• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well "light" and "fairy" really are synonymous in my book. They'll represent that pure magic type stuff. There's still a bunch of Pokemon who can be classified under fairy.

I'm just wonderin' if we will get a fairy type mascot.

D

Deleted member

Need a "Fairy" type mascot? Why not the original mascot of Pokémon, Clefairy? :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Would not be out of place with Pikachu, Jiggs, Charizard, ect. I wouldn't mind

This.

You ever play YuGiOh? All the Fairies are under Light attribute. Well traditionally at least.
I'm still hoping we get a second type. But alas, probably not. Sound is a really good idea IMO. I think it's weird that Clefairy would be a fairy type, who comes from outer space? The plot thickens. I think Jiggs may have a change of typing if this ends up being true.

D

Deleted member

Well "light" and "fairy" really are synonymous in my book. They'll represent that pure magic type stuff. There's still a bunch of Pokemon who can be classified under fairy.

I'm just wonderin' if we will get a fairy type mascot.
This.

You ever play YuGiOh? All the Fairies are under Light attribute. Well traditionally at least.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I love dumb reasons as to why a character should no be in. And by love I mean hate.

Examples include such classics as: "Sakurai said Ridley is too big"

"Ridley,Roy, (pre New Mewtwo announcement), Mewtwo, and K Rool are irrelevant"

(Post New Mewtwo forme announcement) "it looks ugly."

D

Deleted member

I love dumb reasons as to why a character should no be in. And by love I mean hate.

Examples include such classics as: "Sakurai said Ridley is too big"

"Ridley,Roy, (pre New Mewtwo announcement), Mewtwo, and K Rool are irrelevant"

(Post New Mewtwo forme announcement) "it looks ugly."
Roy's just boring.

K.Rool IS irrelevant.

Ridley is too big.

Mewtwo... **** Mewtwo.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Fairy interesting,

let's not forget that while there are the tinkerbells of the fairy world, there are mischievous fairies (sprites), and evil fairies (imps)

in magic: the gathering I believe fairies are either white or blue, with some black

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The power is strong in the fae.

Fairy interesting,

let's not forget that while there are the tinkerbells of the fairy world, there are mischievous fairies (sprites), and evil fairies (imps)
From what I know about fairies, they're nothing like Tinker Bell.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I agree. I don't want this thread to get locked again. Check out Liggypujff there!
This thread is definitely in hot water with all the crazy posts that were made earlier. This will be the last warning for all users to please keep all off-topic clutter in the general discussion thread.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So... how would you guys react if we got both Ridley and Dark Samus?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
and we all come back like nothing happened... :evil:
ANSWER THE QUESTION!11!1!

Personally I would love it if that happened.

My perfect Metroid Roster would be.

Samus/ZSS
Ridley
Dark Samus
Anthony

But we'll probably only get Samus, ZSS and Ridley.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
So... how would you guys react if we got both Ridley and Dark Samus?
Yh...Ermmm good Question talking Ivysaur...thats exzactly what we was talking about...uh..yh...

Imo Metroid ****ing deserves it you bloody ******!
XD

Im serious though..apart from the swearing...

Its good i aint greedy! But with all this STARFOX/Kirby/Kid Icarus/MOTHER/Fire emblem - Crap...

D.K Series:

D.K
Diddy
K.Rool

Metroid:
Samus
Ridley
Dark Samus/Rundas/Sylux (if new villain in new Metroid U/

Enough said...

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Depends on who is in the game

frankly the only way I see dark samus getting in is the melee treatment

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
never should she couldn't, but that's the only way I see her getting in

@m&s guy remember "All work and no play makes jack a dull boy"

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Z/Samus, Ridley, and Dark Samus are pretty much all you would ever need to represent Metroid perfectly. After that you're left with a bunch of no-names and snorefests. You'd be down to adding Kraid and Mother Brain.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
never should she couldn't, but that's the only way I see her getting in

@m&s guy remember "All work and no play makes jack a dull boy"
And boy did we have fun!

Thing is, Dark Samus can't really do the same things Samus can. She has no Missile or Morph Ball functions.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
And boy did we have fun!

Thing is, Dark Samus can't really do the same things Samus can. She has no Missile or Morph Ball functions.
She has morph ball and yh Oasis your right in all honesty.

I just Mentioned Sylux just incase if he is the Villain in Metroid U and they use him to promote etc:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Gimme Anthony Higgs please. Charge laser while disregarding people because of their lack of style. I cannot see why you'd hate such a character.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
yet captain falcon is a kamen rider, and ness uses his team mates moves, obviously dark samus could be a clone, which is the only way I see her getting in

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's kind of funny how many potential last minute semi-clones that could get in this time are female. Dark Samus, Dixie, Medusa...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's kind of funny how many potential last minute semi-clones that could get in this time are female. Dark Samus, Dixie, Medusa...
Can you really consider Dark Samus a female?

It's kind of an it.

D

Deleted member

Yes, great fun. Much laughter was made this night.

Also just out of curiosity, but is there any changes to Shortie's poll?
Not that I'm aware of. Could be wrong, thought. I would post the poll result, but I'll let Shortie do it this time around.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Not that I'm aware of. Could be wrong, thought. I would post the poll result, but I'll let Shortie do it this time around.
The only big changes are that Roy, Bowser Jr., and Ghirahim have passed up Palutena, Bandanna Dee is now at the top of the "bottom 3", and that K. Rool and Little Mac are basically tied (before Little Mac used to have 15-20 vote lead on him).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Don't forget Toon Zelda, Impa, Viridi, and possibly even Krystal (every additional SF character has been a last minute addition).

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Unless your planning on Dark Samus getting special phazon moves and not making her a clone, I don't see why an alternate color scheme/costume wouldn't be just as viable.
4 metroid reps could be cool but I don't think its a crime just adding Ridley.

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
I personally don't think Metroid has been big enough in the past couple years to get two new representatives. I feel the same with Donkey Kong.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I say we get any amount of characters from any franchise as long as they are good characters, regardless of what the series has been doing

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
unlike metroid, who's main popularity derives from the west, donkey kong's is more world wide, and I feel the popularity of dk can get it two newcomers

D

Deleted member

I say we get any amount of characters from any franchise as long as they are good characters, regardless of what the series has been doing
Pretty much. There's a good reason why we haven't seen ten Mario characters in Smash yet and also why I trust Sakurai with deciding the roster (my only true worry is how Sakurai will go about with third-parties).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
unlike metroid, who's main popularity derives from the west, donkey kong's is more world wide, and I feel the popularity of dk can get it two newcomers
Mario, Pokemon, Wii Series, LOZ, and Donkey Kong are the top five franchises Nintendo sells, so it's definitely more popular. But fire Emblem had two additions, and it's definitely not as popular as any of these fracnhises, as well as Metroid and Kirby.

I wouldn't mind Dark Samus,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom