• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Ike know how to rally the spirit (soundtrack pun intended)

On a side note, despite his ranger class being way more iconic and people loving vanguard ike a lot, I think he looks the coolest as a lord. It would require some extra work but seeing that in SSB4 would be neat.

D

Deleted member

In what way? Other characters get just as much merchandise as him, and he only had a small part in the movie.
Well for starters, in the later version of Nintendo Monopoly, he was the highest priced character from Animal Crossing (which is not much since they were just the ones after the two lowest priced properties). The only other purchasable properties were K.K. Slider and Rosie the Cat.......

Within other games, he was one of three trophies in Melee, the other two being K.K. Slider and Mr. Resetti......

......holy crap. There really isn't much to go by him being the mascot. It doesn't seem the series actually has one.
I guess it would be more fair to say that he's one of the most iconic characters if not the most iconic, I guess.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Thus there's the problems with an Animal Crossing characters. None of them are in particular fighting material, and there is a lack of a definitive face to call it's own.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kuma's ideas for Tom Nook is the only way I'd accept a Animal Crossing character. All others, no please.

Ike is popular cause he's awesome. And personally, I'd hope he'd got off with Mia somehow. As he's not as distant to her as to other females, except maybe Titania, Ellincia, Mist and Lethe. Two of which are (basically) family members.

And I do not really fear his replacement anymore. Roy ain't getting in before Ike, and I don't feel Chrom warrants a replacement for Ike seeing as the Avatar and Lucina are both more important and popular.

D

Deleted member

Thus there's the problems with an Animal Crossing characters. None of them are in particular fighting material, and there is a lack of a definitive face to call it's own.
Er, don't forget there's still a certain rage-filled mole who boasts about throwing some "mole elbows" and going a few rounds with Vicious Vole Vinnie.

EDIT: Wait a minute.
Vicious Vole Vinnie for Smash. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Kuma's ideas for Tom Nook is the only way I'd accept a Animal Crossing character. All others, no please.

Ike is popular cause he's awesome. And personally, I'd hope he'd got off with Mia somehow. As he's not as distant to her as to other females, except maybe Titania, Ellincia, Mist and Lethe. Two of which are (basically) family members.

And I do not really fear his replacement anymore. Roy ain't getting in before Ike, and I don't feel Chrom warrants a replacement for Ike seeing as the Avatar and Lucina are both more important and popular.
Mia was cool. I liked her. But Stephan was always the better Swordmaster.

Elincia was also pretty Neato, it's kinda cool how she was actually useful in FE10.

But yeah, Ike ain't going nowhere, not when he's the most popular Lord in the West. If Roy fans caused backlash, Ike leaving would cause a bigger uproar, as he's actually a decent character not only in Smash, but in FE, and there is really no reason to remove him. Then again, it's just fanboys whining, but still.

D

Deleted member

At this rate, I'm not particularly concern for any Nintendo characters already in Brawl. Sure there's the very distant off-chance Ike gets axed due to time constraints, but with him being the lord of two games, being a very highly popular addition in Brawl (even more so than Roy) and continuing to have some importance in the Fire Emblem franchise, it's hard to see him get cut. Plus Sakurai seems hesitant to cut characters for reasons other than time constraints and I feel he'll be even more wary of cuts in general.

Like I said before, my only real concern with the roster is with the third-parties and how Sakurai will handle them.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Like I said before, my only real concern with the roster is with the third-parties and how Sakurai will handle them.
And like I said, my only real concern with the roster is to not **** all over balance.

Also for the people that are saying that Ike will never be cut due to being popular, do I need to remind you that Mewtwo being removed was a thing?

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
They should be able to balance the game after its release on the Wii U if something ends up being broken.
The console is capable of updates like that, right? If so, then I don't see why they wouldn't make use of them.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mia was cool. I liked her. But Stephan was always the better Swordmaster.

Elincia was also pretty Neato, it's kinda cool how she was actually useful in FE10.

But yeah, Ike ain't going nowhere, not when he's the most popular Lord in the West. If Roy fans caused backlash, Ike leaving would cause a bigger uproar, as he's actually a decent character not only in Smash, but in FE, and there is really no reason to remove him. Then again, it's just fanboys whining, but still.
I liked Mia much more than Stephan, cause she was more reliable. Stephan's bad Luck stat makes him screw up far more often than I'd like to happen. It also means less avoidability, and as we known: Swordmasters shouldn't get hit. Ever. But in PoR, Stephan is clearly better than Mia. No doubt. I just really prefer Mia in Radiant Dawn. Zihark is also awesome though. Moreso in PoR, but he's more than decent in RD as well.

Ellincia was always awesome to me. I love dat Amitti man. 4 x attacks, plus Stun? Whoop some asses your Majesty! Swords + Staffs + Pegasus is also an awesome combination. Though she needs quite some help to become decent in Path of Radiance.

Ike leaving would cause more backlash than Roy's definitely. He was massively supported pre-Brawl, and actually had a very likeable moveset to most. Especially casuals I'd think. The fact he had an unique playstyle should really work in his favor to. But I feel that if he got replaced, he'd be requested again for the next Smash much like Mewtwo and Roy are now. I however wouldn't expect to get Roy back if Ike gets cut.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well I don't think lacking a definitive face means much, especially to AC, since it had a character in development at one point.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I believe the technical definition of common knowledge is if you are able to find a source for it in 6 different locations

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Wasn't in development, Sakurai just tossed the idea in his head around. Didn't stick.

Who knows how many characters fit that description.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Urban Champion and Balloon Fighter where also in the works. I still don't view these two as likely.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Unlike those series, however, Animal Crossing IS one of Nintendo's most popular series

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
In the preproduction phase, anything that crosses the developer's minds could be seen as once considered. I think it means a lot less than fans interpret it to be.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But unlike the other two series, it has close to no material worthy of a fighting moveset.

We have enough sillyness already thrown in some character's movesets sure, but they are not all based on sillyness. And I think that's just what an Animal Crossing character would add. Except for Kuma's Tom Nook.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But unlike the other two series, it has close to no material worthy of a fighting moveset.

We have enough sillyness already thrown in some character's movesets sure, but they are not all based on sillyness. And I think that's just what an Animal Crossing character would add. Except for Kuma's Tom Nook.
A trap based character, using pitfalls and butterfly nets?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why butterfly nets? C'mon, there's axes, and heck, why not throw a honeycomb filled with bees even?

I honestly disaprove of the idea.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why butterfly nets? C'mon, there's axes, and heck, why not throw a honeycomb filled with bees even?

I honestly disaprove of the idea.
Who's to say he can't use all of those things?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Noone is to say he cannot use it. I just don't like the idea that much. At least with Mr. Game & Watch's wacky moves there's a story behind most of the moves. And characters like Luigi, Peach, King Dedede, Wario, and the like with more wacky moves still have more than enough potential and character to warrant their place. That random dude you can costumize in Animal Crossing doesn't have that.... Hence why I don't like the character idea.

Not that Animal Crossing is bad or anything. As I'm perfectly fine with content from the game. But no characters please.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
you know you play too much viva pinata when you read honeycomb as bunnycomb,

Animal Crossing seems to have interesting characters, so I wouldn't mind one.

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
Animal Crossing is a sweet and calm game. It should really stay that way.
And for the argument Yoshi is the same, he does at least have some fighting potential in his games.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not like Smash has any sort of canon anyway, I'm not sure how a character in the game would effect Animal Crossing in any way

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
It's not like Smash has any sort of canon anyway, I'm not sure how a character in the game would effect Animal Crossing in any way
In my opinion, it wouldn't really affect the game, it'd just be sort of misleading to the Animal Crossing series, as Smash does seem to have an influence on which games people play, for example: Fire Emblem.

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'll just you Will as an example. Say Will is an 8-year-old boy who just got a 3DS/Wii U and bought Smash Bros. He has never played any other games before, and he thought he'd give this one a try. He has this favorite character named Tom Nook/Other AC Character and he sees Animal Crossing: New Leaf is another 3DS game, so he decides he wants to go get New Leaf (along with a 3DS if on U Version). He ends up very disappointed at the fact that there is really no fighting at all in Animal Crossing.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, I'll just you Will as an example. Say Will is an 8-year-old boy who just got a 3DS/Wii U and bought Smash Bros. He has never played any other games before, and he thought he'd give this one a try. He has this favorite character named Tom Nook/Other AC Character and he sees Animal Crossing: New Leaf is another 3DS game, so he decides he wants to go get New Leaf (along with a 3DS if on U Version). He ends up very disappointed at the fact that there is really no fighting at all in Animal Crossing.
That's like saying that people would be disappointed that Falcon doesn't Falcon Punch in F-Zero.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Of coarse it could work. Thing is, I really don't want it happening cause to me it would be more than stupid.

This is regarding the Animal Crossing human character of coarse. Tom Nook has some actual stuff to work with. Yet, I'm still not too fond of the idea having him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom