• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'd be pleasantly surprised if ROB showed up. Not only would it put an end to the stupid ROB debates we've been having as of late, but I love ROB, and would enjoy to see him confirmed.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
So Mewtwo was revealed for Project M and well, my mind and body was not ready. I really want to see Sakurai top this:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
whelp looks like a Pokémon reveal is a bust:ohwell:
at least there's the R.O.B rumor and Pokémon X&Y to tie us over
at least to everyone else who actually owns a 3ds but me

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Tell that to Captain Falcon/Ness/Jigglypuff (64), Mr. Game & Watch/Ice Climbers/Marth/Roy (Melee), R.O.B. (Brawl), and WFT (SM4SH). Unexpected/Unlikely characters have made it in, we've gotten retros we hadn't considered as likely, true WTF characters that nobody was expecting at the time, and Japan-only characters making their Western debut via Smash Bros.; With the exception of not-so-much the WTF-value (to the Western fanbase minus us, at least, since we're all familiar with Sukapon but everyday people wouldn't know who is is), Sukapon fits every one of those bills, and the fact that it came from a fighting game already and has inspiration already for its moveset, it seems it would fit all of Sakurai's criteria.

It is unlikely, yes, and I am not holding my breath no matter how much I'd like to have Sukapon, but you cannot say never unless Sakurai himself officially deconfirms it, or until the game releases and we get confirmation of no post-release DLC fighters.
I'm not saying he's impossible, but I don't see him getting in over any other character. Don't get me wrong, he's literally my third most anticipated newcomer...but I don't expect him because another retro (like Takamaru) really is more likely than him.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
What a minute, ROBs 23 anniversary will be in a week or so
A week is 7 days. 23 - 7 = 16. I am 13 years old. 16 - 13 = 3. Half-Life 3 confirmed!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I guess they will release a WiiU version of ROB called the W.I.E.N.E.R.
WiiU Intellegent Especially Nice Electronic Robot

So I guess that conversation is over. So, what are Banjo's chances. On a scale of 1 to 100

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Here is my official Roster predicition:

I would've liked to include ROB Ridley Palutena Rayman and a FF Character, but I don't see them happening,

Edit: 0.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
So I guess that conversation is over. So, what are Banjo's chances. On a scale of 1 to 100
Nuts&Bolts/100

Because Microsoft **** out a terrible game and laughed at all the fans of the series just to spite Nintendo.

But in all seriousness, hes my number 1 wanted IF he was still owned by nintendo, the original 2 Banjo games are some of if not the best games for the N64

Hes got 0 chance

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Here is my official Roster predicition:

I would've liked to include ROB Ridley Palutena Rayman and a FF Character, but I don't see them happening,

Edit: 0.
Judging this on realism, I don't see 2 Konami reps at once, as much as I love Simon Belmont. Sakurai said he wanted to keep down on 3rd party reps.
Everything else seems good, I'd add a little something to spice it up a bit, add a little personality.
I would give this a Mega Bidoof Rating of 8.25

EDIT: forget about that "spice it out thing" I forgot this was based on realism. I'd also give Simon a retro look from Castlevania 1 or 2 like MegaMan got his NES design

EDIT: I also just realized no Chrom, ROB, and new Zelda Rep. gonna have to lower this to a 7.5 also, every roster should have a retro character (which you have) and a WTF retro character (which you are lacking)
Both Melee and Brawl had both types of retro

EDIT: No ridley, 7.0

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Magnus would make a better character than Palutena. *Though I do think Palutena is more likely

Palutena overlaps with Zelda's niche, and Magnus would overlap with Ike's niche. It's possible Magnus could get in if Ike got cut (and Smash decided to opt for a "turnover" strategy for Fire Emblem and Pokemon reps,) but other than that I expect not. Magnus also feels like he would slightly overlap with Snake's niche, so if Snake got cut, Magnus might fill the void ever so slightly.

It's because of the overlapping "big, kinda slow sword guy" niche for Ike, Magnus, and presumably Chrom, that I feel like Isaac will get in instead of Shulk.

I'd be sad if we lost Ike though. I do like Ike, and his friends.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
How is ROB, Palutena, and Ridley not likely when you have Bowser Jr., Krystal, and Simon Belmont are on that roster=???

There is almost no demand for Simon Belmont, Krystal demand has taken a gigantic plummet since the Brawl days, and Bowser Jr. demand still really isn't a thing.

With ROB, there's still people wanting him back really badly. Palutena has constantly been the most wanted character, and Ridley is the most wanted potential newcomer now that Mega Man is confirmed (save for maybe K. Rool) according to multiple reports.
It isn't worth talking about in the Roster Prediction Thread because it won't happen so long as Microsoft owns all the rights to Banjo.

Unless that happens (to where Microsoft no longer owns all the rights to Banjo), keep it to the dream threads.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
How is ROB and Ridley not likely when you have Bowser Jr and Simon Belmont are on that roster=???

There is almost no demand for the latter two characters, whereas the former two still have plenty of demand.

It isn't worth talking about because it won't happen so long as Microsoft owns all the rights to Banjo.
Bowser Jr. Does have demand and I would go as far to say he is the most likely Mario Rep, after Toad, but he may be deconfirmed. (Don't rage at me for saying he's deconfirmed)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Yeah, so after a little thought, I'd say Shulk > Krystal. I also REALLY wanted K. Rool, but Nintendo apparently doesn't kare about the kremling krippler anymore.

Now, as far as Snake AND Simon, only one will happen (preferably Simon). I just couldn't think of anyone else suitable. I don't think ROB's comin back.

Official Revised:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Bowser Jr. Does have demand and I would go as far to say he is the most likely Mario Rep, after Toad, but he may be deconfirmed. (Don't rage at me for saying he's deconfirmed)
Bowser Jr. demand is still very minuscule. It hasn't grown much at all since the pre-Brawl days, if any at all.

While the likelihood of Bowser Jr. has gone it, up too hasn't gotten a large sudden boost from anything. It's nothing to write home about.

And Toad's likelihood is basically non-existent. Heck, I've always thought that.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Toad and Krystal are in different categories.

Toad is all but deconfirmed. Krystal isn't.

Toad is such an uninspired playable character choice in terms of moveset, skillset, and playstyle potential. Krystal isn't.

That roster is already wrong though, so there's no point in discussing it.
I understand they're in different categories. It was more of a re-quoting of one of Habanero's statements about Krystal fans.

I completely agree with all of your points.

Name calling? Really?

How classy

*shrug*

Maybe. The guy can get unpredictable at times.
Name calling? No. Adjective describing how Toad fans' logic of Toad not being pretty much deconfirmed? Yes.

Also Mewtwo being in Project M makes me even more hype than seeing the Roy trailer. I really hope both of them return.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Learn to love it, It'll sting less if he's confirmed.

It's whatever in the end. I think the fact that we havent got an X/Y character reveal says a bit about Pokemn's situation right meow

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yeah, so after a little thought, I'd say Shulk > Krystal. I also REALLY wanted K. Rool, but Nintendo apparently doesn't kare about the kremling krippler anymore.

Now, as far as Snake AND Simon, only one will happen (preferably Simon). I just couldn't think of anyone else suitable. I don't think ROB's comin back.

Official Revised:

You forgot Bandana Dee :evil:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Sakurai isn't putting in Palutena - for one he don't care bout the fan requests, and two he thinks overrepping series he develops is unfair. Pit is enough.
Ridley is all but deconfirmed.... he's on Pyrosphere, and has only be seen there.
I wanted Toad as well. but he's part of peach's moves.
I just don't see R.O.B. returning. Sorry.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I
I understand they're in different categories. It was more of a re-quoting of one of Habanero's statements about Krystal fans.

I completely agree with all of your points.

Name calling? No. Adjective describing how Toad fans' logic of Toad not being pretty much deconfirmed? Yes.

Also Mewtwo being in Project M makes me even more hype than seeing the Roy trailer. I really hope both of them return.
I think Toad likes it right where he is, up Peach's dress.:estatic:

Sakurai isn't putting in Palutena - for one he don't care bout the fan requests, and two he thinks overrepping series he develops is unfair. Pit is enough.
Ridley is all but deconfirmed.... he's on Pyrosphere, and has only be seen there.
But in the E3 trailer, it basically said that Kid Icarus is one of Mintendos biggest series.
And if Fan requests didn't matter, the only third party there would be is Snake.
And you are right, Ridley is on the Pyrosphere, just like how Toon Link is on the Spirit Tracks Stage and Donkey Kong is on the 75m stage. And ROB has no reason for being cut

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Eh.. he listened to fans about Megaman, and the fact he was the one who revived KI, he could add Palutena.

Official Revised:
Needs moar Professor Layton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom