• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FourStar

Smash Ace
I dont see Paletuna making it honestly.... she doesn't seem like she would dont ask why cuz im not even sure

D

Deleted member

Here's my revised roster. I'd love some feedback and if you have any questions, just ask (too pooped to get into detail right now).

- Characters on the right I'm not really sure to put them on the initial roster, but I think they could make great downloadable fihgters (assuming we're getting DLC. Well, expect for Mii. I'm just on the fence about adding Miis).
- Ghirahim is a Zelda placeholder for now
- Bowser Jr. could be swapped with Toad

I'm sorry. I'm really, really tired and I first read this as "How would you people react if Phosphora got with Palutena?"
Fantastic roster there (disregarding the choices on the right). The only things that are questionable are four misc. reps (take either Saki or Isaac off, preferably Saki) and Toon Ganondorf (although as you said, it's more aesthetics than anything). I'd play this for sure.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Obviously, FourStar meant this guy:

ZERO 4 SMASH!!

But seriously, we're just joking. No need to get worked up. I'm more of a person who likes to chillax, anyway...unless Roy is involved. Then that's a different story.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Actually, when FourStar was talking about Zero, he was talking about this guy.

(Seriously, why are there so many characters named Zero)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
But seriously, we're just joking. No need to get worked up. I'm more of a person who likes to chillax, anyway...unless Roy is involved. Then that's a different story.
You're actually more chill than some Roy supporters. Not gonna name names.

Edit: Guys, we all got it wrong. Clearly FourStar wanted one of these in Smash:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
You're actually more chill than some Roy supporters. Not gonna name names.
Thanks...well I try. I mean I do like to joke about myself and my fanatics...but if I ever get carried away, just tell me. I don't want to seem annoying lol.

Well, anyway, you know what they say: Zero the Hero! It's such a cool name. I've named the main character in the first rpg that I've ever played "Zero".

Uh yeah on-topic. I'd like to create a roster that has cuts included. I know it's a touchy subject, so I won't go on but yeah, it's going to be an interesting process...

volbound1700

Smash Master
Phosphora as playable? That would be quite unexpected.

Since we're talking about Kid Icarus, I figure this image is relevant to the discussion.

The character that actually stands out to me the most in this is Waluigi. How high is he? Who is the character to the left of Yoshi?

Strevo

Smash Rookie
You explained your choices well, something I couldn't do with my roster, respect :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Who is the character between Marth and Viridi? and the two between Palutena and Fox?

The Katakana for the one to the left of Fox says Gaia, but still no idea who is he.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Who is the character between Marth and Viridi? and the two between Palutena and Fox?
Between Marth and Viridi is Hatsune Miku from Vocaloid.

The two between Palutena and Fox are in order from left to right: a character from Inazuma Eleven (don't know who that might be other than the series of origin) and Gaius from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

The Katakana for the one to the left of Fox says Gaia, but still no idea who is he. Gaius from Fire Emblem: Awakening
Responses in bold.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Was wondering when someone would dig that pic up (though there was actually two of them). Wouldn't invest much thought into them, pretty sure it was just Sakurai showing how proud he was to see how well Uprising was received.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Was wondering when someone would dig that pic up (though there was actually two of them). Wouldn't invest much thought into them, pretty sure it was just Sakurai showing how proud he was to see how well Uprising was received.
I actually said that the picture was old news already.

It has nothing to do with Smash, but people like to over interpret such things.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anyways, is that a popularity poll?
It was a popularity poll, yes. It has nothing to do with Smash, but Sakurai tweeted it, likely because Pit was in 1st place, having Dark Pit, Palutena and Viridi among the top as well.

volbound1700

Smash Master
The poll seems a little off to me. For one you have Sonic in there with a bunch of Nintendo characters (I thought it was a poll just for Nintendo). Also, no way Pit is more popular than Mario, Pikachu, or Link. Where is Donkey Kong? Waluigi at 14?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The poll seems a little off to me. For one you have Sonic in there with a bunch of Nintendo characters (I thought it was a poll just for Nintendo).
Obviously it's not, otherwise Hatsune Miku and that Inazuma Eleven guy wouldn't be there.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yeah, this was discussed before. I also think Ghirahim was in it somewhere lower and that is why he started getting support. Sakurai was obviously referencing Kid Icarus with the Tweet and not really Smash. I am just wondering why the poll is the way it is because there are some major video game characters not in there and some questionable ones that I have pointed out in there.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, this was discussed before. I also think Ghirahim was in it somewhere lower and that is why he started getting support. Sakurai was obviously referencing Kid Icarus with the Tweet and not really Smash. I am just wondering why the poll is the way it is because there are some major video game characters not in there and some questionable ones that I have pointed out in there.
That was a popularity poll that measured the popular characters among the readers of that magazine.

I think the poll is dated from April 2012 given the presence of Fire Emblem: Awakening characters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The poll seems a little off to me. For one you have Sonic in there with a bunch of Nintendo characters (I thought it was a poll just for Nintendo). Also, no way Pit is more popular than Mario, Pikachu, or Link. Where is Donkey Kong? Waluigi at 14?
It's a poll for characters on Nintendo platforms IIRC, not Nintendo characters, Uprising was very recent hence Pit's popularity, DK hadn't had a recent game to inflate his popularity, Japan likes Waluigi, and Ghirahim's height of popularity already passed when this came out in spring 2012 (he probably wouldn't have been that high anyway, SS didn't do great in Japan).

The results are actually pretty understandable when you consider which series in Japan typically have a lot of popularity (Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, FE) and which games were new/recent at that point (Uprising, Awakening).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
"I'm closing the roster discussion thread"

*Stickies the roster prediction discussion thread*

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Props for Starfy.

One thing though...why the absence of Palutena? Just wondering.

EDIT: Derp. Wrong thread...if a mod could move this to the Discussion thread, please do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom