• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't know. Today's picture just seems so...strange to me. I feel like there's more to it. It's like he's saying, "It's our 100th post. Who gives a ****?"

Btw I agree with Gune. I can appreciate Sonic, but this month SUCKED BAWLS. If we don't get anybody next week, then we had better get somebody good at the beginning of next month. Totally serious. It better not be somebody obvious like...Yoshi. Not this month. It needs to be somebody that everybody wants to see revealed.

JUST SOMETHING GOOD SAKURAI. YOU ****. JHBSFHSJFUSKJDSDSJFIOJNSFOIFH

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The picture with Mario and Luigi in the boxing ring stage confirms Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man.

People were saying that they might be confirmed today because of Punch-Out!!'s anniversary and release dates of both Wii Party U and Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures.

The boxing ring refers to both Wii Sports and Punch-Out!! That is obvious but Pac-Man is subtle. See, this is how it goes...

Mario and Luigi = Mario Bros. (arcade)
Boxing ring = Punch-Out!! (arcade)

Both are arcade games and Pac-Man is an arcade game.

:troll:

-----------------------------------------------v-ME-v------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------^-Sakurai-^--------------------------------------------

Expecting a Nintendo Direct today is like expecting me to survive a 4th Knock Down in Punch Out. :(
(Mashes buttons like a maniac)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'd like to see Ridley revealed for Halloween.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
And now... a roster by yours truly. With 53 characters, it might be a little optimistic, though.

Pokémon Trainer uses Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur, like in Brawl.
All characters from Brawl return and so do Mewtwo and Roy.
Dillon might be the unlikeliest character of this roster, but I think he'd have a unique playstyle.

Feel free to comment it.

?????????????

Smash Master
And now... a roster by yours truly. With 53 characters, it might be a little optimistic, though.

Dillon might be the unlikeliest character of this roster, but I think he'd have a unique playstyle.

Feel free to comment it.
I dig this roster. The only specific character I don't really care for is Dillon, but I don't mind him either.

So... just out of curiosity...

What would a Dillon moveset look like? I'll grant that I haven't looked into Rolling Western much, but from what I HAVE seen, I haven't seen much that Dillon can do that Sonic can't.

Am I totally wrong? Does Dillon have a ton of stuff to offer that I'm missing?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

Feel free to comment it.
I'd love it more if it had some Aegislash. This pokemon looks like he's made for smash.:troll:

Other than that I think it's a great roster. Dillon would be a good choice from another new franchise besides Shulk.

Starfy > Dillon
My opinion.
Why not both?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Speaking of swimming..

One big change I'd love to see for water battles are either low gravity or infinite jumps.
Desperatey paddling on the surface just doesn't cut it for me.
I cringe everytime I see the likes of Ganondorf or Squirtle paddling for their lives.

?????????????

Smash Master
Speaking of swimming..

One big change I'd love to see for water battles are either low gravity or infinite jumps.
Desperatey paddling on the surface just doesn't cut it for me.
I cringe everytime I see the likes of Ganondorf or Squirtle paddling for their lives.
At the least, I'd like to see a "Swim Ability": characters who simply don't drown. Like Squirtle and Starfy.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I dig this roster. The only specific character I don't really care for is Dillon, but I don't mind him either.

So... just out of curiosity...

What would a Dillon moveset look like? I'll grant that I haven't looked into Rolling Western much, but from what I HAVE seen, I haven't seen much that Dillon can do that Sonic can't.

Am I totally wrong? Does Dillon have a ton of stuff to offer that I'm missing?
Well for starters:

- He has dynamite
- an item that lets him teleport
- other explosives, basic bombs I believe
- claw attacks
- grinding/spinning on opponents while in place (footstool into spin attack would be OP)
- item that freezes/stops opponents
- aerial attacks that could would work like Marth's side B
- towers with guns attached that he can set up for maximum projectile camping :troll:

Like how Villager can grow a tree, Dillon could build a gun tower about the size of the tree and it could have a basic shotgun attached at first but you can upgrade to a machine gun or a laser beam?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'd love it more if it had some Aegislash. This pokemon looks like he's made for smash.:troll:

Other than that I think it's a great roster. Dillon would be a good choice from another new franchise besides Shulk.

Why not both?

Aegislash is broken,is like the Metaknight of Pokemon X/Y.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Aegislash is broken,is like the Metaknight of Pokemon X/Y.
I'm okay with this. But it doesn't mean it would be broken in Smash. We've had characters in smash that should be stronger or better than they should be but are just plain terrible.:ganondorf:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm okay with this. But it doesn't mean it would be broken in Smash. We've had characters in smash that should be stronger or better than they should be but are just plain terrible.:ganondorf:
Yeah,I know that,but I was only talking about Pokemon X/Y :B ,Well on topic...
Today's screenshot was lame...

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Do you guys think there will be a Smash Direct in November?
There better be!
Or I'll cry.:(

On a new topic: who would be your favorite impossible 3rd party character,
Mine would be Heavy
image.jpg

HEAVY WEAPONS GUY FOR SSB4!!!

Why not both?
Id put money on the fact that one of his evolutions will b a Pokéball.

EDIT: MYAARR!!! I DID A DAMN TRIPLE POST!!!!

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
On the topic of fav pkmn:

1. Gallade
2. Alakazam
3. Grovyle
4. Mewtwo
5. Braixen
6. Arcanine
7. Pancham
8. Charmander
9. Pikachu
10. Squirtle

On the topic of Smash Direct: Yes, please.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
On a new topic: who would be your favorite possible 3rd party character,
Mine would be Heavy
View attachment 3554
HEAVY WEAPONS GUY FOR SSB4!!!

I know I´d kinda be wasting a slot on another Capcom rep, but I´d really love to have a bionic-arm based moveset, with lots of grappling from afar, grenades, lasers, electric grappling, death from above, and so many more.

I would´ve rather have THIS guy in PSASBR than Donte.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

I know I´d kinda be wasting a slot on another Capcom rep, but I´d really love to have a bionic-arm based moveset, with lots of grappling from afar, grenades, lasers, electric grappling, death from above, and so many more.

I would´ve rather have THIS guy in PSASBR than Donte.
It would have to be Tomba for me.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
For a 3rd party character, I'd go with Spyro. Definitely the purple dragon.

Is there a Spyro thread?
I don't think so.
Meh, I won't make one, I can't think of any justifications for the poor guy.

I hope this impossible 3rd party topic goes long enough so this thread won't completely die, because that's where it's going
RESPOND PEOPLE!!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Is there a Spyro thread?
I don't think so.
Meh, I won't make one, I can't think of any justifications for the poor guy.
There is a Spyro thread.

It's for the Skylanders version though, since another company bought Spyro, therefore, if Spyro EVER got in, (which isn't even remotely likely) it'd be the Skylanders Spyro. (and I don't like the Skylanders version that much)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
For a 3rd party character, I'd go with Spyro. Definitely the purple dragon.

As long as he doesn't look like this.

But I fear his skylanders look would end up being more likely due to Spyro not having his own franchise anymore.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Favorite Pokemon? Almost missed it-

10: Pachirisu
9: Haunter
8:Squirtle
7: Blaziken
6: Pichu
5: Ivysaur
4: Chikorita
3: Empoleon
2: Charmander
1: Luxray

(I'd count Plusle and Minun too if they weren't seprate Pokemon)

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
My lord, do I ever hate Skylanders Spyro. Ugh...it's so bad. I can't stand it. I'm totally down for Spyro in Smash, but only if he reverted back to his original design, which at this point is highly unlikely.

I guess I should be glad that Spyro has almost no chance of appearing in Smash. ~

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
My lord, do I ever hate Skylanders Spyro. Ugh...it's so bad. I can't stand it. I'm totally down for Spyro in Smash, but only if he reverted back to his original design, which at this point is highly unlikely.

I guess I should be glad that Spyro has almost no chance of appearing in Smash. ~
Who knows
The Rabbids practically stole Rayman's franchise.
But he came back in Origins and now Legends.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
You know I was thinking about Snake and his inclusion in SSB, maybe one of the reasons that Nintendo let Sakurai add to him in the roster would in some way a slap in the face to Sony, like saying I have one of your biggest Stars in your console appear with my Biggest Stars and some are so Iconic and important that even if you try the idea it would not probably succeed because of my history and the importance that those franchises represent to the industry. Is more the idea about you are to young and I have the experience and the resources to complete my goals and is something you are lacking (something in those lines, obviously is my perception and my own thinking so take it with a grant of salt).

.n_n.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You know I was thinking about Snake and his inclusion in SSB, maybe one of the reasons that Nintendo let Sakurai add to him in the roster would in some way a slap in the face to Sony, like saying I have one of your biggest Stars in your console appear with my Biggest Stars and some are so Iconic and important that even if you try the idea it would not probably succeed because of my history and the importance that those franchises represent to the industry. Is more the idea about you are to young and I have the experience and the resources to complete my goals and is something you are lacking (something in those lines, obviously is my perception and my own thinking so take it with a grant of salt).

.n_n.
So would a Master Cheif inclusion be a slap to Microsoft, or a slap to us for doubting him.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So I just started up my Wii U so that I can play Batman, so I checked Miiverse for Smash Bros.

Holy. ****. I have no brain cells remaining from the sheer stupidity of people on that program. Soooooo stupid.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
So I just started up my Wii U so that I can play Batman, so I checked Miiverse for Smash Bros.

Holy. ****. I have no brain cells remaining from the sheer stupidity of people on that program. Soooooo stupid.
Do you mind posting some pics? Just for giggles?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

That's impossible actually, you can't actually lose brain cells unles you have cancer or a disease.
But I know what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom