• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strevo

Smash Rookie
Ok. I finished that roster i gave up on because i was bored. lol

The reasons why Pac-Man, Heihachi/other Tekken reps, and Lloyd are stuffed in there is because we don't know who they'll pick (IF we get a Namco rep) and those three are the top three Bamco choices.
I'm ok with this :)

FourStar

Smash Ace

The reasons why Pac-Man, Heihachi/other Tekken reps, and Lloyd are stuffed in there is because we don't know who they'll pick (IF we get a Namco rep) and those three are the top three Bamco choices.
Hey what happend to a new pokemon? other than that great list!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Hey, that's right. You might also know me from Nintendo Power. My three pixelated Super Metroid costumes were featured twice. (See my 11ft Ridley to the left.)

Yeah, I know it's crazy optimistic and largely inaccurate. I expect there to be only a few more characters total than Brawl. (Not counting DLC?) I'd really like to play Raichu, though. A powerful Pikachu with a sweetspot at the end of that long tail would be pretty awesome. You really don't think Ryu would be considered? He's like the Mario of fighting games. (Granted, Namco will probably pushing for some third party slots, so I doubt he has a good chance.)
Nintendo Power? Your name kinda sounds familiar from there, but I guess it depends on what issue numbers you're talking about, as I stopped subscribing not too long after the Wii came out due to how much everything about NP had changed by then. But yeah, I'm aware of your good work, particularly the 11ft Super Metroid Ridley, which I believe was also posted in the Ridley thread here at some point. :p

I agree about Raichu to an extent, but I guess there can only be so many playable 1st gen Pokemon. As for Ryu, I don't know really. I just know that Megaman's the only Capcom character most care about, despite how much Capcom itself has given the middle finger to fans of the franchise lately.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I think the reason is more of the fact that the Animal Crossing series doesn't exactly involve physical violence in any way.
You know I tried to find a counter example to this but I really couldn't other than like rob and maybe game and watch... It's kind of amazing how many games revolve around violence...

Any way what do you guys think the chances are of getting the elite beat agents as an AT? Personally I think they could make an awesome assist trophy in fact I would almost put money down that they will be.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think Resetti is implied violent enough! There's so much potential in Tom Nook though. C'mon, Sakurai...

Edit: Egads this new mobile version of SWF makes me cry!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Would play/10

You know which part I'm disagreeing with so I won't bother. :reverse:

FourStar

Smash Ace
ok to answer all your guy's questions NO i hate character that are super goofy like wario, ROB, and game and watch. they just seem stupid to me

D

Deleted member

And Pikachu. Can't forget Pikachu.

Never saw what people see in that overrated little rat.

FourStar

Smash Ace
And Pikachu. Can't forget Pikachu.

Never saw what people see in that overrated little rat.
**** you dude. pikachu has been the best overall character in the smash series. him and fox have been viable characters in EVERY GAME. so i have no clue what you're talking about....

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Whoa, whoa. Personal opinions are personal opinions, and let's not take this overboard. I've always felt it's better to just like what you like, and accept that other people like stuff too. Who knows, maybe it's actually good?

splat

Smash Lord
ok to answer all your guy's questions NO i hate character that are super goofy like wario, ROB, and game and watch. they just seem stupid to me
I think you need goofy characters in a line-up to offset the characters. In the average action flick, there's so many tough guys tossed at you that none of them are actually memorable. In arguably one of the better action movies of the last few years, Inception (IMDB top 250 #14), the somewhat quirky Eames provides the necessary comic relief ("You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling", "This, Ariadne, would be a kick") which makes his 'counterpart', Arthur, come across as much more of a bad-ass than he would be without Eames.

I might be a bit biased in this aspect (for example, Leslie Nielsen is one of my favorite actors ever) but I'm actually rooting for more goofy characters. Nintendo has quite a lot of them, too, so it wouldn't even be unmerited. I personally prefer Slippy over Krystal, Tingle over Impa and the Duck Hunt Dog over many other retros. I must say though, much like too many bad-ass character is bad, too many goofy characters is too - but whereras Smash seems to be a meant as a quirky fighting game, it'll manage with a lot of goofy characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Personally, I'd trade Dark Samus for Anthony Higgs.
Cut a 3rd party character for Roy.
Just keep Lucario and make Mewtwo the X/Y Rep with his Awakening form.
Also would probably swap Vaati for Dixie.

Other than that, it's perfect! Has close to all my favorite newcomers. Would play / 10

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I can live with that roster.
Add Roy, Toon Link and Sheik and it's awesome.

EDIT: Wut? No Lucario? THAT would really bother me.

FourStar

Smash Ace
I can happily live with that roster.
Add Roy, Toon Link and Sheik and it's awesome.
sheik is zelda regardless you know...

I think you need goofy characters in a line-up to offset the characters. In the average action flick, there's so many tough guys tossed at you that none of them are actually memorable. In arguably one of the better action movies of the last few years, Inception (IMDB top 250 #14), the somewhat quirky Eames provides the necessary comic relief ("You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling", "This, Ariadne, would be a kick") which makes his 'counterpart', Arthur, come across as much more of a bad-*** than he would be without Eames.

I might be a bit biased in this aspect (for example, Leslie Nielsen is one of my favorite actors ever) but I'm actually rooting for more goofy characters. Nintendo has quite a lot of them, too, so it wouldn't even be unmerited. I personally prefer Slippy over Krystal, Tingle over Impa and the Duck Hunt Dog over many other retros. I must say though, much like too many bad-*** character is bad, too many goofy characters is too - but whereras Smash seems to be a meant as a quirky fighting game, it'll manage with a lot of goofy characters.
i can see that but i still don't like goofy characters regardless what anyone says

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I actually like goofy and badass characters more. Not really a fan of cute characters.

That's why I main Luigi, Dedede and ROB.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I like badass characters, period. The more ass a character kicks, the better.

I like villains a lot, actually. Especially those hammy, insane and manipulative ones.
I use Ganondorf mostly for this reason.

What would you think of this as the roster?
Lacks Sheik (unless she is included with Zelda), Roy, Lucario and Toon Link, but is otherwise a great roster. Wouldn't mind if it was the final roster.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
What would you think of this as the roster?
It's really small, and I mean that not in terms of the number of characters. It's really hard to read the names of each character.

Vaati, Dark Samus, Lyn, and the Pokemon X/Y character seem like long shots to me. Pac-man is also iffy IMO, but that's just me.

Edit: No Lucario is also a bad call to me.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
http://www.examiner.com/article/pot...4-e3-2013-3ds-and-wii-u-reveal-details-posted
According to a report by the NeoGAF forum on May 11, an insider claimed that Nintendo will be showing off a debut trailer along with the previously-announced first screenshots at E3 2013. The footage, which contains a mix of gameplay and cut scenes, apparently features old ideas that were left on the cutting room floor in the past. You can check out some screens from the earlier video games of the “Super Smash Bros.” franchise in the slideshow at the top of this article.
Scrapped characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom