• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
He's clearly gotten a lot smarter, but I also think he's much more insistent on things and overall, more infuriating to try to have a logical conversation with. After all, he'll put words in your mouth and storm off when you call him out on it.
Yep. I can't stand when he quotes out of context, or takes your statements and argues about something you were never even referring to.

That being said, he's gotten much better than classic Noah.

And Noah this is a direct statement to you. Quit wetting yourself about what I'm saying about Snake when you know I logically spell out my arguments in plain English, yet you twist around what I was arguing into something else entirely. Besides I never even said Snake was gonna get cut, I stated reasons why he COULD be.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It appears Saturn isn't on the thread right now. (he was last seen 21 minutes ago)

So, what now?

Should we continue disucssing cuts? Or discuss something else? (not like theres really anything we haven't discussed already)

Gune

Smash Lord
It appears Saturn isn't on the thread right now. (he was last seen 21 minutes ago)

So, what now?

Should we continue disucssing cuts? Or discuss something else? (not like theres really anything we haven't discussed already)
I say we all chill for a sec maybe grab a sandwich or something, then we discuss how amazingly un exciting this month has been in terms of content revealed.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Premium
I understand the appeal, and the ever growing fan base, but aren't there better female Fire Emblem choices than Anna? I honestly don't know though. I haven't played any of the games, but based on artwork alone, I see a few others that seem like they'd be a little more fierce of competitors.

View attachment 3512

Or maybe I'm just a sucker for great legs and a pretty face.
Who is that pink-haired chick?!

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I say we all chill for a sec maybe grab a sandwich or something, then we discuss how amazingly un exciting this month has been in terms of content revealed.
I don't think we're done yet. I think we're getting one more character by the end of the month. Not only did the last on come on the 1st, but the last few screenshots were pretty unappealing, for lack of a better word.

Ray_Babe

Smash Rookie
Discussions over. Ike will not be cut.

... So, what about Marth?
I'm pretty 100% sure that Marth gonna be in it ~ :p
I'm pro with him in Melee and love him in Brawl too! I'll be upset if they cut him out as well..
Ike is just AWESOME and fights for Everybody ~ <3 Let's leave it at that. :3
Adding Roy back would be Great too XP it's been 12 years already since Melee.. Super Smash Bros. Wii U style would suit him perfectly ^___^

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

"HATERS GONNA HATE..."
My my, what a great way to state your point.
I'll have you know that I'm perfectly fine with having more characters, regardless if they're clones or completely original characters. I'm just saying what the average consumer would probably say.

First of all that's not true.
I think the point of DLC should be to add characters that normally couldn't get into the original game itself not characters who should be there in the first place. Lesser priority. People like memorable versions of characters like Dr. Mario & Pichu. Just because you'd prefer to buy something more than something else, doesn't mean you wouldn't pay for that something else by itself. I sure as hell would because I like those characters and so would others.
Which is exactly why I suggest Andy and Krystal. I wouldn't consider them higher priority, and I doubt you would too.
People may want to play as Dr. Mario and Pichu, and that's perfectly fine. But I'm sure a majority of people would prefer that alternate variations of existing characters to be alternate costumes. (Like what I mentioned before)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
(bluesy, jazzy music)

Staying up all night, hyping for no reason...

Don't expect no Little Mac, Pac-Man or Mii, yet I stay up anyway.

That Ness leak's prolly fake, yet I stay up anyway.

My parents call me crazy waiting for the Pic of the Day.

YEAH!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Here's something fun :troll:.

Based on the recent influx of Booker DeWitt photoshops that have been made lately (that I think are fantastic), let's see who can make the best ones.

So far I have Mewtwo DeWitt and Booker O'Donnell. Anybody else want to take a crack at it? Should be good fun.

Just try to maintain an on topic discussion in the same post. (I think it's great that i'm basically just Booker to some people on here. it's an honor.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
wat

y

I hope it's not some personal grudge.
1st. Magic tomes
2nd. Lai style with dual swords, with a possible bow.

Anna? levin sword. plus she such a gold digger :p

Oh and if you say oh lets put spears/swords/etc cause anna can use them all.

Remember that sakurai probably isn't going to base a characters moveset off a second seal....

Edit: Espio showed up, saying a persons name randomly hoping they'd show up does work o_O

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I understand the appeal, and the ever growing fan base, but aren't there better female Fire Emblem choices than Anna? I honestly don't know though. I haven't played any of the games, but based on artwork alone, I see a few others that seem like they'd be a little more fierce of competitors.

View attachment 3512

Or maybe I'm just a sucker for great legs and a pretty face.
Besides Anna, there is Michaiah and Tharja,
Michaiah is the more likely of the two,
Lucina is also a possibility, but if say it's either Chrom or Lucina, and Chrom is more likely than her.

Gune

Smash Lord
Here's something fun :troll:.

Based on the recent influx of Booker DeWitt photoshops that have been made lately (that I think are fantastic), let's see who can make the best ones.

So far I have Mewtwo DeWitt and Booker O'Donnell. Anybody else want to take a crack at it? Should be good fun.

Just try to maintain an on topic discussion in the same post. (I think it's great that i'm basically just Booker to some people on here. it's an honor.
You know I finished infinite a couple weeks ago it was a total mind ****.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Besides Anna, there is Michaiah and Tharja,
Michaiah is the more likely of the two,
Lucina is also a possibility, but if say it's either Chrom or Lucina, and Chrom is more likely than her.
I'd absolutely love Micaiah. She just seems interesting, has a relationship with Ike, and is a darn pretty lady. She adds to the "I'm in favor of more hot chicks" factor without adding a slutty character. Possibly we could also have Sothe and Black Knight factored into the game in some form because of her too. That's all very nice to speculate, but I don't expect her to show up.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Premium
Marisa is hot. I think she'll take the sword position on the triangle in my want roster.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
1st. Magic tomes
2nd. Lai style with dual swords, with a possible bow.

Anna? levin sword. plus she such a gold digger :p

Oh and if you say oh lets put spears/swords/etc cause anna can use them all.

Remember that sakurai probably isn't going to base a characters moveset off a second seal....
Ohoho, you imagine that Sakurai's depiction of Anna must inevitably be the playable character, ignoring her other incarnations? Even then you leave out staffs, sir!
I am not supporting Anna, nor to I wish to perform apologetics with Sakurai's views and mine, to get the Awakening trickster incarnation of Anna in, no, never have I, and to suggest that it would be her only chance at incarnation is like suggesting that Marth must use his Awakening DLC outfit in the next Smash!

Nay, I say, sir, her first and foremost role is the most flexible unit in all of Fire Emblem, and outside of that silly phrase I just said, I actually meant to say Merchant class unit, but I firmly believe that if I were a betting man, Sakurai would go along with whatever makes her unique for Fire Emblem, and most assuredly that would be lances, would it not? Besides, even if Sakurai chose to keep the Levin Sword, it is a very good and easy excuse to reflect its functionality as a magic tome, is it not?

Now, I ain't sayin' she a gol-digga, have you seen her romantic support with My Unit? Perhaps the tutorials she so graciously gives out, or the menus and connections she manages? Err, no, she totally didn't make an unknown deal with IS to perform all these other services, no sir-e. . . I hope. . .

Also, have you seen Hong's moveset, or the Anna thread in general? We've had these sorts of discussions a billion times over, and none have been able to rest our support. We've hard read that, wavedashed back, and charged our F-Smash. Some good stuff there~
I thought the merchant class used lances.
Er, sorry if I gave the wrong impression there, but traditionally she does use lances, yes. The only playable incarnation she has is Trickster class, which is relegated to swords and staffs. And don't misunderstand that either, she is also a fighting unit you do not control that uses spears only in the very same game, and then there's that super boss in the DLC and yeah. Anna is legion.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'd absolutely love Micaiah. She just seems interesting, has a relationship with Ike, and is a darn pretty lady. She adds to the "I'm in favor of more hot chicks" factor without adding a ****ty character. Possibly we could also have Sothe and Black Knight factored into the game in some form because of her too. That's all very nice to speculate, but I don't expect her to show up.
If you want more hot chicks, then why not have every female from awakening
There was the DLC pack to prove my point

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm really, really, really skeptical of anything of substance getting revealed tonight. Not that I think we'll never get newcomers on the site, since technically, WFT was the site's first update as a newcomer, I just have trouble imagining that the Mii specifically is going to be shat onto the site bearing the slogan "Want to learn about Mii? Here's the website for the first of many, many upcoming games that will undoubtedly feature them."

Only a few hours until I'm proven right we find out one way or the other.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Ohoho, you imagine that Sakurai's depiction of Anna must inevitably be the playable character, ignoring her other incarnations? Even then you leave out staffs, sir!
I am not supporting Anna, nor to I wish to perform apologetics with Sakurai's views and mine, to get the Awakening trickster incarnation of Anna in, no, never have I, and to suggest that it would be her only chance at incarnation is like suggesting that Marth must use his Awakening DLC outfit in the next Smash!

Nay, I say, sir, her first and foremost role is the most flexible unit in all of Fire Emblem, and outside of that silly phrase I just said, I actually meant to say Merchant class unit, but I firmly believe that if I were a betting man, Sakurai would go along with whatever makes her unique for Fire Emblem, and most assuredly that would be lances, would it not? Besides, even if Sakurai chose to keep the Levin Sword, it is a very good and easy excuse to reflect its functionality as a magic tome, is it not?

Now, I ain't sayin' she a gol-digga, have you seen her romantic support with My Unit? Perhaps the tutorials she so graciously gives out, or the menus and connections she manages? Err, no, she totally didn't make an unknown deal with IS to perform all these other services, no sir-e. . . I hope. . .

Also, have you seen Hong's moveset, or the Anna thread in general? We've had these sorts of discussions a billion times over, and none have been able to rest our support. We've hard read that, wavedashed back, and charged our F-Smash. Some good stuff there~

Er, sorry if I gave the wrong impression there, but traditionally she does use lances, yes. The only playable incarnation she has is Trickster class, which is relegated to swords and staffs. And don't misunderstand that either, she is also a fighting unit you do not control that uses spears only in the very same game, and then there's that super boss in the DLC and yeah. Anna is legion.
Yes I've played all FE's she's a gol-digga.... "someday I'll love you more than money" wtf is that bs lol.

But-but she's a recurring character! Ok lets add omochao cause he showed up in most sonic games.

Hong's moveset: oh yes let's just slap random stuff on random character like anna, sol katti as a jab is laughable, that weapon deserves more respect than that (why the hell is she using iconic weapons from OTHER lords?). If were gonna slap random moves from a game on a character it would best suit a character like the tactician, mii, and the villager. Not Anna.

Anyways I still think sakurai is gonna stick with the lords, because of obvious reasons, It'll probably end up marth, ike, roy.
If I wanted a spear character I'd rather have waddle dee.

Edit: Staffs heal in FE they are not attack based, so the staff thing is moot.
all I can see her legitimate using is a levin sword/with some possible spears. but again I don't see her happening over the other FE choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom