• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
One thing I just realized.
Maybe Toon Link isn't going to be in this.
Remember A Link Between Worlds? (The Link to the Past sequel)
Your point?

Are you saying that he would replace Toon Link?

That would be a terrible idea. He looks way too similar to the Normal Link model.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, it's possible we get another Link instead of TL (though tbh I wouldn't bet on it - then again I've been mostly wrong today :laugh:), but chances are it's just gonna be another clone/semi-clone. :rolleyes::p
So much wasted potential...

We can't trust what Sakurai has said in the past!

Villager was confirmed.

Starfy actually has a chance now.

D

Deleted member

Remember what he looks like in-game?

More in proportion to Toon Link, though with a smaller head and longer body frame.
He even uses the same voice clips.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, it's possible we get another Link instead of TL (though tbh I wouldn't bet on it - then again I've been mostly wrong today :laugh:), but chances are it's just gonna be another clone/semi-clone. :rolleyes::p

That url has some kind of swear word in it. Can't see the pic.

Regardless, I get the point from looking at the URL.

I wonder...do you guys think we will get a new character tomorrow?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Honestly, I think Toon Link might actually return because Spirit Tracks Link is Wind Waker Link's descendant and not the same being, but still...
If he doesn't return, ALTTP/LA/OOS/OOA Link would be the next best choice.

Toon Link and ALTTP Link could easily get their own original movesets.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I just looked at the rumor and i find it solid my self. seeing how we got the Wii Fit Trainer.

Wonder how long it may be till we get more reveals.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have a feeling that the Villager and the Wii Fit Trainer, right off the bat, was a way for Sakurai to say:

Hey you numbnuts! Expect the impossible!! Trolololo!!

Kidding aside; I felt that despite the negative reactions, these two character reveals plus a heavily requested Megaman really got people's attention and gave them something to talk about;.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have a feeling that the Villager and the Wii Fit Trainer, right off the bat, was a way for Sakurai to say:

Hey you numbnuts! Expect the impossible!! Trolololo!!

Kidding aside; I felt that despite the negative reactions, these two character reveals plus a heavily requested Megaman really got people's attention and gave them something to talk about;.
Villager got a negative reaction?

Regardless, if we got a new character tomorrow, what time do you think it would be?

LucaSmash

Smash Cadet
I hope they reveal a new character tomorrow. And another one the day after. That'd be really great :)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Villager got a negative reaction?

Regardless, if we got a new character tomorrow, what time do you think it would be?
From what I can tell initially; yeah. Though I've noticed people warming up to these ideas. I have a feeling a lot of people (including myself) were expecting more desired characters to be revealed.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Does anybody think that the reveal of the new stage "Smash Stadium: Deconfirms Little Mac, because It's basically a boxing ring? (Also I was gonna add King Dedede's Stadium in my Stage prediction, but I didn't think they'd actually do a stadium level.)

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
That url has some kind of swear word in it. Can't see the pic.

Regardless, I get the point from looking at the URL.

I wonder...do you guys think we will get a new character tomorrow?
If we do get another character revealed tomorrow I hope it is a new Mario rep or Lloyd. I really want Lloyd to beat Pac man.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Honestly why do people want all the newcomers to be released so sooooon. Give it time, space them out. Maybe one more reveal this week, with one of the highly requested first party characters. That would be a great way to wrap up the conference. But after that I want characters released in nearly increments, one every week or two weeks or so. Space it out with item and stage and assist trophy and poke all announcements. I want to know those too you know.

Also the MOST important thing I need to know is the fact that I need to recover!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Does anybody think that the reveal of the new stage "Smash Stadium: Deconfirms Little Mac, because It's basically a boxing ring? (Also I was gonna add King Dedede's Stadium in my Stage prediction, but I didn't think they'd actually do a stadium level.)
It's not called Smash Stadium. Is it?

Regardless, I actually think that IS Little Mac's stage. It looks pretty similar to the Title Defense ring in Punch Out Wii.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
It's not called Smash Stadium. Is it?

Regardless, I actually think that IS Little Mac's stage. It looks pretty similar to the Title Defense ring in Punch Out Wii.
I picture this as the trailer announcing little Mac. It's at the arena and the lights turn on (stereotypical flickering and all). An unknown person walks in to the room. But then huge spot lights turn on and we see the floor of the stadium pulled away reaveling that it was a tarp and underneath is the punch out logo! The unknown person jumps onto the arena and is revealed to be little Mac! Then he fights random people and his moveset is shown off.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Where is this rumor? Can I get a link?

I found a thread with information from the guy who leaked the info, but none of it was correct. He said that Star Tropics would be Retro's project, among other things.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Where is this rumor? Can I get a link?

I found a thread with information from the guy who leaked the info, but none of it was correct. He said that Star Tropics would be Retro's project, among other things.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Here is the research I found on the subject.

Okay. I've done research.

Apparently, on NeoGAF, some guy named salromano predicted the six characters.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996

He said they were unlikely predictions.

Apparently, the same guy works at Gematsu and posted this when three of them were revealed.
http://gematsu.com/2013/06/wii-fit-trainer-joins-super-smash-bros

He stated that he got the tip a while ago but didn't post it before because he couldn't prove it was real. It's possible that after the tip he just decided to predict those characters just because on NeoGAF and decided to post them for real once some were confirmed.

Here are some possibilities that I see.
1. The tip was true and this guy is telling the truth.
2. The tip was only half right and he added the other characters.
3. He lied and got SUPER LUCKY.
4. The tipper lied about half of the characters or there was some sort of miscommunication.

I don't know how to tell if a post had been edited on NeoGAF. Can someone check? If it was edited, then it may be fake.

Regardless, that's all I can find on the rumor. Thoughts?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Man I hate leaks. It made playstation allstars a total mess and ruined a lot of people's hype. Including a lot of mine. Honestly if you do have actual information on the game KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. I absolutely loathe people like that.
Well, we only got it one day early.

Could be much worse...

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Swampasaur said:
Okay. I've done research.

Apparently, on NeoGAF, some guy named salromano predicted the six characters.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996

He said they were unlikely predictions.

Apparently, the same guy works at Gematsu and posted this when three of them were revealed.
http://gematsu.com/2013/06/wii-fit-trainer-joins-super-smash-bros

He stated that he got the tip a while ago but didn't post it before because he couldn't prove it was real. It's possible that after the tip he just decided to predict those characters just because on NeoGAF and decided to post them for real once some were confirmed.

Here are some possibilities that I see.
1. The tip was true and this guy is telling the truth.
2. The tip was only half right and he added the other characters.
3. He lied and got SUPER LUCKY.
4. The tipper lied about half of the characters or there was some sort of miscommunication.

I don't know how to tell if a post had been edited on NeoGAF. Can someone check? If it was edited, then it may be fake.

Regardless, that's all I can find on the rumor. Thoughts?​
Here is the research I found on the subject.

Wow i didin't see this :o) This leak is just way to true..And it came out the day before :o)....All i can say is wow.:surprised:

Im like soo excited right now!!! :joyful:

johno1995

Smash Cadet

Mario (6 reps: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario, Paper Mario)
DK (3 reps: DK, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool)
Yoshi (1 rep: Yoshi)
Wario (1 rep: Wario)
Zelda (6 reps: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Skull Kid)
Metroid (2 reps: Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Ridley)
Kid Icarus (2 reps: Pit, Palutena)
Animal Crossing (1 rep: Villager)
Kirby (3 reps: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede)
Star Fox (3 reps: Fox, Falco, Krystal)
Pikmin (1 rep: Olimar)
F-Zero (1 rep: Captain Falcon)
Wii Fit (1 rep: Wii Fit Trainer)
Pokemon (6 reps: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Unova Trainer, Lucario, Plusle & Minun)
Fire Emblem (3 reps: Marth, Ike, Chrom)
Golden Sun (1 rep: Isaac)
Earthbound (2 reps: Ness, Lucas)
Advance Wars (1 rep: Andy)
3rd Party (3 reps: Mega Man, Sonic, Pac Man)
Retro (7 reps: Little Mac, Takamaru, Ice Climbers, Balloon Fighter, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Sukapon)

54 total. My ideal roster. I don't see it as very likely at all, but a boy can dream. I tried being a little unpredictable and fun with this roster without being completely ridiculous...

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't trust any rumors tbh, and neither should anyone else. They hold no validity/credibility and just causes problems across all communities.

We've been through this with brawl and we all know the stuff we had to deal with :/

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think the pinpoint accuracy of the newest rumor is what scares me. He predicted the Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mega Man.

We'll just have to wait and see.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wouldn't trust any rumors tbh, and neither should anyone else. They hold no validity/credibility and just causes problems across all communities.

We've been through this with brawl and we all know the stuff we had to deal with :/
There's a difference between a random unfounded rumor and one with actual solid evidence to back it up, which this one has. Either someone guessed both Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, which would be miraculous, or the rumor is true. There's nothing wrong with believing a rumor like this one, it does indeed hold validity/credibility.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
I think the pinpoint accuracy of the newest rumor is what scares me. He predicted the Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mega Man.

We'll just have to wait and see.
People predicted a lot of stuff for brawl and some got their guesses right. I predicted the fire emblem castle and g&ws final smash with pinpoint accuracy. Doesn't mean I work at Nintendo, it's just a lucky guess. You are right, we have to wait and see. Not jump to conclusions

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People predicted a lot of stuff for brawl and some got their guesses right. I predicted the fire emblem castle and g&ws final smash with pinpoint accuracy. Doesn't mean I work at Nintendo, it's just a lucky guess. You are right, we have to wait and see. Not jump to conclusions
Great, a lot of people predicted those two. Do you know how many people so far in the history of Smash have predicted the Wii Fit Trainer? As far as we can tell, only one person, a day before they were revealed, also predicting the other two that were revealed, and claiming to have known the information last week (which at this point seems pretty true).

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
I keep trying to justify it in Brawl terms. Is she like Snake, a character we never expecting in the first trailer or more like R.O.B. or Game and Watch in terms of, well 'wtf-ness'. I think the best thing to do is just take it for what it is and try look at it in this crazy new smash world we live in.
pichu is more wtf then all them...like pichu is the most useless , why are you even ****ing here character in all smash history

In case the rumor is true, here are my thoughts on the three new characters:

Little Mac: Really deserves to be in and I do look forward to the representation surrounding the franchise, but I'm just not that interested in him as a character.

Pac-Man: Meh. I no longer hate the idea of him since Mega Man is in, but nothing appeals to me as well. Then again, could be worse.

Mii: Won't lie, this could actually be pretty exciting to see. Mii's would be great to see and they really do deserve a spot.

Hopefully Little Mac and Pac-Man can actually be made into exciting characters. I mean, Wii Fit Trainer actually looks kind of exciting at this point and I NEVER expected to do anything but whine about her inclusion.

I'll be waiting to see if this comes to pass. Perhaps we'll know about them tomorrow or on Thursday should they be in?
lil mac would be fine he's a badass boxer who ****s you up as an assist trophy lol they alreday got his mechanics for the game

volbound1700

Smash Master
I don't want the newcomers released so quick but I would like confirmation on veterans (like Sonic :( )

There is no comment to indicate any cuts either way but I would like more flesh out about returning characters.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
I don't want the newcomers released so quick but I would like confirmation on veterans (like Sonic :( )

There is no comment to indicate any cuts either way but I would like more flesh out about returning characters.
I agree about seeing returning veterans. Seeing them makes me almost as happy as newcomers regardless of who it is just to see how they look in the new art-style and what might be new etc.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I agree about seeing returning veterans. Seeing them makes me almost as happy as newcomers regardless of who it is just to see how they look in the new art-style and what might be new etc.
I am waiting for Peach with baited breath. I want to see if she is actually decent again after the kneecapping they gave her in Brawl.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I see the A Link Between Worlds Link being used instead of Toon Link.
Classic Link? Oh, yeah!!!!!

Man I hate leaks. It made playstation allstars a total mess and ruined a lot of people's hype. Including a lot of mine. Honestly if you do have actual information on the game KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. I absolutely loathe people like that.
Bah! You're just mad Wii Fit Trainer can beat you into shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom