• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
the one place people fight for characters irrationally without sources with the same tired responses and little to no reasons and i can't get a simple answer? why do you think i'm even asking the question here? ended up at the page at the nintendo wiki and it said he's a major character. and that was it. it's such a contradiction. so i came to you guys for help. it's not like anyone here who vouches even jokingly for the inclusion of pittoo would have never played the game?
What exactly is your question?

I'll help ya.

D

Deleted member

someone tell me on a bad guy scale of one to ten where is dark pit. i'm already against his inclusion but i'd like to know so i can revise that to an informed opinion
is he 1[dark link in twilight princess] or ten [meta knight to kirby]
Not really a bad guy at all.
He starts off as an recurring enemy/rival that has no allegiance to anyone (though is not evil), then becomes a begrudging ally when he learns that Pit's life and his are connected. (when Pit's soul was trapped in the Ring of Chaos for three years, Dark Pit was unconscious the entire time)
After Pit's wings burned up while saving Dark Pit's life during the Chaos Kin arc, Dark Pit returned the favor by seeking out the Rewind Spring to reverse this before Pit would die (which is the one time you play as someone other than Pit in the story, not including when Pit controlled a little girl, a dog, and Magnus through the Ring of Chaos). Since then, he and Pit became more like twin brothers, and he would serve as Pit's closest ally in combat.

So, scale-wise, he'd be closer to Meta Knight if he had to go somewhere.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
someone tell me on a bad guy scale of one to ten where is dark pit. i'm already against his inclusion but i'd like to know so i can revise that to an informed opinion
is he 1[dark link in twilight princess] or ten [meta knight to kirby]
I'm not sure how to rate Dark Pit using that scale. Dark Link wasn't even in Twilight Princess.

I would say he's a tad bit like a mix between Gary Oak and Meta Knight. He's got Gary's personality and like Meta Knight he seems like villain at first, but his actions later in the game show him more of a hero. So with that said, he's more of an anti-hero than villain.

courte

Smash Lord
now i've got tears of joy falling out of my face and butt. i'll def have a doctor check me out but thank you all of you.

and yes dark link was in twilight princess. but the nature of his appearance is why he's relegated to one on that scale.

pittoo not worthy of a spot.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There's no reason for Ridley to not be feasible, especially with Charizard already on the roster. He's a Nintendo All-Star, he's got all kinds of potential, he's got a unique body type, he could have an amazing moveset like we've never seen before, his skillset is one that no other major Nintendo character has, and his playstyle potential could be a landscape changer with how revolutionary it could be (air grabs and throws baby, air throws!).
N3ON said:
Not that I'm defending Sakurai, I think he's perfectly feasible, I just think if he doesn't make it chances are they didn't even think of him as a viable choice.

Wait, wait, wait, does that mean Xerneas is a new pokeball Pokemon - or is Xerneas a new character? Y U DO DIS SAKURAI?!
Could also be part of a stage. But my guess, like was already said, is Pokeball.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Okay so Xerneas is probably a pokeball but a new poke floats is possible and would be nice. Have we seen that background before?
I think it could be either Battlefield or the Pilotwings stage. Both have clear sky blue backgrounds at some point from the right angle.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Wow, Sakurai just removed all doubt about him being a troll.
"Nothing to show for X/Y" a week after it's release with a glimpse of Xerneas as a possible Poké Ball summon.

.....just what goes on in his head....?

Deeply disturbing thoughts of a maniacal madman.

At the very least, we can almost officially confirm Masahiro Sakurai actually does intentionally jest (or troll) his fan-base from time to time, rather than having to speculate his actions as the unintentional misgivings of an unknowing individual. Whatever this means, as long as Sakurai's nature is benevolent (rather than malevolent) than this can also raise optimism for Ridley's chances (as was said before by others). Either way, here's hoping to either a Pokemon-related item, stage, or better yet, an announced character. Cheers.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ugh, too tired to respond to anything...

Monday: Spinning blocks.
Tuesday: Toon Link's ascension to heaven.
Wednesday: Loftwing cam of Skyloft.
Thursday: Peach cheating on both Mario AND Link.
Friday: Hopefully, something Epic.
Well, we got something Epic... a Legendary Pokemon in a Pokeball.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Well, we got something Epic... a Legendary Pokemon in a Pokeball.

Well this certainly was kind of an uneventful week XD I mean, unless Xerneas is part of a new stage it's basically just one of those "deeper looks into the hole" reveals

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Well to be fair, people wanted a legendary pokemon who appear in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, some other wanted a fairy type pokemon and finally some wanted a blue and black pokemon, so yeah, there you go.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I'm aware this hardly proves anything but I'm calling it now. We may be getting Poke Floats 2.

So you think Xerneas is actually a blimp Pikachu is standing on? I still think its a Pokeball summon. I won't rule out that possibility.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
So you think Xerneas is actually a blimp Pikachu is standing on? I still think its a Pokeball summon. I won't rule out that possibility.
I think that Pikachu's standing on a platform and that Xerneas is a Pokeball summon. Unless it's a blimp and the pic has some weird perspective that's triciking us to believe it's not far away. I mean if they wanted to add Xerneas as a blimp in a new Pokefloats stage I would expect it to be big rather than a small blimp.

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
I know this may be irrelevant but doesn't Xerneas look a little too small to anyone?

I'm pretty sure it was depicted as a bigger Pokemon in X&Y?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Off topic: The new sonic is getting bad reviews. So much for that.
I'm still getting it :p

If there's anything I've learned about modern Sonic games I judge them by my own rather then professional reviewers. The Sonic Adventure games are my favorite Sonic games of all-time. Yet I know they generally have been considered not to have aged very well xP

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The only thing that turns me off about Lost World is the lack of momentum (pre-set running speed).
I'd have to play the game to see how much this affects me... a big fan of the classics' momentum based gameplay.

However, everything I see about the game looks awesome. And I'm not even sure these reviewers even care about momentum gameplay so I don't know what they could possibly say against Lost World.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm pretty sure it's a Pokeball summon, though the position of Xenreas head and Pikachu looks rather suspescious, Pikachu could be standing on a Xerneas float, but it could also just be that Xerneas is crouching or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom