• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wanna do drawing contests here. Each day, another character from Brawl and a potential newcomer. Who's up? :laugh:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Link was left-handed in Brawl. The only right-handed ones are the Wii TP Link and Skyward Sword Link for gameplay reasons.
Darn casuals ruining the gameplay, they should know that using your left-hand opens up all kinds of more versatile combos, not to mention all the advanced techniques like left-canceling and left dashing.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Darn casuals ruining the gameplay, they should know that using your left-hand opens up all kinds of more versatile combos, not to mention all the advanced techniques like left-canceling and left dashing.
Yes, because I need to work on my muscle memory to be ambidextrous with an imaginary sword. Thanks, Obama!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I wanna do drawing contests here. Each day, another character from Brawl and a potential newcomer. Who's up? :laugh:
I can't draw ****, but that would be fun...I mean I do have doodles that I did for fun but yeah that would be cool.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I disagree on Ike and Lucario though. But the rest you're right with.
Perhaps the better phrase should have been "a large portion of their popularity". Ike and Lucario became tremendously more popular due to Brawl, especially Ike, who could have very well have been forgotten considering how much his games sold relative to the rest of the series. FE9 was even on clearance during pre-Brawl (that is actually where a lot of the pre-Brawl Ike supporters came from).

Personally, I find FE9 to be the greatest home console FE after FE5.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yes. And everybody has to join. Bonus: draw your whole roster. :laugh:

I hope I still have Paint on my PC...
Challenge accepted. :p This might take awhile for my roster, but hey. I already have Wookuss.

D

Deleted member

Arcadenik said:
In my case, I support Chrom because I expect him to get in. I have never played Awakening.
One of the worst reason to support any character whatsoever. Seriously, supporting characters primarily, if not only, based on the expectation of said character getting in, is highly shallow support that reeks of "expected but not wanted". People should not support a character because they think the character is likely, but because they want a character.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Someone please draw Peekemen Trainer!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I was thinking of compiling all of this ARTWORK into one roster. So basically draw as AMAZING as possible and I'll put everything together. This includes newcomers.

It will be glorious.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oasis_S already has a good Ridley drawing.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Let me find my paint. I'll join in. ;)

My parents are in a room behind me now.. Will join in later to avoid the awkward. :laugh:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
One of the worst reason to support any character whatsoever. Seriously, supporting characters primarily, if not only, based on the expectation of said character getting in, is highly shallow support that reeks of "expected but not wanted". People should not support a character because they think the character is likely, but because they want a character.
I guess so... I just don't care for Fire Emblem. I don't really like the gameplay but I like the character design. I like Chrom's design and I wouldn't mind seeing Chrom in Smash, even if it is at the expense of Ike or Roy.

Nintendo characters I want and expect: Dixie Kong (solo), King K. Rool, Little Mac, Mewtwo (6th gen), Palutena, Toad

Nintendo characters I expect but am indifferent to: Bowser Jr., Chrom, Mewtwo (1st gen), Mii, Ridley, Shulk, Takamaru, Zoroark

Nintendo characters I expect but not want: Balloon Fighter, Dark Pit (as a clone :rolleyes:), Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy, Slippy Toad (as yet another Fox clone :rolleyes:), Toon Zelda / Toon Sheik (Tetra would have made this tolerable), Waluigi (gotta brace myself in case)

Nintendo characters I want but not expect: Baby Mario (solo), Baby Mario Bros. (team), Captain N, Classic Link, Dixie & Kiddy (team), Donkey Kong Jr., Duck Hunt Dog, Fusion Suit Samus, Impa, Isaac (or Matthew), King Hippo, Louie (with Red, Blue, Yellow, Rock and Flying Pikmin), Magnus, Mallo (from Pushmo), Masked Link, Medusa, Meowth, Muddy Mole, Pokemon Trainer Gold, Starfy, Team Rocket, Tingle, Villager, Waddle Dee

Nintendo characters I don't expect and am indifferent to: Ashley, Black Shadow, Caeda, Captain Syrup, Commanding Officer Andy, Daisy, Deoxys, Dillon, Karate Joe, Kamek, Krystal, Lip, Lyn, Mach Rider, Micaiah, Mona, Paper Mario, Pokemon Trainer May, Rosalina, Saki (or Isa), Samurai Goroh, Sheriff, Sukapon

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
is there anyone else working on these?
Yeah, I'm doing my whole roster...But I guess I'll post the whole thing once I'm done, which might take a few days. But for now, Newcomer: Hgiraim!

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
You guys need watermarks over these designs

We wouldn't want people stealing such beautiful pieces of art now would we.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
I'm stumped on Mr. Watch and Game...
Mr.Watch and Game.png

This is the best I got but it needs more... of something...

Heres another...but still...hmmmm
Mr.Watch and Gamez.png

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
View attachment 362

Lafco Bomlardi

These are way too fun...
Oh god. I can't stop laughing. I need to get on this challenge now.

I'll try to unintentionally draw as crude as possible. And I'm gonna work on a legit Ganondork drawing because Ganondork has some potential for a fan base.:awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom