seeing a retro character at E3. It's almost certain that Takamaru is going to be playable this game as he has pretty much everything going for him. Takamaru works really well as Smash 4's "surprise" character (despite Takamaru being expected by the vast majority of the speculation community, we're in the very small minority) as most people don't even think about him, yet an E3 appearance allows the world to see exactly who he is and I think he could bring a lot of excitement into the scene. Pretty obscure, but could bring hype as a "surprise" character. I'd be surprised if he was not at E3, especially since no other retro choice could bring a surprise hype (outside of maybe Mach Rider, but he's going to be unlockable if in at all, so I don't see him being revealed this early).
Mega Man:
Now this is a tough nut to crack as pretty much anything could happen with third-parties, but this is one risky prediction worth taking.
One great way for third-parties to be revealed is at E3. Sakurai is going to want a third-party that brings hype to the game and along with it, excitement. While Mega Man is far from the only possibility for a third-party E3 reveal, he does stand the best chance of being revealed there because of him being probably the most wanted newcomer, Capcom of Japan having some interest in Mega Man's inclusion in Smash, Sakurai noticing his popularity ever since pre-Melee and being a video game icon. If Sakurai wants a third-party, Mega Man fits really well into the description of an exciting third-party choice that would bring hype to the game.
And with that my quick writing of my E3 predictions is over. There are certainly other possibilities out there such as King K. Rool, Shulk and a Namco rep and I will probably get one of these wrong, but these are the ones I feel are the most likely.
Should be fun to see how close I get.
N3ON said:
I haven't forgotten that Toise needs to eat his Toise wig should the new Mewtwo form end up playable.
Oh boy, I look forward to when he has to eat his words on a 6th gen Pokémon being playable (I know Mewtwo is 1st gen, but his form IS 6th gen, so it has to count, right?).​

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Ok. I finished that roster i gave up on because i was bored. lol

The reasons why Pac-Man, Heihachi/other Tekken reps, and Lloyd are stuffed in there is because we don't know who they'll pick (IF we get a Namco rep) and those three are the top three Bamco choices.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Ok. I finished that roster i gave up on because i was bored. lol

The reasons why Pac-Man, Heihachi/other Tekken reps, and Lloyd are stuffed in there is because we don't know who they'll pick (IF we get a Namco rep) and those three are the top three Bamco choices.
Fairly generic roster. Around what we will get if sakurai doesn't want any surprises but as we know sakurai always wants surprises.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
True. The most surprising thing on my roster is Mach Rider. :laugh:
Not even really... That kind of fits the new brought back to life retro character stereotype that smash bros is beginning to form. I'd say having Miis would surprise me but most people who don't put much into predicting rosters probably almost expect Miis so that's really not that surprising either.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Not even really... That kind of fits the new brought back to life retro character stereotype that smash bros is beginning to form. I'd say having Miis would surprise me but most people who don't put much into predicting rosters probably almost expect Miis so that's really not that surprising either.
I see Miis as a type of WTF character personally. (Plus it's not like will get a playable Animal Crossing rep anytime soon)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Something tells me that if we do get them they will have the most bland moveset possible for any character ever. That's the main reason I don't support the idea. Poor Tom nook I'd love to see him in smash...
An AC reps moves would mostly revolve around some of their tools. Nothing too impressive. But it gets the job done i guess. Resetti would be pretty insane though

FourStar

Smash Ace
you know i see sakurai like bringing back characters by cutting some characters.

there is no way animal crossing will get some representation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom