• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I can tell this is going to get off-topic pretty soon. Good to get this out before we get too deep into derp and get the thread closed.

So I've been on GameFAQs and checked out a thread. I noticed that there was yet another person claiming that a third-party character (this time Lloyd Irving) would take little effort to put in Smash. Immediately, I called him out for saying this because of not recognizing that Sakurai considers all third-party characters to be an excruciating effort (and I don't think that fitting in gets any easier just because you're a character from Namco, a third-party is still a third-party), sometimes even harder than the game itself. After finishing my post, I then realized something very important, that due to the unknown nature of third-parties, there are no likely third-party additions.

Us getting third-parties at all is more of a 50/50 deal. Granted, I do lean towards the side where third-party returns, but I've been putting Snake, Sonic, Mega Man and Layton at 50% or higher in my mind and honestly... that's way too much. It's difficult to determine what will happen with third-party characters, so I have to keep things in perspective. I especially came to realize this after thinking about who I felt was among the Top 20 most likely newcomer. I saw that I put Mega Man at #8 on my list and inwardly groan knowing that I was being too generous on his odds (I also should not be expecting third-parties at all, even if I do lean towards them returning). Mega Man will still appear on my Top 20 most likely newcomers, but he'll barely crack it. I'm not even sure if I'm even going to keep Layton around (I may just because I could still see him getting in and I can't think of anyone else that I don't already have on my Top 20 that I could see).

So for now, I'm removing all third-parties from my prediction roster (I still have the one from my previous prediction roster, I just renamed it as one with third-parties in it) and will not be expecting any until we get confirmed information whenever or not third-parties will be returning. There are reasons to believe why third-parties might return, but the fact is, no third-party characters should be treated as likely because of how little we truly know about third-parties.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think Pico could always make a pretty sick AT, perhaps using some moves from his secret video. Y'know duel gun wielding, and going all like Pew Pew Pew! Then Zzzap! And some of cool backflips going all Ninja Turtle and like Zwooosh! Then the final blow Bzztt Zzzap Kaboom! Exploding everyone in the process.
I would love Pico as an Assist Trophy. I think he would be feasible if they can him futuristic guns that shot out lasers.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
HE SHOULD DO THE F-ZERO SPINNY THING ON HIS SHELLBACK AND MAYBE SHOOT OUT LASERS WHILE HE'S SPINNING I MEAN REALLY THAT'S THE COOLEST THING PICO CAN DO.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
HE SHOULD DO THE F-ZERO SPINNY THING ON HIS SHELLBACK AND MAYBE SHOOT OUT LASERS WHILE HE'S SPINNING I MEAN REALLY THAT'S THE COOLEST THING PICO CAN DO.
Bayonetta can do that and more.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I would love Pico as an Assist Trophy. I think he would be feasible if they can him futuristic guns that shot out lasers.
Yeah, he could really be a cool AT. I agree that it could work (and it would be cool) if he uses futuristic laser guns, as opposed to shooting out bullets like in his Master Class video.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Bayonetta can do that and more.
Can Bayonetta drive a vehicle that flies at the speed of sound and nearly get that sport that involves those high-speed vehicles banned due to overly aggressive driving?

Didn't think so.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sure, Bayonetta could do that. All she needs to do is transform her hair into a car. :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Okay buddies, check this Small franchise list and tell me if I'm missing a character you want/think should be there? Many thanks!

Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Olimar (Pikmin)
R.O.B (Gyromite)
Aeron (Pandora's Tower)
Alex (Golden Sun)
Alex Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
Alice (Balloon Kid)
Andy (Advanced Wars)
Ashley Robbins (Trace Memory / Another Road)
Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club pt. II)
Balloon Fighter
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
Calista (The Last Story)
Captain N
Captain Quartet (Pikmin 3)
Captain Rainbow
Demille (Tomato Adventure)
Dillon (Rolling Western)
Dr. Write (Sim City)
Duck Hunt Dog
Dunban (Xenoblade)
Elite Beat Agents
Excited Biker
Felix (Golden Sun)
Fiora (Xenoblade)
Heracles (Glory of Heracles)
Hero (Magc Starsign / Vacation)
Hunter (Fossil Fighter)
Isa Jo (Sin & Punishment)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Jill (Drill Dozer)
John Raimi (Geist)
K.K Slider (Animal Crossing)
Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk)
Labrador / Grey Tabby (Nintendogs + Cats)
Lark (PilotWings)
Lip (Panel De Pon)
Little Mac (Punch Out!!!)
Louie (Pikmin)
Mach Rider
Matthew (Golden Sun)
Mii (Wii Series)
Mike Jones (Star Tropics)
Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)
Ray MK (Custom Robo)
Ryota Hayami (Wave Race)
Ryuta (Ouendan)
Prince Richard (For the Frog the Bell Tolls)
Prince Sable (For the Frog the Bell Tolls)
Reyn (Xenoblade)
Saki (Sin & Punishment)
Sakura Samurai (Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword)
Shulk (Xenoblade)
Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Takamaru (The Mysterious Musasame Castle)
Tamagon (Devil World)
Tempo (Harmo Knight)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing
Urban Champion
Villager (Animal Crossing)
Welt (Soma Bringer)
Zael (The Last Story)

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Devil from devil world
Karate Joe from rhythm heavon

side topic

let's see, an alien that ride's a motorcycle with cool weapons

cue my namesake :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How about slaying a god? Can Pico do that?

Yeah. Didn't think so.
Well there is no god in the F-Zero universe. Only an evil entity of darkness, which he can beat.

So same thing really.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Man, I love Okami and Okamiden. Capcom should make a new Okami game.
Only if they choke down their pride and get platinum games and the guys who were from clover studios to do it. Come to think of it they showed interest in making a takamaru game if i recall, and if its anything like okami that would be excellent.

D

Deleted member

Well there is no god in the F-Zero universe. Only an evil entity of darkness, which he can beat.

So same thing really.
*coughTheCreatorscough*

But then again, only Falcon can beat them. IN A RACE no less.
Ergo, Falcon is a god.

....and I lost what my point was in this post.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So... If you had to choose one character that you don't like to be put in the game, who would it be?

Note. It has to be a character that actually has a chance of getting in.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Nintendo Land has completely dropped out of the Top 50 in Japan. I don't think the game has even broken 300K in Japan.

Nintendo Land was a big way to introduce Takamaru to a new generation of gamers.

In the West (or at least North America), Nintendo Land is packed in with the Wii U, so there is new Nintendo fans that are becoming acquainted with the samurai.

I do think if Takamaru is in Smash 4 he will be very well-received. I also think a new Nazo no Murasame will be made, but not by Sakurai.

I could see Sakurai's next project after Smash 4 being some new IP where he creates a new character. Although, I don't think Sakurai will be coming back to direct or decide the roster for Smash 5.

I think Miyamoto's new IP character probably missed the the boat for Smash 4 unless Miyamoto gave him a sneak peak about him.

D

Deleted member

Why would I choose a character I don't like?

EDIT: I'd say that, ~automatic, but Tingle is not someone I don't like.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
But if I stayed out all day/night then you wouldn't have replied to me. Things happen for a reason, you know.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Nintendo Land has completely dropped out of the Top 50 in Japan. I don't think the game has even broken 300K in Japan.

Nintendo Land was a big way to introduce Takamaru to a new generation of gamers.

In the West (or at least North America), Nintendo Land is packed in with the Wii U, so there is new Nintendo fans that are becoming acquainted with the samurai.

I do think if Takamaru is in Smash 4 he will be very well-received. I also think a new Nazo no Murasame will be made, but not by Sakurai.

I could see Sakurai's next project after Smash 4 being some new IP where he creates a new character. Although, I don't think Sakurai will be coming back to direct or decide the roster for Smash 5.

I think Miyamoto's new IP character probably missed the the boat for Smash 4 unless Miyamoto gave him a sneak peak about him.
I feel like we could see Miyamoto's new IP getting in as an assist trophy and not an actual fighter, especially if it get's announced around E3 this year. Also I feel like if there were a Smash 5 to be made after Sm4sh, Sakurai would probably be like supervising rather then running it all. I don't think he would abandon it all together.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Gotta keep in mind that it's basically a tech demo, which not available with the deluxe models over there. If that game was packed with the deluxe sets, you'd see a marginal boost in sales due to being basically "free".

Well I would say Nazo no Murasame Jo being referenced in a minigame collection is not as big as you think, though it does help in some regard. However, it's not the best minigame in the collection, that title goes to Metroid Blast.

Well the thing to remember about Takamaru is that the character is of "another flavor" by being a samurai from ancient Japan, something that actually (ironically) is loved about in the West. There are a surprising amount of people that love samurai.

As for a new game, that can be brought into light by Platinum Games with Kamiya being the director. He mentioned the possibility first, so let him take a shot at it.

yani

Smash Lord
Can Bayonetta drive a vehicle that flies at the speed of sound and nearly get that sport that involves those high-speed vehicles banned due to overly aggressive driving?

Didn't think so.
Does Captain Falcon have a game in production funded by Nintendo?

...Didn't think so :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom