• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hh, re-reading what I posted earlier, it looks as if I wouldn't support Toad if the Blue one was the default color scheme. Just to clear it up, I'd like it even MORE (and I see him much more likely as a playable character) if the case was indeed that Blue Toad was the default color scheme.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Keep in mind that SSB4 is still in development... Sakurai still has time to refresh Peach's moveset and add Toad as a playable character if Sakurai is planning to add Toad. That picture of Peach's Toad with red spots and blue vest could ultimately end up becoming one of SSB4's beta elements.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Looks like Sakurai's trolling has made this thread go even more crazy.

I don't know why Sakurai decided not to show a Pokemon. I mean we could still get one this week (on some random day).

Sometimes I think Sakurai is more interested in surprising (or psyching) people with Smash 4, than actually hyping it. I think Sakurai wants to be unpredictable this time just for the sake of being unpredictable.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think the reason Sakurai hasn't shown a Pokemon character is that Pokemon X/Y doesn't need the promotion.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm considering that a possibility would be that Sakurai decided to hold back on a Pokemon character reveal due to how close Toon Link and Sonic's reveals were.

D

Deleted member

So when Sakurai said Peach may be refreshed, he was talking about her physical appearance? I think every other veteran are getting the same treatment so why the need to single out Peach? And Sakurai wasn't talking about Peach's general appearance when Peach was confirmed.

Sakurai was talking about Peach's moves, not her general appearance like your Snake example. So why did Sakurai have to single out Peach's moves? We already know that some characters are getting some new moves (Bowser, Pit, etc.) so Sakurai could have said nothing about refreshing Peach's moves but he did.

If refreshing is about changing aesthetics and nothing more, then Peach's Toad could be changed into Toadsworth... same move, new look... like I suggested... like this...

Fine, be delusional.
It will make the tears much more sweeter when you are inevitably proven dead wrong.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's either Sakurai trolls us with a different veteran or newcomer, or we get Mewtwo.

I'm considering that a possibility would be that Sakurai decided to hold back on a Pokemon character reveal due to how close Toon Link and Sonic's reveals were.
The thing is, I think the reason why Toon Link was revealed along with Peach, was that Toon Link would be easy to develop after Link to promote Wind Waker. So I guess, don't expect anything till the end of the month, they might show the leaky 3 newcomers.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I scratch my head as to why Sakurai wanted to get all the Mario characters out of the way so quickly, yet presented with an opportunity to confirm one addition Pokemon character, Sakurai is like "What is X/Y? *laughs :troll: ".

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Perhaps he hasn't done his market research on X/Y, as he stated in the Pokemon criteria article.
Just a random thought.

I scratch my head as to why Sakurai wanted to get all the Mario characters out of the way so quickly, yet presented with an opportunity to confirm one addition Pokemon character, Sakurai is like "What is X/Y? *laughs :troll: ".
Because it was the Year of Luigi, and it was SMB's anniversary. It doesn't seem like a coincidence to me. I still doubt a 5th Mario character.

courte

Smash Lord
in the vein of super mario world 1-1, pokefloats, and... that donkey kong waterfall stage i like with the Bramble Blast song. Stickerbush symphony. Rumble Falls.

not going to lie, it warms my heart a little whenever a character isn't announced. send tears via pm, i'm thirsty. lower your expectations

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Fine, whatever. I will stop supporting Toad because that's what the Toad detractors want. :rolleyes:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Make it Friday, just to be safe.:troll:

This might be the most fun looking stage so far.

We. Could get a non pokemon on friday that friday is the usa anniversary of the nes and luigi was confirmed for the usa release of mairo bros dream

And for those playing at home that character for the anniversary of the nes it would be R.O.B

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I just want to skip to the part where Little Mac is playable. XD
Revealed through a fresh new trailer that shows off the new veterans in action as well.

My hopes rest on a christmas gift trailer. (Hey, last time it was Super Sonic reveal)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
One of these is incorrect. Which please?
I don't know, I count Geno as a third party now, so I kinda mix it up I apologize.

Edit: Let me think now, if we don't get Mewtwo this week, we might get Mewtwo later next year. In the meanwhile, there is a definite possibility that Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii could be revealed at the end of the month due to anniversary and promotional events.

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice

Well maybe Sakurai is still deciding which photos he will use for his new pkm character, I mean he didn't show a new imagen so it could appear in any time. I hope....

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nah, that was a separate guy who anonymously emailed a journalist from IGN, claiming that he had the final roster but wasn't sure of his source's legitimacy until his claims that Olimar and Luigi would be revealed with their respective releases came true. So he posted that the final roster was this crap:

I bet he thought he was being so smart, gambling on Toon Link being removed because of the Spirit Tracks Link conducting the train...too bad it didn't pay off.

But I like this roster >:

Holy **** Lucario is shown off in Pokwmon X/Y.

I hate it. Makes me think he's a shoe-in.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Does anybody know what the Miiverse post for this update says=???

The site still hasn't updated that for me. :ohwell:
Because the pattern would be way too obvious.

It's dumb to reveal a new pokemon character or a returnee pokemon during the release of X/Y because that would literally expose a pattern and everyone here will ride on it like a kid on a mechanical bull >.>
I think he's literally just waiting for us not to expect it.

Think about it, he did the Peach reveal on an important date (the 28th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros), Toon Link's reveal on an unexpected date (before the Japanese retail release of the Wind Waker HD), and he did Sonic's reveal a few weeks before anyone suspected it (thus getting us by surprise).

Basically, don't count out a late reveal. Sakurai knows how to get us. If anything, he's building up (future) hype.
This too.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
I feel like the Toad fans are even more delusional than Krystal fans. Toad has history repeating itself going against him, as well as trying to become a character when starting as part of Peach's moveset. Krystal has even better chances than Toad at this point (in my eyes at least). They don't understand logic and reasoning I guess when their main defense is, "Teh Sakuraiz is unperdicting so maybes he has beenz changin the rooster to include teh Toad cuz he be trollin!" Cuz there's no way his disclaimer was referring to the fact that it's an unfinished game, thus minor details may or may not be changed -__-

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I feel like the Toad fans are even more delusional than Krystal fans. Toad has history repeating itself going against him, as well as trying to become a character when starting as part of Peach's moveset. Krystal has even better chances than Toad at this point (in my eyes at least). They don't understand logic and reasoning I guess when their main defense is, "Teh Sakuraiz is unperdicting so maybes he has beenz changin the rooster to include teh Toad cuz he be trollin!" Cuz there's no way his disclaimer was referring to the fact that it's an unfinished game, thus minor details may or may not be changed -__-
Toad and Krystal are in different categories.

Toad is all but deconfirmed. Krystal isn't.

Toad is such an uninspired playable character choice in terms of moveset, skillset, and playstyle potential. Krystal isn't.
But I like this roster >:
That roster is already wrong though, so there's no point in discussing it.

I feel like the Toad fans are even more delusional than Krystal fans
Name calling? Really?

How classy
I think he's literally just waiting for us not to expect it.

Think about it, he did the Peach reveal on an important date (the 28th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros), Toon Link's reveal on an unexpected date (before the Japanese retail release of the Wind Waker HD), and he did Sonic's reveal a few weeks before anyone suspected it (thus getting us by surprise).

Basically, don't count out a late reveal. Sakurai knows how to get us. If anything, he's building up (future) hype..
*shrug*

Maybe. The guy can get unpredictable at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom