• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
No need to act like a jerk to someone for being a Rayfan that's not as educated in Smash speculation.
Yes, because I'm laughing at her because she's a Rayman Fan and not as educated in Smash Speculation and NOT because she's a fangirl whose post almost put me in stitches for being so biased. :rolleyes:

Why is everyone wanting to get rid of Ike anyway?

Disgusting in my opinion.
Eh, that's mediocre...those that get rid of MARTH...there's your disgusting. :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Finally a man who wasn't born with a wrench sticking out of his brain.
I think form the prospective of the characters themselves, hence why I think getting rid of Ike just for the sake of getting rid of him is kind of shallow. He's one of the more popular characters introduced in Brawl and he's got a unique niche going for him, so why press for getting rid of him and expecting no back drift?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Eh, can't deny the possibility of him being cut. I don't think it's a good idea, but I'll acknowledge it could happen.
Considering there is no reason for it to happen I wouldn't. What reason could we have that we would only end up with 1 Fire Emblem Character? I can sure as hell tell you Chrom replacing Ike won't happen either. It'll happen as soon as Bunnelby takes the spotlight from Mewtwo.

Ray_Babe

Smash Rookie
I'm a Raygirl Of course~
But that doesn't mean I can Love Smash too! ;) I played All of them since I was young! and here I am now 23 <3 XD Me a Raygirl that Loves smash bros ^0^

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Considering there is no reason for it to happen I wouldn't. What reason could we have that we would only end up with 1 Fire Emblem Character? I can sure as hell tell you Chrom replacing Ike won't happen either. It'll happen as soon as Bunnelby takes the spotlight from Mewtwo.
Unless there are time constraints, or the fact he would cut Ike on purpose.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I didn't say there'd be a reason at all, let alone a good one. Sakurai said not to expect everyone to return. We have no idea who he'd choose to cut, provided he cuts anyone at all, so I acknowledge Ike as a possibility.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Unless there are time constraints, or the fact he would cut Ike on purpose.
And why the HELL would Sakurai cut a character who is popular and has a unique moveset?

Barring time constraints, of course. We all know what happened to Mewtwo.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
NU.

NU MOAR MII DIZCUZZION.

STAHP.

(sigh) We've run out of things to disucss at this point, basically....

So, uh, balance and programming issues aside, if you could get another team-type character like the Ice Climbers, who would you choose?
Donbe and Hikari, Lolo and Lala, Plusle and Minun. if I tried harder I could probably think of some more

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I really don't think cuts from Brawl are going to be as big as people think.

As Sakurai has said, we shouldn't expect everybody back. But did some of you know what the interviewer asked?

He asked if all characters from the entire series would be back. This includes Young Link, Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy and Mewtwo, and the Brawl roster.

So really, there's some wiggle room there. If you ask me, Lucario and Ike are pretty much necessities when it comes to Smash (Ike on a larger note). Both are popular characters and maintain their popularity now.

Also, I don't think it's a matter of a character getting deliberately excluded as much as it is who is top priority as opposed to low priority. Last time the only reason Mewtwo and Roy probably didn't make it was because of SANIC. So unless there are complications, there shouldn't be many cuts, if there are any at all. I'd rather they keep the Brawl roster and add fewer newcomers to be honest.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
I really don't think cuts from Brawl are going to be as big as people think.

As Sakurai has said, we shouldn't expect everybody back. But did some of you know what the interviewer asked?

He asked if all characters from the entire series would be back. This includes Young Link, Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy and Mewtwo, and the Brawl roster.

So really, there's some wiggle room there. If you ask me, Lucario and Ike are pretty much necessities when it comes to Smash (Ike on a larger note). Both are popular characters and maintain their popularity now.

Also, I don't think it's a matter of a character getting deliberately excluded as much as it is who is top priority as opposed to low priority. Last time the only reason Mewtwo and Roy probably didn't make it was because of SANIC. So unless there are complications, there shouldn't be many cuts, if there are any at all. I'd rather they keep the Brawl roster and add fewer newcomers to be honest.
I don't see why people are hogging on the idea that everyone from Brawl will return, but you are right in everything you said. If we are getting Brawl cuts, expect no more than 3. If people are making rosters, i recommend they cut at least one character.

As for a quick topic: They only cut two characters from Brawl. Who do you think they would be? Not who you want, but be.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't see why people are hogging on the idea that everyone from Brawl will return, but you are right in everything you said. If we are getting Brawl cuts, expect no more than 3. If people are making rosters, i recommend they cut at least one character.

As for a quick topic: They only cut two characters from Brawl. Who do you think they would be? Not who you want, but be.
Snake and Ike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom