• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
*shrug*

Maybe. The guy can get unpredictable at times.
Eh, I just think he's trying to keep us guessing.

Honestly, it's kinda more fun this way. I mean one way or another we're gonna get Pokémon veterans revealed, so it's not like we're never gonna get any. It's just a waiting game.
At least Toad's fanbase isn't as perverted as Krystal's fanbase.
Well actually, I've seen things from the Toad fanbase before that involve a lot of perverse material involving Mario characters.

courte

Smash Lord
Sakurai's previous job was MayorDean of China IL. The only reason he isn't anymore is because tuesday. In short, Sakurai don't even think about thinking about thinking about caring about you after he typed in Masahiro Sakurai the Hedgehog. He hates the internet

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Sakurai's previous job was MayorDean of China IL. The only reason he isn't anymore is because tuesday. In short, Sakurai don't even think about thinking about thinking about caring about you after he typed in Masahiro Sakurai the Hedgehog. He hates the internet
Wat?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So guys, I still think K. Rool will be the first newcomer revealed.
Wait wait wait hold it there

Keep the place PG :awesome:
I'm just saying that there's equally as gross people in the Krystal fans as there are Toad fans.

However, neither of those certain people are much of the Krystal fanbase.
****, someone got the crotch /nohomo
ALL THE HOMOS!!!

*takes off shirt*

So much random posts today. I must join this raid.

*SIGH* Bad mood today that's tall. PvP community can be a bit jerky at times in any MMO >_<

courte

Smash Lord
TLDR if you don't watch china, il.

your speculating is ok. your rampant speculation like wild stallions of san dimas is needless. it's not like it's dojo. he doesn't care so much about titillating you with teasers, he's busy working on fine tuning this game. saying sakurai this, sakurai that, sakurai threw us for a loop, i predict sakurai. it just looks silly

courte

Smash Lord
Now if the site was updates like the Dojo... i'd be a screaming pile of mindless want like the rest of you, only clamoring for more 'realistics' as opposed to Mario Party the Fighters

D

Deleted member

Fine, whatever. I will stop supporting Toad because that's what the Toad detractors want. :rolleyes:
There's a difference between supporting a character and being delusional.

Support Toad all you want; the more active blue one is still up for grabs at this point in time. Just stop being delusional to the point where you corrupt Sakurai's statement to mean he might replace the red/blue meat shield so you can play as it.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know what guys=???

The Project M roster (aka everyone from Brawl plus Mewtwo and Roy), the 3 Smash for the Wii U and the 3DS newcomers (The Villager, Mega Man, The Wii Fit Trainer), K. Rool, Ridley, Miis, Pac-Man, Shulk, Little Mac, and *insert some other less than expected character here* sounds like a good roster.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
You know what guys=???

The Project M roster (aka everyone from Brawl plus Mewtwo and Roy), the 3 Smash for the Wii U and the 3DS newcomers (The Villager, Mega Man, The Wii Fit Trainer), K. Rool, Ridley, Miis, Pac-Man, Shulk, Little Mac, and *insert some other less than expected character here* sounds like a good roster.

I vote for Bandana Dee!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I vote for Bandana Dee!
I was thinking more along the lines of a main character of a franchise that isn't that well known, like Sukapon, Mach Rider, Takamaru, etc.

That or a Pokémon newcomer.

You know, a character that just pops out, and you're all like "WHERE DID THAT COME FROM, AND WHY WASN'T IT IN MY LIFE BEFORE!?!?!?"

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
SUUUUUUKAAAAAAAPONNNNNNN!
-
*ahem* Sukapon, coming from a fighting game already as well as providing exposure to the Western Fanbase since Joy Mech Fight was Japan-only, would be awesome.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I was thinking more along the lines of a main character of a franchise that isn't that well known, like Sukapon, Mach Rider, Takamaru, etc.

That or a Pokémon newcomer.

You know, a character that just pops out, and you're all like "WHERE DID THAT COME FROM, AND WHY WASN'T IT IN MY LIFE BEFORE!?!?!?"
Pokemon newcomer that no one saw coming? Meowth please. Team Rocket mechas/Weezing/Arbok, Meowth's Party and his Smash Pokeball appearences for moveset ideas.

Or if we need a Gen 6 Rep because it's the current thing, how about Pangoro/Pancham? Most people seem to like the gruff and tough Panda.

Retros...
I'd say Takamaru would be a surprise, but judging by nearly everyone's roster here it would be more surprising if the retro WASN'T Takamaru.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I agree, but it's never going to happen.
Tell that to Captain Falcon/Ness/Jigglypuff (64), Mr. Game & Watch/Ice Climbers/Marth/Roy (Melee), R.O.B. (Brawl), and WFT (SM4SH). Unexpected/Unlikely characters have made it in, we've gotten retros we hadn't considered as likely, true WTF characters that nobody was expecting at the time, and Japan-only characters making their Western debut via Smash Bros.; With the exception of not-so-much the WTF-value (to the Western fanbase minus us, at least, since we're all familiar with Sukapon but everyday people wouldn't know who is is), Sukapon fits every one of those bills, and the fact that it came from a fighting game already and has inspiration already for its moveset, it seems it would fit all of Sakurai's criteria.

It is unlikely, yes, and I am not holding my breath no matter how much I'd like to have Sukapon, but you cannot say never unless Sakurai himself officially deconfirms it, or until the game releases and we get confirmation of no post-release DLC fighters.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Pokemon newcomer that no one saw coming? Meowth please. Team Rocket mechas/Weezing/Arbok, Meowth's Party and his Smash Pokeball appearences for moveset ideas.

Or if we need a Gen 6 Rep because it's the current thing, how about Pangoro/Pancham? Most people seem to like the gruff and tough Panda.

Retros...
I'd say Takamaru would be a surprise, but judging by nearly everyone's roster here it would be more surprising if the retro WASN'T Takamaru.
With Pokémon, I generally was thinking Pichu Part II, Plusle and Minun, Zoroark, or a 6th Generation Pokémon that Sakurai, Namco Bandai, The Pokémon Company, and Game Freak all agreed on, but eh, Meowth isn't a terrible choice. :ohwell: Just don't give it 3 versions of Pay Day!!! :laugh:

As for retro minor franchise characters (big difference), there's a lot of good choices. Honestly, the Villager was kind of a surprise even though it was foreseen by a certain crowd, but it still felt like that kind of surprise I was talking about. Takamaru might not be a super big surprise to a lot of people, but seeing him is a different kind of surprise.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord

Retros...
If we had to have a Gen 6 rep, my own personal preference would be Sylveon, because it represents the new fairy type (with would lend to new creative moves), the Eevee line which is extremely popular (intro being Eevee evolving into Sylveon?) otherwise there wouldn't be so many eeveelutions, and a creative application of the four-legged fighter (since with the ribbon thingies, it could fight in a manner similar to Ivysaur with the vines), as well as being a Gen 6 rep.

Takamaru would be a surprise for anybody not familiar with him, but to anybody that is, he definitely is considered a shoo-in.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Can't say I really agree with a duo of two completley different characters or that we'll get only gen 1 Pokemon. Also Krystal getting in just won't happen no matter what, especially over Wolf. Pac-Man is a realistic addition, but I personally think he won't replace Snake. Snake is a much more unique and loveable character.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You know what guys=???

The Project M roster (aka everyone from Brawl plus Mewtwo and Roy), the 3 Smash for the Wii U and the 3DS newcomers (The Villager, Mega Man, The Wii Fit Trainer), K. Rool, Ridley, Miis, Pac-Man, Shulk, Little Mac, and N64 logo sounds like a good roster.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mega... just stop.

Make a new joke character idea.
I agree, but it's never going to happen.
Tell that to the Ice Climbers.

Also, Sakurai has specifically mentioned Sukapon (and for that matter The Mach Rider and Takamaru) multiple times in regards to Smash Bros.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Tell that to the Ice Climbers.

Also, Sakurai has specifically mentioned Sukapon (and for that matter The Mach Rider and Takamaru) multiple times in regards to Smash Bros.
We both had the same thought, heh.

I think, in the past, Sakurai mentioned Sukapon in reference to it (at the time) being too obscure (correct me if I'm wrong on this), but the point is that Sakurai acknowledges it rather than his its being something totally unknown to him, and that may just be what gets it a slot on the roster this time around.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We both had the same thought, heh.

I think, in the past, Sakurai mentioned Sukapon in reference to it (at the time) being too obscure (correct me if I'm wrong on this), but the point is that Sakurai acknowledges it rather than his its being something totally unknown to him, and that may just be what gets it a slot on the roster this time around.
Sakurai mentioned Sukapon as a retro character he considered for Melee and possibly tested, along with the Mach Rider, Urban Champion, Bubbles (from Clu-Clu Land), the Excite Biker, and the Balloon Fighter, but ultimately, he chose the Ice Climbers because of the team concept.

He also mentioned Charizard, Lip, and Takamaru too of course.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Like how he specifically told us NOT to expect Sukapon?
Or like how he told us that The Villager couldn't be "a fighter"=???

I don't take any comments like that (character specific ones) very seriously Smash game to Smash game.

Of course the "no non-video gaming original character" rule and the "3rd party roster spots are very limited" rule seem to be set in stone, however.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Or like how he told us that The Villager couldn't be "a fighter"=???
Telling us he currently can't find a way to make a character work in Smash is a little different than actually coming out and telling us that we shouldn't even think about Sukapon having a chance.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Okay looks like sakurai wants to troll and not reveal anything.... whatever.

I'm already gonna go ahead and expect the Nov. reveals because Oct looks like its done. (unless a ROB or something shows up, but that doesn't hype me up)

At least PM made me happy with the mewtwo reveal. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom