• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Time to pick this apart.
Sakurai isn't putting in Palutena - for one he don't care bout the fan requests,
Lies. Sonic and Mega Man, especially, say otherwise. Bowser and Wario were also among the most popular requests pre-Melee and pre-Brawl, respectively. Dedede, Olimar, Ike, Diddy, Lucario, and Meta Knight were also very popular pre-Brawl.

and two he thinks overrepping series he develops is unfair. Pit is enough.
In your opinion, you mean to say. Not to mention that Sakurai feels that way about the Kirby series because he created it. Sakurai did not create Kid Icarus. That honor would go to Gunpei Yoko.

Ridley is all but deconfirmed.... he's on Pyrosphere, and has only be seen there.
Except we haven't seen Ridley at all yet? Seriously...

I just don't see R.O.B. returning. Sorry.
And why not? Using any bit of logic would imply his return.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I wonder where the notion that requests are not taken into consideration comes from. I mean it's pretty clear several of the characters we got were because of requests, especially blunt with a large chunk of the Brawl newcomers.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I wonder where the notion that requests are not taken into consideration comes from. I mean it's pretty clear several of the characters we got were because of requests, especially blunt with a large chunk of the Brawl newcomers.
It comes from people being brain dead, especially after Mega Man and Sonic were both confirmed, aka the most wanted characters for Brawl and Smash 4 respectively.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
My thoughts:
Palutena has one of the best chances of any newcomer.
She's very well wanted, and Kid Icarus Uprising was a huge success.
She's up there with Takamaru IMO.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It comes from people being brain dead, especially after Mega Man and Sonic were both confirmed, aka the most wanted characters for Brawl and Smash 4 respectively.
B-but the likes of R.O.B. and Wii Fit Trianer CLEARLY dictate that the developers don't give a damn about the fans.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
My thoughts:
Palutena has one of the best chances of any newcomer.
She's very well wanted, and Kid Icarus Uprising was a huge success.
She's up there with Takamaru IMO.
I'm here for a few minutes! Before I leave, I agree that Palutena has great chances. The only obstacle in her way is the need for a second KI rep. She's popular, requested heavily, so on and so forth. I say she has great chances, some of the better chances of newcomers.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Going off of John's quote about requested characters and whatnot, now I don't see Lucario going at ALL. (If it's true.)
Why would Lucario not return=???

The only good reason is that his awful aura system (man it was terrible) and that his moveset is kind of generic, but Lucario could easily be ride of those things.

On top of that, Lucario is still super popular in the Smash community.
B-but the likes of R.O.B. and Wii Fit Trianer CLEARLYdictate that the developers don't give a damn about the fans.
Which is funny because there was a noticeable movement for ROB pre-Brawl, and the Wii Fit Trainer is from a franchise that sold over 40 million copies in 2 entries.

That means the lowest selling game in that franchise sold over twice as many copies as Brawl, the best-selling smash game.

What's ironic is that we were so caught up in smaller franchises like Star Fox, Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus to look at big blockbuster franchises like Animal Crossing and Wii Fit and Wii everything for characters. It's kind of hilarious, actually, especially since Mega Man is thus far the franchise with the least games sold with a newcomer. :chuckle:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's a glorified case of STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE.

Either that or people refusing to believe Sakurai can think of things they can't even comprehend (PT/transforming characters, Captain Falcon/Fox/R.O.B./WFT as fighting game characters, retro characters, Ganondorf as a CF clone, etc.) and thus write off whatever they didn't predict/like as bad/dumb/didn't happen/isn't significant.

Then rule of dumb happens, and these assumptions become "Word of God" to the vocal minority of idiots. Hence people thinking clones returning in Brawl was unlikely- nay, impossible. And why Ridley's too big, Chrom's inevitable, Snake isn't coming back, etc.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I decided I may as well spruce up my roster with some updated artwork. Plus, feedback's always nice. It's probably the roster I'm most confident about.

No Control

Smash Apprentice
So I decided I may as well spruce up my roster with some updated artwork. Plus, feedback's always nice. It's probably the roster I'm most confident about.

I'd be very happy if this were the final roster. I think the 6 yet-to-be-announced newcomers you've added are probably the 6 most likely, too (except maybe Mii and Pac-Man, I unfortunately must acknowledge).

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Gee, THAT LOOKS LIKE EVERY OTHER ****ING ROSTER OUT THERE.
Yeah...it's just that this is a prediction thread, and most people's predictions end up "merging" with each other, so to speak.

The rosters that actually have noticeably different character choices tend to turn out to be controversial and usually end up being dismissed.

-----

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's a glorified case of STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE.

Either that or people refusing to believe Sakurai can think of things they can't even comprehend (PT/transforming characters, Captain Falcon/Fox/R.O.B./WFT as fighting game characters, retro characters, Ganondorf as a CF clone, etc.) and thus write off whatever they didn't predict/like as bad/dumb/didn't happen/isn't significant.

Then rule of dumb happens, and these assumptions become "Word of God" to the vocal minority of idiots.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I guess I'm just cautious by nature, but on the flip side, if the characters we get can be good characters, then why would it matter if they're not surprising? That's more like icing on the cake to me, personally. If I were to say, add three more characters, they'd be ones that had a bit more of shock value to them, like Starfy, Isaac, and Muddy Mole. I just didn't want to go overboard on the number of characters. :p

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You shouldn't be worried to speak up when it's kind of required.

I would like more risks being taken with these rosters, you know what I mean? The majority of them play it too safe, which is drab.
Alrite I'll come out and say it. This roster takes no risk whatsoever. It's probably the most "go with the crowd/play it safe" roster on here. There is no way the roster would turn just like that in the final game. That's not to say it's bad. It's just clearly unfinished.

I get 45 being the most realistic number, but I don't think 48 would be too unrealistic either.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Alrite I'll come out and say it. This roster takes no risk whatsoever. It's probably the most "go with the crowd/play it safe" roster on here. There is no way the roster would turn just like that in the final game. That's not to say it's bad. It's just clearly unfinished.

I get 45 being the most realistic number, but I don't think 48 would be too unrealistic either.
My roster was forty-nine, actually.

Morbi

Scavenger
954 messages while I was away playing Pokemon X and Y. Jesus. This Jigglypuff is never going to catch up. Now I am off to night class.

I just wanted to say that I am now 100% sold on Lucario being in the game. He is essential to X and Y, more than I could comprehend before playing the game. I already speculated that there wouldn't be too many cuts. I knew Lucario would be returning. However, there was a little bit of hesitation. I wasn't 100% committed to the notion. I will be glad to see much less Lucario cuts on everyone's roster. Haha. See you guys later, I have to beat Victory Road when I get back.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I would like more risks being taken with these rosters, you know what I mean? The majority of them play it too safe, which is drab.
You want to something gone for broke? HAVE SOMETHING GONE FOR BROKE!

Nah, but really, here's my actual roster:

BY THE WAY, 500TH POST, SUCKAS!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Only viable choices I see are Diskun or a Hanafuda character.
Well, considering only one of those 2 options is a hardware character, is related to the gaming industry, and has decent potential.

Also I wouldn't say this installment NEEDS a hardware character, but Diskun is already pretty viable so I don't see why not. I also don't recall us ever getting HISTORICAL characters, but rather retro and hardware.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You want to something gone for broke? HAVE SOMETHING GONE FOR BROKE!

Nah, but really, here's my actual roster:

BY THE WAY, 500TH POST, SUCKAS!
Not bad, but too many retro characters for me. I'm not too fond of Meowth, but I wouldn't mind him if he got in. My main issue is that you have Sukapon, but you don't have Palutena, as well as that Diddy and Dixie are a team character.

Props for including K. Rool, Ridley, Shulk, Isaac, Mewtwo and Waluigi among other choices.

Also yay for no Pac-man or Mii!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom