• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I like how he has Zephiel there. One of the better FE antagonists imo.

I am still a bit shocked about how poorly Toad and Dixie Kong are doing in Shortie's poll. Dixie Kong is one of the few female Nintendo characters that was a playable character in more than one major mainline title within their own series. Toad is a Mario icon and Nintendo icon in general, and the only Mario character whom has been in every Mario Kart to date and a playable character in the Mario platformers who is not yet playable in Smash Bros. Toad is probably one of the few Nintendo characters left not yet playable in Smash Bros. that casual game fans would be able to recognize.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Can you really still list Donkey Kong along side those other big names?

I know he used to sell like wildfire, but it just doesn't seem to me like he's had any hugely popular games in a long time. Maybe my perception is just off.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Can you really still list Donkey Kong along side those other big names?

I know he used to sell like wildfire, but it just doesn't seem to me like he's had any hugely popular games in a long time. Maybe my perception is just off.
DKCReturns sold a lot. In Japan alone, it almost reached a million copies sold. However, prior to that, DK's last big hit was Donkey Kong 64. Nintendo really did not know what to do with DK after Rare left.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
So how bout those rosters? Who has Isaac on their rosters?
I like how he has Zephiel there. One of the better FE antagonists imo.
Zephiel's a little poop; you save his life and he attempts to kill everyone with dragons. Some grateful king.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Zephiel's a little poop; you save his life and he attempts to kill everyone with dragons. Some grateful king.
It was the absolutely horrible treatment he received from his father all of his life (and bottling it all up), and his father poisoning him (and barely surviving it) that sent Zephiel off the deep end.

bobadz

Smash Ace
It was the absolutely horrible treatment he received from his father all of his life (and bottling it all up), and his father poisoning him (and barely surviving it) that sent Zephiel off the deep end.
Pretty much. Most other Fire Emblem Main antagonists are completely unsympathetic.

Also, who do you think has a better chance realistically, K Rool or Dixie Kong?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Daddy didn't love him so tried to kill everyone?

Sympathetic my ass.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Also, who do you think has a better chance realistically, K Rool or Dixie Kong?
K. Rool due to how much more wanted he is. However, Dixie Kong does have a chance at getting in before K. Rool mostly due to that Sakurai at least has put some thought into how a playable Dixie Kong would work.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
K. Rool due to how much more wanted he is. However, Dixie Kong does have a chance at getting in before K. Rool mostly due to that Sakurai at least has put some thought into how a playable Dixie Kong would work.
Just based on these two things being both their best arguments, this should put Dixie in front of K Rool.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Just based on these two things being both their best arguments, this should put Dixie in front of K Rool.
K. Rool also has more prominence in the DK series overall. He was in every Rare DK game, and was the main antagonist of Paon's DK trilogy.

I am not going to use the moveset argument for K. Rool because that is very much an opinion.

So K. Rool's advantages are popularity and prominence.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dixie is my favorite Kong, so I don't think I would be too disappointed. But I do believe K Rool would make an excellent character and would rather have him first

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, I would be fearful for K Rool too. If there's only going to be one addition, in my mind we already know who Sakurai's been thinking about.

Also, a bit over 1600, and a ****ton of colors ~

1. Megaman [Capcom] 876
2. Mewtwo [Pokemon] 780
3. Ridley [ Metroid]606
4. King K. Rool [Donkey Kong] 569
5. Little Mac [Punch Out] 569
6. Waluigi [Super Mario] 487
7. Isaac [Golden Sun] 477
8. Bowser Junior [Super Mario] 422
9. Roy [Fire Emblem]421
10. Ghirahim [Legend Of Zelda] 416
11. Palutena [Kid Icarus] 406
12. Krom [Fire Emblem]364
13. Shulk [Xenoblade] 351
14. Pac - Man [Namco]338
15. Krystal [StarFox] 328
16. Zoroark [Pokemon] 322
17. Geno [Square Enix]302
18. Toad [Super Mario] 265
19. Takamaru [Murasame Castle] 234
20. Dixie Kong [Donkey Kong] 223
21. Samurai Goroh [F-Zero] 206
22. Saki [Sin & Punishment] 203
23. Bandana Dee [Kirby] 172
24. Black Shadow [F-Zero] 167
25. Mona [WarioWare] 150

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think at the very least Little Mac and K. Rool should be the same color since they are tied, and Ridley probably should be too because he is only around 35 votes ahead of them.

D

Deleted member

I think we'll get both King K. Rool and Dixie Kong. King K. Rool is likely the most wanted Nintendo newcomer (internationally speaking) that is a very important part of the Donkey Kong franchise (only ones more important are DK and Diddy and they're already in). Dixie Kong has the advantage of being considered as a playable character, although she's not nearly as requested as King K. Rool (mainly in the West) and while important, is a step down from the King himself.

If there were to be one, it'd probably be King K. Rool, although Dixie Kong getting prioritized over K. Rool is a possibility.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Shortie, I think although the poll is registered to one vote per IP address, that someone must have switched their IP address around because since your last update only a half hour ago, there have been multiple votes in which they went to the same characters.

I refreshed again, and the person that is repeatedly voting for Mona (this is the biggest tell tale), Dixie Kong, Krystal, Chrom, and Palutena.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Shortie, I think although the poll is registered to one vote per IP address, that someone must have switched their IP address around because since your last update only a half hour ago, there have been multiple votes in which they went to the same characters.

I refreshed again, and the person that is repeatedly voting for Mona (this is the biggest tell tale), Dixie Kong, Krystal, Chrom, and Palutena.
Which characters?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Which characters?
The ones in my quoted post in addition to Mega Man (though him getting eight votes in a row is not odd due to how high he is in the poll). The other characters in the combination they have getting eight votes in a row is certainly very, very fishy.

Yet another repeat vote. This person keeps repeatedly voting for Mona, Krystal, Dixie Kong, Chrom.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Something fishy around here. It's a good thing we kept tally just before this happened.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It stopped a few minutes after I brought it up. I wondering if the person who is ballot stuffing is reading this topic.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It stopped a few minutes after I brought it up. I wondering if the person who is ballot stuffing is reading this topic.
Could it be a member of smashboards?!?!

Shortie, is there any way to track the IPs of the last few votes?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'll look into it, but even if it's true, there's only so much I can do.

I'm just a normal person using the best FREE sites around. Can't expect air tight results. Still, I am very, very familiar with how these programs run and these results are pretty clean. Much cleaner than with most poll sites.

Isn't Shortie himself for those characters?
Why would I even do that? Really? So I can show up these dudes on the internet? I mean, really.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Can I have a :link: to the past poll please? Iirc I haven't voted yet, and I want to see this for myself.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Could it be a member of smashboards?!?!

Shortie, is there any way to track the IPs of the last few votes?
Could possibly be. However, I am pretty sure you are only allowed one vote per IP, however, someone who is able to switch their IP around would be able to get around this.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm just joking/ Trying to add to the "Clue" like atmosphere.

We need multiple endings where each one of us are the ones who've done it

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm just joking/ Trying to add to the "Clue" like atmosphere.

We need multiple endings where each one of us are the ones who've done it
Only if I'm the tragic villain.

There was another vote.

Who was voted for?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Could possibly be. However, I am pretty sure you are only allowed one vote per IP, however, someone who is able to switch their IP around would be able to get around this.
That's something I cannot get around and any using polls that way is going to run into.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
And boy did we have fun!

Thing is, Dark Samus can't really do the same things Samus can. She has no Missile or Morph Ball functions.
Dark Samus did have missiles in Prime 2 during her first couple boss fights, along with super missile IIRC. Also had a morph ball form, but she only used it as a boost ball (like Samus's, only better) which she was all over the place with like the Boost Guardian.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That's something I cannot get around and any using polls that way is going to run into.
So do you mean that as an obstacle to the integrity of the poll results (people shifting their IP around to do multiple votes), or do you mean that they can't shift their IP around to vote more?

D

Deleted member

Also Mega Man as well. I've noticed a considerable increase in vote for him and was wondering what was going on.

I feel as it could be one of these female supporters trying to boost votes for females (along with Chrom).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
To an extent, yes. But I really can't do anything about someone who knows how to outsmart my hosting site. So, yeah. In the most harshest sense, my polls aren't clean, but it's in the same rhealm other online polls are. You should always take them with a grain of salt. I cannot help that some people really know what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom