• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I didn't know that was you cause the new pic lol
It's a character for the comic. Badass katana chick with a saddist personality, Issy's character actually.

Also,

MORBID QUIT LIKING EVERYONE'S ****ING POSTS!!!

What are you trying to accomplish?? Is this some sort of social experiment?

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
It's a character for the comic. Badass katana chick with a saddist personality, Issy's character actually.

Also,

MORBID QUIT LIKING EVERYONE'S ****ING POSTS!!!

What are you trying to accomplish?? Is this some sort of social experiment?
I thought he was actually with me on this :(
So there are others now Morbid? You dirty dog you...:p

?????????????

Smash Master
Hawlucha:

Special Move: Aerial Ace
Side Special: Sky Drop
Up Special: High Jump Kick
Down Special: Flying Press
Final Smash: Sky Attack

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
Hawlucha:

Special Move: Aerial Ace
Side Special: Sky Drop
Up Special: High Jump Kick
Down Special: Flying Press
Final Smash: Sky Attack

Although maybe have Flying Press be final smash and have it squish half the stage. (If its the size of FinalDestination)

Although maybe have Flying Press be final smash and have it squish half the stage. (If its the size of FinalDestination)
And low kick for the down smash

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Bleh, clones are lame anyway, I'd rather have none of it...
Would you rather have one clone or 15 trophies=????
Idc, about how 'unique' they can be in competitive play, original and diverse characters are more fun.
If unique characters are more fun, then how come nobody gives two craps about the Pokémon Trainer (no one has posted in the Brawl Boards there in ages), the Zelda Boards (in either game, really), only a few people care about ROB, and yet, everyone loves, loves, loves Falco in Melee=??? :shades:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That is not evidence against representation being a plausible factor. This is one of the most timeless logical fallacies, "A lack of evidence is not evidence against." This is called an argument from ignorance.
No, it's because Sakurai is as dumb as a pile of garbage, unlike everyone who spouts "representation! representation!"

If we had accurate "representation," we wouldn't have had half of the Melee veterans return, and we'd have like 12 Mario characters.
I think it's a possibility that he takes it into consideration, and as such, I do let this variable have some power. Throwing an ad hominem at me isn't going to strengthen your argument.
It's not some hipster terms I'm using, it's parody because that is what the "muh representutives" say.
I ask again, do you have evidence that representation is not a thing, or do you only have fallacious pseudo-arguments?
We don't have a thousand Mario characters already. Also, because unique characters got in over token characters that do nothing but "represent."

Also, if you want to play as reps, go play as the Mario or DK symbol.

I can't believe intelligence here has stooped this low in regards to playable characters.

D

Deleted member

Would you rather have one clone or 15 trophies=????

If unique characters are more fun, then how come nobody gives two craps about the Pokémon Trainer (no one has posted in the Brawl Boards there in ages), the Zelda Boards (in either game, really), only a few people care about ROB, and yet, everyone loves, loves, loves Falco in Melee=??? :shades:

What a **** ultimatum that is...

I'd rather have a good game. The time spent on 4 clones could be spent on ONE character. I'd rather have that one character.

As for your question.

Because there's a difference between unique in a creative way that works as a concept, as you can see with Megaman, WFT, and Villager. And unique in a boring and uninspired way. PT is a **** character, good he was removed from PM.

Sakurai doesn't seem to know how to work the Transforming character concept, considering all 3 of his attempts at it are ****. Sometimes, breaking the mold, just for the sake of breaking it is a bad idea. I get the feeling that he was trying too hard to fit the canon on those three characters and thus didn't give himself the freedom to make them work.

As for ROB, people don't care for him cause he's boring to play as. He's got no real concrete playstyle, compare Brawl ROB to PM ROB, PM ROB is miles more interesting and a fun surprise, Brawl ROB just leaves you wondering "why is he even on here?"

And Falco? Well, he's a better Fox than Fox is. He flows REALLY damn well, and see, it's the characters that flow that are really good, and fun to play as, not all of them are top tier, but they sure are damn fun, Ike is a good example of this, both in PM and Brawl (esp in PM, damn is that mofo fun). So, if less clones means more characters like Peach, Falco, Marth, Ike, and so on, then so be it.

No need to waste a slot on a character no-one is gonna play...

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Raikou, Jolteon, Manetric, Galvantula, and Heliolisk exist.
Raichu >>>> Jolteon >> Raikou > Manetric > Heliolisk >> Galvantula

Raichu > Pichu > Pikachu

Pikachu is super duper overrated IMO he's a boring same character after three Smash bros iterations

Pichu would've be an interesting returning character for SSB4

Raichi is the best than all cuz he has badass tail!

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
No, it's because Sakurai is as dumb as a pile of garbage, unlike everyone who spouts "representation! representation!"

If we had accurate "representation," we wouldn't have had half of the Melee veterans return, and we'd have like 12 Mario characters.

It's not some hipster terms I'm using, it's parody because that is what the "muh representutives" say.

We don't have a thousand Mario characters already. Also, because unique characters got in over token characters that do nothing but "represent."

I can't believe intelligence here has stooped this low in regards to playable characters.

I just caught on to what you were saying...
I feel like an idiot now. Sorry bro.

So who do you guys really want in?

Like your #1 guy. I'd like Isaac from GoldenSun in :3

EddyBearr

Smash Lord

This is only if you take it to the extreme. I've never seen anyone opt that we take it to the extreme, or say that, if Mario had half the sales, we should have half mario characters. What folks do say is, "If Metroid is way more successful (aka has done tons more for Nintendo) than Mother, then Metroid should have more characters than Mother." People weigh the importance of whether or not a franchise needs a new rep based upon how much they deserve one, and tries to use that as a factor, because this is all about weighing multiple factors to come to a conclusion.

Even on Melee's cover, it says "Nintendo's All-Stars." Are you telling me that Dillon the Armadillo is a bigger All-Star than, say, Waluigi, or Falco?

No clue what "hipster" has to do with anything, but I have a feeling the "more representatives" viewpoint you're attacking is a strawman. I take franchise importance/representation into consideration, but I don't really say that. Simultaneously, this "muh representutives" shtick is, again, an ad hominem.

And we shouldn't have 50% mario characters, but I do feel we should have more mario characters than any other franchise, because Mario is more to Nintendo than any other franchise.

Looking for logic here. It is not the DK symbol that represents the DK franchise, it is DK, alongside some other choice characters.

I know, right? After all these words, when the only proposition was for some evidence that Sakurai doesn't care about representation be brought forth, when said claim was presented as fact, not only has no evidence been provided, but it has been teeming with irrelevancy, logical fallacies, and ad hominems.
You'd think people would come to conclusions based on deductive reasoning, weighing variables, and actual evidence, as opposed to calling anyone who disagrees "dumb/stupid."

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Off topic: not sure if we discussed this today, but wha do people think the pic of the day means.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Here is a better layout. I personally don't agree with not having Paper Mario & Starfy and think they will get in regardless of what my roster says. Anyway here it is again.

Credit to Ariand/AEM for awesome pics of: Mii, Lucas, Wario, Yoshi, Ridley, Palutena, Mewtwo, Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Zelda, Takamaru, Pikmin & Olimar, and Ice Climbers.

Attachments

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Off topic: not sure if we discussed this today, but wha do people think the pic of the day means.
Oops, just realized this is the topic we are on. Derp.

Also, I'm not sure if I said this before, but I am giving up the art of Trolling for the art of legitimate discussing.

D

Deleted member

@ Teddywhatsyourface

If Representation is a thing...

... then you mind telling me why the likes of Falcon, Ness, and G&W ever got in?

And also why we got THREE Star Fox characters in Brawl despite the last SF game being the mediocre Command on the DS, and Assault on GCN doing rather poorly.

Burden of proof my friend, there is little going for you when it comes to proving that Sakurai does as you say.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Here is a better layout. I personally don't agree with not having Paper Mario & Starfy and think they will get in regardless of what my roster says. Anyway here it is again
View attachment 3390
It's perfect, except I would make two changes

N64 over Diskun, (I had to say that, N64 is my thing)
And Reggie over Isaac, Nintendo seems to be making Reggie jokes whenever possible.

I also think Roy would be better than Chrom, but Chrom has the priority right now.

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
Sadly, it seems like a pretty common occurrence on this section of Smashboards.

Meowth > Pichu > any other non-vet Pokemon, including Raichu.
Wait what dude?
Pichu would attract alot of old fans from melee that played as him/her. I wouldn't go as far to say that Meowth is better than any non-vet bro.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Here is a better layout. I personally don't agree with not having Paper Mario & Starfy and think they will get in regardless of what my roster says. Anyway here it is again
View attachment 3390
Ahh interesting roster layout for 48 character slots.

I kinda expected 5th Mario rep, it could be Toad, Bowser Jr, Paper Mario and for DK's 3rd rep I think King K. Rool deserves it more than Dixie Kong.

Haven't heard of Diskun and I think you could replace him with Mario's 5th rep.

High fives for no Pac-Man XD

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Here is a better layout. I personally don't agree with not having Paper Mario & Starfy and think they will get in regardless of what my roster says. Anyway here it is again.

Credit to Ariand/AEM for awesome pics of: Mii, Lucas, Wario, Yoshi, Ridley, Palutena, Mewtwo, Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Zelda, Takamaru, Pikmin & Olimar, and Ice Climbers.
Love this roster Saturn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom