• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I apologize, I am not following, what is the correlation between Olimar's confirmation and the possibility of a Golden Sun representative... or more specifically Isaac?
It's a matter of who would be chosen between the
Original Protagonist vs. Latest Protagonist.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Isaac vs Shulk vs Saki, huh?
Well, I don't want Saki. I don't really like the guy, he doesn't interest me.
Isaac would be great, and as much as I want to say he'll make it I don't see it.
Shulk is another story. He reps a new Nintendo IP and is a well liked character, so I can really see him happening.
Saki lacks the popularity and Isaac lacks recency. Shulk has both.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'm back, by order of FalKoopa's post on the last page,
what did I miss
(yay my 300th post, I've now posted more than some people who have been here for a few months)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Have I not seen Lickitung or any of Swinub's family tree on these Pokemon favorite lists? They are amazingly designed.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
At that point, we are arguing semantics. . .
My favorite subject.
I think most intellectual conflict comes from the very murky assumptions people make on definitions.
Though I'd often used it, I'm not so fond of that phrase 'agree to disagree' anymore, it implies that both parties are closed off to the preposition of the other, and it makes me sad~
I'd rather say 'then let us think for a time' or something sage-like.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
My favorite subject.
I think most intellectual conflict comes from the very murky assumptions people make on definitions.
Though I'd often used it, I'm not so fond of that phrase 'agree to disagree' anymore, it implies that both parties are closed off to the preposition of the other, and it makes me sad~
I'd rather say 'then let us think for a time' or something sage-like.
I'm pretty sure some people would want to hurt you for saying that. Just imagine:
"'Then let us think for a time'? No I'm not thinking about this! You're ******* wrong!"

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'm pretty sure some people would want to hurt you for saying that. Just imagine:
"'Then let us think for a time'? No I'm not thinking about this! You're ******* wrong!"
I think one of my secrets of success is being so polite and conciliatory. I've really noticed a shift in my language to a less debate style (which has implied winners and losers) and more Scholastic discussion style, and likewise the amount of "NO **** YOU" has dropped off tremendously.
In chatrooms, I'm more sarcastic and biting, responding on the heat of my passion, and I hate it. Oh well, some day.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I think one of my secrets of success is being so polite and conciliatory. I've really noticed a shift in my language to a less debate style (which has implied winners and losers) and more Scholastic discussion style, and likewise the amount of "NO **** YOU" has dropped off tremendously.
In chatrooms, I'm more sarcastic and biting, responding on the heat of my passion, and I hate it. Oh well, some day.
I understand completely. That is typically how I try to debate, although I tend to get lost in the moment every once and awhile if I'm not careful.

Morbi

Scavenger
I might need to try that, I already thought I was pretty friendly and non-confrontational (on the web, in real life, I have a low tolerance). I just seem to attract meaningless debates with members that have nothing better to do, it is unfortunate, I always try to remain objective and discern my opinion from the reality of the situation.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
well then that's good,
most debates basically end with one person either ignoring the person, or being so prissy that they make the other person just give up,
its always good to see people still give a sense in things like this

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hey, well, I don't think one can really act a certain way without having the necessary support of character behind it, so you really do gotta love everyone to some degree, and I'm trying my hardest.
Oh yay, I'm a Smash Lord now! W00T!
(And now something to make my post seem not off topic!) I can't wait to see what changes in old movesets Sakurai and the Namco Bandai team whip up as time goes on!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Have I not seen Lickitung or any of Swinub's family tree on these Pokemon favorite lists? They are amazingly designed.

The Swinub family is cool(should be a pokeball summon). And I do like Lickitung. But Lickylicky seems counter-intuitive to me, I mean it has a shorter tongue and it gets stubbier limbs.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Shulk vs Issac vs Saki
Isaac, because I think he has the most potential. Haven't really played any of their games, but I do like the potential I see in Isaac and Shulk, though Isaac barely wins it out. Saki just seems kind of boring to me, though he could potentially also be a fun inclusion.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The Swinub family is cool(should be a pokeball summon). And I do like Lickitung. But Lickylicky seems counter-intuitive to me, I mean it has a shorter tongue and it gets stubbier limbs.
Yes, agreed. I was very disappointed in Lickylicky. Awful looking. You make a good point, what is it adapting to? Colder weather?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'm still a journeyman, but at least that means I'm no longer a rookie on these boards (right?!?)
by the way how does those ranks change anyway? is it through trophy points, post counts, or some other factor
now something to make this post don't seem like its off course . . . . . . . .. .
so . . . . .um Shulk the mostly likeliest right, or . . . . something

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm still a journeyman, but at least that means I'm no longer a rookie on these boards (right?!?)
by the way how does those ranks change anyway? is it through trophy points, post counts, or some other factor
now something to make this post don't seem like its off course . . . . . . . .. .
It is based on post count. Edit: Added link of destiny!

http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/SmashBoards

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Pretty sure its based on post count.

Edit: Aaaaaand I get ninja'd.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Can anyone point me to the warp gate to the dimension where Saki is loved by everyone?

Seriously, what's with the Saki hate? O_o
Especially prioritizing over represented franchises over him it's just ridiculous. I can't say he's too historicallly important, but that's EXACTLY why Sakurai would consider him now, since he's looking for newer IPs.

People expecting a +1 for every already represented franchise are probably going to be bitterly disappointed.
Just saying.

Morbi

Scavenger
Can anyone point me to the warp gate to the dimension where Saki is loved by everyone?

Especially prioritizing over represented franchises over him it's just ridiculous. I can't say he's too historicallly important, but that's EXACTLY why Sakurai would consider him now, since he's looking for newer IPs.

People expecting a +1 for every already represented franchise are probably going to be bitterly disappointed.
Just saying.
I honestly do not want Shulk in the game, but I would take Shulk over Saki in a heart beat. It has something to do with Saki being reminiscent of a goblin, witch, and Sasquatch. I remember that I used to question a mans sexual orientation when they thought Saki was a girl. That would be the most hideous, foul, and repugnant chick. Saki is ugly as hell, that is why I don't support him.
#honesty

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Just saying.

I don't hate Saki myself, but Isaac's where its at. Dude can chuck magic rocks at people. Also, Golden Sun is a pretty interesting series.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'm going to say shulk is most likley, followed by isaac then saki. but hopefully all 3 get in.

Morbid.....never ceases to amuse me :laugh:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

Just saying.
I'm pretty sure no one said that they hated Saki (in fact he's my most wanted retro rep) its just that he doesn't have the best chances when covered to other characters. still if it was my choice i'll have him in over isaac and day, (and shulk if there was only one added)
oh and yes any one who is expecting a +1 rep for each franchise is looking forward to a nightmare
edit: nevermind some people above me just said it

Morbi

Scavenger
Your reaction: The 5th Mario character is Mario Bros. It's Mario and Luigi as one characters like Ice Climbers.
Yet see artwork from Dream Team.
Their moves consist of Hammers and Bros. Attacks.
And their final smash is this:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X_7dIDAZ1Oo&desktop_uri=/watch?v=X_7dIDAZ1Oo
I wouldn't mind at all, I would prefer Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, but I really wouldn't mind too much. I actually think that group characters would have been fun if they were introduced in Smash 64. Mario and Luigi... Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong... just something I personally think would have been cool. I wouldn't ever play as those characters, I don't like depending on AI.

I'm going to say shulk is most likley, followed by isaac then saki. but hopefully all 3 get in.

Morbid.....never ceases to amuse me :laugh:
Dear Lord, I would honestly consider not buying the game if all 3 made it in. I would tear my Jigglypuff poster off of my wall and burn it before I let Sakurai do that!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I wouldn't mind at all, I would prefer Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, but I really wouldn't mind too much. I actually think that group characters would have been fun if they were introduced in Smash 64. Mario and Luigi... Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong... just something I personally think would have been cool. I wouldn't ever play as those characters, I don't like depending on AI.

Dear Lord, I would honestly consider not buying the game if all 3 made it in. I would tear my Jigglypuff poster off of my wall and burn it before I let Sakurai do that!
You wouldn't dare not buy it. Jigglypuff is in it!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Your reaction: The 5th Mario character is Mario Bros. It's Mario and Luigi as one characters like Ice Climbers.
Yet see artwork from Dream Team.
Their moves consist of Hammers and Bros. Attacks.
And their final smash is this:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X_7dIDAZ1Oo&desktop_uri=/watch?v=X_7dIDAZ1Oo

It'd be something like this.

Donald Duck Raging Like A Real Beast Though.gif

Honestly, while I like the Mario and Luigi games, I don't feel that the two of them together would be needed. They'd be stepping on the Ice Climbers' toes, especially with hammers.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

D: Poor jigglypuff

Bajef8

Smash Ace
But what hardware could possibly be as historically important as G&W and ROB?
... Mr.Famicom? Virtual Boy? All NES accesories combined into a single character?

The only one I could remotely think off as a character would be the Hanafuda Cards because those started Nintendo somehow.. But that's it. Maybe Diskun I could potentially see representing the Famicom itself. (And it would also serve as the usual obscure Japanese character... cuz patterns)
Well yeah, that's the thing. Who could it be? Nobody knows. No one guessed Mr. Game & Watch or R.O.B. So who knows what historical one we could end up with. I'm still thinking it'll be Little Mac (true retro, disregarding the remake), Takamaru (servs as retro as well, plus as an obscure Japanese character), and either a weird historical character or nobody. Takamaru, in a weird sort of extension, is a representative of the Famicom system (thus being a "history" rep) since that's his homebase. Who knows though.

Morbi

Scavenger
You wouldn't dare not buy it. Jigglypuff is in it!
That is true, I would finally be able to use 3 punching bags at the same time. Jigglypuff would merely laugh at Shulk's horrible hair, throw up on Saki (because he is an ogre), and beat the hell out of Isaac (which I have nothing against... I actually wouldn't mind him).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Heheh, oh well. Saki's a pretty underdog choice it seems. I was convinced that after his VC (worldwide) release, and the sequel, I'd see a LOT more support. Guess I was mistaken. XD

And Saki not being supported cause he's ugly? Lol that's.... new, and interesting. :D (Had a laugh out of that, really)
If you're looking for bishies, Fire Emblem's where it's at I guess. *no more Chrom in bathing suit pics please*

But yeah, Isaac has more potential for a more unique moveset, I can't deny that, since Saki can only rely on his weapon. (But he also has a gimmick potential)
Maybe I'm just being overconfident/bordering denial, but I totally see Saki happening somehow. :)

Anyway, I support both Saki and Isaac almost exactly alike.
Shulk? Don't know much about him, but I hope he has a new gameplay gimmick he can bring over.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Heheh, oh well. Saki's a pretty underdog choice it seems. I was convinced that after his VC (worldwide) release, and the sequel, I'd see a LOT more support. Guess I was mistaken. XD

And Saki not being supported cause he's ugly? Lol that's.... new, and interesting. :D (Had a laugh out of that, really)
If you're looking for bishies, Fire Emblem's where it's at I guess. *no more Chrom in bathing suit pics please*

But yeah, Isaac has more potential for a more unique moveset, I can't deny that, since Saki can only rely on his weapon. (But he also has a gimmick potential)
Maybe I'm just being overconfident/bordering denial, but I totally see Saki happening somehow. :)

Anyway, I support both Saki and Isaac almost exactly alike.
Shulk? Don't know much about him, but I hope he has a new gameplay gimmick he can bring over.
To this day I don't know if Saki is a boy or a girl.
I'm leaning towards boy.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I am not calling Habanero an idiot, I am saying that you are unintelligent and the only reason he could possibly agree with such fallacy ridden logic is because he likes you more. If he blantantly tells me that he agrees with the above quote, I will put him in the same category that I just put you in.

un*in*te*li*gent: adj. 1. Having or displaying a lack of intelligence. 2. Not invested with intelligence

id*i*ot: n. 1. A foolish or stupid person.

Basically, despite the slight difference within terminological definitions, you are still insinuating GoldenYuiitusin and Xenoblaze as having low intellectual capacities, regardless of your intent. If you are making a palpable statement that GY is "unintelligent", than you are also do the same towards all those in agreement with GY, including XB. Nevertheless, it's nothing more than a blatant ad-hominem attack that will only serve to angrily provoke them, especially considering they will not take so kindly to these insulting remarks.

Gods, you have just officially signed your death certificate, Morbid. I send my condolences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom