• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why don't you find the theme of Mr. Hanafuda behind it, I posted about being a Luxord-like character, so basically its a magician, only the magician is a deck of cards. I could add a magician hat on his head if you still don't realize.
Adding a magician hat wouldn't make him any better.

Once again, Hanafuda isn't best represented through characters, because there are no characters to draw from. I will state yet again that a deck of cards with MS Paint limbs IS NOT GOOD CHARACTER DESIGN.

Since you're being stubborn as a mule, I'm done with this discussion. I'm not wasting my time with people who refuse to listen to the truth.

splat

Smash Lord
Why don't you find the theme of Mr. Hanafuda behind it, I posted about being a Luxord-like character, so basically its a magician, only the magician is a deck of cards. I could add a magician hat on his head if you still don't realize.
Let's say I too made a fan character. He's based on cow poop with arms and legs.
Even if I would make the most awesome moveset thinkable with sweet poison effects, it's still a **** character.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So this whole conversation was about design of Hanafuda? This was a stupid conversation. I could look at Jigglypuff's design as ____ty as I want it to be, but once I realize it has a move that has high KO potential (Rest) and a really cool air game, I realized that Jigglypuff is awesome, and I wouldn't give a ____ about its design.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So this whole conversation was about design of Hanafuda? This was a stupid conversation. I could look at Jigglypuff's design as ____ty as I want it to be, but once I realize it has a move that has high KO potential (Rest) and a really cool air game, I realized that Jigglypuff is awesome, and I wouldn't give a ____ about its design.
Obviously, you are rather ignorant when it comes to character design.

The character has to be appealing and unique and a deck of cards with MS Paint limbs is not appealing design at the first glance, even if it has a unique and compelling moveset. It doesn't work that way.

ANYWAY'S.....

Let's talk about something else now. Uhm... How about Kid Icarus?
Kid Icarus seems like a good subject.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Let's say I too made a fan character. He's based on cow poop with arms and legs.
Even if I would make the most awesome moveset thinkable with sweet poison effects, it's still a **** character.
Yeah but Hanafuda was part of Nintendo's beginning (and Nintendo's history itself), why do you guys keep forgetting?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
*Tries to ignore BluePikmin's Hanafuda discussion*

Okay Kid Icarus. Do you think Medusa has really lost her boat or do you think her pre release promotion would still give her a small chance to be in alongside Palutena?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
ANYWAY'S.....

Let's talk about something else now. Uhm... How about Kid Icarus?
The only reps for KI I would want is just Dark Pit (a rival of Pit, but still a friend at the same time, AKA Metaknight) and Palutena (A princess like character such as Peach and Zelda) Otherwise that would be overrepresentation.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hanafuda cards have various things printed on them, including rainman. Sakurai could always draw inspiration from him (and other cards) if he doesn't want to solely create an original character.

As for the character design itself, I don't really care in the end.

But yeah, lets move on...I should post my revised roster actually...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah but Hanafuda was part of Nintendo's beginning (and Nintendo's history itself), why do you guys keep forgetting?
You're awfully annoying, you know that? No one's forgetting that Hanafuda is an important part of Nintendo's history. We're just saying that Hanafuda may be represented by something other than a character.

Of course that you refuse to listen, so I'm not going to insist with a blind man who doesn't want to see.

ON TO KID ICARUS, PLEASE!

I think the characters with the best chances are Palutena, Dark Pit, Medusa and possibly Magnus.

Dark Pit could be an alt for Pit, but I think that, given the sheer amount of weaponry introduced in Kid Icarus: Uprising, he could be a unique character from Pit.

Palutena is the likeliest choice, as she is one of the most important character has many attributes that make her a solid candidate for Smash.

Magnus and Medusa are a stretch, but their chances are not to be excluded.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
ON TO KID ICARUS, PLEASE!

I think the characters with the best chances are Palutena, Dark Pit, Medusa and possibly Magnus.

Dark Pit could be an alt for Pit, but I think that, given the sheer amount of weaponry introduced in Kid Icarus: Uprising, he could be a unique character from Pit.

Palutena is the likeliest choice, as she is one of the most important character has many attributes that make her a solid candidate for Smash.

Magnus and Medusa are a stretch, but their chances are not to be excluded.
Yeah I think so too (Except for Magnus, I think he's more likely as an assist trophy, either him or the Eggplant and Tempura wizards). Maybe Viridi could be too as a last minute Palutena clone/semi-clone. But yeah, I think Palutena is the most likely with Medusa and Dark Pit following behind her.

Medusa might still make it as the Bowser/Ganondorf as Palutena would be the Peach/Zelda of Kid Icarus. At least I hope so. I really want to see them both playable in smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bandanna Dee. IE, Not Prince Fluff.

Anyway, as one final word on the Mr. Hanafuda...thing, not everything needs to be represented as a character. Case in Point: Animal Crossing. Sakurai didn't see Animal Crossing as a source of a viable character. Why the hell would he think the game of Hanafuda, which lacks characters is worthy of a spot? If history mattered that much to him, they'd be an item.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah I think so too (Except for Magnus, I think he's more likely as an assist trophy, either him or the Eggplant and Tempura wizards). Maybe Viridi could be too as a last minute Palutena clone. But yeah, I think Palutena is the most likely with Medusa and Dark Pit following behind her.

Medusa might still make it as the Bowser/Ganondorf as Palutena would be the Peach/Zelda of Kid Icarus. At least I hope so. I really want to see them both playable in smash.
Either Viridi and Dark Pit could be last minute clones for Palutena and Pit, respectively.
Even Medusa could be a last minute Palutena clone.

I agree with you on Magnus. He's not that important on KI:U that warrants him as a character. AT status fits him well.

I have my doubts on Viridi, since Sakurai has said he didn't offer the chance to fight against her in KIU due to her underage looks, but then again we have Ness and Lucas, so this argument may be moot. However, you could argue that, just like Pit and Toon Link, Ness and Lucas are young teenagers rather than properly children...

Palutena does seem the likeliest character and it isn't hard to see why. She's popular, important, has room for quite different moves... You know how it goes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I would actually enjoy seeing Viridi as a last minute semi-clone, with the light attacks being replaced by phytokinetic attacks. We really only have Ivysaur when it comes to plant users, and even then, it's only two vines, a couple of spores, and Razor Leaf.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Either Viridi and Dark Pit could be last minute clones for Palutena and Pit, respectively.
Even Medusa could be a last minute Palutena clone.
Well with Medusa we have seen her fighting with different attacks that Palutena didn't use. But I suppose there is a chance she could end up being a clone of Palutena as we have seen of some characters in the past. So yeah...

Maybe Medusa could use some moves that can petrify her opponents for a bit?

I have my doubts on Viridi, since Sakurai has said he didn't offer the chance to fight against her in KIU due to her underage looks, but then again we have Ness and Lucas, so this argument may be moot. However, you could argue that, just like Pit and Toon Link, Ness and Lucas are young teenagers rather than properly children...
Oh really? That's the first I've heard of this. I hope this doesn't affect the chances for the likes of Lip then... :/

Palutena does seem the likeliest character and it isn't hard to see why. She's popular, important, has room for quite different moves... You know how it goes.
Yeah she is definitely the most likely one. I definitely agree on that.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I don't think age matters overall generally, Super Smash Bros is about bring the best Nintendo characters to fight, so no matter how old they are, as long as they are those best Nintendo characters, they can be in the game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't think age matters overall generally, Super Smash Bros is about bring the best Nintendo characters to fight, so no matter how old they are, as long as they are those best Nintendo characters, they can be in the game.
What's the part of "Sakurai said he didn't want players to fight Viridi" that you didn't understand?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
How would you people react if we got Phosphora with Palutena?
Well surprised, I can tell you that. I think Phosphora is about as likely as Magnus really. So I'd say she's more likely of becomming an assist trophy than a playable. Though like I said, I will be surprised if she was made playable.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Here's my revised roster. I'd love some feedback and if you have any questions, just ask (too pooped to get into detail right now).

- Characters on the right I'm not really sure to put them on the initial roster, but I think they could make great downloadable fihgters (assuming we're getting DLC. Well, expect for Mii. I'm just on the fence about adding Miis).
- Ghirahim is a Zelda placeholder for now
- Bowser Jr. could be swapped with Toad

How would you people react if we got Phosphora with Palutena?
I'm sorry. I'm really, really tired and I first read this as "How would you people react if Phosphora got with Palutena?"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Phosphora as playable? That would be quite unexpected.

Since we're talking about Kid Icarus, I figure this image is relevant to the discussion.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
What's the part of "Sakurai said he didn't want players to fight Viridi" that you didn't understand?
I know that, I was just talking about age being irrelevant to being in the game.
If Sakurai thinks the fan base of Viridi have grown is some fashion and want her to be added, then he might add Viridi as a playable character despite what Sakurai says in KI:U.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I like it, Croph! Even the DLC choices are cool. The only thing I'm a bit iffy on is Toon Ganondorf. Care to give an explanation?

Other than that, it's a really good roster, in my opinion.

EDIT: lol at Gaius being on that poll.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I know that, I was just talking about age being irrelevant to being in the game.
If Sakurai thinks the fan base of Viridi have grown is some fashion and want her to be added, then he might add Viridi as a playable character despite what Sakurai says in KI:U.
You realize that Viridi is his own character, right?

I'm not wasting my time arguing with you. I just stated an argument that could hinder Viridi's chances of being playable in Smash.

Also this is a demonstration of how much of the people who want Viridi as a playable character, Frostwraith.
No, silly. That is just how popular Viridi is! >_> That poll has nothing to do with Smash Bros. and is old news already.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Phosphora as playable? That would be quite unexpected.

Since we're talking about Kid Icarus, I figure this image is relevant to the discussion.

Is that Miku Hatsune on the left of Viridi?

EDIT: Yeah. I wouldn't expect Phosphora. Personally, i think Magnus has more of a chance then her.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I like it, Croph! Even the DLC choices are cool. The only thing I'm a bit iffy on is Toon Ganondorf. Care to give an explanation?

Other than that, it's a really good roster, in my opinion.

EDIT: lol at Gaius being on that poll.
Toon Ganondorf is more like an aesthetic thing. I'm not really sure if Ganondorf will get a revamped moveset (though I'm hoping) but I figure if Ganon is loosely based on Toon Ganon, then it will look well with Toon Link (and the rest of the Zelda cast, if they're going for a Skyward Sword look. Plus Windwaker HD, so I'd love some more content from it). Yeah, more of a personal thing.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I could see Toon Ganon getting in because Wind Waker HD. I would also prefer that version because he'd be a dual sword user.

D

Deleted member

I would actually enjoy seeing Viridi as a last minute semi-clone, with the light attacks being replaced by phytokinetic attacks. We really only have Ivysaur when it comes to plant users, and even then, it's only two vines, a couple of spores, and Razor Leaf.
And even then, they can be semi-clones while using different weapons.
Palutena uses the Palutena Blade, Virdi uses the Viridi Claws (and the Viridi Palm to replicate some of Palutena's light attacks :troll:).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Palutena with a gun sounds badass actually. Though, Viridi with the Viridi Palm would actually be ironic considering she does not like Palms due to thinking that they're bad for her skin. The irony of using a type of weapon that she doesn't like despite being named after her...

D

Deleted member

The irony of having one named after her as well.

SO MUCH IRONY.

Where's Irony Man when you need him.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Palutena with a gun sounds badass actually. Though, Viridi with the Viridi Palm would actually be ironic considering she does not like Palms due to thinking that they're bad for her skin. The irony of using a type of weapon that she doesn't like despite being named after her...
But she's a goddess. She's immortal... and I'm sure she would make an exception for her own Palm.

Also:
Pit - Palutena Bow
Palutena - Her staff + Palutena Blade
Viridi - Viridi Claws + Viridi Palm
Dark Pit - Silver Bow + Dark Pit Staff
Medusa - Her staff + petrifying powers
Hades - His "devastation ensemble"
Magnus - His sword (AKA Magnus Club)

That's stuff that can be worked with for each major KI character.

D

Deleted member

Out of place for Trollutena to troll people by using a sword named after her instead of her staff?
srsly?

D

Deleted member

Now what about Lady Paletuna? What weapons would she use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom