• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm pretty sure that Bomberman is more likely.

I dunno, I feel like that Simon would offer a bit more in terms of an interesting moveset. Even with Bomberman having elemental bombs. Simon has knives, holy water, axes, his whip and whatnot.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Yeah but if MGS5 is coming to PS3 why isn't it coming to WiiU now that they can? I don't understand Kojima at all. :facepalm:
Probably is not the decision of Kojima alone and if I read correctly somewhere the engine or the software that they were using to create MGS5 can only work in XboxOne and PS4, thats why it will not come to WiiU (and I think they will not invest extra money in porting the game when their audience is concentrated in XboxOne and PS4).
.n_n.

Morbi

Scavenger
But it's been rated T since Melee.
Simon's chances just sky rocketed in my opinion. Is it really T-rated though? What on earth entails the game to be T-Rated?! It isn't like Mario is cussing in Italian or something. This is something I never knew, cartoon violence? It doesn't really matter too much though, it is pretty much the same thing, they don't restrict T games as though they are M games.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Probably is not the decision of Kojima alone and if I read correctly somewhere the engine or the software that they were using to create MGS5 can only work in XboxOne and PS4, thats why it will not come to WiiU (and I think they will not invest extra money in porting the game when their audience is concentrated in XboxOne and PS4).
.n_n.
But I've read it's coming also for 360/PS3 that's why I was wondering why isn't it on WiiU. Guess those sites are wrong.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Simon's chances just sky rocketed in my opinion. Is it really T-rated though? What on earth entails the game to be T-Rated?! It isn't like Mario is cussing in Italian or something. This is something I never knew, cartoon violence? It doesn't really matter too much though, it is pretty much the same thing, they don't restrict T games as though they are M games.
smash is rated T,
because you have Nintendo characters beating the **** out of each other,
that's why

Morbi

Scavenger
But I've read it's coming also for 360/PS3 that's why I was wondering why isn't it on WiiU. Guess those sites are wrong.
I just looked it up too, apparently it is coming out for the current gen consoles. This is surprising, I see no reason why it wouldn't come on the Wii U (aside from Nintendo's pitiful state as a company that is).

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Snake.
And I guess characters like Link an Marth look like "realistic" people fighting eachother.
Oh, and Samus' jigglypuffs in Brawl. The physics on those things.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Simon's chances just sky rocketed in my opinion. Is it really T-rated though? What on earth entails the game to be T-Rated?!
Because it have violence and characters that are somewhat realistic, that's why.

Hey, I never said it makes since. Remember, the ESRB will bump pretty much any game to M if it has blood in it.

Morbi

Scavenger
Because it have violence and characters that are somewhat realistic, that's why.

Hey, I never said it makes since. Remember, the ESRB will bump pretty much any game to M if it has blood in it.
Yes, the arbitrary rating system offered by the ESRB is less than ideal. I feel the same way about whatever system the theaters adopted. The system is based on subjective values, yet it is used as an objective standard. Why? Because parents are unable to govern what their disrespectful whelp of a child does 24/7. This is a little too off topic. Haha.

Roster speculation... roster speculation... the notion just crossed my mind. What if we didn't get Roy or Chrom... or Lynn? Instead, they decide that Marth and Ike are perfect to represent Fire Emblem! I wouldn't mind too much, my sister on the other hand, she would be fairly upset. She doesn't play Fire Emblem, but they are her favorite characters in Smash.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Roster speculation... roster speculation... the notion just crossed my mind. What if we didn't get Roy or Chrom... or Lynn? Instead, they decide that Marth and Ike are perfect to represent Fire Emblem! I wouldn't mind too much, my sister on the other hand, she would be fairly upset. She doesn't play Fire Emblem, but they are her favorite characters in Smash.
I certainly wouldn't mind, my interest in Fire Emblem only go as far as playing Ike in Smash Bros, don't really care for it otherwise, so I really just want to see Ike return. Though I have been thinking about playing Path of Radiance.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yes, the arbitrary rating system offered by the ESRB is less than ideal. I feel the same way about whatever system the theaters adopted. The system is based on subjective values, yet it is used as an objective standard. Why? Because parents are unable to govern what their disrespectful whelp of a child does 24/7. This is a little too off topic. Haha.

You have a sister?
For some reason I picture her like this.
image.jpg

Where did everyone go?
R.I.P.
The roster prediction discussion thread.
May it's code rest in peace.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35

I would be upset for a while but I'll get over it...I would have to settle for Marth again though...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Do we think that we will get either Shulk, Saki, or Isaac or that we can get more than one or all three?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Honestly, I cannot disagree more. What has Diskun done that is actually significant to Nintendo's history? It's the mascot of an add on that wasn't even released in the US because it did so poorly.

Even Sheriff is a better choice, and he's not even the first character of Nintendo.
I don't know,I don't like historical characters I only choose Diskun because is cute XDDD

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Do we think that we will get either Shulk, Saki, or Isaac or that we can get more than one or all three?
In this order
1, Shulk
2, Isaac
3, Saki
We might get 2, but probably not 3
Unless Sakurai doesn't want to expand on already existing series a lot, which is a possibility.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

I think it's entirely possible to get all 3. Why not?

At least I can sort of vouch for Isaac and Saki since they're not your regular swordsmen.

Isaac has a bigger emphasis on Psyenergy, and even some of his sword attacks can be magical.
Saki is more of a gun+sword fighter, which we don't have so far. Plus Sakurai could focus on an AIMING system which hasn't been represented so far (outside of Snake's final smash).

So Isaac and Saki at least couldn't be more different from one another.

I don't know a lot about Shulk so far, so I'm not sure what unique quirk he could bring to sword fighting that we already know.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think Isaac is the most likely of the trio, followed closely by Shulk and then Saki. My reasoning is that he is from an established and popular series, having more games than the other two, and his last game is not that old. My 2 cents.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I think Isaac is the most likely of the trio, followed closely by Shulk and then Saki. My reasoning is that he is from an established and popular series, having more games than the other two, and his last game is not that old. My 2 cents.
But the problem is, Goldensun is practically dead, it could get a 3ds game, but that's unlikely.
Shulk; however, is newer, and his game is one of the best on the wii and might tie in to MS's X.
Saki is better as an assist.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I wouldn't be surprised by any of the those three, but I'm not expecting them, either. Mainly because there are so many characters left to include that deserve a spot in Smash Bros. first (Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Dixie Kong, Toad, Bowser Jr., Mii, Pac-Man, another FE character, Takamaru/another retro, and a history character all deserve inclusion before Isaac, Shulk, and especially Saki)

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I´m not so sure in the technical aspect thats why I can´t give you a proper answer, but is not about capacity is more about how the software they were using synergy with the hardware (I think is something with DirectX and the combination of the WiiU hardware that they need to adapt it in so form and and it will cost a lot of money thats why they don't want to port it).
.n_n.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Since everyone's giving their favorites:
1) Escavalier
2) Greninja
3) Manectric
4) Luxray
5) Espeon
6) Gallade
7) Froslass
8) Kabuto line
9) Tyrantrum/Anorith
10) Salamence

That was tough to shorten down, I have quite a few favorites in Pokemon.

Between those three, I'd expect Shulk first, then Issac, then Saki. The former hails from one of the most well received Wii games in Japan and has one of the most popular new series choices so between the three he has the most clout. Issac's series has fallen on hard times and interest has fallen (especially in Japan), but he's not out and still has a chance. Saki doesn't stand out as much as those two or even other newcomers, so he can fall on the wayside easily.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think Shulk is probably the most likely, closely followed by Isaac. I do not really think that Saki has what it takes to compete. I don't necessarily want any of them, but Shulk has some things going for him. Isaac has some Smash relevance along with popularity. Saki... I don't even know how he made it as an assist trophy to be perfectly honest.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But the problem is, Goldensun is practically dead, it could get a 3ds game, but that's unlikely.
Shulk; however, is newer, and his game is one of the best on the wii and might tie in to MS's X.
Saki is better as an assist.
While the series is dormant, it isn't too big of a problem, imo.

The last game of the series, Dark Dawn came out in late 2010, more than two years AFTER Brawl.

Smash 4 is pretty much going to focus on the period after Brawl, so there.

Isaac's assist trophy appearance in Brawl helps him too, as it made him known to a much bigger audience than before.

Isaac is still among the top 10 requested characters for Smash 4 and is full to the brim with moveset potential.

As for Shulk, we don't have any info whether X is directly related to Xenoblade or whether Shulk appears in it or not. I haven't played Xenoblade so I can't comment too much on his chances.

And no, I'd prefer Saki playable rather than an assist. :p

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Out of Saki, Shulk, and Isaac, I think Shulk has the best chance. As for favorite Pokemon:

• Slowbro
  • Starmie
  • Tyranitar
  • Gardevoir
  • Blaziken
  • Milotic
  • Medicham
  • Altaria
  • Empoleon
  • Magnezone
  • Togetic
  • Chandelure
  • Archeops
  • Delphox
  • Aurorus
I like Gen 3 the most...

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
To summarize my point... again. A pattern exists Regardless of any relevance or significance, regardless of whether it was Sakurai's intent, and regardless of whether or not it can be interpreted objectively.
I think the label of 'pattern' is a misnomer, on both your parts, especially where it concerns probability.
A pattern, according to the Oxford Dictionary, is a decoration (more accurately an adornment) of a repeated and recurring design, and the adjective form gives a thing that recurring design.
In speculation, a true pattern does not beget itself, but is rather a creation of the art form of statistics, at what point do individuals in a data set become predictable that we may allocate an unwavering pattern to them? I for one think the samples far too few, which in turn make the predictable correlation extremely weak, not to mention the intense complications of the other factors creating hidden variables and confusing our ability to link causation between the two. What we label as pattern springs from our estimation of this very thing, where Golden is concerned, he does not see a pattern from this association, and thus rejects the notion that it is a pattern, outside of that he then sees the outcome of his judgement and makes the judgement that there is no proper 'pattern' which can be assigned, which he then articulates through the other forms of 'unpredictability' and the like. That itself is not a pattern, but rather the natural product of what he perceives as no pattern. Not only that, but when we say patterns we generally assume a predictability from that statistical association, it is that assumption which governs whether there is a pattern or not, and as we have not seen the future, we cannot say if the pattern will apply, most especially with such low relation.
It's really not a pattern, it's what we think of as a pattern that matters. Get to the root, I say, and when I'm at the root I see a low r^2 value and no causal relationship, therefore I wouldn't call it a pattern.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
While the series is dormant, it isn't too big of a problem, imo.

The last game of the series, Dark Dawn came out in late 2010, more than two years AFTER Brawl.

Smash 4 is pretty much going to focus on the period after Brawl, so there.

Isaac's assist trophy appearance in Brawl helps him too, as it made him known to a much bigger audience than before.

Isaac is still among the top 10 requested characters for Smash 4 and is full to the brim with moveset potential.

As for Shulk, we don't have any info whether X is directly related to Xenoblade or whether Shulk appears in it or not. I haven't played Xenoblade so I can't comment too much on his chances.

And no, I'd prefer Saki playable rather than an assist. :p
Dark Dawn featured Matthew, right? I'd still assume Issac would get in over his son, but is there any chance they would add Matthew instead?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Since everyone's giving their favorites:
1) Escavalier
2) Greninja
3) Manectric
4) Luxray
5) Espeon
6) Gallade
7) Froslass
8) Kabuto line
9) Tyrantrum/Anorith
10) Salamence

That was tough to shorten down, I have quite a few favorites in Pokemon.

Between those three, I'd expect Shulk first, then Issac, then Saki. The former hails from one of the most well received Wii games in Japan and has one of the most popular new series choices so between the three he has the most clout. Issac's series has fallen on hard times and interest has fallen (especially in Japan), but he's not out and still has a chance. Saki doesn't stand out as much as those two or even other newcomers, so he can fall on the wayside easily.

Forgot all to add Salamence to my list. I'm hoping to see Isaac the most of the three. Not sure who has the best of chances though, all three of them seem cool. And each has things going for and against them. I want to say Isaac has a very slight edge simply for the powers he has at his disposal.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think the label of 'pattern' is a misnomer, on both your parts, especially where it concerns probability.
A pattern, according to the Oxford Dictionary, is a decoration (more accurately an adornment) of a repeated and recurring design, and the adjective form gives a thing that recurring design.
In speculation, a true pattern does not beget itself, but is rather a creation of the art form of statistics, at what point do individuals in a data set become predictable that we may allocate an unwavering pattern to them? I for one think the samples far too few, which in turn make the predictable correlation extremely weak, not to mention the intense complications of the other factors creating hidden variables and confusing our ability to link causation between the two. What we label as pattern springs from our estimation of this very thing, where Golden is concerned, he does not see a pattern from this association, and thus rejects the notion that it is a pattern, outside of that he then sees the outcome of his judgement and makes the judgement that there is no proper 'pattern' which can be assigned, which he then articulates through the other forms of 'unpredictability' and the like. That itself is not a pattern, but rather the natural product of what he perceives as no pattern. Not only that, but when we say patterns we generally assume a predictability from that statistical association, it is that assumption which governs whether there is a pattern or not, and as we have not seen the future, we cannot say if the pattern will apply, most especially with such low relation.
It's really not a pattern, it's what we think of as a pattern that matters. Get to the root, I say, and when I'm at the root I see a low r^2 value and no causal relationship, therefore I wouldn't call it a pattern.
At least that is an articulate and cohesive response. If that is actually what he believes, more power to him. Nothing in his posts allude to this being his rationale aside from the notion that he disregards it as a pattern. I do agree that there really isn't enough to establish a pattern, that doesn't necessarily mean that one hasn't been conceived. At that point, we are arguing semantics, I think it is time to agree to disagree. I think there is a pattern, I do not think that pattern is sufficient enough to incite support or anything of that nature.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dark Dawn featured Matthew, right? I'd still assume Issac would get in over his son, but is there any chance they would add Matthew instead?
After Olimar's confirmation, I'm pretty confident we'll get Isaac if we get someone from Golden Sun.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
At least that is an articulate and cohesive response. If that is actually what he believes, more power to him. Nothing in his posts allude to this being his rationale aside from the notion that he disregards it as a pattern. I do agree that there really isn't enough to establish a pattern, that doesn't necessarily mean that one hasn't been conceived. At that point, we are arguing semantics, I think it is time to agree to disagree. I think there is a pattern, I do not think that pattern is sufficient enough to incite support or anything of that nature.
How long has this pattern argument been going on?

Morbi

Scavenger
After Olimar's confirmation, I'm pretty confident we'll get Isaac if we get someone from Golden Sun.
I apologize, I am not following, what is the correlation between Olimar's confirmation and the possibility of a Golden Sun representative... or more specifically Isaac?

@Tumblr
It has seriously been going on for 2 days, today would be the third I believe. I am going to drop it, I know I said that earlier and I didn't follow through, this time I am done. I tried to send him a PM to reconcile, he just said he is going to respond again. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom