• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
You are picking things apart. No, Jiggs and Kirby are not in the same franchise and both got in the same game. You have to split things up for them to make sense.

We are not going to agree, except I hope you can realize that Lucario had more priority than Mewtwo. You take care special flake.
Not the point, but regardless your point doesn't have that much more ground to stand on. Basically to sum it up: Lucario replaced Mewtwo because they share one move, that's it. Nevermind that we have data showing that both were developed together, there is nothing supporting your theory aside from that one move.

Did I ever say otherwise? The argument was always about whether one replaced the other, not which one had more priority. Regardless I agree, we're not going to change each others minds on this so lets move on.

And kindly stop referring to me as a snowflake, last I checked I'm not made of ice.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
In before "Bawwww, shut up and drool at Sakurai's knees, we're lucky to be getting anything at all, you ungrateful cretin."
You unbearable discrete swine, Masahiro Sakurai is a very gifted youthful gentleman of high unparalleled caliber, the mongrels not conceding to the delicate procedure of execution shall be amended to appreciate the endeavor of catering to the ungrateful crowd of preposterous baboons.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Not the point, but regardless your point doesn't have that much more ground to stand on. Basically to sum it up: Lucario replaced Mewtwo because they share one move, that's it. Nevermind that we have data showing that both were developed together, there is nothing supporting your theory aside from that one move.

Did I ever say otherwise? The argument was always about whether one replaced the other, not which one had more priority. Regardless I agree, we're not going to change each others minds on this so lets move on.

And kindly stop referring to me as a snowflake, last I checked I'm not made of ice.
You do look more like a water/dark type.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If the Dark Pit figurine implied the addition of Dark Pit we would have the reveal already. But, this isn't crazy ville so Dark Pit ain't getting in.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Please no more Dark Pit talk. Let's change the subject!

Wouldn't it be cool if there were music from other Capcom, Sega, Konami and Namco games, aside from Mega Man, Sonic, Metal Gear/Castlevania/Bomberman and Pac-Man, in the game?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well guys, going to bed now.

I get a strange vibe that there is a reason we've gotten next to nothing good this week. Maybe we'll get something nice tomorrow morning. Here's hoping!

G'night y'all!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Please no more Dark Pit talk. Let's change the subject!

Wouldn't it be cool if there were music from other Capcom, Sega, Konami and Namco games, aside from Mega Man, Sonic, Metal Gear/Castlevania/Bomberman and Pac-Man, in the game?
Pretty sure there is a lot of legal issues that would prevent that from happening. Although, if it were to happen, we all know what is required to be on Dr. Wily's Castle.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well guys, going to bed now.

I get a strange vibe that there is a reason we've gotten next to nothing good this week. Maybe we'll get something nice tomorrow morning. Here's hoping!

G'night y'all!
It will be a picture of Peach eating a plum, while Villager discovers quantum physics and Pikachu gets molested by a floating hand in the Pokemon-Aime.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
If the Dark Pit figurine implied the addition of Dark Pit we would have the reveal already. But, this isn't crazy ville so Dark Pit ain't getting in.
I'm sorry, but what? Why would he be revealed before Ness and Charizard?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I hope tonight's picture is Sakurai feeding his cat ice cream with a spoon by the roaring fireplace.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Ugh, too tired to respond to anything...

Monday: Spinning blocks.
Tuesday: Toon Link's ascension to heaven.
Wednesday: Loftwing cam of Skyloft.
Thursday: Peach cheating on both Mario AND Link.
Friday: Hopefully, something Epic.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
No,it's a little broken in my opinion XD
It's like a fast and powerful Blissey XD
Oh whatever, I love my Panda <3 our bond is strong! We can beat whoever we want if we believe! Friendship! Sarcasm sarcasm but really I just love my Panda so much, I think I could figure out a way around it. Maybe Trick Room...

courte

Smash Lord
Hey, I just decided, I'm gonna share my roster with you all!
I still don't have Roster Maker (it wasn't really working) so bear with me.

My roster:

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Paper Mario

DK:
DK
Diddy
K. Rool
Dixie

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Wario:
Wario

Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganon
Toon Link

Metroid:
Samus
Ridley

Kirby:
Kirby
MK
Dedede

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jiggs
Trainer
Lucario
Mewtwo

Kid Icarus:
Pit
Palutena

MOTHER:
Ness
Lucas

F-Zero:
Cap

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Chrom
Ike

Pikmin:
Olimar

Animal Crossing:
Villager

Wii Fit:
Trainer

Punch Out:
Mac

Xenoblade:
Shulk

Retro:
Ice Climbers
G and W
ROB
Takamaru

3rd Party:
Sonic
Mega Man
Pac-Man

So...
What do you think?
(Did I miss anyone? Sure hope not.)
first thing's first i sorta like this list. if i'm going to be honest and score it 6.5/10
i'd just play brawl based on this roster, but i think you guys know my opinion. once again no offense

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ugh, too tired to respond to anything...

Monday: Spinning blocks.
Tuesday: Toon Link's ascension to heaven.
Wednesday: Loftwing cam of Skyloft.
Thursday: Peach cheating on both Mario AND Link.
Friday: Hopefully, something Epic.

Im so hoping its R.O.B so we can shut up the people who are saying rob will not come back

Besides its possible the nes 30th anniversary is tomorrow

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I have some doubts on a R.O.B. reveal, but I'll be incredibly happy if we do get one.

Regardless, Pikachu is still sad no other character from his series has been revealed yet.

courte

Smash Lord
I don't want DLC characters. I don't want to get a new character every month till SSB5 comes out. I'd rather wait for SSB5 to have those characters. After all, what's the point for Nintendo to develop and sell SSB5 if we keep getting SSB5 characters as DLC for SSB4?

hmm who said anything about smash 5?
http://www.destructoid.com/sakurai-criticizes-unnatural-amount-of-remakes-sequels-263439.phtml

i'll keep looking for the source, but i remember reading an article years ago about sakurai's opinion on DLC and sequels. The latter is something he is not crazy about. It's why he stuffs any game he works on with so much stuff.

I don't know how Nintendo does DLC at this point in the game, but for the most part there isn't a large history of it. They just started this year, right? The Wii did not have an HDD after all.

What makes you posit a new character every month, even hypothetical? Do you hold smash in the same regard of MOBA games? I hold it in the regards of a fighter and balanced as such. Factoring Nintendo, I'd be delighted at such an impossible prospect. They COULD add a hundred characters and have votes for them as well. If the game went for full fanservice i'd be ok with that because melee already exist and brawl can be modded. 3/4 characters a year? Smash would simply cement it's place as GOAT, only super cemented only because it's up there already. This smash was not a given.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I said "obvious". I wasn't referring to things that are most likely just in your head that he might not even intentionally be hinting at.
Here, "An enemy from Samus' past could appear at any second." either means he's playable or a kick to the balls (stage background/hazard).

He gave us the "most obvious" Ridley guarantee thinkable, and was just messing with us.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't think we'll be getting a new Starfox character.

And if we do, I'd hope for Krystal. I would slam my head on my desk 100 times in a row if Slippy was playable.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
What if Tabuu becomes playable.

Here, "An enemy from Samus' past could appear at any second." either means he's playable or a kick to the balls (stage background/hazard).

He gave us the "most obvious" Ridley guarantee thinkable, and was just messing with us.
THAT was the most obvious Ridley GURANTEE thinkable!?!?!?!?!? You're digging way too deep into what could likely be a simple unimportant comment on a stage hazard. Just because you want him playable so badly doesn't make this the almighty confirmation of Ridley.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
THAT was the most obvious Ridley GURANTEE thinkable!?!?!?!?!? You're digging way too deep into what could likely be a simple unimportant comment on a stage hazard. Just because you want him playable so badly doesn't make this the almighty confirmation of Ridley.
It was the "most obvious" to most people because Sakurai almost came out and just said that he's either kicking a vast amount of his fanbase n the balls or making Ridley playable. "most obvious" to one person may not be "most obvious" to you. Don't think that just because you didn't think anything of it, it wasn't a huge deal.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It was the "most obvious" to most people because Sakurai almost came out and just said that he's either kicking a vast amount of his fanbase n the balls or making Ridley playable. "most obvious" to one person may not be "most obvious" to you. Don't think that just because you didn't think anything of it, it wasn't a huge deal.
He's not that requested in Japan, and again this was a comment made about a stage likely referring to a character that could be a stage hazard in this one just as well as he could be a boss in the last one. I think a character tease would be in a different form than this. To honestly believe that this guarantees Ridley is definitely looking to much into it. I really don't think this tease was intentional, especially since we haven't' gotten anything like this for other more requested characters.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
He's not that requested in Japan, and again this was a comment made about a stage likely referring to a character that could be a stage hazard in this one just as well as he could be a boss in the last one. I think a character tease would be in a different form than this. To honestly believe that this guarantees Ridley is definitely looking to much into it.
One thing is for sure, Ridley is in the game. One form or another, a playable character or not. Sakurai is just stirring the pot a lottle to get people agitated. It doesnt confirm or deny anything. Hes bringing attention to it because he knows how controversial his inclusion as a playable character is. Anyone who thinks this proves anything is reading too much into it. Arguments are the same on both sides

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm so sick of Lucario replaced Mewtwo butthurt and really hope both are in all smash games from now on.
I'm so sick of everything Pokémon related, especially since we rarely have serious talks about Pokémon that aren't in Brawl (or Mewtwo) being playable.

Pichu, Plusle and Minun, Zoroark, that panda Pokémon... all of them could make great playable characters.
I have a feeling we won't get Mewtwo at all this week, besides the game already sold 4 million copies, it didn't need the promotion.
GTA V sold over 20 million copies, and the promotion (which was way more than X & Y) definitely helped.

courte

Smash Lord
Ridley and Weavel for Smash!
Kumatora, Claus and Poo for Smash!
Isaac for Smash!
Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. for Smash!
Vaati And Ghirahim for Smash!
More swords from Zelda in Smash!
Krystal for Smash!
Takemaru and Little Mac for Smash!
New Pokemon Trainers for Smash!
Diversity from Fire Emblem from Smash!

No MK and D3 for Smash!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh, I missed the Dark Pit conversation=???

Did I mention that is the character idea I hate the most=???

Anyone promoting such an idea as anything other than a last second clone addition is hereby shunned by Johnknight1. :shades:
L0TUS didn't say it guarantees Ridley is playable, he said it was a tease that guarantees Ridley will appear in the game in some way.
I said it confirms that Ridley is playable...

...or it confirms that the Smash Bros. is bad at picking playable characters, seeing as how his gameplay potential is amazing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Saying Ridley is confirmed to be anything other than in the game in some form is saying too much at this point. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom