• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I don't see why people are hogging on the idea that everyone from Brawl will return, but you are right in everything you said. If we are getting Brawl cuts, expect no more than 3. If people are making rosters, i recommend they cut at least one character.

As for a quick topic: They only cut two characters from Brawl. Who do you think they would be? Not who you want, but be.
I don't think any cuts are going to happen. But for the purpose of answering this odd hypo, I would say wolf and snake. Ike and lucario aren't going anywhere they both are important and have fun fighting styles. but again I don't think there will be cuts, this isn't sora ltd doing this solo, remember that the namco staff are helping as well.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't understand why people think Snake is going to get cut. Besides the fact that he is my home boy, there's quite literally no reason for him to be cut, especially with Sonic returning. He was one of the most unique additions to Brawl, the first 3rd Party character and was a favor for a close friend.

For all of you who don't think the favor means anything, think about it. If a close friend of yours asked you a favor, and it ended well, for what reason would you cut that character? Why? It's not like Snake is going to take Ridley's spot or something. If you're one of those Nintendo purists then GTFO.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I don't see why people are hogging on the idea that everyone from Brawl will return, but you are right in everything you said. If we are getting Brawl cuts, expect no more than 3. If people are making rosters, i recommend they cut at least one character.

As for a quick topic: They only cut two characters from Brawl. Who do you think they would be? Not who you want, but be.
Ike and Lucario.
.n_n.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't understand why people think Snake is going to get cut. Besides the fact that he is my home boy, there's quite literally no reason for him to be cut, especially with Sonic returning. He was one of the most unique additions to Brawl, the first 3rd Party character and was a favor for a close friend.

For all of you who don't think the favor means anything, think about it. If a close friend of yours asked you a favor, and it ended well, for what reason would you cut that character? Why? It's not like Snake is going to take Ridley's spot or something. If you're one of those Nintendo purists then GTFO.
So would you rather have more characters or no cuts with less newcomers?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Unless there are time constraints, or the fact he would cut Ike on purpose.
A: What time constraints would out prioritize Fire Emblem to one re
B: Why in the holy mother of god would he be cut entirely? Ike is a little more important than Pichu was.

I'd rather they keep the Brawl roster and add fewer newcomers to be honest.
So would I, that was basically the perfected roster and gave us everyone we really needed (with the exception of Mewtwo, Ridley, and Bomberman.)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So would you rather have more characters or no cuts with less newcomers?
Absolutely. Based on the fact that most of the characters worth adding are already in the game, if Ridley, Palutena, K.Rool, Mewtwo, Shulk, Little Mac, Miis, and Pac-Man were the only others in, i'd be fine.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
I'm continually baffled by everyone saying big cuts are happening. I, for one, would like to see Ike, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Ness & Lucas, and whomever else is "on the chopping block" so the stupidity will stop. Thank God Toon Link was shown, so the naysayers shut up.

However I feel as if Snake is the only viable and reasonable cut.

Edit: Reasons Snake's cut is reasonable
- He's no where near Sonic and Mega Man in terms of icon status
- He was literally just a favor, really no other reason for his inclusion
- Unique, cool, and I loved him, but it wouldn't be shocking to see a 1-time 3rd party leave, especially when said character has not really been known as someone who mostly shows up to Ninty consoles (pretty much associated w/ Sony the most)

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Don't play Fire Emblem, but they're either going to replace Ike with a more relevant character from Fire Emblem(like Ike did to Roy), or simply add another character because a lot of people like Ike(every person I've played with loves him).

In more interesting news, I'm curious as to what everyone's predictions are for Pokemon Trainer? Do you think they will keep the same 3 Pokemon? Extend/Change them? Remove PT altogether?

My idea:
What I would like to see is to have one PT with 6, yes, 6 Pokemon. Each Pokemon would represent each Generation with two 3rd Evos, two 2nd Evos, and two 1st Evos(you would have to pick one from each category though). Alternatively, we could have two PTs, 3 Pokemon each representing the old gen pokemon and new gen pokemon respectively. Not to mention the different genders from each generation as costumes. What do you guys think?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Isn't Mega Gengar melded to the ground?
With a base Special Attack Stat of 170 and a base speed stat of 130, you don't really need to go anywhere. :p Besides, if it weren't for Mewtwo now officially being the strongest pokemon of all-time once again, I'd say Gengar is the most terrifying thing out there...at least the most terrifying non-banned thing. :p

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
However I feel as if Snake is the only viable and reasonable cut.
Viable, maybe. But, reasonable? I wouldn't consider cutting one third-party and keeping the other very reasonable. And anybody who thinks the game will only get 1 cut is insane.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
This one lol.......is so dumb.

And I don't think anyone was stating that there was gonna be cuts, we were just answering game and watch's avi's hypothetical question. I for one think there will be no cuts. For toon link showed me the light.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
A: What time constraints would out prioritize Fire Emblem to one re
B: Why in the holy mother of god would he be cut entirely? Ike is a little more important than Pichu was.
A: Couldn't tell ya. Ask Sakurai.
B: Couldn't tell ya. Ask Sakurai.

Everything is up to Sakurai in the long run. If he chooses to cut Ike for whatever reason, or even no reason, for that matter, I'll respect his decision and have fun playing the game without Ike.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
on the regards of cuts, I think its safe to say that ever since Toon link announcement, cuts form brawl, obliviously has changed.
my opinion I doubt any one gets cut from brawl(and hoping) ever since Toon link got revealed
My idea:
What I would like to see is to have one PT with 6, yes, 6 Pokemon. Each Pokemon would represent each Generation with two 3rd Evos, two 2nd Evos, and two 1st Evos(you would have to pick one from each category though). Alternatively, we could have two PTs, 3 Pokemon each representing the old gen pokemon and new gen pokemon respectively. Not to mention the different genders from each generation as costumes. What do you guys think?

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Viable, maybe. But, reasonable? I wouldn't consider cutting one third-party and keeping the other very reasonable. And anybody who thinks the game will only get 1 cut is insane.
Uhmmm what? I'm insane for thinking 0-1 cut(s) will happen? Seems legit. Especially since my only reasonable cut is a 3rd party who is more known to appear on Sony consoles anyway. And only appeared once. And was a personal favor more than having merit to his inclusion. I'm nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom