• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Saki is FAR less likely than Shulk and Isaac.
Shulk is an obvious choice, Isaac is incredibly popular.
Saki is nothing. Just some guy from yet another Nintendo franchise.
He is not well wanted, recent, nor would he bring anything truly interesting to Smash.
Shulk has his big hulking sword, and Isaac has his Psyenergy.
I just don't want Saki. He doesn't really catch my attention at all. In fact, I would go as far to say that I don't WANT Saki. There are far more deserving characters, and 2 I've mentioned two sentences ago.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, Ridley is the popular choice for Metroid characters, but let's say you get to pick another Metroid character; who would you pick? I'd go for Dark Samus myself. Since I feel that Dark Samus can offer some interesting powers into her moveset, like laying Phazon traps or something.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sakurai likes rail shooters like Star Fox. I think he might have a thing for Saki. But still I think the order might be: Shulk, Issac, Saki.

Shulk has the momentum as a series and is a new series. Big points. I do think Sakurai would have to drop Ike and pick a new FE character if he includes a Big Ass sword character like Shulk.

While Shulk has the popularity, Isaac as the moveset potential. A ground-oriented character that can effect the stage would be cool.

Saki does have potential as a character focused on aim-able projectiles. And Sakurai does like his genre of games. But I am not sure if Saki really caught on with other people.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So, Ridley is the popular choice for Metroid characters, but let's say you get to pick another Metroid character; who would you pick? I'd go for Dark Samus myself. Since I feel that Dark Samus can offer some interesting powers into her moveset, like laying Phazon traps or something.
I'd rather get a generic Space Pirate, honestly, because Dark Samus would almost definitely be made into a clone by Sakurai.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I guess one of the more interesting bounty hunters might be neat. But really, Metroid should get either Ridley or nothing.

Morbi

Scavenger
un*in*te*li*gent: adj. 1. Having or displaying a lack of intelligence. 2. Not invested with intelligence

id*i*ot: n. 1. A foolish or stupid person.

Basically, despite the slight difference within terminological definitions, you are still insinuating GoldenYuiitusin and Xenoblaze as having low intellectual capacities, regardless of your intent. If you are making a palpable statement that GY is "unintelligent", than you are also do the same towards all those in agreement with GY, including XB. Nevertheless, it's nothing more than a blatant ad-hominem attack that will only serve to angrily provoke them, especially considering they will not take so kindly to these insulting remarks.

Gods, you have just officially signed your death certificate, Morbid. I send my condolences.
To be honest, I didn't really care at that point, ad hominem was used against me first so I retaliated. Maybe wrongfully so. At the same time, I have to be honest. I am not going to be fake.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd rather get a generic Space Pirate, honestly, because Dark Samus would almost definitely be made into a clone by Sakurai.

So its not so much the character, but rather chances of their potential not being used? I can understand that. Though obviously Ridley would be the most fitting of the Metroid characters to be added, I wouldn't mind others being added at some point in the Smash series. Especially Dark Samus(or Sylux if he ever gets another appearance or two)

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Sylux or Weavel (Half Torret and Half Hunter FTW).
.n_n.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So its not so much the character, but rather chances of their potential not being used? I can understand that. Though obviously Ridley would be the most fitting of the Metroid characters to be added, I wouldn't mind others being added at some point in the Smash series.
Exactly. Dark Samus would be cool if done right...but it's the same situation as Dark Pit; they both have plenty of potential, but they'd simply be clones if they were to get in.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Haha. Kraid I actually would say should stay toooo BIG. That is a defining characteristic he took on from the SNES game and onward. I liked how he revolved the stage in Melee.

Morbi

Scavenger
To be honest, I would have no problem with getting Ridley and Kraid. Ridley would be the one that most people actually care about, while everyone would be terribly confused by Kraid :D
I honestly wouldn't mind Kraid. Ridley is over-hyped, he doesn't actually offer too much to the roster in my opinion. I still want him in, if only for Jigglypuff to be able to super effect it will immaculate fairy based attacks.

like I said I just don't think anyone else from Metroid is interesting
and the day I use that argument is the day that Pokémon becomes real life and turns mankind into their slaves for their battles and amusement
I wish that you would use that argument... I want to catch a Jigglypuff and brush its hair. Together we will produce electronic music and become the next Skrillex!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What about Kraid! He already has some relevance to Smash! Don't you dare tell me he is too big!

With Kraid, its not so much the size. Since one of the games had that mini Kraid. But his body shape is kinda awkward. It might be hard to work for a fighting game.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
un*in*te*li*gent: adj. 1. Having or displaying a lack of intelligence. 2. Not invested with intelligence

id*i*ot: n. 1. A foolish or stupid person.

Basically, despite the slight difference within terminological definitions, you are still insinuating GoldenYuiitusin and Xenoblaze as having low intellectual capacities, regardless of your intent. If you are making a palpable statement that GY is "unintelligent", than you are also do the same towards all those in agreement with GY, including XB. Nevertheless, it's nothing more than a blatant ad-hominem attack that will only serve to angrily provoke them, especially considering they will not take so kindly to these insulting remarks.

Gods, you have just officially signed your death certificate, Morbid. I send my condolences.
I like to think Golden just likes to beat up on this poor Jigglypuff with his fiery rage, regardless of any argument or logic from the opposing side. Habanero is just....blunt. Very blunt. I think it's funny.

Blunt...blade. Blunt blade....dull. Dull...boring. Chrom? ZOMG Habanero = Chrom!!! :troll:

I await my punishment and fear for my life. Have mercy on my soul.

Morbi

Scavenger
With Kraid, its not so much the size. Since one of the games had that mini Kraid. But his body shape is kinda awkward. It might be hard to work for a fighting game.
His body shape is less awkward than Ridley's in my opinion. The more humanoid aesthetics really help him in my opinion. I just think it would look better than Spyro. Kraid going to pop out of his stage and join in the action. He just needs whatever drug Olimar took and he will be set.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I wish that you would use that argument... I want to catch a Jigglypuff and brush its hair. Together we will produce electronic music and become the next Skrillex!
and then that Jigglypuff will then force you to battle someone else and continue to, till you die (or nearly do) till she brings you to an hospital where you'll get replaced, and most likely die alone.
so for the sake of humanity and its safety for it not to turn in to a video game, I will never use that argument.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I like to think Golden just likes to beat up on this poor Jigglypuff with his fiery rage, regardless of any argument or logic from the opposing side. Habanero is just....blunt. Very blunt. I think it's funny.

Blunt...blade. Blunt blade....dull. Dull...boring. Chrom? ZOMG Habanero = Chrom!!! :troll:

I await my punishment and fear for my life. Have mercy on my soul.
Wait you guys are afraid of a golden entei? Just master ball him and you'll be fine, and for habaenero just don't eat him.

@ morbid/you In all seriousness all he can do is put up a wall of text, don't worry about it. just ignore it if he continues that pointless arguement, seriously I hope he drops this. oh and habanero is cool don't worry about him punishing you. :p

If your really that scared of walls of text. I'll stand up to them and see if they can "punish" me if need be. :p

Morbi

Scavenger
Wait you guys are afraid of a golden entei? Just master ball him and you'll be fine, and for habaenero just don't eat him.

@ morbid/you In all seriousness all he can do is put up a wall of text, don't worry about it. just ignore it if he continues that pointless arguement, seriously I hope he drops this. oh and habanero is cool don't worry about him punishing you. :p
I am not really worried, it is just that I feel an obligation to respond to any and everything directed at me. Habanero is cool enough, he lost some of that coolness when he changed his name though! Funny enough, arguing with Golden feels like I have to catch an Entei. You have to find him, he flees whenever you respond, you throw the same ultra balls over and over again hoping for the .4 chance you will catch it. Not to mention there are 2 others backing him. Haha.
#horriblyinaccurateanalogy

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I am not really worried, it is just that I feel an obligation to respond to any and everything directed at me. Habanero is cool enough, he lost some of that coolness when he changed his name though! Funny enough, arguing with Golden feels like I have to catch an Entei. You have to find him, he flees whenever you respond, you throw the same ultra balls over and over again hoping for the .4 chance you will catch it. Not to mention there are 2 others backing him. Haha.
#horriblyinaccurateanalogy
Sometimes the best thing to do is just not respond, i've been lurking around and he's the type when he gets angry to spew out angry walls of text just to prove that he knows what he's talking about and you don't, and won't stop until the person stops responding, I mean have you seen him and saturn go at it? it was horrible to watch until the ignore saved the day

Morbi

Scavenger
Sometimes the best thing to do is just not respond, i've been lurking around and he's the type when he gets angry to spew out angry walls of text just to prove that he knows what he's talking about and you don't, and won't stop until the person stops responding, I mean have you seen him and saturn go at it? it was horrible to watch until the ignore saved the day
Don't worry, I am busy soft-resetting for a Suicune. Entei isn't going to get another wall of text out of me. This is such an inside joke... that I am the only one that gets it!

In all seriousness, I hope Suicune, Entei, and Raikou return to Smash as Pokeball items. I wouldn't mind a playable Suicune though!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
huh so golden is like an entei . . . . . . . .
wait a minute . . . . . . . . .
Entei is a Pokémon you have to fight . . . . . . .
if you have to fight a wild Pokémon it takes a lot of poke balls to get him . . . . . . .
the best poke ball is the ultra ball . . . . . . .
if your packing a bunch of ultra balls you'll be fighting a really tough Pokémon . . . . . .
the toughest Pokémon are legendary . . . . . ..
Xerneas is a legendary and was seen to have an appearance in smash . . . . . .
Xerneas is 6th generation . . . . . .
in 6th generation Pokémon got mega evolutions . . . . . . . .
tough . . . . legendary . . .. . . Xerneas being in smash . . . . . . 6th gen . . . . . . mega evolutions .. . . . . . !!!
OMG MEWTWO IS CONFRIMED FOR SMASH

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Can anyone point me to the warp gate to the dimension where Saki is loved by everyone?

Seriously, what's with the Saki hate? O_o
Especially prioritizing over represented franchises over him it's just ridiculous. I can't say he's too historicallly important, but that's EXACTLY why Sakurai would consider him now, since he's looking for newer IPs.

People expecting a +1 for every already represented franchise are probably going to be bitterly disappointed.
Just saying.
It's not really a matter of whether they are "over" represented or not, it's a matter of whether particular characters who happens to be from those franchises actually are important and suitable enough to justify putting in this game based on several factors.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If could get any playable legendary pokemon(other than Mewtwo coming back)I want to see Deoxys. Freaky alien dude would just slap the crap outta people with his tendril arms. Then shoot beams out his chest. No other Legendary can top that.

huh so golden is like an entei . . . . . . . .
wait a minute . . . . . . . . .
Entei is a Pokémon you have to fight . . . . . . .
if you have to fight a wild Pokémon it takes a lot of poke balls to get him . . . . . . .
the best poke ball is the ultra ball . . . . . . .
if your packing a bunch of ultra balls you'll be fighting a really tough Pokémon . . . . . .
the toughest Pokémon are legendary . . . . . ..
Xerneas is a legendary and was seen to have an appearance in smash . . . . . .
Xerneas is 6th generation . . . . . .
in 6th generation Pokémon got mega evolutions . . . . . . . .
tough . . . . legendary . . .. . . Xerneas being in smash . . . . . . 6th gen . . . . . . mega evolutions .. . . . . . !!!
OMG MEWTWO IS CONFRIMED FOR SMASH

Mewtwo has two in his name. He appeared in the first generation of Pokemon. 2 + 1 = 3. Those Hoenn remakes confirmed!!!!!1!1!!!!!! Or Half-Life 3, but who cares about that?

Edit: Sorry double post. My bad.

Morbi

Scavenger
If could get any playable legendary pokemon(other than Mewtwo coming back)I want to see Deoxys. Freaky alien dude would just slap the crap outta people with his tendril arms. Then shoot beams out his chest. No other Legendary can top that.
Suicune happens to be one of the only Pokemon on a game that isn't a part of the legendary mascots. The others are already playable (Pikachu and Charizard... kind of Squirtle). So Suicune is the most important legendary Pokemon, therefore he should be playable in Smash! Not to mention his Final Smash could be Suicune running away from Eusine!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If I could have any legendary in smash, it would have to be Darkrai or Deoxys.
Darkrai would be so cool using dark moves and stuff.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Suicune happens to be one of the only Pokemon on a game that isn't a part of the legendary mascots. The others are already playable (Pikachu and Charizard... kind of Squirtle). So Suicune is the most important legendary Pokemon, therefore he should be playable in Smash! Not to mention his Final Smash could be Suicune running away from Eusine!

Pokemon Crystal? Pretty sure he counts as a mascot of sorts.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
On the topic of legendary pokemon,
If there is no story mode, how will bosses besides Master and Crazy Hand, be implemented.
Or will they be removed?

Morbi

Scavenger
If I could have any legendary in smash, it would have to be Darkrai or Deoxys.
Darkrai would be so cool using dark moves and stuff.
Dark Void would outclass Jigglypuff's sing... so much! I want to see Darkrai using kicks in his move-set with those flimsy little peg legs!

Deoxys is an alien-like Pokemon, so he would have to replace Mewtwo to get in. :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
On the topic of legendary pokemon,
If there is no story mode, how will bosses besides Master and Crazy Hand, be implemented.
Or will they be removed?

We could have an adventure mode like Melee. Since that doesn't have any cutscenes to spoil. As for bosses, Kyurem really needs to be the Pokemon boss. That dude eats people. I imagine Yellow Devil will be the boss for Megaman(unless he's a stage hazard)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So what do others here think about the prospects of us receiving another character confirmation next week? It seems like we are long overdue for one, going on nearly a month.

However, the only thing we have next week (new release or anniversary) is the Japanese releases for Wii Party U and Wii Sports Club, and Sakurai has yet to show us a newcomer since E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom