• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Honestly, I don't know who I would choose to cut out of Brawls roster. If I had to make a choice, I would save developing time and make Pokemon Trainer into Charizard.

Realistically speaking, that probably won't happen. So if I really had to make a choice, I would prefer either Jigglypuff, Wolf, or Lucas.

Of course I don't want anybody to be cut in the first place.

On the other hand, there is simply no way Fire Emblem will be bumped down to one slot. It will either be 2 or 3, being either Marth and Chrom, Marth and Ike, or Marth, Ike, Chrom, or Marth, Ike, Roy. Those are the only logical choices.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Uhmmm what? I'm insane for thinking 0-1 cut(s) will happen? Seems legit. Especially since my only reasonable cut is a 3rd party who is more known to appear on Sony consoles anyway. And only appeared once. And was a personal favor more than having merit to his inclusion. I'm nuts.
Yea, but the same things you're saying are against him were against him in the first place. So really, they don't matter as much as you think. Who cares about what merits he had. None of those things you listed stopped him from getting in in the first place.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Don't play Fire Emblem, but they're either going to replace Ike with a more relevant character from Fire Emblem(like Ike did to Roy), or simply add another character because a lot of people like Ike(every person I've played with loves him).

In more interesting news, I'm curious as to what everyone's predictions are for Pokemon Trainer? Do you think they will keep the same 3 Pokemon? Extend/Change them? Remove PT altogether?

My idea:
What I would like to see is to have one PT with 6, yes, 6 Pokemon. Each Pokemon would represent each Generation with two 3rd Evos, two 2nd Evos, and two 1st Evos(you would have to pick one from each category though). Alternatively, we could have two PTs, 3 Pokemon each representing the old gen pokemon and new gen pokemon respectively. Not to mention the different genders from each generation as costumes. What do you guys think?
You have a lot to learn, young Smasher.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Uhmmm what? I'm insane for thinking 0-1 cut(s) will happen? Seems legit. Especially since my only reasonable cut is a 3rd party who is more known to appear on Sony consoles anyway. And only appeared once. And was a personal favor more than having merit to his inclusion. I'm nuts.
To think Sakurai has only enough time constraints that he'd have to cut only one character? That's pretty dang farfetched. You might as well just cut one of the newcomers if it came to that.

New topic needed. Facepalming to much. Forehead has a giant bruise.
Maybe we should all just read a book or go outside. Something that won't kill our braincells like listening to Smash Boards as much as we do.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Honestly, I don't know who I would choose to cut out of Brawls roster. If I had to make a choice, I would save developing time and make Pokemon Trainer into Charizard.
Charizard is the clear icon of the three, but you have to admit, Ivysaur was the breakout star. And Squirtle was just so damn adorable.

power_bombs_and_water_guns_by_gentlemanly-d4pzdwc.png

Realistically speaking, that probably won't happen. So if I really had to make a choice, I would prefer either Jigglypuff, Wolf, or Lucas.

On the other hand, there is simply no way Fire Emblem will be bumped down to one slot. It will either be 2 or 3, being either Marth and Chrom, Marth and Ike, or Marth, Ike, Chrom, or Marth, Ike, Roy. Those are the only logical choices.
Yes, Yes, and Double Yes.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Yea, but the same things you're saying are against him were against him in the first place. So really, they don't matter as much as you think. Who cares about what merits he had. None of those things you listed stopped him from getting in in the first place.
Sakurai made a favor, that's how he got in. I'm just saying, take away that favor, and what does Snake have compared to Sonic and Mega Man? Unless Sakurai makes that favor again, or Sakurai has a no cut policy this time around, I wouldn't be shocked to see his removal, or if he was the only removal at all.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
You have a lot to learn, young Smasher.

It's simply an idea, nothing more nothing less. I was more curious as to what the consensus on PT was. I never said judge it as in being actually included in the game, but as a concept. I just think it's a sick way to rep the series.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Off topic: I just wanted to let everyone know in advance,
My friend Mega Dunsparce will be joining the boards tomorrow!
So please spare him when he comes on,
I'll basically tell him random stuff, like how Morbid likes everything, and how Saturn always argues.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
To think Sakurai has only enough time constraints that he'd have to cut only one character? That's pretty dang farfetched. You might as well just cut one of the newcomers if it came to that.

Maybe we should all just read a book or go outside. Something that won't kill our braincells like listening to Smash Boards as much as we do.
Huh? When did I ever say that was a factor? Not once. I stated Snake being cut makes the most sense of any cuts at this point. He's a 1-timer, 3rd party, and was only added as a favor. If he's cut, it's not a time constraint thing at all, it's because he didn't warrant a return. That's it. Please understand an argument properly instead of bringing up a moot point I never addressed nor was ever relevant to what I was saying.

Also, to think a time constraint problem will happen is ludicrous. SSE is gone, and that killed tons of dev time, not to mention the fact that Sonic delayed the game further with his late addition. Plus he hasn't even nailed down a release date or even a month. Just 2014. They won't run out of time, trust me. That's the point of the vague release date, no pressure to get everything Sakurai wants done.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'll basically tell him random stuff, like how Morbid likes everything, and how Saturn always argues.
Well at least you won't be lying. :p

Besides, I'm always open to new people, as long as they're not biased. :)

Gune

Smash Lord
Cut discussions are stupid it all boils down to who we think will have more priority, since we literally have no idea whatsoever who is higher priority than the others and won't know till the game comes out this conversation is just a bunch of opinions getting thrown around till someone gives up or gets pissed, this is the worst topic to be discussing especially for this thread.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai made a favor, that's how he got in. I'm just saying, take away that favor, and what does Snake have compared to Sonic and Mega Man? Unless Sakurai makes that favor again, or Sakurai has a no cut policy this time around, I wouldn't be shocked to see his removal, or if he was the only removal at all.
Sakurai wouldn't blindly have add a character due to a favor if he didn't think it was worth spending a slot on a Third-Party character, especially when there was Sonic & Mega Man to choose from before hand. Being a favor makes him likely to be low priority, but you are not giving Snake enough credit. He's one of the most unique and loved Smash characters as well as a pretty dang beloved and popular series. There is no way Sakurai is going to have just enough time that only 1 cut had to be made. Not to mention that only 1 character (let alone Snake) got cut, that would be completley unfair and make little to no sense. Why did only 1 character have to get cut anyway? Why would Sakurai have just that amount of time? And if he did, don't you think he'd rather keep Snake to avoid cuts all together?

It's also nice to see a M-Rated franchise in a Nintendo fighting game.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
It's simply an idea, nothing more nothing less. I was more curious as to what the consensus on PT was. I never said judge it as in being actually included in the game, but as a concept. I just think it's a sick way to rep the series.
It's an interesting idea, but I don't think it'll happen. First off, because of how complicated it would become. And second of all, because in Smash there aren't reps, just characters.

Also, most of my statement came from the fact that you said that Ike will be replaced by a newer FE character, because of the erroneous believe that Roy has been replaced by Ike for the same reason.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
You are not nuts my friend. This is in fact my prediction as well, but I guess everyone wants to hold onto their precious Snake, who has as much to do with Nintendo as my left foot.
Not hard for me to cut him though, I despise Snake for reasons I don't feel like explaining at the moment.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's not Snake being the only cut that's nuts. It's Sakurai's schedule resulting him only having to make ONE cut that's nuts. Especially him going through with it rather than keeping Snake for the sake of NO cuts.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

MemeCenter_1382666566006_783.jpg

but ya I can see your point,
my personal opinion would be to have snake cut if I had to have a veteran cut,
it would save up time dealing with third party and what not and of course it would make bomber man more likely too
but only if I had to chose a veteran cut would it be snake

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It's not Snake being the only cut that's nuts. It's Sakurai's schedule resulting him only having to make ONE cut that's nuts.
It wouldn't necessarily be Sakurai's schedule.
Snake could easily be a character planned to be cut from the get-go, in the vein of Pichu or Young Link.
When you say you despise Snake...do you "despise Snake in Brawl" or "despise Snake period"?
It's a tough call, as I love Snake's moveset, but what bothers me is that Snake, a character with almost nothing to do with Nintendo, got in as a FAVOR TO A FRIEND.
He didn't deserve it, but he got in anyway, no matter how iconic Snake is to Konami.
A character like Simon Belmont or Bomberman would rep Nintendo's relationship with Konami ten times better.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I doubt that would happen for every one else, but I would try
when I first joined this board, I was in the middle of this chaos, and had to work my way up to sane levels
in fact the only person to actually welcome me here and helped me get set into the smash vibe was Zhadgoon

Bajef8

Smash Ace
this is the worst topic to be discussing especially for this thread.
Discussing roster predictions (cuts) in the roster prediction thread? This is madness!
It's not Snake being the only cut that's nuts. It's Sakurai's schedule resulting him only having to make ONE cut that's nuts. Especially him going through with it rather than keeping Snake for the sake of NO cuts.
I swear, it's like you just completely passed over my previous posts....I'll just let you try and find that one where I said time constraints are the reason for his cut...good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom