• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4FyZwAFZII

so what if it got a bad review. if someone likes it they like it. yeah there are certain principles of game design but there's also that element where you just make it up as you go along.

Not to mention these reviewers are the reason why we only play as Sonic these days. :(
Always bashing on Sonic's friends when it was the weird Non-Sonic like gameplay gimmicks attatched to them (mech shooting, etc) that were to blame for real.

Anyway, I don't think that's Poke Float stage. I'm 99% sure that's the Pilotwings stage, if only because Sakurai usually gives us a zoomed out view of the NEW stage when announcing it.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Pikachu is obviously on a platform and Xerneas is standing on the ground near the ledge. It's all on the right side of Battlefield. Xerneas is far too small to be a Pokefloats platform.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Okay so Xerneas is probably a pokeball but a new poke floats is possible and would be nice. Have we seen that background before?
We saw it in the previous update, I think one before that, and possibly that one "space" shot from that stage we can't figure where it is from.

Poké Floats 2 and Pokémon Stadium 3 could possible be a thing, actually.

While that stage could be Poké Floats 2, the Pilotwings/Wuhu Island stage, or Battlefield Wii U, really, we just don't know yet. That's why it's called a "teaser."
Even better would be a pic of the back of Ridley's head. With the caption reading:

"You know who would be a cool playable character?"
Or on the front of Xerneas' head is says "man, I betcha wish you got a playable Pokémon confirmed!"

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Wow, Sakurai just removed all doubt about him being a troll.
"Nothing to show for X/Y" a week after it's release with a glimpse of Xerneas as a possible Poké Ball summon.

.....just what goes on in his head....?
He's probably just doing that to make the whole Smash community go nuts, so that way our sanity level would disable us from predicting ANYTHING.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He's probably just doing that to make the whole Smash community go nuts, so that way our sanity level would disable us from predicting ANYTHING.
He's clearly doing it to shattered out lack of expectations after we didn't get a Pokémon playable character confirmed last week. He wanted to "break" the pattern.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Pikachu is obviously on a platform and Xerneas is standing on the ground near the ledge. It's all on the right side of Battlefield. Xerneas is far too small to be a Pokefloats platform.
Exactly! And if he were a float, that head would be a weird obstacle to try to get over.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Anyway, I don't think that's Poke Float stage. I'm 99% sure that's the Pilotwings stage, if only because Sakurai usually gives us a zoomed out view of the NEW stage when announcing it.
I don't think its the pilotwings stage either. And if we're still talking about the picture with fox and peach, then its definitely not.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The whole clouds scenery reminds me of the good ole' awful pre-Brawl days.

In specific terms, it reminds me of the thread that was about "seeing" Ganondorf, Bowser, Ridley, and I think King Dedede "in the clouds" of the scene where the Subspace Army attacks the Stadium in the SSE. :laugh:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
He found his new victims.... Pokemon fans.

I've been thinking. Is Sakurai really this master troll we've been labeling him as? Or do we just interpret his actions as trolling.

Regardless, I'm laughing my *** off!
It's the latter part really.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

In specific terms, it reminds me of the thread that was about "seeing" Ganondorf, Bowser, Ridley, and I think King Dedede "in the clouds" of the scene where the Subspace Army attacks the Stadium in the SSE. :laugh:

I see Tails with the Lightning Shield flying in that pic!

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I really don't want a Poke Float stage 2. Besides the usual Battle Stadiums, a new Pokémon stage that take place in a modern town around a small forest near a city would be more fun and interesting.

Or just a stage like this.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I really don't want a Poke Float stage 2. Besides the usual Battle Stadiums, a new Pokémon stage that take place in a modern town around a small forest near a city would be more fun and interesting.

Or just a stage like this.

I swear this pic reminds me of SSFIV for some reason...

... Street Fighter X Pokemon? :troll:

But I dunno, seems kinda flat for a SSB stage. Unless it was something like Saffron City, or unless they add construction pits to each side. Then it could work, I guess.

Getting kinda tired of the Stadiums, though, so I'd gladly take this over that anyway.
There's so much more in Pokemon than stadiums. I'd love to battle in Ho-Oh's tower, for example, or a Team ____ headquarters. Or Lake Rage from HG/SS.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Poke Floats wasn't INTERESTING?

WHAT.
Exactly. That stage was absolutely engrossing and unlike really any stage we've ever seen then.
Hey, even if it's not right, Poke Floats 2 is still possible. Poke Floats was one of the most original stages of all of Smash.
While I disagree on Poké Floats being the most original stage in all of Smash (Mute city says hell, goodbye, and penta-knee on), but still, it is an incredibly unique and fun stage. On top of that, a sequel stage would be amazing. There's so much untapped potential for greatness there.

Also, our very own EternalYoshi (plus Brawl mod master Mewtwo2000) made an epic Poké Floats 2 via Brawl mods in case any of you wants more. ;)

Oh, and while we're at it, can we get a new-ish Mute City-esk stage that doesn't kill you, has minimal (hopefully no) stage hazards that can harm you, oh, and lots of awesome epic moments again=??? Did I ever tell you guys that there is a special place in my heart for Mute City=????

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC. COME AT ME BRO.

...Is there anybody who feels like trading me a Yveltal in exchange for a Flabebe? :awesome:

Or some other Pokemon? I am doing Wonder Trades for no reason and I got a Pokemon earlier with the nickname "Fat Furry D".

Keeping it classy.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I see Tails with the Lightning Shield flying in that pic!
I saw Miis in the ocean on the Pliotwings/Wuhu Island stage.

I also saw Tom Nook on Smashville 2, as well as The Punisher there as well! :laugh:

BTW, The Punisher in Smash Wii U/3DS would be the ultimate random addition to any crossover (fighting) game ever, especially since I don't think he's ever been in Marvel vs. Capcom! :laugh:

Gune

Smash Lord

...Is there anybody who feels like trading me a Yveltal in exchange for a Flabebe? :awesome:

Or some other Pokemon? I am doing Wonder Trades for no reason and I got a Pokemon earlier with the nickname "Fat Furry D".

Keeping it classy.
Ladies want the D, Ladies love the D. Getting pokemon Y next month so can't do wonder whatever's with you.

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
Personally I think it's Pikachu and Xerneas on battlefield. Xerneas is a PokeBall. Hopefully next week we will actually get a character reveal. I honestly don't care who, it has nearly been 3 weeks since the last character reveal.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Keeping it classy.
Dude I was so close to getting myself a Xerneas for a Level 90 Kadabra but then it was removed once I reached to about Level 70... Now I don't know what to do with my Level 71 Kadabra... :rolleyes:

Getting version exclusive legendaries sure is difficult... ^^;

Ah well it wasn't a complete waste of time as I got my Mewtwo and a couple other Pokemon to Level 90 - 100 now. ^_^

Anyway back on topic with us. :T

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Keeping it classy.
Sure. Preferably post this in the Smash 4 general thread. You'll have better luck there. :awesome:

And a reminder to stay on topic. :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Dude I was so close to getting myself a Xerneas for a Level 90 Kadabra but then it was removed once I reached to about Level 70... Now I don't know what to do with my Level 71 Kadabra... :rolleyes:

Getting version exclusive legendaries sure is difficult... ^^;

Ah well it wasn't a complete waste of time as I got my Mewtwo and a couple other Pokemon to Level 90 - 100 now.

Anyway back on topic with us. :T
I'm hoping I get a Feebas out of nowhere because 90% of the trades for Yveltal are for a Feebas, which I believe is obtainable through the Friend Safari thingy. However, if it has the nickname "Nicki Minaj" I just may keep it.

EDIT: THERE SHALL BE NO ON-TOPIC DISCUSSION UNTIL I GET WHAT I NEED! IT'S MY THREAD AND I'll CRY IF I WANT TO!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm hoping I get a Feebas out of nowhere because 90% of the trades for Yveltal are for a Feebas, which I believe is obtainable through the Friend Safari thingy. However, if it has the nickname "Nicki Minaj" I just may keep it.

EDIT: THERE SHALL BE NO ON-TOPIC DISCUSSION UNTIL I GET WHAT I NEED! IT'S MY THREAD AND I'll CRY IF I WANT TO!

I don't think it's possible to get a Feebas at this point of time until Pokemon Bank comes out and people can transfer, I don't think it's obtainable in the Friend Safari, at least according to this list by Serebii.
http://serebii.net/xy/friendsafari.shtml

Anyway, we really should get back on topic before Falkoopa is going to hit us with his Falkoopa shell. :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't think it's possible to get a Feebas at this point of time until Pokemon Bank comes out and people can transfer, I don't think it's obtainable in the Friend Safari, at least according to this list by Serebii.
http://serebii.net/xy/friendsafari.shtml

Anyway, we really should get back on topic before Falkoopa is going to hit us with his Falkoopa shell. :p
IMPOSSIBRU. I HAVE BANANAS AROUND MY KART.

Well **** me then. I thought I read it was available via fishing or something. I MUST SUCCEED.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah their just troll submissions, I kinda wish Gamefreak fixed that in the new GTS system but apparently we still have to deal with impossible Level 10 Charizards and all....

Ah well, As soon as we can transfer our pre-gen Pokemon to X and Y, I will quickly transfer a Feebass and trade it in for a Xerneas from whatever unfortunate fool forgot to take him down from the GTS system. :demon:

Anyway, uhm lets talk about Pokemon.... on-topic Pokemon. So can you guy's see any Pokemon newcomers becoming playable, and who would you like it to be? :/

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Anyway, uhm lets talk about Pokemon.... on-topic Pokemon. So can you guy's see any Pokemon newcomers becoming playable, and who would you like it to be? :/
I am positive about Mewtwo (if he counts), but nobody else.
Blaziken and/or Zoroark would be awesome though.
I would love May too, who would likely take care of Blaziken.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, hope you're all doing well. Anyways, the topic is Pokemon? Well, here's a question, how many shinies do you people have waiting to be transferred to X/Y? I don't know about you, but I treasure my Black Rayquaza. :p

Yeah their just troll submissions, I kinda wish Gamefreak fixed that in the new GTS system but apparently we still have to deal with impossible Level 10 Charizards and all....

Ah well, As soon as we can transfer our pre-gen Pokemon to X and Y, I will quickly transfer a Feebass and trade it in for a Xerneas from whatever unfortunate fool forgot to take him down from the GTS system. :demon:

Eevee and Zoroark. :p

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I am positive about Mewtwo (if he counts), but nobody else.
Blaziken and/or Zoroark would be awesome though.
I would love May too, who would likely take care of Blaziken.
Nah I'm talking about proper newcomers, not fallen veterans.

Yeah I'd like to see Zoroark too. Blaziken would be nice as well after kicking butt with him in Y. I was more of a Swampert guy... :x

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Yeah I'd like to see Zoroark too. Blaziken would be nice as well after kicking butt with him in Y. I was more of a Swampert guy... :x
I prefer Mudkip over Torchic, but MAN.
My Blaziken plows through EVERYTHING in Y.
Zoroark has the best shot of being a newcomer. His disguise gimmick would be really fun.

Edit: I agree with Hotfeet.
Eevee would be amazing.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Changed back to Toon Link. Was difficult to let go of him.

So, Pokémon newcomers. I prefer Zoroark and Grovyle; so in extension May, who would have Grovyle and Blaziken

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I would love Zoroark to happen, but everyone wants to keep Lucario and Mewtwo and be very safe.
He's such a very unique Pokemon to my eyes.
Yeah Zoroark would definitely be a very unique addition, It's a real shame she is in such a shakey ground as I can definitely see her making it in with a very interesting and unique playstyle regarding illusions and mind games. Hopefully she can still make it in but probably likely not. :/

Morbi

Scavenger
Personally I think it's Pikachu and Xerneas on battlefield. Xerneas is a PokeBall. Hopefully next week we will actually get a character reveal. I honestly don't care who, it has nearly been 3 weeks since the last character reveal.
Didn't you see that picture? I think it is pretty clear that Xerneas is playable. Very overt and concise.

Espio264

Smash Ace

Holy crap! I remember that. I bought it so hard! Good times.

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
I would be comfortable with the current cast of Pokemon. I do think the 5 most expected characters to return do represent the series the best. Plus, I actually did like Lucario a lot. I got so hyped when he was leaked last year.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sure. Preferably post this in the Smash 4 general thread. You'll have better luck there. :awesome:

And a reminder to stay on topic. :p
What I always like to do to stay on topic by going off topic is to relate it back to the topic. Like "hey, so this is cool." And then I rant about how cool it is. Like the Arkham Asylum Complete Edition sale for $5 on Steam. That's cool. And now to bring us back on topic... BATMAN FOR SMASH!!! :awesome:

HIS FINAL SMASH COULD BE THE BATMOBILE THE BAT BIKE THE BAT TANK A LANDMASTER!!! :shades:
Anyway, uhm lets talk about Pokemon.... on-topic Pokemon. So can you guy's see any Pokemonnewcomers becoming playable, and who would you like it to be? :/
The only Pokémon I can think of that could be playable that weren't previous playable in Smash Bros are Meowth (eh, not the best idea IMO), Plusle and Minun (I have an amazing concept for them as playable characters), Blaziken (eh, not hugely for that idea), Zoroark (I think he could be amazing), or Pangoro (the 6th generation Panda Pokémon). Maybe that T-Rex Pokémon too.

Morbi

Scavenger
I would be comfortable with the current cast of Pokemon. I do think the 5 most expected characters to return do represent the series the best. Plus, I actually did like Lucario a lot. I got so hyped when he was leaked last year.
I honestly think Pokemon would be represented best if they also added Meowth. It just feels so weird that a reoccurring joke like Jigglypuff could get in over Meowth. The main antagonist who is unique based on the notion that he can speak English. Not to mention he could have tons of crazy gadgets in his play-style. So it isn't like all he has are his claws. Jigglypuff on the other hand... didn't really have much. Double slap and the marker... both of which Sakurai didn't include. It is just mind boggling.

This is coming from a Jigglypuff fan. I am not really sure what he was smoking when he added her over Meowth. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom