• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man, something tells me the Gen 6 potential newcomer hype here is about to become legit.

Whether a character (old or new), a stage (all but new), or Pokéball Pokémon are shown, we're about to be in for some crazy speculation. YEAHH!!! )
I agree that should Ridley not become playable it will be quite the missed opportunity, but I doubt the selection process for him would be anything close to them thinking he could work yet despite that still excluding him, chances are he'd get omitted due to problems elsewhere (likely Sakurai not finding him feasible). Not that I'm defending Sakurai, I think he's perfectly feasible, I just think if he doesn't make it chances are they didn't even think of him as a viable choice.
There's no reason for Ridley to not be feasible, especially with Charizard already on the roster. He's a Nintendo All-Star, he's got all kinds of potential, he's got a unique body type, he could have an amazing moveset like we've never seen before, his skillset is one that no other major Nintendo character has, and his playstyle potential could be a landscape changer with how revolutionary it could be (air grabs and throws baby, air throws!).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Pokeball.
Yeah, it's gotta be. There's no way we'd get a newcomer or even a veteran revealed in such a way that wasn't hyped at all.

This kinda reminds me of the Deoxys reveal (as a Pokéball Pokémon) in the pre-Brawl days, minus all the people wanting Deoxys as a playable character.
Sakurai....

YOU CHOSE THE WRONG FRIDAY!
Something tells me this could be a new trend to throw us off and keep us addicted. :ohwell:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord

Pokemon character stage Pokeball confirmed?

Oh and also YAY for Xerneas, 'cause I have version X as well. I just caught him with regular Pokeball on my first attempt. I guess I'm the luckiest guy!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Sakurai confirmed for master troll.

D

Deleted member

Wow, Sakurai just removed all doubt about him being a troll.
"Nothing to show for X/Y" a week after it's release with a glimpse of Xerneas as a possible Poké Ball summon.

.....just what goes on in his head....?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
"Nothing to show for X/Y" a week after it's release with a glimpse of Xerneas as a possible Poké Ball summon.

*Insert Slowpoke meme picture and derail topic for two pages with back-and-forth meme fighting*

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This is the second week in a row where he showed no pic of the Pyrosphere. I guess Sakurai got tired of trolling Ridley fans.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This is the second week in a row where he showed no pic of the Pyrosphere. I guess Sakurai got tired of trolling Ridley fans.
He found his new victims.... Pokemon fans.

I've been thinking. Is Sakurai really this master troll we've been labeling him as? Or do we just interpret his actions as trolling.

Regardless, I'm laughing my ass off!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Sakurai confirmed for master troll.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyful:

This is the funniest freaking thing ever!!! Oh God Sakurai, have all my loves again.

Man, it's like he was here with my hype brigade last week!!!!

Also, no one voted Xerneas in the poll!! :laugh:

Bajef8

Smash Ace

Madness? This! Is! SAKURAI! "laughs"

You'll have to use your imagination folks, I'm on mobile and have no access to a Sakurai-themed 300 meme.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sakurai having a trolling nature makes me more optimistic about Ridley to be honest. If all the various hints about stage hazard Ridley ("could appear at any moment", the giant hole update) were him just wanting to :troll: people, then I think Ridley end up playable.

If Sakurai confirms a newcomer with Wii Party U or Super Mario 3D World, then I feel that we may very well get a Ridley confirmation (as a playable character) one of these months.

courte

Smash Lord
someone tell me on a bad guy scale of one to ten where is dark pit. i'm already against his inclusion but i'd like to know so i can revise that to an informed opinion
is he 1[dark link in twilight princess] or ten [meta knight to kirby]

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So we finally got the Pokemon reveal we wanted - and it's not what we wanted. mostly; I think it's pretty neat.
This is the Pokémon update that we needed, not the one we deserved. :grin:

Also, I can't wait for the Ness reveal. "Ness, who has been playable in every Smash Bros up until now, is playable in every smash bros game... now."

courte

Smash Lord
no i think it's the pokemon update that you all deserved. will someone, anyone who's play KIU please answer my fair question?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
someone tell me on a bad guy scale of one to ten where is dark pit. i'm already against his inclusion but i'd like to know so i can revise that to an informed opinion
is he 1[dark link in twilight princess] or ten [meta knight to kirby]
I'd say about 6 - he's moreso a direct rival to Pit (in much the same vain as MK to Kirby) but Medusa and then Hades (as per Uprising) take precedence over him. That being said, as I never played any KI games, I do not know for sure, but that's my own opinion on the question.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Its also strange how Sakurai listed the canonical sizes for Olimar and Kirby, and yet mentioned how he made Olimar taller than Kirby this time, showing that he can even go against:
1. Canonical sizes.
2. Canonical sizes in comparison to other characters.

Yet not apply that to Ridley.

courte

Smash Lord
please for the love of god answer the question! inform me! sources and videos welcome!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I thought of that literally just as I was posting, and I didn't go back and edit it in.
Just watch like Victini be confirmed as a Pokéball Pokémon next.

Also, I bet Sakurai will dance around Zoroark for a while if Zoroark isn't playable, or dance around Zoroark for an extended period of time (like Ridley) if Zoroark is indeed in the playable character roster.

MAN things are about to get exciting. I'm so hype-cited!!!! :grin:

Bajef8

Smash Ace
please for the love of god answer the question! inform me! sources and videos welcome!
Just google it dude sheesh.

Just watch like Victini be confirmed as a Pokéball Pokémon next.

Also, I bet Sakurai will dance around Zoroark for a while if Zoroark isn't playable, or dance around Zoroark for an extended period of time (like Ridley) if Zoroark is indeed in the playable character roster.

MAN things are about to get exciting. I'm so hype-cited!!!! :grin:
Your hype is infectious. Stahp before I become infected with it further!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Anyways, screw the rules, I'm going to bet.

Now watch us get a Pyrosphere update again, with Sakurai saying "hmmmm... is anyone up above?" with a shot of nothing but the roof!!! :laugh:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, that's interesting. I do hope we get Zekrom and Reshiram as pokeball summons too. Chances are we'll get Yvetal as well, but it could be a boss. Still how many items were shown yet? I can only remember the X-bomb and Smash Ball myself. I wonder what the beam sword will look like this time.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Is someone in the lava? No, how about the hole?
I'm seriously waiting for there to be a stage hazard revealed...

...and it's Kraid!!! :rotfl:

Your hype is infectious. Stahp before I become infected with it further!
Dood, things are reaching a more pre-Brawl level. I LOVE IT BABY, I LOVE IT!!!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Though Xerneas is cool and all, I was hoping to see if the Pokemon trainer had come back or not. But hey, not that big of a deal.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Anyways, screw the rules, I'm going to bet.

Now watch us get a Pyrosphere update again, with Sakurai saying "hmmmm... is anyone up above?" with a shot of nothing but the roof!!! :laugh:

Even better would be a pic of the back of Ridley's head. With the caption reading:

"You know who would be a cool playable character?"

courte

Smash Lord
the one place people fight for characters irrationally without sources with the same tired responses and little to no reasons and i can't get a simple answer? why do you think i'm even asking the question here? ended up at the page at the nintendo wiki and it said he's a major character. and that was it. it's such a contradiction. so i came to you guys for help. it's not like anyone here who vouches even jokingly for the inclusion of pittoo would have never played the game?

t
I'd say about 6 - he's moreso a direct rival to Pit (in much the same vain as MK to Kirby) but Medusa and then Hades (as per Uprising) take precedence over him. That being said, as I never played any KI games, I do not know for sure, but that's my own opinion on the question.
gthank you thank you thank you so much

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Pikachu was our Pokemon reveal this whole time.
I'm fine with that. I mean the first Pikachu I caught in X version had a modest nature, was the first character I was decent with in Smash 64 and Brawl, so obviously me and the rat share some kind of bond.

As for one of the posts above mine, yes, bring Poke Floats back!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
ok real talk on a scale of 1-10, ten being the "no really i swear i'm not just saying it cuz that's what we say around here. this character is important to the story" and one being "he's just there" how important is dark pit. are we talking bowser to mario or are we talking link to dark link in twilight princess cuz that dude wasn't even a thing

Not entirely sure if someone answered your question yet but, he's not quite as important as Bowser. But he's a bit more important than Dark Link. Seeing as he has some importance in the story. He'd be about a 5 on your scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom